I Prologe
23 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Raphael blinked; he was sure he had just died. 
Like died, departed into the afterlife. It was not a surprise since he was an older man, dying at 97 years of age. It had been a pleasant departure, too. He felt great the entire day and played with his grandchildren until all that could ache ached. It was wonderful. A good day to die is better than continuing to wait for death while making the best out of his slowly declining body. What was depressing, though, was that his back still hurt even though he was dead.
"You know the Ten Commandments, the ones in the bible. I am sure you do the thing in the exodus, so here are the essential ones." 
A voice from the darkness that surrounded him said.
"1. Thou shall have no other gods before me. 
2. Thou shalt not murder.
3. Thou shalt not commit adultery.
4. Thou shalt not steal.
Yep, those now try to reverse them, and you got the rules and laws of down under.
Not humanities Australia, figures. No, I am speaking about Hell, although things have changed here...we no longer kill just because it is fun. While adultery is encouraged, it is a sport catching adulterers by now. I mean, if you are going to cheat on your better half, which is by no means your mate, then you gotta do it well, no?" 
The voice said, and when turning, he felt his old body creak and moan under the stain of movement. 
"Cheat and Cheat well." The voice said again, giggling. "But I guess I should introduce myself. Someone like you who values politeness must find it rude to have cryptic words sprouted at them from nowhere." 
Raphael did find it rude, but then he was dead. He guessed politeness was not that important when you were dead. A light appeared in front of him and turned brighter and brighter. 
"I am Lucifer; nice to meet you." 
Suddenly, a young man with flowing silver hair and deep purple eyes stood before him. He was rather tall and carried a pleasant smile on his face. The kind that Raphael usually knew from his bartender.
"Not the original one, but you know the name is like a John's in your world around here." He said, and Raphael stretched out his hand. 
"It is an honor to meet you, Mister Lucifer." He greeted, and the young man took his hand, shaking it before bowing down and kissing its back. 
"The honor is mine, Raphael Sinclair." 
"I...see." quite old fashioned, or the man joked with him. He had always struggled with keeping those things apart. He probably knew his name since he was dead, and Lucifer was his go-between for whatever would happen now. Going down under or into the light, he guessed. 
"Hahaha, your thoughts are funny, and you are stiff. Now let me explain...this is the world in-between, and your soul has been decided to be given a chance to decide since it is perfectly in balance." He stretched out his hand, and the darkness seemed to part into a white-and-black zone. "Between Elysium and Hell."
On one side appeared a shiny world that reminded him of the Lord of the Ring's elven village—people with white wings of feathers, smiles, and beautiful appearances. A bountiful forest is in the back, and white towers and villas are visible. 
The other side reminded him of New York...just darker...a lot darker. But, again, a wild mix of people was visible in all shades of appearance and moods. The houses were wood and stone, some perfectly built, some crooked. 
"You are from hell, are you not?" Raphael found himself asking, and Lucifer laughed lightly. 
"Yes, I am." 
"I guess then, you know, with this comparison, I would always choose Hell. I have always loved colorful things and variety." He pointed out the obvious, never having been a churchgoing person and since the man could read his mind. 
Lucifer nodded and snapped his fingers. "Decision made then?" 
"Wait a second... I have a few questions." He interrupted, and Lucifer seemed to become pouty, which made a funny contrast to his imposing appearance. 
"Question one...can I get a younger body? This one aches, and my concentration slips frequently." He pointed out as his legs slowly protested from how long he wanted to stand on them.  

0