Lord’s Puppets pt. 4
12 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I went after the monster trying to land a hit on it without getting my weapon stuck. I was able to stab it three times but I didn’t hit the parasite. A little bit of blood poured out but the wounds closed pretty fast. I bearly stabbed it the fourth time because the monster began using a sword to defend itself. It learned that without mimicking me. Same as the last. He learns.

 

Does it mean this one also can control the earth? No. He is different. Not only appearance but abilities too. It doesn’t fully regenerate and it can make a smaller version by ripping off the tentacle. What if it can make more of them? That might be a significant difference. 

 

At first, it was blocking my attacks but it switched to offense out of nowhere. I blocked one attack with a spear. It sliced it in half. Now I had limited range and was put on a defense. The more it swung the sword the more precise it was. This one is a lot smarter. It learned this level of swordsmanship in two minutes. With a faint attack, I was able to open up its stomach spilling a lot of blood but no bug came out. 

 

Once again it was a fight where I was put on defense parring all the incoming attacks but I felt that the monster was only getting faster, even to the point where I didn’t block in time and got scratched. Right, when it went for a stab I dodged it and impaled the spear into the leg making it impossible to move. I didn’t use my usual speed. There was this weird feeling of my muscle moving. 

 

The monster tried to make a move toward me but immediately fell to the ground while unable to move its right leg. Even when heald there still was a spear in the leg blocking the movement of the muscles. Right there I saw a chance to kill it. I jumped on the neck hoping to snap it but the tentacle moved and hit me in the shoulder. It went pretty deep. 

 

With that chaotic movement, I’m fucked. I need speed. I need more speed to avoid the attacks. I need speed to land a hit. And a weapon to kill it. I won’t be able to do it with fists alone. I need to evolve! 

 

While I had time I focused my shapeshifting powers on my hands. I needed those claws that I had while fighting Goro. Dark fur began to cover my hands and my nails grew a bit longer but it wasn’t enough. It wasn’t the same as last time. Why was I able to change this much?

 

[ Eric ]

“Skyge! Come out!” 

 

[ Skyge ]

“Yes, master?” He asked once he left my shadow. The monster was visibly confused after seeing Skyge coming out of my shadow. It gave us a bit more time. 

 

[ Eric ]

“You’re the key to the evolution of my power. You see my hands. They are resembling your paws right now. Our bond is helping me improve. Can you change to the bigger form?”

 

[ Skyge ]

“Yes, I can!” Skyge changed his form and at the same time, I was able to change my hands. The claws grew longer and fur covered my skin to my elbow.

 

[ Eric ]

“It works! And it’s all thanks to you. Good job.”

 

[ Skyge ]

“I don’t understand what I did but I’m happy.” Said Skyge as he wiggle his tail. 

 

[ Eirc ]

“I’ll kill it on my own. Watch my back okay?”

 

[ Skyge ]

“Okay!”

 

While running at the monster I felt my legs changing too. My muscles changed shape a bit giving me more speed. Skyge had to use a lot of strength to keep up with me. The monster saw us going toward him and attacked us with its tentacles. With Skyge’s help, I was able to run past the attack and get into close combat. I was the one on the offense this time. It was keeping up with my attacks but I was able to land a few hits. The blood was slowly pouring out of its body. The more hit I landed the slower the monster got. It got slow to the point where I was able to cut open the stomach. 

 

The monster lost a lot of strength and speed to the point where I was able to toy with it and effortlessly throw it around. This one didn’t have unlimited resources to recover. Once it lost the blood it fell to the ground. The crowd cheered for me thinking it was the end but I left them speechless when lacerated its back. While doing that I saw the parasite and grabbed it. Showed to everyone and smashed it in my hand. 

 

Looking at the stands for the Great Lords I immediately could tell which one of them was Lokth. The man with long black hair and a mustache. Wearing white fur and black leather armor. He was the only one messing his hair in anger. I pointed my finger with a long claw at him. He noticed it and stood up to get closer to the edge of the stands. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Lokth! You have someone that I want. I’ll get him one way or another! So I have a proposition!” 

 

[ Lokth ]

“You’re trying to negotiate with Great Lord? Do you have a death wish?” 

 

[ Eric ]

“I’m only wanting to achieve that in a more peaceful way. It’s not like you have anyone else strong to protect you. Goro was the strongest.”

 

[ Lokth ]

“You’re still forgetting about…”

 

[ Eric ]

“Second in the ranking? Tae? Yeah. That’s who I want. Since you want me out of here I want a duel with your fighter. If I win, you’ll give me Tae and leave the island. If you win, I’ll give Goro’s spot back, all the money I earned here will be yours and you’ll never see me in the arena ever again. Are you in?”

 

[ Lokth ]

“Hmpf… Fine! You’ll fight one of my fighters in two days.” 

 

No matter what I won. Even if he wins by cheating I can just repay him by going after his life. I hoped it was the end but a floating piece of paper appeared before me. 

 

[ Eric ]

“What is that?!” 

 

[ Lokth ]

“Insurance. I already signed it. It’s a pact where both of us will keep the promise. If one of us will break it there will be a punishment from the gods.” 

 

[ Eric ]

“What if I don’t sign it?”

 

[ Lokth ]

“Then the deal is off!”

0