Chapter 5
45 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Sara walks over to the door,

I hear it open then close.

She walks back over to me while carrying a letter.

She finishes reading it then it burns away in a flame at an instant from her hands.

“It looks like I have other business to attend to. I’ll have to deal with you later”, she says as she looks down at me.

Then she vanishes.

I manage to prop myself up against the wall, I have my right hand pressed against my stomach because of the pain.

My left eye is kept shut and blood is falling down my face.

I need to get out of here but where can I go?

There’s no way she won’t be able to find me as soon as she wants to but I only have an intense urge to get as far away from here as I can, call it instincts, I suppose.

I use my left hand on the ground to help get myself up, to stand. I make my way to the door and open it then walk outside.

 

I turn to the right and start walking straight.

I’m walking with a limp and leaned over in an awkward position because of the pain from the wound of my stomach.

I manage to will myself into continuing on.

I feel like I’ve been walking a huge distance until I start to hear a stream of water.

I continue in the direction to it until I get to a river.

I’m thirsty so I walk over into the water until i’m knee deep then I lean down enough to cup the water with my hand to drink it.

I have no idea how safe it is to drink water from a river like this but at this point I don’t care.

I get out of the water and begin to start walking again, following the river.

The further I go, the more I notice the current is getting stronger until I eventually make it to a large waterfall.

I make my way over to the cliff side. It’s a really nice view.

 

After standing there for a while, admiring the scenery, Sara suddenly appears levitating in the air, over the cliff side, in front of me.

“What do you think you’re doing?!”, she says.

I’m too scared to think of anything to say. I drop to my knees.

“I-I’m done. I don’t want this anymore!”, I manage to blurt out.

“Done? I don’t think you understand. There’s no being done for you”, she tells me.

I eventually push myself back off the ground and I edge myself closer to the side of the cliff.

“What are you going to do, jump?”, she asks.

“Don’t be an idiot. I told you, you can’t die”, she says.

She’s right. Jumping won’t kill me, she’s proven that earlier but I still feel nothing but an intense urge to do it.

“You saw everything!”, I yell at her.

“There’s nothing left of me, I say.

“Fine”, she says.

“If you want to do it so badly then do it!”, she further says.

I can’t while looking so I turn around.

Sara appears in front of me.

“What’s wrong with you?!”, she asks.

I looked at her to capture her image in my mind in case it would be for the very last time and I jumped backwards off the cliff.

 

I fall until I feel the impact of the ground.

I lay there in an even more huge amount of pain.

I try to pull myself up but I can’t move my legs.

My left arm is also broken.

I feel bruised all over my body.

I must be hemorrhaging also.

I’m coughing up blood everywhere.

At least i’m not completely paralyzed.

Sara appears near me.

“Is this what you really wanted?, Is this what you’d rather choose over me?”, she says.

“I-I just want to be free”, I tell her.

“Free from what? From me?!, she says angrily.

“That’s not it. You just don’t get”, I say.

“Then explain”, she replies.

“I’m not good enough. I’m nothing”, I say without thinking.

“Chhh”, she looks at me in disgust.

“Maybe I should just put you out of your misery”, she says.

She levitates me up and puts me back with my stomach on the ground.

I groan loudly from the excruciating pain after being moved.

 

With my head facing to the side, Sara puts her foot on the side of my head.

She increasingly applies pressure over time.

“It’s what I deserve. Crush me like a bug. That’s all I am”, I let out quietly.

The pressure from her foot on my head has increased so much that it seems as though my skull is going to crack.

Tears begin to run down my eyes without even a whimper.

“I’m just a bug… a bug… bug… bug… bug”, I start repeating slowly.

She takes her foot off me, looks down at me for a second then vanishes.

 

Bug… bug… bug… bug… bug, I keep slowly repeating quietly out loud.

Then I stop and just close my eyes.

My body is lightly shaking involuntarily here and there.

I stay with my eyes closed for a good amount of time before I open them.

I struggle to but somehow flip myself over to have my back against the ground.

I let out a cry of pain.

 

I look upward at the sky and just stare at the clouds above me as they pass by slowly.

Time passes as I lay there until the sun sets and rises for the next day.

Time goes on as I remain lying there on the ground until it becomes dusk again.

I can’t really move enough to get anywhere with just my one arm working.

If I tried, it would just take up all my energy to barely be able to get anywhere at all.

The day was getting darker and darker.

I end up hearing snarling nearby.

It draws closer.

A wolf suddenly leaps out and bites down on my side.

I let a groan of pain.

I wrap my arm around it’s neck to put it in a headlock.

It keeps it’s jaw locked in.

I jam my thumb into it’s eye and apply as much pressure down on it as I can.

It doesn’t let go.

I instead tighten my arm around it’s neck in a headlock position again.

I’m close enough to the river that I force us to roll into the water and plunge down into it.

We move along the current as I keep my grip tight around the wolf’s neck and it’s teeth are dug deep into my flesh.

 

Eventually the wolf loosens it’s bite and begins to try shaking me off but I keep my grip on it as best as I can.

I’m struggling with staying under water this long also.

It may not kill me to drown but it’s definitely unpleasant, to say the least.

The wolf eventually becomes still.

It’s drowned to death.

I hold my grip a bit longer to be sure then I let it go and we continue to go along with the current.

I lay myself flat on my back and try using my arm to swim up until I reach the surface of the water.

I cough out water and let out a big gasp for air.

I use my arm in the water to keep myself up top and edge myself closer and closer to the edge of the water until I make it to dry land. I roll myself over a few times to distance myself from the water.

Wolves travel in packs. Hopefully they don’t follow and find me here.

I’m lucky I only had to deal with one.

Maybe I got into the water before the rest could get to me.

I continue to cough up water and blood.

I lay there and try to rest my body.

I’m completely exhausted from everything I had to do in the water.

 

I continue to lay with my back to the ground, starring up at the sky.

Over time the sun falls and rises a few times.

I just stare up, I start seeing crows flying above me.

This goes on and on until I start hearing snarling.

The wolves have found me again.

They’re here to finish me off.

They approach, walking slowly up to me.

There’s no way I can fight them off.

I’m too starved and beaten.

My energy is completely drained.

I just lay there motionless.

I feel them bite down on my neck, stomach and one of my legs.

They’re going to eat me and there’s nothing I can do.

I continue to feel them biting down on me until I hear one of the wolves whimper.

The others follow and do the same.

They’re completely off me now.

Sara approaches and stands over me.

She places her hand on my forehead and I begin to feel tired enough that I fall asleep.

 

I wake up with my head on Sara’s lap.

She’s asleep now also.

I check my body and my wounds are all gone.

We’re on the couch, inside the cabin.

She wakes up.

“Oh, you’re finally awake”, she says.

I look up at her and smile, letting out a light laugh.

I move a bit and cough.

My insides still give off a bruised pain.

I give a motion and expression of discomfort.

“You’re still not fully healed”, she says.

“It would be better if you learned how to heal yourself”, she informs me.

“I can do something like that?”, I asked surprisingly.

She laughs.

“I can teach you once you’ve fully recovered”, she tells me.

I continue lying there with my head on her lap.

I’m- I’m sorry for everything”, I say”.

“Forget it… Let’s just pretend it never happened, she responds.

0