Ch 4 – Insectoid Robots
1.3k 4 25
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ch 4 - Insectoid Robots

The automatic door moved to the side followed by a whooshing sound. But as we left the laboratory, a group of cyborgs came to us. At least there were 10 of them.

"Stop right there," they said in unison with their robotic voices. They lifted their  Electron Phasers and pointed them at us, ready to shoot us.

Shea clicked her tongue in annoyance.

"Tch! I thought I already destroyed all of them."

We didn't have any choice except to fight them since the exit was behind them. 

But when I was about to fight them,  Shea suddenly moved her hand to the front.

"Destroy them!" She ordered her drones.

Since she had made her move and due to my curiosity about her class, I decided to observe her. 

Her drones rushed to those cyborgs. While they started to fire at the drones. 

Each drone fired its laser or Plasma Shield. The laser would burn the enemy while the plasma shield created a wall of force that protected them from the lasers.

However, the cyborgs were more numerous than we expected and the lasers weren't enough to kill all of them. Each time the lasers hit the cyborgs, they just kept going. Even when the plasma shield completely blocked the lasers, the cyborgs still fired their weapons. This gave the drones nowhere to go.

"Do you need my help?" I asked her.

"It's okay. I got this," she replied confidently.

Suddenly, the drones flew high and changed their form. They became giant insectoid robots. Its body was metallic gray in color and each of its limbs was equipped with a plasma shield.

- BAM!

They landed on the floor with a loud bamming sound. Their current form was much bigger than the cyborgs so they should be able to fight them.

My jaw dropped upon that sight. My shock was clear on my face. I had seen dragons, orcs, goblins, undead, and a lot of monsters, but I never saw something like this before.

"Shoot them!" Shea commanded her robots.

The robotic insects began firing at the cyborgs. With each shot, the cyborgs fell to the ground. 

The cyborgs tried to fight and shoot them back, but it wasn't effective anymore. They couldn't even scratch the insectoids.

As I watched, my eyes widened. It was the first time I saw something like this. It was impressive how the drones fought them. And after seeing them change forms, I realized that I had never seen anything like this in real life.

"Wow..." I said in admiration. I felt this urge to make a robot like them. I just needed to learn it a bit.

"You're impressed?" Shea asked. I could catch how proud she was from the tone of her voice.

"Yeah. They really are amazing," I said as I stared at the insectoids in awe.

"Thank you!" Shea said happily. "Now let's go!" she continued. 

"Are you gonna leave them?" I asked.

"They will come to me after they are finished," she answered as she quickly dragged me towards the exit. 

We quickly left the room and walked through the corridor. We soon reached a large room where several doors stood in front of us. There was a computer terminal in front of each door.

 "Follow me," she said.

When we approached it, the screen of the terminals lit up and it displayed the contents of the room.

─ Room #01 - Storage Area (Large)

─ Type: Storage

─ Contents: Weapons, Magic Items, and Craftables.

─ Item ID: 09533

─ Room #02 - Repair Shop (Small)

─ Type: Repair

─ Contents: Tools.

Room #03 - Laboratory (Large)

─ Type: Laboratory

─ Contents: Research Materials.

─ Item ID: 01097

─ Item #1: Raw Material: Dark Lord Crystal.

─ Item #2: Raw Material: Liquid Crystals.

─ Item #3: Raw Material: Dark Matter.

─ Item #4: Raw Material: Ovoid Crystals.

─ Item #5: Raw Material: Elemental Crystals.

While Shea was busy fiddling with the terminal for whatever reason. I focused on Raw Material #1. 

'Dark Lord Crystal?' I thought. I never heard anything about that. I knew Shea must have known something about it, but I couldn't ask her in this situation. 

I decided to wait until we got out of there before I asked her about it. 

Soon, her drones flew back to us. At the same time, she also finished with whatever she was doing.

"Done!" She declared. A clacking sound could be heard as the red light in front of each door glowed. 

"I have locked the doors and secured our escape path. Let's go!" She announced.

"Okay," I agreed.

Before we left, I took a peek into room #04. It was an empty room with no sign of life inside.

"Let's go!" Shea urged me as she opened the door in front of us.

Once again we ran through the white corridor. This time, I noticed that there were cameras placed on the ceiling. Something similar to CCTVs but more advanced. 

"I think they are watching us!" I warned her without stopping my steps.

"I already hacked their spy cameras. Don't worry!" answered Shea. 

But somehow I felt a couple of them still working. I looked at the ceiling and saw one camera moving toward us.

'That's not good!' So I did what I usually did when the enemy's spies came to me.

I snapped my fingers at the camera and used my skill.

'Lighting Bolt!'

A bolt of lightning shot from my finger and struck the camera. The camera exploded and scattered everywhere. 

"What's wrong?!" She asked in shock. Her concern was clear in the tone of her voice.

"Only got rid of a spy. Better safe than sorry," I said. After we passed the corridor, we finally got out of the building. I could see the sun in the clear sky. The wind brushed our faces. 

But rather than relief, we stopped our steps and swept our gaze around us. In front of us, the cyborgs had lined up and pointed their weapons at us. There were at least 50 of them.

Another chapter (⁠・⁠∀⁠・⁠)

Axl

25