Chapter 21 Meet Her Rival
144 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Emperor Media Building, in the director's office on the top floor.

Su Zibao flipped through the materials in her hand, since she and her father have set a two-month deadline, she will go all out. Luo Bingwan is the only artist in Emperor Media who stands a chance to go bigger, and Su Zibao also works hard on Luo Bingwan.

Flicking across the LCD screen is the most popular music list in country Z, Music Radio. At this time, Yao Lianyi got the first three top hits.

Yao Lianyi is the diva of Yunting Entertainment, and it was Su Zi who made her this far. Su Zi has written countless songs for her, helped her release several albums, and put on a dozen concerts. She is the biggest star in the show biz today, and all her biggest hits are Su Zi’s doing.

She was also Su Zi's BFF, but at this moment, what Su Zibao thought of was the last words Xia Chengye said on the phone.

"You really think that Yao Lianyi treats you as her friend? She hated your gut. Remember you had a high fever and damaged your vocal cords? That was far from it. In fact, she put a heavy dose of medicine in the water you drink because she was so damn insecure that one day you might ditch her and go on the stage. Now that you couldn’t sing anymore, all the lyrics that you wrote would be hers. You worked behind the screen and she was the face. Of course, I knew it was Yao Lianyi all along. To keep my mouth shut, she put a lot of effort into the bed."

The sting of hatred is still in her ears, but it only opened her eyes even more. For Xia Chengye, she never thought of going from behind the scenes to the stage, giving her all to make her best friend a big start. In return, she ruined her voice for good and slept with her boyfriend. Perhaps, that was exactly what Xia Chengye wanted.

Her best friend and her boyfriend, shit-twins.

"Director Su, Mr. He is here." Fan Yan, her assistant, knocked on the door.

Su Zibao looked away from Music Radio, took a minute to regain her composure, and curved her lips into a polite smile, "Let him in."

He Tao is the head of the music department, and he is currently working on the Pinellia album. She has gone through their plan The songs are not bad, but they are not enough to be big hits.

Re-editing the title song, hitting Music Radio's top charts, and taking advantage of Luo Bingwan's fame to release the album, it is bound to be a success.

That’s where Su Zibao kicks off her career in Emperor Media. If this album is a big hit, she’s halfway to talk her dad into investing in her company.

"Director Su." There was a trace of nervousness in He Tao's eyes. They didn’t take her seriously at first after she’s just a kid who hasn’t finished college. But the new broom is set to sweep clean. She fired the head of the finance department with further ado. Is that why she wanted to see him? To fire him because he gave her a hard time?

Su Zibao gracefully gestured at him to sit down, and said, "I've seen the album. It’s tailored for Luo Bingwan. Some songs are not bad, but the title song needs to be changed. I want to talk to Luo Bingwan and custom-make a few songs for her. These are the songs I kept after the screening, and I will save the others for future use.”

He Tao took the folder. Su Zibao almost screened out half of the songs, but her choice took him by surprise. As the head of the music department, He Tao has good tastes when it comes to music, and he now sees that great minds think alike.

"This album will be released next month, and the title song has not yet been decided, isn't that a bit risky?" He Tao hesitated. It is one thing to change the title song, even though he wonders how will she fill up the list, but it is another thing whether it can be better than the original one.

Su Zibao smiled and said, "In two weeks, I will come up with the repertoire. You can rest assured."

They discussed some specifics about the album. He went along with her suggestions and didn’t raise any objections, partly because he was still reeling from the quick firing of the head of the finance department, partly because he wanted to see how she planned to deliver her promise.

Just this morning, Su Zibao interviewed the executives of Emperor Media one after another and has a basic picture of the run of things. It wasn't until the end when she was flipping through the artist files Song Yingjie gave her that she was taken aback for a moment. Why did Luo Bingwan go abroad for a vacation?

After dialing Song Yingjie's cell phone, Su Zibao said, "Can you arrange for me to meet Luo Bingwan?"

"I’m sorry, but it’s not up to me. Mr. Pei gave her two weeks’ leave, and now she's abroad." Song Yingjie's laughter came from the other end of the phone, "But since Director Su wanted to meet her, I'll call her agent right now. As for whether she will come back, I can’t make her decision. You have to talk to Mr. Pei. "

Su Zibao said politely, "Thank you."

Song Yingjie hung up the phone, looked at Pei Yi who was sitting next to him, and said with a teasing smile, "Mr. Pei, your new bride wants to meet your admirer. What do you say? I should set them up, right?"

Pei Yi nestled lazily on the leather sofa, looked up at him, "Don’t start."

Song Yingjie got on the phone and explained the situation to her agent, Miss Jin, and then heard Luo Bingwan mumble something that he could make out, and Jin told him: "Mr. Song, Bingwan said that she was not feeling well and wanted to extend her vacation. She won’t be back for another 2 months. Please tell Mr. Pei."

And then she hung up.

Song Yingjie threw his hands in the air, "Mr. Pei, I guess Luo Bingwan can’t tolerate Su Zibao’s presence. The minute that Su Zibao got in, Luo Bingwan wouldn't come back. What now? Su Zibao is currently working on the pinellia album, and she can’t progress until Luo Bingwan returns."

There’s no one else to take Luo Bingwan’s place. What can she do about it?

"She doesn't want to come back, that’s fine with me." Pei Yi said lightly, with deep narrow eyes, his mind impenetrable. 

2