Ch 9. Floor 0 – Waves(3)
112 2 7
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Second Wave.

A wave of zombies will rush in just akin to the first wave.

"Will it be bigger or the same?"

I couldn't call myself because of the uncertainty of the horde of zombies.

In game, it came completely randomly. Sometimes the waves are same, while some special zombies come in last wave completely catching off.

"If conehead zombies came in the first wave, will buckethead will come next?"

But one thing was sure. That I didn't underestimate this time. This time I made some proper defenses.

I didn't plant more sunflowers, and instead I doubled the peashooter in each lane. And in front of each of them was a potato mine.

And in front of potato mine was a wallnut. Though I couldn't place wallnut in all lanes because it low recharge rate. But I covered upto three lanes.

"And the best thing is that I got extra plants."

I am not arrogant but confident that unlike before nothing would happen in this wave.

Except the first four plants, I was given access to new plants for this wave.

Chomper - 150 Sun

Snow Pea - 175 Sun

Repeater - 200 Sun

All three of them are quite good and are active plants, but I am more excited about the last one.

Cherry Bomb - 150 Sun

If nothing goes well, then just drop a cherry bomb and then Boom!!

Even in the game, I didn't use repeater much because of its high cost, while Chomper takes too much time to reload.

Snow Pea is quite good since it slows the zombie, but I didn't plant it yet.

I am saving sun points just to use cherry bomb and chomper as a one time use is something bad happens.

"Final Wave Incoming!"

This time the zombies came with good numbers and with unique zombies as well.

But this time all of it was under my anticipation. Maybe because of my Innate Skill, I was thinking of tutorial as a game.

It is convenient and makes it easier for me to clear it. 

But it isn't the reality. And in reality, there are differences.

So, I kind of anticipated it to be different from the game, since I got that shock in the first wave.

Roughly 30 zombies invaded in all five lanes, but the Peashooters weren't behind.

As soon the zombies entered, they started to firing peas one by one damaging the zombies.

"Second, Third and Fourth lane has the most zombies. Then..."

These three lanes has the most zombies while the other two has less and normal zombies.

Buckethead Zombie, the new addition in this wave is also in the horde of zombies.

With no hesitation, I took out the cherry bomb, the two cherries which are connected by a small twig.

And then like a grenade, just threw it at the place I was aiming for.

Surprisingly it went to the perfect place, which was a bit of surprise but now thinking of the tower it isn't weird anymore.

And it collided and then...

Boom!!

With a huge blast, the zombies all surrounded near it were charred black and in a second all of them turned into black ash.

And with that, all the zombies of these three lane were dealt with.

"This is the reason I like Cherry Bomb!"

And with that one plant, I finally cleared the second half of the tutorial with a clean victory.

The timer finally went off, and then I heard a sound of something soaring at high speed.

And as I look at the sky, all that left was the colourful colours of the fireworks in the sky making me wonder if it is a dream.

"But still, isn't it too overboard to turn day into night in second, just to enjoy fireworks?"

I didn't know how it happened. I was indeed curious but I guess, the mesmerizing sight of fireworks already taken my heart away.

Despite being a pervert, it doesn't mean all I like are perverted things. Sometime beautiful things are more to favourable to my eyes.

At that moment, many other player who cleared the tutorial looked at the sky and were captured by the beauty just like Ren.

The tower which was just an object of fear for the first time made a bit of waves under the hearts of the other players.

And all of them also realised...

[Congratulations for clearing the Floor 0 - Tutorial!]

[And Welcome to the Dungeon Tower, Players!]

... that it was only the beginning.

---

[You are the first one to clear the tutorial! Do you want to be in hall of fame?]

"This... Should I do it?"

If I agree, I will become famous. If I don't I will remain anonymous.

Both comes with its pros and cons. But if I went with my desires, then...

"Yes!"

==

Hall of Fame -

1. The First Tutorial Clearer - Ren Kobayashi

Clearance - 18:04 Minutes

==

Who would miss the chance to become famous?!

I am is not like those cold protagonists who remain anonymous to be cool.

My character might confuse people, but as a reincarnator my wish has always been the same.

To have power, to have money and to have girls with lots of fun.

"And for that becoming famous is the first step to my dreams!"

As I shouted with enthusiasm, a loud notification bell near my ears made me jump with fright.

[Granting Rewards...]

"It did show that reward will be given to the tutorial clearers. But what about those who failed..."

I didn't even need to think about it. Probably... no the most likely outcomes seems to be death.

Slap!

I slapped my face and snapped myself from depressive mood.

The fireworks kind of made my mind escape the reality a bit, and I forgot that tower was like this from the start.

But still I already had made up my mind.

[Innate Skill - 3rd Person's Perspective Activated!]

I guess I haven't.

"How can a normal person like me can accept the death so easily?"

Despite my lecherous nature, I am quite a good person. The only difference is that I am a bit more unrestrained unlike my previous life with the notion of having no regrets.

Still, I have a bottom line.

I don't intent to change my decision. But still the fact that deaths are occuring within my knowledge kind of made me feel a bit uncomfortable.

"If I could tell my knowledge..."

I was feeling a kind of guilt. And my skill was providing a kind of escape but I guess, it wasn't able to made the feeling of guilt vanish.

I guess, I am not that special. In the end, even after reincarnating I am a small human being.

[Accessing performance... Shuffling through suitable rewards...]

And I just looked at the window hoping for a good reward which might make me a feel a bit elated and remove from this depressive mood.

7