Jarl Of Dalir pt. 3 (Final)
21 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

When I came back with the material I saw a mast that almost looked like a tree or rather it was a tree shaped into a mast. I gave Tae the material and with his powers, he created and moved sticks and branches from the tree to put the sails on. While he was at it he also created ropes to move the sails. 

 

[ Eric ]

“You could use that power in some businesses like building ships or houses.”

 

[ Tae ]

“Maybe.”

 

We decided to set sail the next day. Unexpectedly a lot of people showed up to bid us farewell. Gelda, Verser, and his fighters, Gregor, Faust, and many people that watched my fights in the arena. While Dian had his last talk with Gelda, Gregor came to me with a chest.

 

[ Gregor ]

“Thanks to you we were able to take over the rule of the arena and the city without many problems. Watching your fights I noticed that you looked most comfortable with a short sword and a knife. I hope this gift will please you.” He said as he gave me the chest. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Thank you very much.” I bowed down. “Good luck with ruling the arena.”

 

I wanted to give Gelda and Dian a bit more time but they were taking too long. I asked Skyge to grab him. I was thinking of biting his ankles or just his clothes in bigger form but he literally bit his head and lifted him with his head in his mouth. At least it worked.

 

When we sailed off and had everything prepared, I opened the chest. There was a short sword with and knife with golden cross-guards and pommels. Sword had a grip made of red leather while the knife had green leather. Beside them were sheaths made of dark leather. My first own weapons. I had to check them and they felt great. The balance, the weight, and how well they were in my hands. They feel as great as Loki’s knives. If only they could raise my power while holding them. 

 

Since it was a small ship we traveled at high speed. Tae taught us the basics of tying the ropes and controlling the ship. I don’t think I’m ready yet to sail without him. I feel like there is still a lot to learn. 

 

When we had Dalir in view I just couldn’t stop looking that way. I’m gonna be a Jarl once I step foot in there. I’m a bit stressed but also excited. Hakon thinks I will be better Jarl than him. I’m flattered but I won’t let him sit that one out. He is going to be my right hand in the ruling. 

 

When we got close enough I saw one person sitting on the dock. Once she noticed the ship she stood up. I already knew who was that. It was Stella with a wooden staff. She walked back to the land, then ran through the whole dock and jumped into our ship. She was able to jump nine meters to our ship. I tried to catch her and I did but fell with her to the ground. 

 

[ Eric ]

“Are you okay?” I asked as I checked for any bruises on her.

 

[ Stella ]

“I missed you.” She said as she hugged me.

 

[ Eric ]

“I missed you too.”

 

Once we docked the ship, another person came to us. Hakon with only one guard thinking that it was a merchant ship. I approached him with Stella in my arms. 

 

[ Hakon ]

“I’m glad you came back unscathed. How did it go?”

 

[ Eric ]

“Actually. Better than I planned. I got Tae back, didn’t make any enemies, or rather killed the one who could. There is also a possibility that Hakarl Clan can become an ally to us.”

 

[ Hakon ]

“What were you doing out there?!”

 

[ Eric ]

“Long story. I’ll tell you later.”

 

[ Hakon ]

“She’s been waiting here almost the whole day.” Said Hakon when he noticed how tightly Stella was hugging me. “Every time after training, when she had free time. She sat here and waited.”

 

[ Eric ]

“She did? Sorry to keep you waiting.” I said as I pat her on the head. 

 

Right away we went to Jarl’s house. As we walked many people greeted us. Hakon gave me a dark blue cape and took a silver crown out of the chest. Guards informed the people that there is going to be an announcement from the Jarl. Hakon stood on the balcony alone and watched all the people.

 

[ Hakon ]

“Hard times are past us! We came a long way since then. We’ve lost many important people to us but we lived, we repaired, and moved on. While everything was happening I was only watching. I wasn’t the best Jarl. It’s time for some changes. I'm leaving Jarl's position. I’m not good for you.” People looked worried. Some even tried to cheer Hakon. “It’s not like I’m leaving an empty spot. There was someone who didn’t just watch everything. He took an action, he fought, and he helped you all. The next Jarl of Dalir village should be… ERIC!”

 

Once he said my name I stepped into the crowd’s view. They had mixed feelings but they didn’t look worried anymore. They believe in Hakon and they believe in me. I showed them how kind I am, how thoughtful I am, and how much I care about this place.

 

[ Eric ]

“Before I become a Jarl. Let me ask you. Do you have anything against me being a Jarl?” No one objected to my question. “Good. For those who think that Hakon should still rule I have good news. I won’t let him just stand by. Hakon. Can you be my right hand once I’m a Jarl?”

 

[ Hakon ]

“I… I… ekhm… Yes. I’ll be your right hand and help you with anything you ask.”

 

I bowed down and Hakon placed a crown on my head. People began to cheer for me and I waved to them with a warm smile on my face. I’m going to bring only good changes to this village. They welcomed me even though I’m not from here so I’ll do my best. 

 

[ Eric ]

“As a Jarl of Dalir Village, I promise that I’m gonna protect this place, I’m gonna take the best care of it, and make you all happy.”

 

This was the story of How I Became A Jarl. My story doesn't end here. I went on many adventures and made a lot of changes in the village. I became one of the greatest people in Midgard. Living legend. But that’s a lot of stories to tell you. I don’t know if you want to read them all.

 

Who knows. I might come back with more epic stories but for now, I bid you farewell, my dear reader.

0