Interlude 1 – Nyx’s Godly Visit
126 0 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

“Nyx?” a man with black hair wearing an everyday hoodie and slacks questioned as he walked toward a market.

 

“A tree? Seriously? You put a divine soul in a tree?” a shadowy figure, Nyx, walking alongside the man said.

 

“And how did you find out?” the man replied, as he slowed his stroll to look at the various advertisements and shops scattered along the brick street.

 

“You’ll never know. Still, why?” Nyx replied, grabbing an apple off a nearby stand to the dismay of the owner, who was enraged but held back in fright the moment he saw her.

 

“I was curious. Maybe I’ll tell you once you tell me how you keep getting into worlds,” the man said, continuing his walk down the street.

 

“No! You’ll stop me and force me to do boring things like the rest of the gods!” Nyx exclaimed, throwing the half-eaten apple right at the man's head. The apple went straight through as if it was air and ended up hitting a passerby who, once again, was enraged until the moment he saw Nyx.

 

“Mmm. I’ve been thinking. Maybe we can make a deal,” the man offered.

 

“Better not be like the deal with stupid Alfy,” Nyx replied.

 

“No, it’ll be much better. You aren’t dumb enough to fall for those anyway,” the man said. “Come, let’s find a nice place to talk.”

 

The man led Nyx through the crowded streets until he reached a white temple made of quartz. Standing in front of the temple was a statue of the man with a little plaque below.

 

The Creator

 

“We’re headed to another world?” Nyx asked cautiously.

 

“I figure we should visit one of the high-tech worlds. They have isolation barriers even gods can’t break through,” the man replied, walking into the temple. After entering the table the man, the creator, led Nyx through a few hallways into a private chamber with a large circle in the center. Pressing his hand on the floor, Nyx walked into the center of the circle. After the circle started glowing white, the creator took his hand off it and joined her. Then he snapped his fingers and the world warped around him.

 

The new location was vastly different. Instead of the traditional medieval style, it was all sleek and metallic. Currently, they stood inside a temple, much like the one they arrived in, except it was made of metals rather than quartz.

 

“Come.” Nyx followed behind the creator. She was led through a back door behind the main temple room and after a few windy passage ways they reached a comfortable small room. In the center sat a floating glass table with a soft chair on either side.

 

“So what’s your offer, old man?” Nyx started after they both sat down across from one another.

 

“Tell me how, and I’ll let you keep exploring worlds. There will only be a few off limits and an occasional mission in one or two of them,” the creator offered.

 

“That deal seems too good…”

 

“It is. I’m just really curious on how you managed to break my system again.”

 

“What are the missions going to be like? And I assume the off-limits worlds are the demon worlds which I already avoid?”

 

“You assume correctly. The missions will be in much the same vein as what you already do.”

 

“So helping build cults?”

 

“Sometimes.”

 

“I’ll agree, but only with an exclusive magical contract.”

 

“Thank you, Nyx.” The creator waved his hand and a piece of paper flew in front of Nyx’s face.

Binding Magical Contract

The Creator - Nyx

The creator grants Nyx permission to enter any and all worlds with the exclusion of demon worlds via a personal spatial tunnel.

Nyx is not allowed to take anyone or anything beyond the clothes on her body through the personal spatial tunnel.

The creator will assign missions that Nyx is required to do in lower worlds for the duration of the contract.No mission may bring harm to Nyx or the creator.

Should a mission be unintentionally failed, no harm will come to Nyx.

The creator may not assign more than two missions at any given time and at a rate not exceeding two missions per standard dimensional month.

If the contract is broken, both parties will be immediately informed via flame transmission.

If the given party is currently indisposed they will receive a knowledge imprint upon awakening of the contract break and every action taken by the offending party since the contract was broken.

Upon the contract breaking all rules stipulated in this contract are void and the given parties are allowed to treat each other as they wish.

Should Nyx break the contract she will be frozen in place until the creator arrives.

Should the creator break the contract the creator will yield all creations to Nyx.

 

Signatures:

The Creator

Nyx

She signed it and the paper burst into flames of an array of violet hues. “The familiar system.”

 

The creator went into concentration for a few minutes before settling back into a seated position. “I see.”

 

“Really? That’s quicker than usual. So how do I do it?”

 

“Since you are a god you are capable of creating familiars to send down to worlds. Naturally, this creates a tunnel into the world. You are prevented from entering this tunnel, however possessing a follower does not count as entering. In the worlds, you can not fully take over the body of a follower since divine essence can not be passed down to them, however by sending divine essence through the tunnel, you then take over the familiar during transportation, and arrive as yourself in the new world. Quite ingenious. I made some errors when designing that system. Regardless it’s fixed now, as per the trade you may create your own tunnels for you and only you and you are not to use god-level abilities or skills in worlds. Your first mission is to help the tree ascend to godhood.”

 

“Sounds fun,” Nyx replied, then vanished.

 


 

Stats:

Spoiler

Order of the Tree stats:

[Members/Followers: 44,443]

[Destiny Points: 0]

[Reserve Balance: 2,504,660 gold]

Tree-san’s stats:

[Destiny Points: 2,678]

[Level: 9]

 

[Displaying tree…]

[Branch 1: Shadow Magic]

[Branch 1.1: Blend with the Shade]

[Branch 1.1.1: Sync with the Shade]

[Branch 1.1.2: Blind with the Shade]

[Branch 1.1.3: Feel with the Shade]

[Branch 1.2: Shadow Leap]

[Branch 1.3: Shadow Stalk]

[Branch 1.4: Assassinate]

[Branch 1.5: Permanent Skill]

[Branch 2: Water Magic]

[Branch 2.1: Summon Water]

[Branch 2.2: Water Shot]

[Branch 2.3: Water Blast]

[Branch 2.4: Drown]

[Branch 2.4.1: Drown Shield]

[Branch 2.5: Permanent Skill]

[Branch 3: Light Magic]

[Branch 3.1: Greater Heal]

[Branch 3.1.1: Greater Refresh]

[Branch 3.1.2: Greater Cure]

[Branch 3.2: Sudden Stasis]

[Branch 3.2.1: Offensive Stasis]

[Branch 3.2.2: Postpone Death]

[Branch 3.3: Permanent Skill]

[Branch 3.4: Lance of Light]

[Branch 3.4.1: Light Beam]

[Branch 3.4.2: Light Arrow]

[Branch 3.5: Dome of Light]

[Branch 3.5.1: Moving Dome]

[Branch 3.5.2: One-sided Wall]

[Branch 4: Mind Magic]

[Branch 4.1: Telepathy]

[Branch 4.1.1: Enhanced Telepathy]

[Branch 4.2: Seed of Thought]

[Branch 4.3: Permanent Skill]

[Branch 5: Aura]

[Branch 5.1: Regal Intimidation]

[Branch 5.2: Royal Grace]

[Branch 5.3: Permanent Skill]

[Branch 5.4: Aura of Tranquility]

[Branch 5.5: Aura of Concentration]

[Branch 5.6: Aura of Focus]

[Branch 6: Fire Magic]

[Branch 6.1: Explosion]

[Branch 6.1.1: Shrapnel Explosion]

[Branch 6.1.2: Flame Explosion]

[Branch 6.2: Implosion]

[Branch 6.3: Permanent Skill]

[Branch 7: Nature Magic]

[Branch 7.1: Everlasting Cycle]

[Branch 7.1.1: Return to Nature]

[Branch 7.2: Grow]

[Branch 7.3: Entrance]

[Branch 7.3.1: Entrance Fauna]

[Branch 7.3.2: Entrance Flora]

[Branch 7.4: Permanent Skill]

 

[Root 1: Nature Sense]

[Root 1.1: Life Sense]

[Root 2: Telepathy]

[Root 2.1: Marked Telepathy]

[Root 3: Path of Divinity]

[Root 3.1: Divine Tax]

[Root 3.2: Druidtree]

[Root 3.3: Magitree]

[Root 3.4: Comfort of the Trees]

[Root 3.5: Divine Descent]

[Root 4: Human Avatar]

[Root 5: Aura of Peace]

[Root 5.1: Aura of Weakening]

[Root 5.1.1: Aura of Weakening Potions]

[Root 5.2: Aura of Purity]

[Root 5.2.1: Aura of Curing]

[Root 6: Rapturous Roots]

[Root 6.1: Mana Navigation]

[Root 7: The Root System]

[collapse]

One more short chapter coming later tonight!

10