[Prologue] A Last Wish and A Last Gift
273 7 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

<1st Month>

"Can you bring my tablet and phone here and a few light novels each week?" I asked my big sister for assistance. I do not want to get so bored here because the only thing I could do is stare up the ceiling or sleep.

"Of course. I will bring it tomorrow after I finished my work. As for your phone, I have it right here" She handed me my phone. She then packed her things up and stood up. 

"Well it is time for me to go.. Have a good rest" She said while leaving the room in complete silence. Her sadness have been reduced a little bit because of the news that I had a chance of survival if I performed a surgery in the 4th month because it would be the least risky.

It was honestly almost a false hope. The chance of survival even with the surgery is around 1%. So it doesn't really matter that much. But I told the doctors to just keep up the facade that it would work to not make her sad. 

I opened my phone and I decided to just see if I have any request for anything. But there is none so I just opened up my tablet and just drew a few things that I have already thought of. It is for just in case something happened..

And so like that my first month went by without much eventful things happening other than me trying out medication and other prescriptions. I also started to slowly but surely write something on a piece of paper that I always hid under my pillow.

.

"Hahahaha! Let's play that thing!" 

"Let's go!!" I silently gaze at the children at the festival. It was the normal time, the yearly 'Matsuri'. All the people were having fun with each other. Either with family or friends or even lovers. They were all smiling and laughing. Of course this includes myself. 

"Here is your Takoyaki" To my side was my big sister handing me a serving of Takoyaki. I asked her to buy it for me as my current condition wasn't the best fit to actually squeeze through the crowd.

"Thank you" I gladly took the Takoyaki and ate them slowly.. one by one. She then sat down next to me while I enjoyed the view of the festival. My big sister here wore a light blue and pink yukata, it has multiple koi fishes and clouds on it. Alongside the yukata she also wore a light blue and pink obi with flowers pattern on it. The flower patterns that was on the obi was a type of flower called 'ajisai'. She also tied her hair up with a koi-shaped hairpin.

"Oh I also got this for you!" I looked to my side and saw my big sister holding a fan towards me. The fan was those types of fan you could open and close. It was dark purple in colour and on it was multiple patterns of the sky but the main attention was the cranes on the patterns. It was simple yet elegant. It took it and used it to cool myself down.

*BANG* *Sparkle* 

I heard and loud and looked at the dark night sky that is now illuminated by the beautiful peak of a Matsuri. The fireworks. It came with multiple shapes and colours. They were all launched to different height. The fireworks were loud and lively, they were bright and shiny.. But I enjoyed it, this atmosphere of happiness. It almost made me forget about my problems..

.

<2nd Month>

"Fiuh.. It's quite cool now isn't it?" It was fall already. The time just went by without any warning. It felt really really fast since the first month. It is now early September which is my favorite month. It also is my favorite season alongside my upcoming birthday. The 29th of September.

"Indeed it is now cooler. That is great at least better than the scorching summer.." The feeling of cold winds blowing is great. The view of the orange leaves falling to the ground alongside the orange hue of the sky made it even better.

My conditions were per usual. Sometimes I coughed out blood, sometimes there are times where my chest would feel like it is burning inside. Well other than that it is just the usual development of terminal disease. Weight loss, low stamina, paler skin, weak body, headaches and low appetite. That is basically it.

I stopped at the middle of the path and gazed at the beautiful pond. It is a huge pond at least bigger than any that I ever seen. The water is crystal clear and it reflected the color of the sky and alongside the falling leaves, this sight is beautiful and will be something I will cherish for the last of my life. 

But this time could only last so long. I looked up towards the sky and saw the sky is getting darker and darker for each passing minutes. It is my cue, my cue to go back..

"Let's go back" I said while walking back towards the hospital the place where I stay permanently now.

.

"What are you doing here?" I heard a small child called out to me. I am currently in the hospital's park. I am just sitting down while watching the falling leaves and drawing a cool scenery with them.

"Hmm? Drawing" I didn't even budge an eye to look at her and just kept on drawing. But she is not satisfied with my answer and so she sat down beside me.

From my side view I could see she was a small child maybe around 14 in age. Her breathing was a little ragged and her skin is a little pale than normal person.. 

'Maybe a genetic disease or other?' I thought but just ignored her and I just continues my drawings.

"Nee~ What are you drawing?" She asked mw again with a smile on her face. I ignored her but she kept on poking my face with her finger and it starting to became quite annoying..

"*sigh* What do you want?" I sighed and just turned off my tablet and faced her. She was smiling the whole time. She looked very innocent without a care in the world.

"Who are you, onii-san?" She asked me while tilting her head to the side while still smiling brightly.

'I am the who should be asking that to you..' I thought while sighing but I just answered anyway.

"Me? I am Kyoraku Nozomi, just your normal patient here, nothing much.." I said to her. She still seemed quite dissatisfied about my answer but I just changed the topic.

"What about you yourself? Who are you?" I asked her. 

"Are you curious now, onii-san?" She smiled playfully. I just rubbed my hair with one of my hand and sighed.

"I do not care what so ever.. it's just common sense to introduce yourself after the other party already introduced themselves you know?" I said to her in a calm manner. I only continue to watch the scenery of autumn before I need to go back..

"Okay!" I then suddenly heard the girl spoke loudly. She stood up and placed her hands on her hip and smiled.

"My name is Hikari, only Hikari! I am currently 15. Just like you I am a residence of the hospital. I have an early stage Lung Cancer and I am scheduled to a surgery in 6 more months. My dream is to become a Writer!" Hmmm? An early stage Lung Cancer, eh? She has high chance of survival I must admit that. 

"Writer? Why that?" It is rare to see anybody now wanting to become a writer. I must admit this girl has some really high willpower based on her interactions with me.

"Because I wants to spread the story of others! The story of the untold heroes, the heroes that have changed this world yet aren't recognised! That is the person I truly wanted to become" She said with full energy and determination. She has a good dream and she also had a rough past. I could make up those based on her action towards me.

"Hmm.. then I will also say it I guess. My name is of course Kyoraku Nozomi, I am a current permanent resident of the hospital. I have a terminal case of Cardiac Sarcoma or just.. Heart Cancer I guess.. I have a scheduled surgery in 2 months with only 1% chance of surviving.." I said while releasing a sigh. It has been a while since the first diagnosis. I still remembered those days very vividly. 

But right now we have already moved on and went to do our things yet again. Of course my big sister still kept on visiting me. But now that she was more experienced and busy she also have less time to visit me. I am sure she is working hard right now. I mean it's not like she needs to come here much.. 

"What's with the sad face?" I heard the girl which apparently was named Hikari questioned me. It is hard to explain the feelings I had. 

On the first hand I know that I will soon die and I know it's hard to take it all in. It is hard for me to accept the fact that I will actually be gone. It hits even harder when I understands the fact that I will never reach my dream. 

"Nothing.." I said while getting up from my seat and prepared to head back.

"I'll head back first.." I then just slowly walked back to the hospital while feeling the air flowing through my face. But before I was far I looked back at Hikari who was now gazing at the place that I drew.

"If you wants to, you can just come here everyday at around.. 4 P.M" 

.

Since then everyday when I got to my usual place, she was always there first sitting down, swaying her feet, while either staring at the sceneries or singing some random song. 

When I arrived there she always called out to me with a bright smile on her face. Slowly but surely.. I was opening up to her.

<3rd Month>

And so like usual another month has passed. Hikari has been consistently visiting me even inside of hospital room. It is now the middle of October. The foliage became even more red and orange as the time passes..

"Are your drawings done, Nozomi-san?" I heard Hikari asked while I gazed outside the window.

"Hmm.. It needs more touch but it is mostly done" I showed my drawings to her. It was a simple drawing of a lake with crystal clear water. On the water was the reflections of the autumn leaves on the trees. 

In the middle of the lake in the drawings was a small boat. On it were three people. Those three were me, my big sister and lastly Hikari. On the front of the boat was Hikari she was reaching out her hand to her front. In the middle was my big sister she was just fishing calmly in the drawings while I am at the back just casually sitting down while drawing something.

It was one of the simple piece I made. What is it made for? Well it's just for my memorial I guess.. I mean even if they forgot about me it is still fine. It was just for moderation.

"This is awesome!!" I heard Hikari said while observing my drawings. Indeed it was awesome, it was made with my true feelings after all..

After my diagnosis I have been consistently becoming even more and more emotionless and dull. Maybe it was just one of my ways to actually made my big sister not worried.

"Oh yeah! Nozomi-san, do you want to go to the Lantern Festival with me?" Hikari suddenly asked. I just slowly looked at her while thinking for a bit.

"Hmm.. Sure?" And so we agreed to go with of course my Big Sister's supervision.

.

"Here hold yours" I handed one of the lanterns I actually made myself to Hikari. 

"Here is yours" I also handed one to my big sister. The lanterns was just the simple lantern with a written kanji of moon in front of it.

Right now it was almost 8 P.M. It was almost time to actually release our lanterns. We are doing this in a local shrine of our area. But even though it is just a local shrine, the participants were around 500 people.

"Release them!" We heard one of the shrine maidens said. Simultaneously almost all the people released their lanterns immediately including Hikari and my big sister.

But I haven't released them. Instead I took out a piece of paper and slipped it into the lantern so It would burn together with it. I slipped it in without anyone noticing but what was written on the paper were just my wish.

"..Rest Well" I muttered looking up towards the night sky filled with yellow colored glowing lanterns. It is one of the moments I will actually remember even after my death.

.

<4th Month>

It is the 4th month. Today is close to the last day of autumn.. The winds are getting colder and colder. My conditions have really worsen in this month. 

My body became colder and colder, my eyes looked dull and tired, my blood cough became more frequent, it is becoming harder and harder to even breath. I also became even more susceptible to exhaustion and temperature. I now spent 14 hours to only sleep and most of the time I am awake I spent to perfect one of my drawings.

But today is different. Today is a special day not in a good term of course. Today is the day I will be getting my.. surgeries. Yes, surgeries. The amount of surgeries I must gone through is 5 surgeries with each of them actually only have around 1% chance to succeed. And now is the time for my first surgery..

"Stop looking so anxious" I said to the two people beside my bed. Those two of course being my Big Sister herself and Hikari. She had accompanied me for more than 2 months and she is already close to me.

"Kyoraku Nozomi-san, please get ready." Suddenly a nurse came in and said to me. I only nodded and said a little thank you which she returned with a small smile.

"I.. see you later" I then just slowly walked away from both of them with the support of the nurse.

This nurse was one of the nurse who had been caring me on this past 4 months. She always were kind. It was genuine kindness different from professionals' 'kindness'. 

"Say.. Do you think my gift will be enough?" I asked her while looking forward towards the hallway.

"I would say that you ever being alive was.. the greatest gift you could ever gave them" 

.

"I see you are certainly ready.." The surgeon stared at me in amusement. My personal doctor have filled in my situation towards him and also in this few months I have been close to all the staffs of the hospital. It had been a great last 4 months of my life.

"I am of course ready.. After all my first ever wish to the gods was for Ai nee-san to have a bright fulfilling future.." I said to the surgeon. He then looked at me with a smile and asked.

"And have you changed your wish?" He asked with a warm smile on his face. I wondered what he is talking about but then I realised it..

"I see.. Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha! I have never thought about it!" I laughed while placing my palm over my forehead. The nurse then laid me down onto the surgical bed.

I stared upwards towards the ceiling of the operating room and saw a light.. A bright light. It is so bright that it will burn your eyes if you stares at it long enough. But those light didn't last very long as suddenly a feeling of heavy drowsiness and I slowly closed my eyes.

'My.. wish.. has changed..' 

'I wish.. for.. all of you.. to have.. a great.. future.. greater than you are today' That are my last thoughts before I succumbed to the drowsiness but as I was falling asleep.. I made a small smile on my face.

.

.

.

<3rd PoV>

As expected Kyoraku Nozomi didn't survive the surgery.. The hearts of the people close to him were.. broken. The smiles that were always there cheering them on.. The ears that were always listening to problem of the others and the hand that always drew incomparable beautiful sceneries.

Two of the most broken ones are Kyoraku Ai his own left true relative and Hikari a cancer patient just like Nozomi. They were all sad, the doctors, the nurses, the staffs, his big sister, his friend and the saddest one was.. Nozomi himself.

After his death, his room was cleaned with pained expressions from the cleaner staffs. They clearly weren't fond of removing their memories with him so they tried to clean the place as respectfully as possible. But then they found something. They found something that were hidden even from them.

Under his pillows was a giant envelope. The envelope looked like it was filled with multiple items. They then decided to just brought it to the Hospital's Chief Physician. But he also decided to just call Kyoraku Ai the person trusted by Nozomi himself.

"Here.. we found this under his bed" The Chief Physician handed Ai the giant envelope. She was perplexed when she saw the envelope but when she opened it.. her eyes widens in shock.

Inside the giant envelope were not documents, or even hospital bills.. but inside the envelope were her one and only little brother's last gifts for this world. Inside the envelope were 2 items. One is a sheet of paper that have something written on it and a tablet that Ai much recognise..

"I will then excuse myself.. I will you some room to process things" The Chief Physician left the room and Ai slowly picked up the sheet of paper. It was clearly a last letter from Nozomi himself..

[Hello? Well I guess I wouldn't know if someone will find this but I'll just write in anyways. Well, Dear my beloved Big Sister, Kyoraku Ai. How have you been..? Well I guess you probably felt quite the grief, eh. Well that is why I wrote this letter. Back then I always thought about the fact of why we always faces such difficult obstacles.. 

We have felt many difficulties in our life and we had overcome all of them. But this time.. It is the end of my path. It is the end of the tools I used for carving the future. It is not fair and I also understood that nothing was ever fair in this world. Justice only came to the 'Righteous' and 'Privileged'.

But even if my path has ended your path haven't.. So what I only have to say is to live your life as best as you can.. Do not worry about me, I am sure you all will succeed achieving your dreams.

Farewell, Your Sincerely, Kyoraku Nozomi]

"..." Ai only stared at the letter in silent. Then tears started to flow down her face. It started as droplets but after a while it became a stream. 

"..Why?" Her hands trembled when she asked this simple question. She was gritting her teeth in despair and sadness. 

"Why must you go..?" Her voice trembled even more. But then something unexpected happens.

*Hug*

"Y'know, there are two things I forgot to say.." She suddenly felt somebody behind her. Her eyes widens then she tried to look behind her but that 'somebody' held her head so she couldn't see who is behind her.

"Sorry.. and Thank you.." She wasn't su- no she is sure! This 'somebody' that hugged her, this 'somebody' that said his Thank You and Sorry..

"Nozomi!" She shouted his name and looked at him. But when she looked at him, he had almost faded away completely. But there is one that is clear.. Nozomi was smiling.

.

After that moment she then opened up the tablet and saw all the drawings he made for all of them. There is the drawing of the four seasons that represents each of them. Hikari as Spring, Ai as Summer, Nozomi himself as Fall and lastly the Chief Physician as Winter..

There is also the drawing of all of them together inside one frame of picture with Nozomi himself in the middle looking upwards while smiling. Ai was on his right and Hikari was on his left and The Chief Physician was on his back. There are also the pictures of us in the festivals.

"So, this is his last gifts for us.. I will treasure it with my own life" Ai said while smiling warmly while hugging the envelope towards her chest.  

.

.

.

<Nozomi's PoV>

'Hmm? Where is this?' I looked around me and only saw an endless field of flowers that usually blooms in different seasons and times. 

I then looked at the sky and saw countless cosmic objects shining brightly on the sky. There were thousands if not millions of them. Even if it's dark the sky was still quite brightly lit by the stars and galaxies. It was a beautiful experience, I would like to take a moment to draw them but I do not have my drawing tablet. So I eventually just started to walk in a random direction.

.

Not long after I started walking I saw something in the distance from this place I could see a bandstand, the design looked like a bird cage that was built with smoothly polished and cut white marble and granite. 

Inside the bandstand was a table that was attached to the bandstand itself and two set of chairs that were made with wood that was polished so well it half reflected the lights of the stars.

'??' I was quite intrigued by it and just decided to slowly walk there. I looked down at my body while walking and saw my body has become.. translucent. But weirdly enough I do not feel shocked at all, in fact I felt truly normal and free.

Without long I already am in front of the bandstand. Looking at it from a close distance was absolutely different than looking at it from afar. The bandstand was actually huge! It was huge enough to probably support a family of 4. 

"Woah.." I sat on one of the chairs and realised that the ceiling of the bandstand was actually transparent. When I looked at the table once again suddenly a book and a drawing tablet appeared. I first picked up the book and read it silently.

.

<3rd PoV>

After Ai discovered the last gift from Nozomi, she also informed this to the others. They all were very moved by his last gift. Even in the midst of certain death he still tries to made them a memory they certainly wouldn't forget. Heck, even the cold and emotionless Chief Physician smiled warmly. This made all the staffs and even Hikari shocked.

"Do you guys think I am incapable of feeling emotions?" That is what he said to their reactions.

<Time skip to 5 month after Nozomi's death>

*Ring~* *Ring~* 

The sound of an original ringtone could be heard in the silent home. The home felt empty yet it was filled with memories.

"Hello? How this Kyoraku Ai, how can I help you?" This is of course the home of the Kyoraku sibling. Of course after the death of the little brother Kyoraku Nozomi the house felt empty but the memories that was made here will never be gone.

"Ah, right. Could you come to the hospital in 45 minutes? Someone is looking for you here" The distinct voice of the Chief Physician could be heard from the other side of the call.

"Hmm? Yeah, of course. I am heading there right now" Ai said while going downstairs.

"Good, I will see you later" Then the Chief Physician just hanged up the call. Ai was quite confused on what the Chief Physician needed from her when it's her day off.

After all this time, Kyoraku Ai was offered to work at the hospital where Nozomi was in. This offer was given by the Chief Physician himself. Of course this offer was not for pity but because of her talent. She has an extreme talent in medical field and was sought by many hospital in the city but she accepted the Chief Physician's offer as a way to repay his kindness when he took care of Nozomi.

Not long after she leaves the house she had already arrived at the hospital. She just casually walked towards the Chief Physician's room and knocked on the door.

*Knock* *Knock* *Knock*

"Please enter" A faint voice could be heard from the other side of the door.

"Excuse me" Ai entered the room and there is the Chief Physician sitting on his desk while there is another man sitting on the couch while drinking tea casually. He looked like those typical businessman, wearing a suit, a tie, and even a typical black Fedora.

"Good afternoon, Kyoraku-san" The man greeted her with a professional businessman manner.

"Go straight to the point" Ai said while also politely sitting down on the couch opposite to him.

"All right" He then brought up a small envelope and placed it on the coffee table.

"If you're wondering what that is, That is an item to our bank's account that is left by the deceased customer Kyoraku Nozomi" He pushed the envelope towards Ai as he gets up and got ready to leave.

"I thank you, for your short time here. I hope you treasure what is inside that bank account.." He then heads to the door and before he leave he looked back and tipped his hat and said.

"Thank you for your patronage.." Then he left the room which became silent. The Chief Physician had only been staring at the ceiling for the past 5 minutes. He obviously is giving Ai the room to see what's inside the envelope.

As obvious as the man had said, it was a card.. A bank card to be exact.

"It was the combination of both me and Nozomi-san's gift for you.." The Chief Physician told her. She of course then looked at the Chief Physician in shock and surprise.

"B-But why? Why are you doing this fo-" Ai wanted to ask but was cut off by the Chief Physician standing up from his chair. The Chief Physician without a doubt was old and experienced. But there was one thing Ai never noticed from the Chief Physician..

"Do you ever know my true name? The Chief Physician asked Ai. She was baffled and confused. The Chief Physician of course noticed this and said.

"Of course no one knows.. After all I am the forgotten Fumito Regashi.." He said while looking out from the giant window behind his desk like a comical villain.

"You.. are.. Fumito Regashi?" Ai stared at him in disbelief. Fumito Regashi, a world known doctor for his skill. He once completed a surgery procedure that took around 57 hours

to complete. He was one of the pillar of the medical field back then.. until he got older. Old age also brought a decline in his accuracy. But the worst thing happens.. A failed surgery.  

"The world is not fair you know?" Fumito-san said while holding a sad smile on his face. 

"Do you know who died in that surgery procedure..?" He walked back to his desk and pulled put a photo frame out of one of the shelves.

"That?!" Ai was surprised when she saw the content of the photo. It was a.. family photo. It looked clear that it is. 

"The one who died was my own son.." He said while glancing at his own two hands.

"After that.. my wife killed herself because of the stress she was hit with.. leaving me alone in this world.." He then looked at Ai with stern eyes.

"But that sadness slowly was going away because of you both.. Your kind and motherly attitude and Nozomi's Integrity.." He had a look of reminiscence on his face while talking to Ai.

"I thought back then that I was going to fail again.. I was going to fail to save another one" His hands are trembling while he said that. Ai looked at him with a concerned look but then he let out a big sigh and faced Ai.

"But.. he had said something that I wished he never said.." Tears started to stream down his face. The tears that haven't been seen for more than 10 years.

"He- He said-" "Nozomi said Thank You and I'm Sorry didn't he?" Ai cut the words of Fumito. She knew what he would say.. She never really understood why.. but she knew that he really meant them..

"Bu- But how did you know?!" Fumito was in shock at how easily Ai guessed what Nozomi said to him.

"Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha.. Of course I am her big sister after all.." Ai said while laughing warmly.

"Nozomi had always tried to save everyone that he could save.. No he had always tried to save EVERYONE" Ai emphasis the word Everyone. Fumito was of course was a little confused.

"He had once almost died when he saved an old couple from an accident causing him to got hit by a 45 km/h motorcycle.." Ai remembered the old times. Nozomi had tried to do even the impossible to help other, he had pushed his limits to the farthest just by having the will to help and save others.

"But why..? Why would he do that..? Does he hate his own life?!" Fumito was baffled.

"No.. He just loves.. everyone"

.

After those reveal Ai went to check the balance in the account. She was quite surprised to say the very least. Inside the account was a balance over 250.000¥

"This.." Her sweat dropped from her face after seeing the balance. It was certainly unusual for him to actually have this much money..

"You must be Kyoraku Ai-sama, yes?" The clerk asked her. She nodded and the clerk also nodded back.

"By the rule and policy of our Bank, If an owner of an account died then their account would be given to their chosen person. And the person Kyoraku Nozomi-sama choses is you" The clerk explained to her. She only nodded in understanding then the clerk handed back the card.

"Thank you then" Ai said while turning away and started walking away.

"You're welcome"

.

After those surprise, Ai went back home but on her way there she saw a brochure that flew by her face following the wind. She didn't really care about it until she saw what was written. She then immediately turned her head to the side and catched the brochure.

There she read it more detailed. The brochure was a brochure about a medical institution by the government. It was a Cancer Treatment and Cure Research Group or CTCR Group. It was a pure research for the ways of treatment and the possible cure to all types of Cancer.

After she read it she became quite interested in the group and decided to call the number listed on the brochure. She also decided to tell  Fumito about it and he also seemed quite interested in it as well.

<Time Skip 3 Years>

It has been quite the time.. 3 years? It is a long time. In those 3 years a lot had happened. Hikari had a full recovery and is now currently back in school, Ai and Fumito were both currently working with the CTCR group.

Both Ai and Fumito were quickly accepted into the group because of their skills and experience in the first place. Fumito worked in the Treatment department and Ai worked in the Cure department. They both were working really hard finding something so small it could only be seen by the powers of thousands even millions of eyes and knowledge.

But those were all before.. now after 3 years of constant hard work and tenacity of the everybody in the group they finally found it..

"It is the cure to cancer!" They finally found it. By combining the knowledge of treatment procedures, advanced anatomies, and extra detailed experiments they finally found it.

"Indeed.. This will open up a new path in the world.. A path where no one will see their loved ones dies in front of their eyes because of cancer.." The two main and the two with the most contribution were unsurprisingly both Ai and Fumito.

"I agree.. and by this Nozomi sacrifice in my life is finally worth what it's should be.." Ai looked up to the night sky of the city they loved. The city that were their past, their present, and will later be their future.. 

"Let's head back.. we have an appointment after all" Without skipping a beat Ai then just walked back inside the building while telling Fumito to follow her. Fumito just quietly sighed and just followed her.

.

"They finally found it!" A cheerful voice could be heard in an empty studio. She was currently just working alone despite her age. This girl is of course Hikari! She has been chasing her dreams to become a great writer and even right now she has half achieved her dream.

"Can you see it, Nozomi-san?" She then laid down on the floor of her very own studio. She slowly reached her hands upwards and said.

"The people that have been impacted by you.. even myself.. can you see them? Are you proud of them? I believe you certainly are.. Your big sister that you loved, the doctor that cared for you and even the others who had been happier with you there.. will always remember you"

.

And so their journey continued well even after that. Hikari kept on writing and creating stories and even journals. She then went on to travel the world to actually see this world that Nozomi loved herself. In the future she was known as the 'Light of The Novels'.

Ai continued her journey in the medical field even after she and her team founded and mass produced the cure to cancer. She went on to create much more cure to a lot more dangerous disease to even the simple ones. In the future she was known as the 'Promised Doctor'.

Fumito will also continue to became one of the best teachers in the medical field because of his experience. He would later be teaching few of the doctors that would shape the future even after they died. He had finally found his true function in this world. In the future he was known as 'Legacy of Physicians'.

Those three had shaped the future, the future that will never came to be if Nozomi never was there. They are the new generations that will shape this world and more generations to come. This generation is called 'The Beyonders', the generation that had gone beyond the limit of themselves.

.

.

.

<Nozomi PoV>

"I see! Ha-Ha-Ha-Ha! What an interesting story! They have finally done it, eh? I know they have it in them!" I finished reading the book. The book that contains the story about them. It is good seeing no reading their stories even if I could not be there..

"Now then.. what do I owe you the pleasure?" I said as I looked at the person in front of me. He looked like an old man in his 50's yet still had the body of their prime. He wore a black tuxedo with a golden embroidered pin on his right chest. He also wore a black fedora and next to him was a walking cane that is probably also a weapon based on it's aura.

"It is not important who I am, but what is important is who you are and what will you do now" He said in a dignified manner. I only sighed in a little frustration at his manner. I don't hate his mannerism but I'm just a little annoyed.

"Now let me ask some questions is that all right?" I wanted to asked him some questions that could probably answer some things I guess.

"Ask away" He simply said and so I began asking.

"Now first is.. where are we right now?" First I asked him about our general location right now. Because this doesn't seem like the earth and I don't think this is anywhere in our universe as well.

"This place is your.. [𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞]. That is the only information I could give you about this place right now" I for some reason felt that he actually kinda hates calling me with 'you' for some reason. Or maybe that is just my random feeling.

"Second, What will happen to me after this? I mean I have died right? Will I disappear? Will i continue to be here or what?" Second I asked him about what will happen next. I already died on earth and based on what I could see there is no way I could actually go back there again. 

"What will happen to you after this is not on my power to actually know.. But based on what I see is that you will move on to your next life or what you seem to know as a [𝐑𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐚𝐫𝐧𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧]" What he said kinda surprised me for a second. 

'Reincarnation?' Reincarnation was quite a sensitive topic back then. It was quite the controversy. People back on earth mostly believed in Heaven or Hell. But that leads to my third question just out of curiosity.

"Then third, Is there a 'Heaven' or 'Hell'?" 

"Yes. Well simple said is what you humans called Heaven and Hell are what we called as  [𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐒𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐭𝐮𝐚𝐫𝐲]. I have no obligations to say anything further" He then closed our questioning and answering session from going any further. But then I felt somewhat weird and when I looked at myself, my body were becoming translucent.. I was disappearing..

"I see, so then your time has come. You will be reincarnated in another world another time and until then live your life as best as you can and good luck.. you'll need it" He said with a stern tone.

"Oh! By the way, I have a last request can you help me with it?" I tried to ask him a simple favour.

"Speak up" He seemed intrigued at what I will be requesting.

"Can you.. watch over them?" I asked him and he only sighed a little but he gave me a subtle nod. That simple confirmation even for me is enough.

"Thank you" And so my body completely disappeared and my vision also turned black completely.

.

<??? PoV>

"It seemed like you have never changed one bit don't you, Master?" I looked at the book that was left at the table that was also slowly started disappearing.

"Well, that is just how you aren't you.." I then stared at the sky that represents the hope of every living being that ever exist in every world all collected into this one little [𝐒𝐨𝐮𝐥 𝐏𝐚𝐥𝐚𝐜𝐞].

"Well then.. I should get going" And with that I just teleported away to a place that even I do not know.

.

.

.

[A/N: And that marks the prologue! Well it has been my hard work for the past 2 months creating and rewriting my original prologue from my old fanfic A New Member that will be Rebooted in to a new version right now! It had been a fun journey in the old fanfic but I think it could still be better so here it is my new version. I hope all of you can give me an idea about what you think about it later but yeah, I will see you guys later and have a nice day!]

10