Two weeks, and a Support.
1.4k 8 30
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Bell watched himself in the new mirror that had been bought for the church, in the two weeks Ukala had been around, their living situation had improved rapidly, from the food they ate, the things they used to bath with, even having professional workers come in and clean out the yard, the church itself, installing proper security measures as well.

Professional workers included mages capable of using the 'Repair' skill, with the proper materials they fixed the dilapidated church, cracks no longer able to be seen as it looked as pretty as it had when built, the church itself having been turned into a sort of large guest accepting area, a visit/living room type accommodation.

Ukala herself had begun 'Clearing' the room underground, having had plenty of training in proper expansion due to her clan mining into caves all the time., once she got a large portion of the underground cleared out, she would hire other workers to come in and began to build and expand the stone walls and wooden floors, only putting the work she was into it because Ukala recommended that even when they move, they still rent out the church itself, and possibly create a family workshop and maintenance area in time, to lower the cost of equipment over the course of many years.

Hestia was nothing but smiles every day now, seeing how strong her children were growing, how both Ukala and Bell were already preparing for the future that her familia grows, to be a proper captain and Vice Captain.

It had been decided, that Ukala was the First Captain, her skills, experience, and overall capabilities made her a surefire way, and the fact Bell refused to accept it, he might have been here a few days longer than Ukala, but she was already his senior.

Bell in the two weeks given to him had improved by leaps and bounds, his body held more definition to it, his legs and hips a bit thicker with toned muscle along with his core much stronger, now capable of performing acrobatics when fighting.

His mana training had gone quite well too, not capable of creating solid mana yet, which was the next step of mana enhancement, and the step before being able to possibly start casting spells.

Ukala herself was really good at creating solid mana, which was useful in creating shields of pure mana, capable of fending off spells, arrows, and smaller melee weapons that did not have the ability to cast spells. She stressed that until they had someone who could properly teach them spells, not to worry about it as for now their strength was more than enough for the first 8 floors, which would allow them to train thoroughly and focus on bettering their tactics, gear, and overall space.

Today however was the day that Ukala had cleared Bell to start entering the dungeon with her, proud of his progress in training, as he was even more determined than some of the ones in her clan.

Tightening the gauntlet Ukala had bought, they were a heavy armored gauntlet that would allow her to block some attacks with her hands directly, as well as punch some smaller creatures to the side.

Hestia was watching them with a smile damn near splitting her face.

''Be careful, the both of you! Understood? Do good, and I might get a surprise, just for the two of my favorite children!'' Hestia stated proudly, her large chest jiggling as she stuck it out, the beautiful white sundress with blue lilies decorating the patterns really looked good on her.

''Goddess... We're your only children?'' Bell stated hesitantly as he finished his stretches.

Hestia, in her eternal glory, and unending kindness only beamed more with pride. ''Exactly! With means that I just love you ALLLL that much more!''

Ukala laughed, her soothing voice coming out as she mocked a salute. Followed by a much more serious salute by Bell.

''We're off Hestia-Sama, please enjoy working at Miach's store today.'' Ukala added.

It's not that she stopped selling food at the stall, but it was currently getting an upgrade to allow Hestia to be able to sell more treats that Ukala had taught her to cook and prepare. So occasionally she would work at Miach's store for free, in return getting a few potions to continue consuming with meals, something that Miach and his Captain, Naaza had begun to do as well.

Hestia saluted as well. ''I will! I hope the strawberry flavor is finished...'' She smiled before Hestia began to walk down the street towards Miach's store while Bell and Ukala began to sprint to the dungeon, getting their warm-up in along the way. Already having their lunch packed and everything ready including emergency potions they didn't need to stop for anything while they ran, Ukala keeping her gate at a steady pace so Bell could keep up.

Due to the location of the church, and the route they took to get to the dungeon quickly, it did make it so they had to briefly pass through the 'worse' side of town for a while.

It was while heading through the bad side of town that Ukala stopped, reaching out to catch Bell just as he passed to pull him backward as a rickety door came off the hinges followed by what looked to be a small girl crashing to the ground.

''THIS IS ALL YOU COLLECTED? Useless fucking brat, come here... I'll take the remaining month's payment out of your bod-''

Ukala had seen who it was, noticing it was Lili the support Bell originally found quite a bit later on in the story. Reaching back she pulled her large axe from the new holster she had made for it, bringing it forward the blade was against the throat as the man stepped out onto the stairs leading outside. Freezing him solid.

''Wh-...What? What are you doing? This is Soma Familia buisne-'' He stopped speaking as the blade was further put against his throat.

''Familia shouldn't be busting each other's asses like this... I knew the Soma Familia was lackluster, but to resort to abusing their own members? The guild will love to hear about this.''

That seemed to drain the color of the man's face, unlike what it seemed in the Manga and Anime, the Guild was actually a very large powerhouse.

As without their 'permission'. Familia weren't allowed to operate, and because of that, there were a very strict amount of rules in place. A long list of them as well, something Ukala had only perused.

Lili had gathered herself back up, clutching her large but empty backpack to herself as she stared at the two Adventures defending her. One large beautiful Orc woman with long black hair pulled in a warrior's braid, and another smaller boy with shocking white hair. Both of them looked ready to fight.

Bell moved forward to help her up, Lili hesitant, but accepting the support.

Ukala could feel that despite the hesitation, there was no clear 'hatred' in Lili's eyes... This must be before she started to hate adventures... Actually, if they weren't here would this have been the day it started? By the fact this man was undoing his belt while he came out of the house, he was planning to 'use' her body in a bad way.

Ukala's eyes were sharp as she looked from Lili back to the man and she spoke firmly. ''You're going to turn around and go back into that house. Forget what just happened, and move on with your day... Understood?''

The man gulped, nodding. He was a level two adventurer, but he felt... Genuine fear when he faced the Orc, even the brat beside her was dangerous, the way that the moment he had become a threat, Bell had already locked on to the points needed to kill him quickly.

These were the real deal so he began to pack up into the house.

Ukala turned to the girl and smiled. ''I'm Ukala, Captain of the Hestia familia, and this is Bell, Vice Captain of the Hestia familia.''

''I'm... I'm Lili, porter to the... Soma Familia.''

Bell's eyes widened, sparkling with innocence despite having just been ready to kill someone. ''Really? A porter! Are you for hire? Me and Ukala were just heading to the guild to find a support role to help us!''

Lili was, dazzled by the look Bell gave her, she had started to hate adventures recently, how they all looked on and just let her get beaten, let people abuse her. But, then two heroes appear before her like some sort of fairy tale.

Saving her view on Adventures just a little, most were bad, but there were some that were good... Since this was the most anyone had ever done for her... Even asking to hire her?

''I... I am for Hire..." Lili stuttered out, blushing as she realized she was still holding onto Bell's arm, the one he had offered to help her up with.

Ukala smiled, aware of eyes starting to look at them. ''Then let's head to the dungeon, discuss your payment while we walk?''

Lili nodded firmly, using that chance to slowly pull her hand away from Bell's arm, which was still a dazzling smile.

Ukala grinned as she stared at Bell, who noticed and grinned back as they began to walk. Bell was the ultimate wingman, he didn't even need to do anything but be himself and people flocked to him, with real Harem Protagonist charisma that radiated off him.

As they got out of the bad side of town, and nearer to the center of the city to the dungeon, Lili exclaimed.

''35%?! Just for offering support and picking up drops?!''

Her outburst made her embarrassed, covering her mouth as she looked down.

Bell laughed, while Ukala chuckled softly and nodded. ''Honestly, that is a starting price to see how well you mix with us, if you allow us to increase our efficiency, and make it so our diving goes easier, I'm willing to increase it to 45. Because if we take account of the profit we will make with you helping us, it won't matter too much.''

''Just... How much do you usually hunt?'' Lili asked.

''Ukala is great at conditioning herself, and knowing how to control her stamina and how active she is in moving, so she can usually go for about 8 hours! Depending on how well she does, and how often monsters spawn, she usually makes about 80-160K valis a day!''

Lili's eyes almost turned into swirls as she did the math.

35% of just 80 was around 28k valis...

''But, that was before I joined hunts, since I've been focused on training, and without needing to worry about spending time to pick up drops unless you need help, we should be able to vastly increase our Daily income!''

''Wait... You dive daily?'' Lili asked, flabbergasted.

''Yeah, Ukala hasn't taken a break from the dungeon except on Sundays to spend time with Hestia and I! Even then, she spends time training and planning the next week.''

''How do you... Keep yourself from getting tired?''

''A strict endurance training method that I am currently going through, using exercise, stretches, breathing exercises, and mana training one can increase the time they can go full steam, Ukala can only go as hard as she does because she's from the clan of orcs in Bael Mountain.''

It all fell into place for Lili, Ukala was from the 'That' clan, a clan she had only heard stories about.

She looked up at Ukala's large stature, stars in her eyes almost just like Bell's.

Bell grinned, rubbing at his nose with his index finger in self-satisfaction. Getting pride in noticing someone starting to notice just how cool his Captain was.


Like it? Add to library!
Looking to support me?
paypal.me/BeaulenSmith
https://www.patreon.com/BeauSmith
Check out my Webnovel
https://www.webnovel.com/profile/4313773437?appId=10

30