Vol.1 Part. 13
38 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Two people could be seen walking down the forest. The tremendous roar had shaken the forest to the core, causing animals to flee in all directions. It had become quiet between them for a while now. Each one had their thought in mind.

Luna was still trying to figure out what kind of beast would sound like this, and Jannet attempted to find the perfect magic field in which she would specialize. Shadow magic sounded exciting, but they traveled in the sunlight most of the time. Because of that, she wouldn't be able to use shadows effectively. She could use her own shadow, but this would still limit her more or less.

Magic to enhance her body was interesting, but nothing she needed. Rune and alchemy were unavailable for now, so only elemental magic would remain. She was most familiar with the idea of manipulating elements from books and movies, so maybe she could use her knowledge to come up with good ideas. She considered asking Luna for advice, but Luna always told her she should choose for herself.

While Jannet was thinking about elemental magic, Luna tried to solve the mystery of those monsters. She had never seen something like that. From her knowledge, creatures like that shouldn't exist, and there were a couple of reasons for that. Firstly, they consumed everything around them, making their surroundings uninhabitable. They were too organized to be simple monsters, and she couldn't sense a soul in their body.

Luna wanted to know what their purpose was. No creature existed to only destroy everything in its path. It didn't take her long to conclude that someone or something had created this mess. But what would they gain by doing so?

Her first guess was that someone tried to create life and conducted forbidden experiments that got out of control. The forest was an isolated location, and no one would notice if someone conducted forbidden experiments there. Another idea was that these beings came from another world, as they do, as the timing would fit perfectly, as Luna and Jannet had only arrived a couple of days ago as well.

The humans surely knew about this by now. She assumed that Hjalmarr and his recruits had made it back to the city and informed everyone of the coming danger. It wasn't the power she was afraid of, but the fast reproduction and the sheer quantity of monster that came from it.

While she was sure she could take on every single beast, the Queen, or whatever roared just a couple of minutes ago, could become a problem. Luna wasn't sure how massive kingdoms were in this world, but she assumed they would be overwhelmed if they didn't interfere with the infection soon.

Should it come to a worldwide disaster, then it would be wise to ally with other nations in this world. Until now, she only knew in which direction the human city lay. The only thing that worried her was that she didn't know how people would react to her being a vampire. But as long as she can hide her teeth, there shouldn't be a problem. If necessary, Jannet has to do the conversations.

Luna shook her head at the worst possible case of this disaster. 'The Kingdoms can surely handle this.'  She looked over to Jannet, who still had her hands on her chin, deep in thought about elemental magic.

Bam

Jannet clapped her hands together.

"I've got it," she exclaimed loudly

"What did you do?"

Jannet raised her hand and showed two fingers. "I know what I want to learn."

Luna raised her eyebrows and looked at Jannet with a surprised look. Once again, Jannet had an idea.

"So, what did you decide on this time, if I may ask?" 

"Fire and Wind magic, but I want to specialize in wind mostly and become one with it." Jannet seemed to be sure about her decision, but she quickly changed her opinion as she saw Luna's face.

"Are you sure about this?"

"Firstly, I want to fly. I thought about it for a long time and concluded that wind and fire magic had the best way to achieve this. The second idea was to become one with the wind, so I can slip through every hole and get into every place or building I want."

Luna just shook her head energetically. For a short moment, it seemed Luna was standing before a child about to be scolded for its stupid idea.

"And who can guarantee you that you will be able to puzzle yourself together out of the air molecules after that trick?"

"Ehhhh." Jannet made a bewildered facial expression causing Luna to laugh out loud.

"You never thought about it, I suppose. Let me give you a piece of advice." She took a leaf from the ground and presented it to Jannet.

"Yes, people who become one with their magic field are incomprehensible potent, but if you become the wind, then there is a chance you will never get your body back." With a snap of her finger, the sigil hiding on the leaf began to burn the leaf instantly. Jannet didn't even have the chance to throw it away. It vanished in her hand the exact moment Luna snapped her finger.

"If you have an idea how you can get back the gases produced during combustion and form them into a leaf again, you are welcome to learn your technique." With a smile on her face, Luna walked past her. Janner slowly believed that Luna taught magic through theoretical experiments. Whenever she has a new idea and tells Luna about it, there is a catch. In any case, advanced magic would take some time to learn. So there should be no reason to start with the basics.

"So, what would be the first exercise if I wanted to learn magic?" Her eyes were sparkling like the night sky. Luna could tell how excited Jannet was to start learning magic.

"Mhh, first, you should start to feel the new energy source in your body. As long as you can't sense it, you won't be able to make any progress. And don't forget the Fairy Flower powder, which we can only use twice. So please don't overdo it!" 

While they were walking, Jannet tried to feel the energy in her body. She knew something new was in her body strangely, and she only had to dig deep enough to find it. She went deeper and deeper into her consciousness. Darkness engulfed her, and she didn't even notice that she shut her eyes. Luna had to forcefully stop Jannet to prevent her from colliding with a tree.

The deeper Jannet sank into herself, the harder it became to continue her journey. At some point, she had to swim through the viscous darkness. Jannet didn't even know where up and down were anymore. She was just aware of where she needed to travel to locate the energy source that was concealed within her. The first thing she saw was a tiny string that she knew would lead her in the right direction. It didn't take long until a blue sphere came into her view. But as she watched the beautiful orb that was located somewhere in her body. She noticed that it didn't have a solid form. She couldn't describe what was happening in front of her eye.

The orb began to change its size and shape constantly. The closer Jannet got, the faster it began to vibrate. Even though she had never seen it, she could feel the slight connection she had to it. As she circled the blue shapeshifting construct in front of her, her hand slowly spread forward until her fingertip touched it. A warm sensation flowed over her fingertip and into her body. She knew what she had to do and slowly approached the structure in front of her, wrapping her body around it. The blue thing pulsated and shone brighter than ever before. It was just like a child, happy to be embraced by its mother. Due to the mental link, Jannet could feel the happiness radiating from it. Then tiredness overcame her, and she slowly closed her eyes. The next time she opened them, small threads seemed to spread through the dark void that she thought was her consciousness or body. But why was it so dark? Her eyes became heavy again. The next time she opened her eyes, everything around her was glowing like the shape that she was still embracing. It was sitting in the center and pulsating like a hearth, constantly pumping new energy through her body in the process. The last thing she saw was the dancing light in front of her before she fell asleep and didn't wake up again.

When Jannet opened her eyes again, she saw that the night had already begun. The light of the stars shone down on her. It was the first time she saw the stars in the new world so clearly. Jannet was always sitting on a bench outside her house, admiring the stars above her. Every single light she saw; showed the past of a sun thousands of lightyears away. Sadly, she was not familiar with any star constellation in this world.

'Huh?' Jannet became a stunt. She continued to look to the right and stopped when she noticed a second moon moving into her field of vision. The moon was reflecting a brighter light than the previous one. It was the first time in her life that she saw two moons circling the planet she now lived.

"Do you enjoy the view?" Asked a soft voice behind her. Jannet didn't even have to look to know that it was Luna.

"Yes, I do. Is something wrong with it?" She responded.

"No, nothing, but I am glad you like the new star sky. Three moons are something special indeed." Luna was interrupted by Jannet before she could resume her work. 

"What do you mean three moons?"

"The third one is hard to see because it is so transparent," she said before pointing her finger in a specific direction. Jannet had to squint her eyes and could barely see it even then. It was also the smallest of the three moons, but it seemed to disappear into the night sky. After Jannet saw the moon, she finally had the energy to stand up and see what Luna was doing. As she turned around, she couldn't believe what she was seeing. In front of her was a small shelter made of stone and wood. The wood was tied together to form a tent-like structure. This tent-like structure was covered by a stone layer, which Luna probably made with earth magic.

"How did you even do that?"

"You mean our shelter?"

"Yes, how did you build something that fast?" exclaimed Jannet.

"I mean, it's not hard to get wood, and the rest was reinforced or covered with earth magic. The part where I had to use earth magic took the longest if you wanted to know that."

Jannet was stunned. The entire time she was sleeping on the ground, Luna was covering all their needs. Jannet felt terrible because she could only rely on Luna and made no contributions to their small group. 

'That has to change.

"Is there something I can do?" Asked Jannet a bit desperat.

"Where does the sudden elan come from?" Luna asked in return.

"You are doing everything for me. When we arrived in this world, you obtained food for us, found shelter, and even cared for me when I was ill. How am I supposed to repay you? Yes, it was your fault that we even landed her, but I can't blame you because you were imprisoned in our facility." Jannet didn't notice how the emotions broke out of her, and tears streamed down her cheek. She hated Luna for separating her from her family, but in the end, Jannet still couldn't blame her. They trapped her like an animal, and she knew deep down that she might have done the same if she was in Luna's position. For now, Luna was the only person Jannet could rely on, and because of this, she wanted to be helpful in their current situation. She was still scared that Luna would leave her in the forest. Suddenly she felt how someone embraced her.

Jannet opened her eyes, which were still a little red. "We will find a way back for you, I promise you." Jannet wanted to keep hugging Luna because it reminded her of the time with her children. It took a while for her to calm down again.

"Give me a task or duty, something I can do for you."

"If you ask anyway, I always like to drink blood."

Jannet instantly paled as she heard Luna's reply. She shook her head. That was something she didn't want to do. But she also didn't want Luna to rampage and kill her. 'Maybe I should let her do it, only to be safe.'

"But first, it would be wise for you to begin studying magic right now. Or else it will take quite some time before you can help me."

Jannet's eyes started to sparkle, and she instantly nodded her head. Luna smiled, 'still a child in your heart,' she thought. "You should be familiar with what magic is now, and if I am correct, you also found your source, right?"

"Yes, I found something blue, but I can't describe what shape it was because it was changing its shape constantly."

Luna only shook her head, and Jannet tilted her head cutely in confusion.

"How often do I have to tell you that; never tell anyone specific information about your magic."

"Ohh." Jannet put her head in her hands. "But I thought it would help you to create a training plan for me," Jannet said innocently.

"No, it doesn't but never tell anyone the color or shape of your source. As a short explanation, your source connects your body and soul. So if anyone can hijack that connection, then he can force you to do anything he wants. To protect yourself, the simplest way is to never talk about it. This won't always work, but I will prepare you for that in the future."

Jannet was stunned. She just leaked highly secure information without notice.

"But you are lucky it seems your source isn't completely formed yet. So if you see it next time, never talk about it again, not even to me. This is also the most important rule, never reveal magic-related information about yourself."

Jannet just noded her head. She had to be careful; not everyone was as kind as Luna.

"Okay, how do I learn magic?"

"Is it still wind primarily?" asked Luna, to which she got a nod from Jannet.

Luna took a leaf from the ground and handed it to Jannet, who only had a puzzled expression.

"Try to move the leaf; direct the wind to blow it away. You can do this by simply ordering the Mana in your body. Give it directions in the form of a clear picture."

Time went by as Jannet tried to move the leaf constantly.

Even though I'm still not happy with the chapter, I've chosen to publish it for the time being. I hope you still had fun reading it.

 

2