Chapter 6: A Bloody Awful Weekend
359 2 21
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I set an alarm for 7:00 a.m. so I could be up in time to get to the cafe and meet with Ada. Seeing as I only managed to get to sleep around 4:00 a.m., I was really regretting that choice.

It’s hard to sleep when all you can focus on is the shifting weight of your new breasts, how they moosh together when you lay on your side, or spread out to the sides when you lay on your back, and forget laying on your stomach. Then there was all the extra padding in my hips, thighs, and ass.

I felt like my body was being horribly contorted by the nice, firm mattress I’d loved for years. When I finally managed to get to sleep it was more from exhaustion than comfort.

Bemoaning my bed situation aside, I had to get up and get ready. I didn’t exactly have a lot of casual clothes, so I was just going to have to make do with my closet.

None of my jeans even began to fit past my thighs, much less over my gigantic ass. Fuck.

Guess I’m making do with my uniform skirt, then…

At least my shirts kind of fit, even if they were very tight across the chest. More bandages would be needed to keep my stupid nipples from rubbing raw or showing through the material. 

I went through my morning routine, being sure to brush my extended fangs. Vampires with tooth decay would be bad, probably.

Disaster struck when I opened the bathroom door to return to my room and grab some sneakers and socks. 

My dad, who spends most of the week at work or asleep, so our schedules never really line up, was standing outside the bathroom door. 

I couldn’t stop the gasp of surprise. A very girlish gasp.

“Oh fuck,” I said, my voice now quite clearly a young woman’s.

“...Who the hell are you?” my dad asked, clearly confused by the young woman in his bathroom wearing his son’s shirt and boxers.

“Ah- uh-” I felt my heart rate spiking, my field of view narrowing as it went dark around the edges. “I’m- I-” I couldn’t make my mouth work. My voice was a constant reminder of what I was now.

Tears started to build and threatened to spill over.

“Hey, hey, are you okay? What happened? Are you Evan’s girlfriend? He didn’t hurt you, did he?”

Great. Now my dad thinks I’m my own girlfriend.

And that I might have… assaulted… myself? 

I could almost laugh at how ridiculous it was if I wasn’t on the verge of bawling. 

“It-It-It’s me, dad,” I stammered through my restrained sobs.

“I’m… I’m Evan…”

He took a step back, looking me over again from head to toe. Then he stepped in closer and looked me right in the eye.

“...Hm.” He pulled back again, straightening up. “Well… I’m not sure I believe you - who would believe their son is a cute girl all the sudden - but I’m willing to hear you out.”

My cheeks burned with the ‘praise’ of being called a cute girl.

That was the last thing I wanted to be right now.

Still, the best bet I had was to sit down with my dad and explain the incredibly unlikely series of events that had unfolded this week.

By the time I finished, he was left looking at me in disbelief, and had had at least two rum & cokes.

“So you’re telling me that vampires and magic are real, you hooked up with a vampire on Tinder, and now you’re turning into a vampire girl?”

I flinched. “Turned,” I said. “I already turned into a vampire girl. I’m… I’m fully a girl. Everywhere.”

He took another swig of his drink. “Well, this is a lot to process, Evan.”

I wasn’t looking forward to this part any more than the rest.

“Emma,” I reluctantly corrected him.

“Excuse me?” he asked.

“...I can’t exactly be a girl named Evan, can I? So… Emma.”

His expression went stoney. “I see… so you had a name ready and everything. Is this something you wanted to happen?”

“No!” I shouted, which came out more as a screech than I had intended. “Please, Dad, you have to believe me, I’m a guy, I’ve always been a guy, I didn’t want this!”

He stared at me, hard.

“So what are you doing to fix this?”

“I-I’m going to try to meet with someone that can do magic. Real magic. They might be able to fix this! They can turn me back to being my usual self, maybe!”

He let out a long, drawn out sigh. “Alright. Whatever help you need until you get this sorted out, I’ll do what I can to make sure you get it. I want you to be happy, Ev– Emma. Whatever that means.”

I felt fresh tears of relief spill over. “Th-thanks dad.”

“Of course, son… er…” He cleared his throat awkwardly. “...Sweetheart?”

“Dad, no!” I cried, shaking my head furiously. “Don’t start using girly nicknames for me!”

He sighed heavily again. “Alright. So what about this help you’re supposedly getting?”

“I’m supposed to meet this girl that knows what’s happening to me at Cafe Pride downtown this morning… I was actually going to head to the bus stop when I ran into you.”

“Alright, I’ll give you a ride. Give me a minute to get ready and get dressed. Text her and let her know, if you have her number or whatever.” He stood and headed for his room to grab a change of clothes.

I felt relief thaw the huge chunk of ice that had frozen my heart as I explained everything.

He was willing to listen, to try.

He’d help me fix this.

Thank God.

 

As someone who had only commuted by bus since this started happening, seatbelts were a notably uncomfortable safety device. It nestled down between my breasts, reminding me constantly of their unwelcome presence, and pulling one off to the side. The smaller size of a car meant that the bumps of the road were much more directly transmitted through the seat to my assets.

It’s weird having part of your body move without any direct input from you.

I did my best to ignore the sensations, and the glances from my dad. I was also doing my best to keep my knees together, because the heat coming from the vents blowing up my skirt and against my… parts… was really distracting. 

 

Ada was waiting for me outside the cafe. She smiled when she saw me climb out of the car - then frowned and rushed over. “Woah, you can’t just swing out of a car like that in a skirt, Emma!” she chastised.

“Wha- Why not?” I asked, looking down at my sneaker planted on the curb.

“Because your legs are wide open and anyone passing by can see up your skirt!” She grabbed my other leg and pulled it together with the one that was already out of the car. “When you get out of the car in a skirt, you rotate sideways in your seat a bit, put both legs out together, then climb out of the car. When you get in, you sit in sideways, then swing both legs in together. Make sure you smooth your skirt under you when you sit, too! Otherwise it’ll bunch up and–”

“Woah, hold on, this is way too much too fast, slow down,” I said, holding my hands up as if trying to slow an oncoming animal or something.

“Oh, right… Okay. Well, Sachi and Miyu already took off for some exercise, so it’ll just be you and me. Let’s head inside. We can chill in the staff office and talk.”

I nodded. “S-Sure…”

Ada smiled, leading me back through the cafe, into a well-lit break room. I took a seat across from her as she pulled two more of the same drinks we’d been having all week from the employee fridge.

“I mixed these up before you got here so we’d have something tasty to drink while we chat,” Ada said, sliding me a cup.

“Thanks.” I took a cup and sipped, enjoying the chilled blood boba… and trying not to think too hard about where it came from.

“So, before we get started on your vampire girl survival course… I’m sure you have other questions.”

I had… so many questions. 

“You said your dad made New Haven, and your parents founded it, so just who are they, exactly?”

“This is off the record for your report, okay?” she stated sternly. 

“Yeah, yeah… there’s no way we can give a real report anyway, so I’m just going to spew some wikipedia facts and stuff.”

She nodded with approval. “Good. So… my dad is Riley Kincade.”

I nearly choked on my tea. “Riley Kincade!? The mayor of New Haven? But wait, you said he made New Haven - how do you just make an entire city?”

Ada sucked down a few boba from her drink, chewing them thoughtfully.

“So, he basically uh… spawned? everything in. Like a video game.”

I felt my jaw go slack for a long moment.

“Wait… so you mean like… this really is fake? Like the Matrix or something?”

“Not really. It was at first, I guess, but Dad improved it a lot, and the ‘blanks’, the people that spawned in, became real people over time. Dad likes to find wayward souls - stillborn kids and stuff like that - and give them a second chance at life here in New Haven. After we settled the town a bit, word got out and people started moving here from other places, so now there’s more ‘real’ people than blanks in New Haven, and you can’t even tell the difference between them, I bet.”

“The ones who say they’ve lived here their whole lives, right?” I asked.

“Alright, maybe you can tell,” Ada laughed. “But yeah, that’s about the only tell. They’re normal people like you or I.” She paused. “Okay, maybe that’s a bad example. They’re normal people like most normal people.”

I couldn’t help but laugh - even though it came out as more of a giggle. 

“Er, so… your dad - the mayor - created New Haven out of thin air, and all the blanks that lived here, and you all were…?”

“What we are is… complicated. We’re not blanks. But we’re not normal people either. It’s really better for your sanity that I don’t try to explain.”

“Oh.” Well that wasn’t mildly terrifying at all. “Can you at least tell me what Mayor Kincade is that he could just… spawn… an entire city into altered reality?”

“I could tell you, but then you’d be in way more danger,” Ada said with a coy smirk.

“You wouldn’t believe her if she told you, anyway,” a shaggy, blonde-haired guy said, tossing something in his employee locker.

I hadn’t even heard him come in!

“Mark! I’m having a private chat,” Ada griped, pouting at him.

“Sorry, sorry. Just had to grab my earbuds. It’s totally dead out there this morning.” He grabbed the earbuds from his locker, and then he was gone.

“What the fuck?” I asked incredulously, looking around for him.

Ada sighed heavily. “...Mark, also known as Mercury. He’s… very fast. Again, don’t ask questions. Just roll with it.”

Wait. Mercury? Like the God? What the actual fuck is this city?

“O…kay….” I was still staring at the door he presumably must have left through.

“So, you can’t ask anything specific about the family, and now you know how New Haven got here… so I guess that about covers it. Are you ready for your lessons now?”

Oh right. Vampire girl survival lessons. Almost forgot in the wake of learning that some kind of all-powerful beings exist and created our city. And work at our gay Starbucks. Cool.

 

What followed was a crash course in just about everything ‘girl’ I’d need to know to get by in my daily life. Girls have so many more rules than guys. How they keep it all straight, I have no idea. But, by the time my dad was coming back to pick me up to go home, I could manage basic makeup, not make a fool of myself in a skirt, and do something with my hair.

I’d also learned how to deal with the sunlight (stay well-fed, only hungry vampires are hurt by the sun), my cravings (blood gum… go figure… another innovation from her family), and the basics of blood magic, which apparently would start to awaken after my first ‘cycle’. Great. Why are those two things related? Ada has no idea. She did teach me about pads and tampons though, so at least I’ll be… sort of… prepared for it… I guess.

I was so busy throughout the day that it didn’t even occur to me to check my texts, and by the time I got home I was exhausted enough to crash after a quick shower.

 

The next day was more of the same - but this time with shopping. Ada took me to the mall to pick up some ‘essentials’, and casual clothes - so I wouldn’t be stuck wearing my uniform skirt everywhere. 

The shopping was an absolute nightmare, and I learned that buying clothes were yet another thing girls had a way harder time of than guys.

But at least I was able to buy a reasonably tomboyish wardrobe.

Something weird did happen though - other than me spending a day trying on girls clothes, and buying a lot of them… including underwear and bras. Whatever ‘blessings’ of genetics ran in my blood had graced me with a 30D. Ugh. No wonder my back hurt.

Oh right, the other weird thing that happened.

Dad met this really cute woman at the food court while he was waiting for me. They really seem to have hit it off, and they were talking up a storm. I was kinda watching from the balcony above the food court during one of our breaks, and you’ll never guess what I saw.

Or who, more accurately. 

Miyu! She ran up to the woman my dad was talking to, and started babbling excitedly. 

Apparently the girl my dad was macking on was her mom!!

So yeah. That happened. Small world, huh?

Thankfully, Ada volunteered to pay for all the stuff we bought today, because even with Dad’s income there was no way we were buying all that. She said her card had plenty of cash on it though. 

Guess being God-Mayor’s daughter has financial perks, too.

It was another exhausting day though, and I was looking forward to just getting home, finishing up my thrown-together history presentation, and collapsing into bed. 

After a few hours of plugging in random facts and BSing based on Wiki articles, that’s exactly what I did… and I slept better than I had in a while.

Tomorrow was the start of a new week at school - and Halloween day - and the day of my report being due. Hopefully, Miyu wasn’t yanking my chain about showing up in costume, or it was going to be really, really cringe.

Oh yeah, and I have to explain to everyone about being Emma now.

Fuck.

I really hope Ada has some luck getting her family to help me fix this.

She promised she’d look into it after our mall trip today…

Ugh… so tired… Just going to lay down for a few minutes, close my eyes.

 

P.S. Girls’ pyjamas are way comfier than guys' pyjamas. Only highlight of this entire process.

21