Vol.1 Part. 05
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

It was still early in the morning when the alarm clock ripped Luna out of her dreamland. She looked at the clock, and her eyes widened in shock.

"Shit, it is already 7:15. I have to get to work."

Luna got up from her bed, dashed to her wardrobe, took out some clothes, and sprinted into her bathroom. In a hurry, Luna took off her Pajamas, washed, and dressed for the day ahead. After brushing her teeth, she rushed into the kitchen to have a bite to eat. At 7:35, she finally left the house and set off to work on her bike.

When she arrived at her workspace, she unlocked the store and started displacing the plants outside. Luna was hoping that not many people decided to buy plants today. She didn't want to talk to them. Her calm should be short-lived; after half an hour, two men entered the store and began looking around.

'Yeah, what did I expect?'

Klaus and Almar entered the store, but Luna had never seen those two, so she thought they were ordinary customers. Almar, the younger man, looked around deep in thought; his gaze swayed over the plants. Klaus, the slightly older one, went around the store, stopping by a couple of plants to take a closer look and see the price.

This drama went on for a few minutes. While Almar was really interested in examining the plants, Klaus seemed only to be pretending. Luna looked in Almars's direction, who was very tense for some reason. Almost as if something was bothering him. Luna was puzzled about Almars behavior. He seemed scared, even though nothing was here to threaten him except Luna if she wanted to hunt.

Almar, the younger person, looked in Luna's direction for a moment before focusing on the plants again. After that, his behavior didn't change, and he glanced in her direction occasionally. The more often he glanced, the more suspicious he became in her eyes. They never met before, so he couldn't have feelings for her.

It seems Klaus noticed how unprofessional his colleague was behaving. He took a plant and went to the cash register to buy it.

'He's wearing sunglasses,' she thought, but that was nothing that could save him from her charm. She just had to prolong the conversation; so his friend doesn't witness the hypnosis Luna was putting on him. Klaus went to the cash register with ginger in his hand. The moment he reached her, the other person shifted his focus from the plants in the store toward their conversation.

"How can I help you," Luna asked Klaus with a slight smile.

"I would like to buy this." He said and lay something on the desk. Luna looked from the man to the plant, then back to the man with a questioning look on her face. Their eyes met, and Luna looked deep into his being.

"May I ask why you specifically want to buy ginger? Ginger is a more tropical plant. While it is possible to grow it in Germany, you should be familiar with the fact that ginger requires certain conditions to survive. So if you are looking for plants for your garden, I would advise against ginger."

While she was speaking, Luna looked Klaus in the eyes. After three seconds, her eyes wandered to the other person in the room, who seemed very focused on their conversation for some reason.

"I wanted to put them by the window in my house."

He got a clear view of her teeth, but due to the hypnotization Luna inflicted on him, he didn't notice it.

"That shouldn't be a problem then." Luna continued and began typing the price into the register.

"That would be 22.99€."

"One moment, please." Klaus began to get his wallet out of his jacket and paid for the plant.

"Should I pack the plant to make it easier to transport?" Luna asked.

"We parked the car nearby, so we should be able to walk the few meters."

"Does your friend want to buy something too?" Luna asked.

"No, he just didn't want to wait in the car, so he tagged along," he paused before he continued. " Almar, if you want something, you better hurry. We've got another meeting coming up, and I don't want to be late again because of you." He just shook his head and went out of the shop.

"Ok, have a nice day then." She said that with a slight smile while Klaus and Almar made their way out of the store. But Luna couldn't shake the feeling that something was wrong. The person in the back was suspicious, but as long as they didn't see her teeth, everything was fine. It didn't matter if they were looking for a vampire in the entire city.

'My next hunt should be outside of Mainz,' she thought. It was best to remain cautious and set false tracks. There's also a chance they saw Luna on camera and are now looking around town to identify the person.

Luna was considering leaving Mainz in the future; for now, she will monitor the situation closely. If the risk gets too high at any point, she will take the opportunity to flee immediately. The rest of the day was pretty eventful. A lot of people came. Some to purchase something, others to only lock around and get some advice for their garden.

 

***

 

Meanwhile, the secret service team was analyzing the video. They surrounded a computer and watched how Amber replayed the video, highlighting the teeth in the footage. After she was done, the pointy teeth were visible on the screen.

"You can clearly see her Vampire fangs there. And Almar, you said you didn't notice the fangs while you two were speaking?" asked Jone.

"I wore sunglasses as you said, but I couldn't see her fangs. If we didn't have the video as proof, I wouldn't believe anyone who told me that she's a vampire." He was seriously freaked about this. Not only did she play with his mind, but he didn't even notice it.

"Klaus, you spectated Almar. Did you see something strange?" asked Jone.

He was genuinely concerned that their target was suspicious and knew her cover was blown. There was no indication she knew something, but their target was no human after all.

"There was nothing unusual in their conversation. She looked Almar in the eyes, but he was not acting strange after we left the plant store or during their exchange. So I don't think she hypnotized Almar ."

But what Klaus didn't say; was that he observed Almar from a distance and could not see his face after all.

"Maybe she hides her teeth through an illusion?" suggested Elina.

"Could be possible; we are talking about a real vampire, after all," said Amber.

"We should make the arrest as soon as possible. If she got wind that we revealed her identity, she'd flee as soon as possible. We don't know if we'll get another chance to arrest her." Said Finn.

"I agree with you; for that reason, we will do the mission tonight. I will also request reinforcement in the implementation." Said Jone. It was now or never. He would prefer to observe her longer, but it was too risky to draw her attention. She was a vampire, and they didn't know how good her nose or intuition was. If they keep monitoring her, the smell alone could uncover them.

 

***

 

It was already late when Luna closed the store and made her way home. The sun had already set, and it was getting cold. Luna put her jacket on and got on the bike. A cold wind blew in her face due to her high speed. The lanterns were already on, and only a few people walked on the street this late.

It was officially the weekend, and she wanted to watch the competitive E-sports match. Luna played some games, but she enjoyed watching professional gamers the most. 

She missed the first match of her favorite MOBA, but she could reach her home before the second match started. Due to this, she rode her bike at an immense speed that no person could match for a long time.

Luna arrived home; she parked her bike in the garage and quickly made her way to the apartment. After entering her home, Luna took off her jacket and started her PC. While her PC was booting up, she prepared her evening meal. It was nothing special, just bread and various cold cuts.

She sat on her chair in front of the PC and started watching the game. Her favorite Team played really well, so it was a quick game that ended after 26 minutes.

"Wow, TG might even win this world title."

TG was

Announcement

dominant and easily won the group stage. How could Luna not be confident in her Team? The next game wasn't going to start for another 15 minutes, so Luna began washing the dishes and folding yesterday's laundry.

She was halfway through her laundry when suddenly, a lily scent entered her nose. Lily's smelled lovely, but the scent was always so intense, and more importantly, she had met someone recently who had used this perfume.

Suddenly Luna had a horrible feeling. Her hair stood on end, and her heart started pounding as if she was fighting for her life.

 

Bam.

 

With a loud bang, the door flew open, and a bright light blinded her eyes. Before she knew what was going on, someone forced her to the ground. Luna tried to break free, but more people nailed her to the floor. She could barely move while being pinned down and handcuffed. The last thing she felt was an injection that should make her harmless and possible to carry. Now she lay motionless on the ground, her ears ringing from the bang. After a short moment, her mind grew hazy, and her vision blurred. Someone gave orders, but Luna was too disoriented to understand them. Her arms were already bound, her eyes covered by a fabric, and her body would not respond to her command.

'So they already had me in their sight. I should have run away while I still could.' She regretted the decision to stay, keeping an eye out for potential threats, and flee when the danger got too high. As her body grew heavier, everything turned dark, and she finally lost consciousness.

Luna's unconscious body was carried out of the apartment. They went downstairs into the streets, where a SWAT Truck was already waiting for them. Luna was placed on a seat and tied to it.

"The reinforcement I called was a bit unnecessary. But it's better to have reinforcement than to fail the mission." Jone was quite happy; the mission went much better than he initially thought. Amber was the last to come out of the building with an annoyed look.

"What's wrong, Amber?" asked Finn.

"That was just too easy; she should at least have used some of her vampire abilities. I had such high expectations for this mission."

Amber sight and looked at the ground. She was such an anime fan, but this encounter was disappointing. Jone shook his head at the childish behavior and went to the other group that waited for further commands.

"We've secured the vampire and have to bring it to the headquarters. As soon as the equipment is stowed away, we can start."

 

The Swat unit has been on its way toward the main quarters for a few hours now. Luna was still tied to the seat. Most of the ride was quiet, and they only spoke a few times.

"I am going to sleep as soon as I am not needed anymore," said Elina; it was 3 AM; Elina was an early riser, so being awake at this hour was tough for her.

"Imagine what we can tell others now that we've caught a real vampire," said Finn

"We only have half an hour's drive ahead of us; once we've handed her in, you can do whatever you want," said Jone. The anesthetic Luna was injected with slowly wore off and Luna awoke from her sleep. But she chose to continue playing passed out.

The vehicle rumbled on the road from time to time, making Luna's head jump from side to side. She had been in that same position for hours now, and it became uncomfortable. It got quiet again, and Luna thought about a way to escape. With magic, those ropes wouldn't be able to hold her, but magic is inaccessible.

'I don't think I can escape from this situation. It would be effortless with magic, but then I would need enough mana in the first place. And gathering mana for an extended period in this position seems unlikely. I also would have to fight four people in the truck, even if I managed to break free. Could I do that? Maybe with the surprise element, who am I fooling; four against one is too much. All of them are professionals; perhaps they even installed a tracker on me, which makes an escape impossible.'

"I wish she was awake, I have so many questions to ask, but she just stays quiet like the sea," Amber grumbled.

"The anesthetic is strong enough to knock out an elephant. Of course, she sleeps all the time," responded Klaus. He personally got it, so he obviously knew the effect.

"Surely you're interested too; can't you give her an antidote?"

"I thought she would awake during the ride because of her strong regenerative abilities," said Elina.

"The bite wounds heal in a day, so you can't be careful enough."

Should I reveal myself? Even if they untie me from the seat, my hands and legs are still bound together, so I can't free myself even if they unload me. I should ask what they have planned for me. Hopefully, my innards aren't meant to be pulled out.

It was once again quiet in the truck, so Luna decided to ask.

"Could you tell me what they have planned for me?"

Amber, who was deep in thought, winced at Luna's question. She didn't expect Luna to talk suddenly. All eyes turned to her; everyone seemed surprised at the sudden question. Sadly she couldn't see their reaction.

"We'll only take you as far as headquarters; after that, it's no longer our area of ​​responsibility," said Finn.

"Mhhh, too bad."

"You're so calm; aren't you worried about the situation?" asked Elina.

"I recognize a hopeless situation, and I'm pretty sure I can't get out of here."

The tone in Luna's voice was a bit sad. She knew she would end up as a lab rat.

"We're almost there," said Jone informing his crew.

"There's still a little time left. Ähhm. Ahhh. Could you tell me a bit about your abilities?" Amber finally asked.

"No," Luna denied Amber immediately.

"Why not?"

"Why should I?"

"Okay, how many other fantasy-like creatures live on this planet?" Amber tried another question. She wanted to know.

'Please, please answer that question.'

It became quiet again. Luna thought if she should answer that question. Amber waited, but no answer came.

"How o..."

"I guess nobody except me is left," said Luna, interrupting Amber in her sentence. The car came to a standstill.

"What do you mean no one is left?" asked Almar with interest. 

Most of them thought Luna wanted to keep that information a secret, but she continued.

"If I knew, I wouldn't live in this world, now would I?" Luna said with a grin on her face.

'What was that supposed to mean? Does she pretend not to know the answer, or is she unaware of it herself? Or is she implying that everyone left this world, and she is the only one remaining here?'

"We are here. Unbind the bloodsucker from the seat and bring her into the facility." He pointed his finger at Luna and added. "But don't forget to stun her so she can't get any stupid ideas."

"I would appreciate it if you wouldn't call me bloodsucker," said Luna but got ignored by Jone.

"Someone should be waiting for you there and take over the vampire."

An anesthetic was injected into Luna once more. A few seconds later, she sat unconscious on her seat again. They unbound Luna's body to carry her into the facility.

I hope you liked the chapter; if you have any suggestions on how I can improve my writing quality, please let me know.

2