Ch. 5 A prologue to adventure.
149 0 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Their head turned to me, and I could see the surprise in their black and violet eyes. "Wait a minute, black and violet?" And thats when I noticed that the white in her eye was black, and her iris was violet instead of greyish blue.

But that was not the main problem right then. I once again asked for an explanation "What happened?" 

"I think I used a skill...?" was her reply. Right skills, something every ascended has, although every ascended have different skills, depending on their class. 

But then it hit me. Why did I not see any skills on my status page? They were supposed to be there. I decided to tackle this problem when this problem is fixed. 

"You should try concentrating on turning the skill off, by either taking away the power source, or shooting fully activating the s

kill, so it will shoot out." If she could do this, I would be able to tackle this skill issue of mine. 

"I don't think I can shoot them. The skill is called blood claws." Well, there goes plan A. 

"Whelp, plan B. Try making a motion with your hand, as if you were retracting them, and concentrate on doing just that."

And that is how they figured out how to do it, ten minutes later. 

After that display of power, I had one thing to do, so that we could go, and they would not need to protect me. Fixing the skill issue. 

I looked at my status, still floating in the air. I walked over to it, and started once again concentrating, this time only on my subclass, since it had some choices for me. 

This time only the page for my subclass appeared. 

************

Subclass: Mage lvl.1

CHOOSE ONE MAGIC TYPE:

1. Fire

2. Water

3. Earth

4. Air

5. Darkness

6. Light

7. Death

8. Undeath

9. Holy

************

I decided to choose the Light element, or type, or whatever. Mainly because of the strengthening from my race. Then appeared another screen, with choices for skills involving either of my classes, and the Light element.

************

CHOOSE ONE SKILL:

1. Light bullet lvl.1

2. Light infusion lvl.1

3. Light shield lvl.1

4. Light burst lvl.1

5. Light bomb lvl.1

6. Light modification lvl.1

7. Lesser heal lvl.1

************

I chose a skill supporting my main class, Light infusion. It will let me inflict elemental damage to my enemies, along the physical damage from my attacks, as long as I have mana. I closed the status screen, by focusing on it disappearing, said the word to wish it into existence, and once again looked at my full status page, just to see if the issue was fixed.

***********

Name: Kore Astaseul

Species: Homunculus

Race: Starshaped

Class: Monk lvl.1 

Subclass: Mage lvl.1

Current state: Slightly tired

**Overall stats**

Health: 61/61

Stamina: 46/46

Mana: 52/52

Attack: 73

Defence: 43

Agility: 67

Dexterity: 53

Endurance: 45

Magic Attack: 68

Magic Defence: 46

Casting speed: 54

**Skills**

Light infusion lvl.1

************

"Good, now to get back to the other matter at hand." I, once again, turned to my companion, and asked. "Could you tell me some information from your status page?"

Their answer was an obvious yes. "Yes, of course! My species is a vampire, while my class is 'Blood Warrior'. My stats vary, but are in the range of 50 to 63. My skills are 'Blood Claws', and 'Slight blood control'."

That answered the second question. However, just like it happens in my mind normally, another question appeared. "Do you perhaps know why do your eyes look like that? I mean, the irises are violet, while the white is now black."

The confusion on their face that appeared during that first sentence started to fade, while a face filled curiousness, and slightly also fear, appeared. "When I imagine it, it looks quite cool, but a question also arises. What will happen to us if we go to a settlement?"

"Right, that will have to happen at some point." I thought to myself. "Demiurge, shouldn't we start walking somewhere? Otherwise we will die of starvation. Plus, we need to get stronger."

"Let's go then! I am definitely ready, but if you need to take some more time, I can wait." They said.

"I am ready. We don't need to waste any more time."

And so, we set off, to finally start our adventure.

4