Mild Misunderstanding
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alex

An unexpectedly long time after we arrived at the Auburnian border, a man who appeared to be Jace showed up.

This time around, Jace could, in theory, not use that irritating device due to the immense range of the object—using it here would interfere with uninvolved individuals.


(Written)
The weather crystal and bystanders?


Alex

As we stood upon the suspended wood, I prepared to draw my sword—a kukri—at a moment's notice and Hazel decided to wield her bow this time around, yet she similarly kept her weapon partially stowed to prevent any unwanted commotion from occuring.


(Written)

Bridge? Why is he talking like that?


Alex

Since we were in the holy lands, dark magic was out of the picture. Of course, we did not know that Twilight existed at the time. Well, I suppose that Hazel did get a glimpse of her whenever Twilight was in the middle of a discussion with Jace after I was knocked unconscious, but Hazel either completely forgot about or simply glossed over Twilight's existence due to the urgency of the situation she was in at the time. Regardless, Twilight's devious tricks were out of the picture this time around. Unfortunately for us, North had yet to return from Yore after I sent him back to the island, so the only help we had from him consisted of the various curios we had received from him prior to our last clash with Jace.

As the man who appeared to be Jace approached, there was one obvious difference in appearance that was immediately apparent. For the first time I can remember, I saw what Jace looked like when he was not at death's door—his sickly visage was nowhere to be found. To be honest, when Jace lacked that unnaturally tinted, grayish skin, I hardly realized that he was who he is. I almost never saw Jace without his hood on, and I quickly realized that something was off about the "Jace" I saw in front of me.


Alex (Whispered): "Hazel, that is not Jace."

Hazel (Not Whispered Whatsoever): "What?"

Alex (Similarly Loud): "Shhhhhhhhhh!"

Hazel (Whispered): "Sorry, sorry... I kinda forgot that he's just over there, ya know?"

Alex (Whispered): "It was fine this time, but please be more aware of yourself. If you are too loud under the wrong circumstances, it could cost you your life. I believe that this is the third time I have had to point this out to you. Please do not allow a fourth time to come to pass."

Hazel (Whispered): "I get it, so could you just say the stuff I need to know before that not-so-Jace thingamabob or whatever the hell you'd call the guy who is literally just Jace gets over here. He's still walking as you lecture me, ya know."

Alex (Violently Whispered): "THAT. IS NOT. JACE."

Hazel (Whispered): "Suuuuuure... if that's not Jace, then who's that Jace?"

Alex (Whispered): "... ... ... You continue to baffle me with your lack of observance."

Hazel (Whispered Aggressively): "Just spit it out already! He's less than a minute away now!"

Alex (Whispered): "Jace possesses a mask capable of changing his face, body, and even clothing to match any appearance of the wearer's choosing. Why would Jace not simply use that mask and walk past us?"

Hazel: "HEY JACE! WE'RE OVER HERE!"

Alex (Whispered?): "WHAT THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU'RE DOING?!"

Hazel: "I'm obviously calling out to our old friend and companion who may otherwise fail to see us as he continues on his way."

Probably not Jace: "Wow, I didn't think I'd get to meet some of his comrades in the holy lands; how has my adoptive father been doing lately?"

Alex: "Adoptive... father? Wait, who are you, and who is your adoptive father?"

Probably not Jace: "Oh, you don't know me? Huh, I guess he doesn't want you to know for some reason. I could've sworn he told at least one of you about me though... well, that isn't important right now. When you saw me, you reacted with open hostility and suspicion. However, you came to a conclusion and seemingly lost your vigor. In my expert opinion using the vast sum of knowledge and wisdom I have amassed, I must conclude that you may be seeking to harm or are terribly afraid of someone who looks quite similar to my current appearance... most likely both. As this is the case, I have no choice but to eliminate you. It is a shame that I will have to move from the holy lands. I suppose I will head to Effrost after this—I still have yet to meet one of the fabeled iclost, afterall. I am almost certain that the Iclostian people do not leave Effrost due to the potential impact a simple change in climate could have on their well-being. Of course, the iclost themselves have quite the fascinating—"

Hazel: "Would you be so kind as to SHUT THE HELL UP?!"


Alex

At the moment Hazel interrupted the rambling stranger, she released three arrows from the bow she had previously prepared to wield if and when the need arose.

 
0