Great Strike Exia – Episode 25 – part1
2 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

 

Chapter  <ⅩⅩⅤ>

Part 1

   The City was ablaze. 

 

   Sirens howling.

 

   Citizens of capital Tron filed out of the streets in terror, fleeing under the guidance of the police while the firefighters contained the raging flames from engulfing the streets and buildings with little to no avail.

 

  Something was burning the city deep from the inside.

 

 Towering walls of light, like still luminescent veils twice the altitude of the highest of towers flaring in many colors, circling capital Tron in a holy yet ominous glow.

  Navy soldiers of the Xin-an fleet watched over their decks, stupefied with riveted gazes of amazement as that of horror.

 

  But none of the arched walls of thin luminance could outshine that one pure sphere of sheer excellence floating atop the Freedom and Justice Memorial Tower apex, dawning shafts of pale light like an everlasting Beacon of deliverance. 

 

  King Murong Fu of Xin-an had never seen anything like this before and all he could relate from his imagination to what beheld his eyes were the sacred descriptions of blessed Herunia, bathing among many colors, swirling as the All Mother Yuidis give birth to one more Miracle upon resplendent Light Hearts. 

 

  “ … what in the name of Holy Yuidis…”

 Once stoic King Murong now stood before his awestruck men and fleet, succumbing to the modern display of revelating powers beyond conventional knowledge. 

 

  “ That, in her grace Yuidis the All mother’s holy words, is Blessed Herunia, my King.”

 

  Murong Fu spun around, meeting eyes with the flaming pupils of his old mentor, a monk in a deep orange toga hanging oblique through this religious elder’s broad chest. Large bulky hands clasping in prayer as the aged monk whispered humbly the ancient scriptures under his breath.

  Monk Joe Mazha had served the Murong house as prince mentor and chamberlain for decades like his predecessors before him and followers after, but never would he imagine being the one among generations of Xin-an Monkhood to bear witness to the blossoming of the sacred realm of Herunia.

  Old Joe was merely here as a mentor and strategist substituting late Bau Butong’s duties after strategist Bau’s glorious sacrifice to end the war of Liao Coast in chapter 6.

 

  And it was the same Parusefor knights that had assisted in the Liao coast battle that had called for Murong’s aid hours before to save Kingdeniom afront the Illuminatus treachery, to stand by the people’s side for a cause much larger than politics and self-profit.

  Joe Mazha was the one that assured King Murong to set off and aid the Parusefors in Tron, thinking that aiding the ancient tribes would benefit the alliance with the Parusefors and stabilize Fu’s reign overall.

 

  Never would old Joe Mazha expect to see heaven open its gates on top of Tron.

 

  “ Something’s amiss.” Murong Fu consulted his mentor and chamberlain, still in shock at what he saw.

  “ Sven said it is the Illuminatus League raging war under the disguise of Tron legitimacy. He mentioned nothing about Great Runes drawing over the burning capital and Herunia opening in the sky !”

 

  “ It would need three generations of benevolence to catch a glimpse of the holy light of Herunia, my lord.”

  Joe Mazha was on his knees now, lowering his upper torso down to a kowtow before the blazing capital.

  “ We are blessed, as we are accountable to the duties we as humble Light hearted children must partake.”

 

  “ Which is ?”

 

  “ To safeguard our roots of Light from sacrilegious felons, my king. The Illuminatus League has passed the threshold none of us should tread, and profaned our beliefs. They must be stopped.” 

 

  Murong Fu understood and motioned to his generals Deng Bai Tsuan the black dog and Chuan Guan Ching the cocky new strategist.

  “ To Tron, I say! Lead the men, secure the capital, and bring down this League !”

 

  As the Xin-an troops alighted their fleet, they realized they were not the only allies of the capital.

 

  Flags of Isandor swirled atop the armies led by Hector Zefield the Iron bull among men that escorted the Tron residents out of the blazing city to the safe suburbs.

  Gasolia of the Gaso fiefdom was also there, making straight paths for the Tron people to leave the city as they marched onward towards the searing Freedom and Justice Memorial tower in the center of all the unexplainable mystic phenomena. 

 

  Old Joe Mazha nodded with a smile and kowtowed some more in gratitude

“ May your exalted light guide us, All Mother. May your light guide us.”

……….

  Kingdeniom.

 

  Oh, great Kingdeniom.

  Standing before the beacon of light that was once the Freedom and Justice Memorial Tower, now a protruding gateway to the ancient miracles, Asuka Line Zeta lord Hikaru bathed under the warm lights of many colors, arms spread wide accepting each and every glow from above.

 

  He wished his people could understand the joy he now felt, one of departing with the old ways, the brutal savage nature, and embracing the new age. A New evolutionary system of Peace, For Peace, By Peace.

 

  His father Lasvet has cast a shadow over Tron for too long.

 

  Now is the time for new light to dawn on this country with utmost grace. 

 

  Some may call him a gambler, a zealot believer of the Illuminatus League’s unceremonious ways of undermining the natural orders of the world even.

  Asuka accepted these names, for he was sure after his deed was done, they will be calling him by another name.

 

  Savior.

 

  Asuka Hikaru motioned for Yukari his stewardess to bring his Prime armor of bronze ornate with an ultramarine cloak at the back to him, along with his weaponry. Silently hiding her reluctance, Yukari still helped Asuka don his ruling bright robes and armor.

 

  “ I will ride with you.”

 Asuka Line Zeta Lord spoke grandly to Yukari and his Tron legions all.

  “ And show you my vision. Follow me, To Kingdeniom Anew !!!!”

 

  “ TO KINGDENIOM ANEW !!!!!”

his Tron men answered, marching with their Prime minister, raising the barricade over the memorial tower higher and thicker three-fold, mustering the Tron forces all to secure the League’s final step to greatness.

……….

  As his legions tended the wounded civilians, Hector Zefield rushed off with his trained knights on motor horseback, mecha horses if you will, down the Tron boulevards in a frenzied rush, aching to see his daughter Nina safe among the flames of chaos.

 

  Hector saw his daughter right after making a turn to the main road. Among the wreak, Nina staggered up the ashen rubble with firm arms supporting her to her feet.

  Firm arms of a dude that stood close to Nina’s side.

  Rather too close to Hector Zefield’s liking.

 

  Lord Zefield flew off his mecha ride and stomped his way forth loudly.

 

  “ Ninaaaaa !!”

  Hector Zefield hollered, his voice echoing over Tron.

 

  “ Father ?!?!”

  Nina Zefield was both elated and worried to see her old man appearing on the raging battlefield.

 

  Griffon, standing next to Nina, quickly let go of his hands off Nina and stood a step further away sheepishly.

 

  “ Father, it’s…not safe here. The Archdemon has unleashed its power over the Exia Runes across the city! And the Tron armies…”

 

  The flags of Tron neared from all sides. Under the command of the new Prime Minister Asuka Line Zeta to snuff out the revolting rebels that sought to interfere with the country’s so-called “evolution”.

 

  “ It will all be taken care of, Nina.” 

Old Hector Zefield held his daughter close calmly, patting her on the head, and ruffled the ash and dust off Nina’s long dark hair proudly.

  “ House Zefield has never been more proud. Here, have a rice ball.”

 

  As Nina gobbled the rice ball whole, the armies of Isandor had arrived and circled the boulevards in an offensive array around their lord Hector Zefield, facing the Memorial Tower with their arsenals raised.

 

  “ Can you still fight ?” 

  Zefield grunted to the silent Griffon, who nodded back quickly.

 

  “ Good.” Hector Zefield then drew out his huge Ootachi, resting this oversized katana on his shoulder, a mighty weapon with a handle as huge as a log and its blade as wide as a chainsaw stretching out the length of half a bus. 

  “ Fight with me.” 

  Zefield bade before charging with his cavalry of iron horses, alongside the Griffon and Nina against the Tron arrays.

  Horns of the south blew as Zefield and his men advanced, heralding the joining armies of Xin-an and Gaso that swarmed alongside them, clashing against the Tron defense and pressing hard toward the Memorial tower square.

  In that very instant, Monk Joe Mazha saw, that all men are brothers. Fighting the same enemy, for one home, Kingdeniom, and it was good.

 

  But not good enough, for underneath the crumbled skyscrapers, bursting out with flame and demonry, shacking the lands and men in its wake, The Archdemon Ark’arios rose once more from the destruction it has caused. 

  Huge and herculean the Demon Lord has become, under the radioactive influences of the Great Strike Exia Rune that blazed over Tron soil. The first steps of the Illuminatus League’s plans were complete, using the Exian powers they extracted from the Rune bearers into the Memorial Tower and projecting the Great Rune over the city, blanketing the field with Exian energy for the Ark’arios to break all limits, including the gates of blessed Herunia.

 

  With its one mammoth clawed fist, the Ark’arios smashed a fraction of the Great Strike Exia Rune embedded in the shattered cement pavement and sunk its sharp fingers deep into the steaming multicolored substance, scooping it up beastly and devouring the Exia Rune shards like a rabid bear savoring wild honey.

   One scoop after another, from eating from its hands into crouching head first and gnawing at the thick wide Runes blazing before it, swallowing whole chunks of energy until the Demon Lord was no longer an enlarged humanoid, but a towering winged dragon being, doubling a pair of even larger wings spewing demonic black lava as they flapped tornadoes at the heroes’ alliance.

  Its legs tripled in thickness like cabins of stone and its arms bulged and magnified, combusting in black flame with a faint hint of the many colors it ate from the Strike Exia Rune. A long tail protruded at the back, spikes of deadly venom growing longer and longer as it swiped left and right, plunging any last remaining building into rubble. 

  The devilish snout prolonged into a close resemblance to a wolf combined with a gruesome alligator, with endless rows of sharp long fangs running down to the rear end of its jaws. Red eyes tripling in pairs flaring with many colors all at once, seven pupils each of one color of the seven Great Exia Runes dazzled within each eye of that giant dark form of utmost demonry that crawled forth at the stupefied armies of Xin-an, Gaso, and all, shaking earth and sky with each step smashing its way forth. 

  The truest form of the Archdemon, the vilest existence ever known to light-hearted kind, risen once more to cause tragedy and devour light from innocent souls. Hauling vehicles and trampling over Xin-an ballistas, facing any faction that dared come across its fury path returning them with brute force like avalanches of demonry and wrath. Speed flashing like lightning zigzagging its large sharp frame into a blur; strength bludgeoning with rancor upon all, one-shotting any that strayed a foot too close to its two-meter radius. 

  Not even Tenmei Akiro our man could withstand the Ultimate Form of the Archdemon Overlord one more turn had a voice not called that halted the Ark’arios’ murderous scourge. 

  “ ARK’ARIOS !!!!!”

  A brave shout stunned the Demon overlord at its crushing path.

 

  The Ark’arios spun around.

  “ You will hurt no one…Under my watch tonight !!”

  At first, the military units saw that it was a small tiny high school girl that dared shout at the Ending beast, but under closer speculation, they saw it was a girl in illuminating turquoise armor, glowing like a deity with her blue curled hair slowly floating in mid-air as if the atmosphere around this young sacred girl was different from all the other parts of burning Tron.

 

  The army men stared at the blue-green light around Miula Haru that glowed out within her, comforting their light souls greatly in this trying moment of grand showdown. 

 

  Tenmei Akiro knew it wasn’t just Haru that had cried out to the berserk Ark’arios. 

 

  But also the Seed, Sora.

 

  Slow but steady, Tenmei rose back to his feet, and stood next to Haru, letting his Blue Exia Rune Sword and shield blaze in his hand alongside the soothing Light emanating from Haru.

  “ They…betrayed you…SORA! !”

 

  The Ark’arios roared in fury, in sorrow.

 

  “ All of them, descendants of Nero that hunt you down by the orders of Skylord !!!!

And the offspring of Keiken and his followers…!! They never cared about you…about Us !!!

 

  They pushed you down that cliff !!! To Seal you away out of fear and Hatred !!!!!!

 

  Now you stand by their side ?!?!?! Nursing their spawn ?!?!?!?!”

  It was, all written in the ancient lore, Joe Mazha remembered, as the Monk gasped in revelation among the terrified folk.

 

  The Skylord, ruling the earth from his skies of tyranny, sent the Starchilds, the first twelve Parusefor ancients to hunt down the Sky Princess that snatched away his ultimate weapon of rule, fleeing to the lands and eventually falling in love with one of her twelve assailants. 

 

  Rio was the one that defected the Parusefor Ancients, helping the Sky Princess Sora in her escape, but both were tragically separated at the very end.

  Betrayed by the treacheries of Kai, the first Keiken, that led to Sora Sky Princess’ fall into Herunia, becoming forever a prisoner of the Eternal Engine. Rio, in his fit of rage, knowing his beloved had been taken cast away the Starchild ways and forged himself with Demon Blood, thus becoming a Demon of his own, The Ark’arios.

 

  Legends and holy scriptures sang of the Ark’arios’ descent, but never its demise, for none had ever successfully slain the Archdemon Lord, only weakening it under holy seals that were shattered by the Illuminatus League to usher their plans to tear Herunia apart.

  Now this vengeful Demon has reached its ultimate form, ready to claim the lives of the descendants of those that have wronged his loved one.

  Instead of anger, The Seed Sora gently answered through Haru with grave earnestness to her lost angered beloved with words of truth.

 

  “ They did not push me down, Rio.” 

 

  Sora inhaled deeply before she finally replied.

 

  “ I made that jump into Blessed Herunia. For I am the ultimate weapon of my Father.”

  The Full grown Archdemon, as frightening as it seemed, couldn’t hide its shock from its devilish demeanor.

 

  “ What……YOU…?!?!”

 

  His vengeance was wrongly placed. His age-long hatred towards all life and lifeless, was invalid through that one truth.

 

  Never having the chance to clarify herself to her love, Sora had decided to imprison herself eons ago, to keep the Skylord’s weapon away from reach, hiding it deep in Herunia’s safe blessing. Until now.

  “ My father…The Skylord’s ultimate weapon is his knowledge, his memories of the Old Earth that were all kept in me. His all-knowing understanding of the ancient wisdom before the Fall is too harmful than the good it would ever bring. I have to protect the light children from it, from themselves, from Me. I can’t let the minority destroy the path of the whole!”

 

  “ They All deserve Destruction !!”

 With a heave that bludgeoned down like a moon crashing down onto earth’s surface, The Ark’arios Ultima’s fist landed down on solid cement, sending rubble flying in all directions.

  

  Tenmei broadened his Exia Rune shield and blocked the soaring minerals away from Haru and the Seed.

  Even Hassan Hellsing, Sven, Riella, and the Parusefor knights all gathered in a fortified circle array, surrounding Haru at their center.

 

  Roaring with might that could shack the heavens and sorrow like waves that could flood continents, Ark’arios won’t stop questioning in agony.

  “ There is Nothing between You and them petty spawns! There is no duty in this! Why are you siding with them ?! These Insignificant Kind ?!!”

 

  “ They Are Not Insignificant !!”

 

  With a clearance like a silent echo that spread across the battered scene, Sora voiced with a power that calmed the frenzied waves and a purity that seemed to have cleansed the ash-filled atmosphere.

 

  “ I have watched from the beacons of Herunia, stories, lives of Light-Hearted children for years, decades, centuries. 

  They have strived, conquered, lost, and failed. Eons throughout, they accomplished many, and lost more. But never have they stopped trying.

  “ I see with my own eyes the smile of a young mother giving birth to her first child, a first step so critical in the cycle of nature that seemed all too common by now, never ceases to amaze me of their courage to face and overcome fears and hardships they never thought they could. Achieving Miracles through their own power.

  I see the joy in their smiles when they learn more of nature’s gifts, crafting with bear hands their homes. From caves with fur quilts to towering skyscrapers, even Islands in the sky, they built through perseverance. Even though they have failed countless times, they still try and try, and try.

  “ But I also see war, death, and conflict. Cruel attempts to swart their enemies, forgetting that they were given Light by the same mother. Only when suffering from failing to subdue their primal beasts, did they learn through their faults and try to be better.

 

  I see in their lives, their struggles, their joy, their hate, their love, 

 

  I see us.

 

  We are them, and they us. 

 

  We share a bond, from our past that inspires them to go beyond, we too can learn from their resolve.

  When even the impossible can be achieved through their sheer will and brave little light hearts, surely, Surely We, as their guardians, their ancients with greater power, must strive more for what we hold accountable.”

 

  Sora circled around the people, the light-hearted children around, looking at them all with great pride, while they listened to her, like a song singing of their past endeavors and admirable deeds.

  Her voice reached deep into all their shining hearts, unifying them albeit their differing factions, birth, and beliefs, with the rhythmic soothing cadence of her words connecting their light, resonating their glowing frequencies into one sea of sparkling light hearts, standing before the unstoppable Archdemon of dark.

 

  They too, the people believed they are one, with Herunia, and all that were born from within.

 

  “ In their eyes, I see the determination to protect this home they built by hand, to protect those they dear in heart. 

  I see the glow of Hope, the very color of Herunia residing in all of them. 

  And though this duty to help them may be but self-decided, I am obliged with great pride to be by their side to protect our home, our Reality, and prove once more, our worth through the Epic Stories we live out with our limited Light Hearts !”

 

  

  Haru knew the Seed entering her prior diminishing life had a reason. Showing her through this short but marvelous journey with the people she met, the new encounters, adventures, and events that had happened all across Kingdeniom, to prove to her that life has meaning, and is worth striving for.

 

  Tenmei Akiro too was pretty moved, by the notion that all their struggles for a better world and tomorrow are never in vain.

  Reminding Tenmei of his stepfather Tenmei Tarou, who has passed down his legacy, his Epic down to him in the form of the Blue Exia Rune.

  It need not an expert on Archdemons to see that Ark’arios has faltered, and given in to the words spoken by his brave beloved.

  With one fist half raised at first, now slammed back down to the rubbled ground, crouching in conversing calm silence before Sora.

 

  “ I would never hurt you.”

 

 The Ark’arios grunted in a deep discontent snarl.

 

  “ But they will. Guarding this Herunia which they never will cease to crack open shall result indefinitely your peril. Still, you would not leave them be?  Just watch as they seal their own fates ?”

 

  “ They will definitely crack the codes of Herunia someday.”  Sora agreed with a solemn smile.

  “ But this is not how it is meant to be. Not through upheaval, not through destruction, and risking the whole continuity of this Reality Plane. The ways of today will endanger not only their future but ours as a whole. This, I cannot stand by and watch.”

 

  

  “ Does that mean…Herunia might break if this goes on ?”

  Tenmei Akiro, our man asked shyly with a raised hand, out of all the silent folk around.

 

  “ No…”

 

  Sora’s expression turned extremely dark at that one curious question.

 

  “ …Herunia will break this Reality first, to save itself.”

  

 

………….

  His exploits have just exceeded even Kaburagi Shisei himself’s expectations.

 

  The pale hole, glistening over its rim with faint colors of all existing hues, is the gateway to the one thing that powers the League’s magnanimous motivations.

 

  Enlightenment.

 

  Light-hearted children, had finally found their way to forge their own miracles.

  Leaving Mio behind on the chained crucifix for the first time this night, Kaburagi Shisei, Grand disciple and Spokesman of the Illuminatus League stepped forth to the swirling orifice of sheer light.

  Toshiumi Al Seraphim, Lord of all that is Golden, crouching after the initial blow of the opening of Herunia, rose slowly to seize his chance in saving Mio his wife.

  Varche Scrirroco, King of Tereminas and Lord of the Red Exian Rune, rose with his bro and saw that Herunia of the miracles is right before his eyes. The way to save Milina, and resurrect his love is within arm’s reach!

 

 

  Before Kaburagi Shisei could set his hands on the swirling ball of Light, the side of his eye caught glimpse of a red cyclone bursting from the side.

  Varche spinning like a top, both arms clad with laser red Pata sabers, like a bloody hurricane clashing against the League Disciple, who parried a thousand blows with his Gyouma force, like a stone cliff unrelenting towards the ruthless tempest.

  But Shisei’s firm stance was broken by a savage force that yanked his ankle forward, teetering his balance and the Kaburagi fiend toppled, forcing his balance back by flying up to the night sky, seeing that an orange energy lasso was coiled around his ankle.

  Nison Char, the Hardened, the repented, the Renounced vagabond, and League puncher, like a fisherman catching a big sturgeon, pulled his conjured orange Energy lasso back with all his vagabond might, swinging the League Spokesman out of his guard down towards the ground. But the Grand Disciple, master of the Gyouma force is not to be trifled with.

 

  Inhaling so deep, like swallowing all the black of the night, Kaburagi Shisei Starslayer mustered his Gyouma wrath, and emitted them like a hydrogen bomb, blowing the Memorial Tower apex clean with incinerating heat, shuddering the whole obelisk as Nison and Varche were slapped to the far edges of the attic.

 

  Kaburagi Shisei landed before the bright opening of Herunia victoriously.

 

  “ You are all unworthy.”

 

  The League spokesman chuckled maniacally, speaking for the League and himself.

 

  “ The Secrets of Herunia, belongs only to the enlightened, to the Illuminatus League !!!”

  

  

  Before Toshiumi himself was able to join the fight against this insane Illuminatus Master, a sizzling sound rattled from within his earpiece. Then came the startled voice of Kingseeker Rang his military strategist.

 

  “ My King….! Grave tidings…..!!”

 the muffled voice of Rang spoke urgently from the other side.

 

  “ I know. The Great Strike Exia Rune was planted under Tron. The League has been waiting for us Exain Lords to come and power it up.”

  Toshiumi Al Seraphim awesomely sighed at his own misjudgment in letting the Illuminatus League gather an ample amount of Exia power through his arrival.

  But his determination to save Mio his beloved stays the same.

 

  “ But I am not retreating, without bringing Mio with me !”

 

  “ King…the Great Exia Rune is not of urgency compared to….” 

The communication line was unstable, and Rang’s voice was quickening by the second.

 

  “ …That portal…something of high energy density….is coming out of that hole….!!!!”

  Looking forth, Toshiumi could see the hole of light before Kaburagi’s Shisei’s presence, 

 

  slightly bulge out.

 

  A reaching transparent blob containing the cosmos slowly snaked out of the light, as another one protruded faster than the first. 

  Like two thick fingers yanking the white portal wider with a skyrocketing force that tore the pale portal in the air into a large cracking fissure with immense force.

 

  As Kaburagi Shisei stepped two steps away from the cracked portal, 

 

  more and more transparent thick tentacles started slithering out sentiently, more and more with a blink of an eye the portal was now filled with nothing but gliding long alien appendages, striking violently as if breaking out of its womb for air.

 

  Even Kaburagi Shisei sensed an impending danger that he could not immediately contain and rushed to secure Mio, only to see that the iron crucifix stood alone, the chains on the sides shattered to burning pieces.

 

  The League spokesman turned around, to see he was alone. Alone with this outlandish tentacled creature of sheer light and stars, bursting its way out to the open with carnal thirst and raw berserk hunger, slamming its thickening snake-like protrusions furiously with extreme evergrowing propulsions.

 

  The portal of light, cracking like thin glass, its shattering echoed throughout nighttime Tron, 

 

  Like the bells of doom counting down at all their wakes.

……….

  Sora’s eyes widened in panic.

 

  Haru too felt the Seed’s fear but wasn’t sure what caused such trepidation to the emissary of Herunia.

 

  Then, it started to descend.

 

   “ What the…..” gasping at the sight,  fingers pointing above in the Freedom and Justice Memorial Tower’s direction.

 

  There, at the top of the tower, underneath the long enlarging cleft breaking upon the skies, 

 

  The one humongous cosmic entity of Stardust and Light Runes,

 

  floated down in graceful excellence, descending under shafts of divine Light, dazzling the night into day with its mere presence.

  

  A round dome-shaped bell, the size of four football fields combined, made of pure glass-like substance crowned the top and mostly half of its body, galaxies swimming underneath the clear shell alongside golden Runes that formed and dissolved and written again on its own sentience upon the glass-like umbrella harboring the surpassing being.

  Long thin extensions spread underneath the crown, where a ring of sheer stardust and esoteric Runes wrought by energies of Light and Power circled the middle portion of the beast, where the tentacles swayed gently downward to the surface, groping slowly and benignly at its protruding cement surroundings, curling its thicker tentacles onto skyscrapers while its thinner, more numerous tendrils slithered and snaked about, as if searching, craving for something it could not see as the whole being lowered down towards the earth.

 

  The first thing that came to Haru’s mind, was short footage of a jellyfish she saw on television when she was young, swimming lazily under the sea, mindlessly floating along the waves and currents.

 

  Much like this Large Creature of Light, floating its way down with crawling tentacles.

  As all of Tron stood in silence, watching this beautiful deity move in grace and sublime, 

  The entity then started to howl.

  Its screech pierced the heavens like a thousand sharp needles proliferating nonstop, shooting into their ears from the cleft of light above.

  But it was not the audible excruciating shriek that dimmed all powerless, but what that cannot be heard. A sound that emitted alongside the high-pitched cry that is unable to block nor hide.

  A low moan, so low, so obscure, hiding under the shoutings indiscernible but surely there, rumbling not just their eardrums, but the waves' frequencies of their light hearts.

  Resonating with the hearts, sending ripples across their veins to their vital organs, halting the pulsating rhythm and overriding it with nonstop tremor, vibrating unremittingly with every cell in their body, each sinew of their muscles.

 

  Breaking them Light children from the inside.

 

  Tenmei Akiro felt his turn light as a feather as his senses descend, slamming onto solid ground that felt no pain whatsoever. His nerves were rattling, numb, and his vision blurred.

  Everyone around him was feeling the same dread limbo. A confusing demise without knowing what happened to them before the world darkened.

 

  Suddenly, violent jolts pulled Tenmei back to reality as his world swam back to burning Tron, sitting on the warm cement, dizzy and nauseous.

  His hand was wet with viscous bright liquid and realized it was the blood from his nose, running like a stream down to his trousers.

  The sight of that small pool of his own blood scared Tenmei back to his senses.

 

  Haru’s silhouette appeared before his eyes. The blue curls dangled above as her deep ultramarine eyes stared down at Tenmei like he just died before her eyes.

 

  “ What just happened…?!?!" Tenmei Stammered in terror, looking around at all his comrades now sick to the core, streams of thin blood flowing out their facial orifices.

  Griffon was vomiting nearby as Nina helped him stand.

  Sven like most of the Parusefor knights supported themselves upon their weapons which were stabbed to the ground, like overcoming a hangover that hit like a truck.

 

  

  The Alien emissary of Herunia however had stopped its deadly moan, hovering above the skyline as it healed one of its severed thick tentacles, growing back to its full length.

 

  Apparently, someone, or something, had stopped the Herunis Jellyfish from screaming by ripping one of its tentacles off.

 

  Who might that be…Tenmei wondered if there is a way to actually stop this Ultimate Divine Weapon.

 

  “ What was that…? That sound…?” Nina asked painfully as Griffon went on vomiting by her shoulder.

 

  “ …It’s…a wave attack…” Varis stammered, her armored frame bent in great agony with both arms groping her insides painfully. As invincible as her homunculus body may be, the attack still broke her insides tremendously nonetheless.

  “ …Resonating…with our core…like exploding from…inside…”

  “ Infrasound.”

 

  Sora’s voice was grim, her eyes fixed on the now-healed Jellyfish-like deity floating above.

  “ Many dangerous secrets were hidden within Herunia’s layers. Some of them are equipped as weaponry to defend Herunia from those that try to defile its sacred ground.”

  “ Damn…” Luka spat a mouthful of light blood to a side.

  “ Speaking of security….”  standing up straight with much effort, Luka tried hard to stay strong. But Tenmei could see her legs trembling in fear and pain.

 

  Haru looked at all the terribly wounded soldiers and friends around her, shocked and pained by the sight, but not as surprised by the fact that she was not affected at all by the unseen damage.

  “ You have my protection.” Sora the Seed whispered to Haru gently

“ But even so, We must stop it.”

 

  “ What is IT ???”

  Haru begged for a solid answer. Everyone was begging the same.

 

  “ No matter What it is…Kill It I Shall !!!”

 

  “ Rio, No…You must not !”

  Sora the Seed gasped in horror.

 

  Lo, all their eyes turned to the one towering being of Demon Lord, standing tall before them light-hearted kind, its muscular double-winged back facing them as a huge long transparent cosmic blob the Archdemon grabbed tightly with all ten claws sinking deep into the jelly-like substance in its bulky hands.

 

  No doubt, the thing Ark’arios clenched hard was a tentacle of some kind that doesn’t belong to this plane of reality.

  Clear skinless form, twice the length of the Ark’arios and thicker than a bus, like water snaking slowly with sentience, harboring purplish stardusts and twinkling of the planets within that thick appendage, glowing from within and from the golden never-before-seen Runes engraved and floating upon the transparent tentacle.

 

  And from one end, where the cosmic tentacle broke from its full body, a large orifice leaked shimmering goo of stardust over the ground, oozing onto the cracked roads a pool of pure light.

 

  All eyes were riveted onto the alien tentacle, not yet realizing the owner of the severed limb was snaking down closer from above.

 

  “ By Jove, here it comes again !!” Griffon vomited once more at the sight as they all pulled out their weapons.

   Guns were pointed at the Huge Jellyfish of Light, cannons below and above hoisted on tanks and aircraft alike, all aimed at the sacred creature’s dome-shaped head.

  Quick like lightning, Sora flew up to face the aggressive armies behind Haru and shouted as loud and in haste as she could.

 

  “ Stop thy weapons! Cease your fire! Do not try to fight it !”

 

  “ What are you talking about ?!” Luka couldn’t believe her ears, raising a bazooka herself alongside her zombie doll arms that were armed to the teeth.

“ That Jellyfish nearly just blew our brains out! And now you want us to stand by and watch it rape us all ?!”

 

  “ That’s not what I meant…!”

Sora tried to explain but the arsenals were set and the cannon turrets were loaded with beam canisters.

 

  Though Sora’s words heed no audience, Haru surely felt the Seed’s fear, and through the mental realm and the astral connections between the two girls, Haru caught a vague glimpse of the alarming vision Sora had witnessed what this Herunis Deity can achieve eons ago.

  And it was an unpleasant sight to behold, yet the way to resolve this sacred creature’s wrath is right there all along.

 

  As the arms raised in unison, the Hydrozoan Deity of Light sensed their animosity and slightly floated upwards with a small push of its thick tentacles, making a move none could anticipate the next.

  And before any could predict the coming, all forces resorted to arms and projectile weaponry, gathering the sprouting rockets in the sky all plunging onto one direct globular target in the middle of Tron, raining havoc upon the creature of Light.

 

  Foams of flame erupted before the black clouds surfaced. Like lush red blossoming affirmations over the urban skyline, spreading out from which the Jellyfish abomination hovered above, sending searing shockwaves across the building sides that shattered the glass outworks and blew the heavy rubbles aside as the invisible knockback swiped across the city square, pushing the resistance back numerous feet away.

 

  After a long minute of foreboding suspense, 

 

  did all see the bright yellowish globe of light shimmer once more under the dispersing rust, unscathed at the moment of its descent. 

………..

   The lands of Vilencia had fortified the North for decades. Through negotiating with the other warlords and Tron forces, King Phaldemon Filediak had learned in his years of ruling, the way of differentiating friend and enemy.

  But what just appeared out of the sky and showered agony into their hearts and ears need not his years of expertise for Phaldemon Filediak to confirm that this Monster from the beyond is a downright enemy of Light-hearted Kind.

  And a formidable one in that regard.

 

  To his airship fleets hovering above Tron skies, Phaldemon King turned to his men furiously and roared the command once more.

 

  “ FIRE !!!!!!!”

 

  Cannons erupted from rows and rows of flying battleships as energy balls and sharp armor-piercing projectiles shot out full speed out of the iron turrets, sailing in downward arches and all colliding into the one target, The Deity of Light.

 

  Strategist Rang stood right behind Phaldemon King, focused on the monitor screen that showed all gunfire shells have landed on the designated target. The Vilencian men cheered as they reloaded the second round of offense.

  Yet, the energy readings on Rang’s tabloid suggested otherwise.

 

  “ Lord Phaldemon, turn on the energy shields !!!” Rang cried urgently.

“ It’s about to fight back !!”

 

  “ How ?! Its tentacles won’t reach us !!” Phaldemon King inquired in wonder, but still, have his men switch the fleet shields on.

 

  “ It’s energy feedback, Lord Phaldemon,” Rang explained through his tabloid readings to all 

“ It is absorbing the impact, and shooting back at us !!”

 

  As soon had Rang finished, the Vilencian Herald on deck shouted immediately in distress.

 “ Enemy beams incoming !!!!!!”

 

  The cabin shuddered, rocking violently left to ride as King Phaldemon and his men tumbled onto their buttocks while the roaring of the beams echoed among the ship’s cabin, hitting straight at the fleets that had just attacked, penetrating the shields with beams of light and purplish cosmic tornadoes, blasting airships left and right into fireballs that sank down, crashing into the abandoned suburbs below.

 

  Phaldemon prayed for his own life.

 

  “ King !!” Andrew Alesdale hurried to his monarch’s rescue.

“ Look !!! The Awesome has returned !!”

 

  Well said, Rang sighed in relief, as the dastardly beam of the Herunis deity aiming at Phaldemon’s flagship curved upwards to the sky as if colliding with an unbreakable bastion that is Toshimi Al Seraphim, Lord of the Golden Exia, King of Gold, Brave of Zabanya and Savior of Zilandia, parrying the cosmic laser beam with his blade drawing out at the opportune moment, changing fate’s course and saving the Lords of the North once again.

 

  Terminas Tech shields also flew down to aid the fleets of Vilencia, pushing the airship away from harm as Varche Scrirocco King of the Red Exia landed majestically next to his sworn brother.

 

  There, in Toshiumi’s warm arm as the Golden Lord just performed a perfect parry with one hand, Mio Al Seraphim, ladyship of the Golden Company, woke up from her imprisoned slumber and knew that her beloved husband had achieved one more Awesome feat.

 

  Looking overhead, Mio immediately laid eyes on the chaos and turmoil her brother had caused upon the good world.

 

  “ What My brother caused must be stopped. Let me help, Toshiumi.”

 

  Seeing that nothing in this world could stop his wife’s stubborn resolve to help those in need as much as she could, Toshiumi awesomely agreed.

 

  “ Valar Aurelius !!!” 

 Toshiumi called heroically in ancient Kingdeniom Tongue, rallying his Golden Company of capable men in Mobile Walkers riding Mobile Armored horses with the two powerful words that stood for Brave Golden Legion.

  “ Realza’et Somaris !!! Rize like the Sun, brothers !!!! TO ME ! ! ! ! ! !”

 

  And Lo!

 

  Toshiumi Al Seraphim drew his blade,  his faithful ever-burning katana Kouzuki the sun flame, and shouted to the heavens.

  “ Toshiumi Al Seraphim,  Ba’tou !!!!"

  As you should know by now, the meaning of Ba and Tou in the ancient Kingdeniom tongue, stands for the unsheathing of the blade, a call to epic war.

 

  And so did suit all of Toshiumi’s golden clansmen, ready to show their valiance.

 

  Roy Mustangoo, The first mate and second of King Toshiumi, master chief of the Golden Company, was next to draw his blade. 

 

  “ Roy Mustangoo,  Ba’tou !!"

 

  The brothers under the Flaring sun followed one after another,  shouting their names with honor as they showed their blades to the light. 

 

  “ Domyoujii, Ba’tou !!"

 

  " Enomoto, Ba’tou !!"

 

  " Hidaka, Ba’tou !!"

 

  " Kamo, Ba’tou !!"

 

  “ Oreed, Ba’tou !!"

 

  " Stentor Aramis,  Batouuuuu !!!!"

 

  and as chivalrous as the men in golden armor,  riding their mobile walkers riding mecha horses. 

 

  Her Ladyship Mio Al Seraphim too,  drew her blade of dark elegant star steel, calling to all.

 

  “ Mio Al Seraphim,  Ba’tou !!"

  And the Golden Company was ready. 

 

  “ ...Reeve Lowangleen...Ba Tou…!"

 

  Reeve Lowangleen,  hero of Peach Blossom mount and new member of the Golden host,  uttered a cry as the horde of Gold swarmed down towards the field. 

  Having been ensnared by the enemy's mind-controlling corruption and attacked his fellow comrades in Aurora isle three chapters ago,  Reeve Lowangleen was more than eager to prove his worth and show some progress to marvel.

  But deep down, riding a mobile giant riding a mechanical horse,  Reeve knew he was not yet ready to face such a grand scale battle that of high possibility might cost his life. He wasn't ready to die for the Golden Company just yet. 

  But the rest of the crew, like one prominent ray of gold beaming out of the Sun itself, the Golden Company rode, in their mobile walkers their arms raised, guns firing. Giant golden steeds roamed the skies victoriously against the formidable, fearing no death and wishing to cast regrets aside.

 

  There, All of Tron as witnesses, he hast arrived. 

 

  The Dawn Breaker.

 

  The Light Bringer.

  Toshiumi Al Seraphim, Brave of Zabanya has joined the fight !!!!!

  Soaring down atop the golden calvaries of giant mobile horses, the Golden Company Mobile Walkers with their skillful well-trained warriors all landed their detrimental blows onto the humongous hydrozoan in the forms of Golden harpoons, beams, and any weapon known to light-hearted kind.

 

  The Herunian Deity winced ever so slightly with each of the Golden Company’s blows, but was still able to stir back to its initial position, glowing with a different light.

  Toshiumi Al Seraphim, through his past experiences of combatting against various foes, ranged from humanoid to legless reptilia, the Awesome soon figured out the complexity of the design of this Boss fight.

 

  “ Regroup, Valors of Gold !!!”

 Toshiumi quickly gave out the order, his shout echoing above Tron and all.

  “ Cease fire, and prepare for impact !!!”

 

  Sitting close behind Toshiumi, inside the same cockpit of his Lord husband’s trusty golden Mobile Walker Giant, Mio Al Seraphim looked at the wide screens before her curiously and saw the huge elegant hovering sea animal glowing brighter and brighter as if about to explode in a ball of aggressive earth-shattering light explosion.

 

  “ This beast has a powerful film that breaks upon nothing in this realm. And it returns us whatever we bring upon its hide.” 

  Toshiumi Al Seraphim, with his conversed yet haste planning, spoke out his thoughts to his concerned wife as he led his Golden Company back to the sky as the Clansmen and their flying mobile walkers joined together, to form a wide phalanx of shimmering Gold.

  A blinding glamorous barricade with their shields together raised, blocked the penetrating beams and tentacle smashes that came with full violence, rebounding from their first air strike. The Herunian Deity’s counterattack was as fierce as the Golden Company’s own, bashing each and every clansman of the Golden Exian Lord with destructive violent blows, bashing and blaring its ancient mystic powers until the golden barricade started to crack.

 

  Mio clinged tight to Toshiumi from behind his driver’s seat as the whole cockpit shook vehemently like no tomorrow.

 

  “ Hold your ground !!!!” Toshiumi shouted to all his men, boosting his wearied company with his Golden Exia Rune and Charisma.

  “Its attacks will last no longer !”

 

  And true to his word, the Herunis Jellyfish stopped its counterattack as soon as Toshiumi finished his cries of morale.

 

  Mio was surprised and relieved the attack was over. 

 

  Toshiumi gave a quiet sigh as he checked the damage his troops had taken.

  “ So it seems…it attacks only when provoked, and returns only the amount of damage it takes.”

 

  “ Ikanimo, King.”

Rang’s voice reported back through the microchip attached to Toshiumi’s ear in fluent Japanese.

  “ The strategy must change. This enemy is far more adaptable than any we have faced before.”

 

  “ I cannot agree with you more.” Toshiumi agreed with his military strategist 

“ Rang, you come up with a plan. While I find a way to penetrate the unpenetrable.”

 

  “ Will do, your Awesomeness.”

 Rang hung up and quickly went to work with all the data and battle info gathered he gathered with his wife Agnes.

  Standing behind the strategist couple, staying behind in the Vilencian flagship’s council room, stood Varche Scrirocco King. He was quiet, rather too quiet for a king of chivalry and pump such as he, especially in this grave hour of war against an advent beast of the Light Realm.

 

   It was, to no surprise, that Varche has his own plans in mind concerning the gateway to Herunia above, and decided not to share.

……….

  Coughing his fill of blood and vomit, Asuka Line Zeta crawled back up to his feet from his iron steed, staggering with one arm supporting his whole body upon the handle of his military bike.

 

  Is this the powers of Herunia? 

 

  Intoxicating, at the same time, breathtaking. Asuka had once doubted the League long ago but now all that was washed away as he regained his senses from the dizzying trance the beast of Herunia brought upon Tron.

  The Illuminatus League has indeed achieved a miracle. What comes out of the bright aperture, that entrance to Herunia in the sky must be nothing aside from Blessings. This is what the League meant, what the ancient scriptures hinted all along! Only by abandoning one’s old self and mindset can one achieve enlightenment!

  This city of Tron is built upon the foundations of old rotting bricks, built under his Father's and his forefather’s dream.

 

  That is no longer his dream, Tron’s dream.

 

  Tron can only reach new heights by eradicating the old corrupting stepping stones, setting its new, pure capstone to embrace the coming of Neo Kingdeniom.

 

  “ Assemble…!” Asuka ordered in an exhilarating whisper to Yukari and his men

“ Assemble, New Citizens of Tron !! Blessed Herunia has lent its divine hand in aid of the birthing of Neo Kingdeniom! Rise up! Stand up! Modern Revolutionists Alive !!!”

 

  Reluctantly, the Tron forces regrouped around their fervorous Prime Minister and marched with.

 

  “ To where, Asuka ?!” Yukari demanded, wiping the blood off  her nose

“ Where are you taking your men in this burning capital aside from saving the people ?!?!”

 

  “ To save the City, from those that refuse change !” Asuka Line Zeta then pointed at the forces that were attacking the Herunis Jellyfish

  “ They must be stopped so that Herunia can usher in a new age of Man !”

 

  Before Yukari could even try to talk sense out of her ex-boyfriend, Asuka Hikaru was off, shooting at those that fight back against the blessed deity instead of embracing destruction.

 

  Yukari’s heart sank like a rock.

 

  She was lost. Unable to decide if she should force her own hand to stop Asuka from bringing more dread upon this city he loves with deranged thoughts.

 

  “ Hmm, you are astonished.”

 

  Like a bucket of cold icy water dunked over Yukari, the voice chuckled behind her.

 

  Yukari spun around, to see that it was none other than the League Strategist Austria Van Hillingdale that had spoken. He observed her in a  thinly gaze, sneering faintly among all the chaos.

 

  “ You…” Yukari cursed under her breath, facing the chuckling strategist fully

“ You and your League enticed Asuka to become what he is! He loved his country! He loved this city! You have doomed Kingdeniom and its people !”

 

  “ Indeed, Doom may be what the untrained eye sees for now.”

 Austria spoke with calming cadence, removing his sneer entirely.

  “ But let me enlighten you of what I see. I see change.”

 

  “ Change in the worse.”

 

  “ No one knows. Not even I can predict what happens after this day. Frankly speaking, none of the League ever anticipated Herunia has its self-defending system up to this moment. And it feels me with joy knowing that we have seen something none other had ever dreamed of.”

  Austria breathed in the air of the future with closed eyes, savoring the moment deeply before he continued.

  “ What happens today no doubt will mark a new age for our country. The deed is already done, and our mission is already complete. What we can do now is stand by and watch. What transpires at the end of this day, we will plan tomorrow, to enlighten ourselves from what we learned tonight.”   

 

  “ You will stand idle and watch, even if the skies fall and reality crumbles ?” Yukari questioned the strategist incredulously.

 

  “ Can you stop a fire from burning wood, Miss Yukari ?”

Austria responded with his own question.

 

  “ I wouldn’t burn the wood in the first place.”

 

  “ Then where will the light be ?”

 

  Unable to answer, Yukari could but send the strategist off in a silent morose gaze. 

……….

  Adamantly, Princess Isabel Keiken refused to retreat.

 

  “ But Princess…” stewardess to the princess Nanali Hikaru and temporary princess guard Cyborg general Gelouch Dendrobium begged on top of Parusefor Master Sven’s flat to no avail.

 

  “ It is too late to retreat !” Princess Isabel bravely stomped down the building to reach the field of battle.

  “ I can help them! The memories of my late father and all the Lords of the Eternal Silver Exia are kept in me! First, I must find my brother !”

 

  “ But…your Brother’s in royal pilgrimage !” cyborg Gelouch uttered in haste.

 

  Indeed, it is known that Prince Edmund Keiken, brother of Isabel had gone on a pilgrimage to learn the moralities of proud Kingdeniom and the mindset of ruling through living among commoners for some years now. It is quite impossible to reach the prince immediately in these circumstances.

 

  “ She can reach him.” Nanali, giving in to the princess’ ideas, assured the cyborg general as she ushered them all into the van, the same van that Griffon had stolen from Helltron outskirts, and drove forth towards the capital center as Isabel ordained.

 

  Silently and focusing with her eyes shut, Princess Isabel began to reach deep down to the Silver Exia powers that connect the Keiken bloodline through mystique ways passed down by the ancient Keikens.

……….

 

 

 

  “ King Phaldemon, someone of high import requests your audience.”

 

  King Phaldemon Filediak had just lost three airships, and his arsenals proved useless upon the Jellyfish monster hovering above the capital Tron had surged an impatient rage visible from his jolted-up mustache. 

  Phaldemon turned around to see that it was Lord Charion Di Vagnar, Lord of Jabudan, that had brought the news.

 

  “ Who is it ??” Phaldemon restrained his impatience and asked in a whisper. He didn’t know why he whispered, but Charion was whispering so he did suit.

 

  “ It’s Prince Edmund Keiken…Phaldemon King. They found him wandering around the Denteimong battlefield and the prince had requested to ride with us.”

 

  “ And you tell me just now ??”

 Phaldemon’s mustache was jumping now.

 

  “ The Prince…request he to be introduced later lest he disrupts your battle, Phaldemon King. But now, his royal highness has urgent news to share.”

  Charion replied sheepishly.

 

  Phaldemon Filediak King of Vilencia wasted no time to meet with Prince Edmund Keiken at the lounge and saw the young prince was accompanied by his young stewardess Tricia, a young girl as old as the princess, nodding politely as they entered the lounge.

 

  Both Phaldemon and Charion bowed courteously to the Princess and his stewardess.

 

  “ I am terribly sorry to interrupt at this critical moment, King Phaldemon.” 

Prince Edmund Keiken bade sincerely.

  “ But I am afraid I need to board an escape jet from your arsenal down to meet with my sister Isabel as soon as possible.”

 

  “ Sure. I’ll send my finest Knight to escort thee below.” Phaldemon agreed at once.

“ But Prince, what is it you plan to do to meet with your royal sister in this dire situation under the wrath of an alien Kaiju ?"

 

  " That I cannot tell you. ”

Prince Edmund answered with a chuckle.

 

  “ But HE can.”

  And with Tricia’s silent help of magic powers unknown, Edmund revealed a power so shocking that the two Lords of the North were so spooked that they still recalled this moment to their grandchildren decades after this night. 

……….

  The Clansmen of the King of Terminas, also loyal subjects to the Exia Lord of the Red Rune of Tech surpassing all, never doubted their monarch’s decisions ever before, no matter how bizarre and unbelievable the methods may be to achieve the tech Lord’s goals.

  But tonight, it was not the queer acts or unheard-of strategies that baffled both Flaming Genale and Pablo Roaneru, the two accompanying knights to the Terminas Throne.

 

  It was the lack of response that unnerved sir Flaming and loyal engineer Pablo that by abandoning their silence they have made a grave choice to question their King Varche’s immobile tactics before the current freaking battle raging below the Vilencian airships as we speak.

 

  “ Your Highness, are we to sit here and watch this Astro Octopus wreak havoc over good Tron?! Certainly, Terminas of all factions of Kingdeniom is most able to provide decent assistance in force as well in saving the citizens!”

  Flaming Genale the loyal knight of Terminas begged for his eerily silent King to act, receiving a raised palm of refusal from his lord and liege instead.

 

  “ No.” Varche refused tersely.

 

  “ But Majesty!” even the calm and collected Pablo Roaneru, a man of little words, was pitted to challenge himself with the effort to convince his lord to make a move.

  “ Have you not renounced your title as a vengeful Revenjaja?! Have you not denounced revenge and embraced forgiveness?! What grudge do you yet hold to restrain your honorable hand towards those in need?!”

 

  “ Pablo, I appreciate your sudden eloquence, but I will not stop this flying Jellyfish, this Herunian Beast, so the ancients call it.”

  Varche Scrirocco finally stood up from his guest seat in the Vilencian flagship lounge.

  “ Gentlemen, as both of you know that I have left the Pitch Black room without claiming Nison Char, Milina’s sole brother’s life. Therefore leaving my Vengeance behind me.

  So, if you wish to help Tron and escort the citizens out of this battlefield, you have my full permission and blessings. You may do what thou see fit in honoring Terminas’ prestige name, and I will gladly congratulate your endeavors.  But I wish for you, Flaming, Pablo, to understand what I shall now announce.”

 

  Varche Scrirocco cleared his throat sternly as his two clansmen waited with all ears.

 

  “ I hereby relieve you two of your duties, Flaming Genale, Pablo Roaneru.”

  The two knights of the Red Exian Lord’s agape mouths showed their inability to comprehend what their young lord tried to convey.

  

……….

  Bullets and cannons, flame and spark, Strike Force and Exia Runes, none of them could penetrate the transparent film of the humongous Herunis Jellyfish of light.

  The swords and blades of the Parusefors and the factions of Kingdeniom warlords alike could not severe the astro-powered tentacles of light. Not even Toshiumi Al Seraphim nor his golden company had found a way to pierce through the Herunian Beast’s skin.

  But that did not stop the vigorous folk any less but ignited their flames of combat even more.

 

  Despite the Seed’s disapproval of all their actions towards the sacred beast.

 

  “ Lay down your weapons and listen!” Sora tried to speak reason to all, yet her voice was drowned under the merciless pounding of cannon turrets and the explosions that landed on the sacred beast that made no difference. 

  “ This Being is not malicious in nature! It sought to protect the Blessed Realm, and It's the animosity and yearning to trespass Herunia it hunts! Everyone...Cease your fire…please…”

 

  Sora’s words of sage advice fell on deaf ears, and even if they had heard, none of them would believe and dared lay down their arms before this devastating alien form.

  Both Tenmei and Haru found it pretty hard to follow Sora’s instructions, seeing that the hovering beast of light was easily bringing down the city from the skies while nearly all of Tron were engaged in a fierce adrenaline rush to smite the enemy deity down.

  Though its swirling appendages may seem to swing against its attackers in a dilatory fashion, the Herunis Beast’s main defenses are the beams of Light it emanated from within its glass dome after each blow its numerous tiny opponents deal on its surface.

 

  And as soon as the coming weaponry ceased for a short second to reload and reposition its aim, the Herunian Beast resumed its abhorrent Infrasound howling.

 

  With a Cry as to cover up the devastating scream, the Ark’arios flew up high above the Jellyfish’s wide bell head and smashed its twin Devilish blades down, sinking the sharp darkness into the pulpy surface of the hydrozoan deity.

 

  Sora could but shout out a forlorn desperate cry to stop the Archdemon, to no avail.

 

  Sending back an equal amount of light beams in damage and energy, The Herunian Beast blasted forth a world-engulfing beam of light against the Ark’arios, shooting the Archdemon deep into the ground with countless beams following behind unwaveringly.

 

  The wound was made. By the accursed Lifthrasir caused that cut true and deep, ripping out two short gashes upon the transparent film.

 

  It so seemed that even though the Archdemon may be able to deal damage upon this levitating Marine-like abomination, it could not bring the whole creature down.

  As the Ark’arios crashed back down to earth, Tenmei did realize the Ark’arios’ demonic flesh was torn as dark blood and pus gushed out from the deep gashes and orifices blown open by the Light Jellyfish’s defenses.

 

  Sora’s heart ached at the sight of her love enduring the tantamount pain to stop what the light children had caused.

  Ark’arios in silent action was always on her side.

 

  Haru felt the Seed’s pain, and quickly came up with an idea.

 

  “ Sora, we need a Seed explosion, right now !”

 

  “ I beg your pardon ?!” Tenmei deflecting a large tentacle crashing down nearby thought he didn’t hear right.

 

  “ Not one to blow things up, but spread the protection!”

  Haru explained, her words quickening in haste

  “ Sora, you are immune to this Beast’s attacks and shouts, and so am I! The Seed energy can somehow dissipate this…this big Jellyfish’s screams somehow, right? Maybe…we can concentrate on the power and not force it to explode!”

 

  Sora was hesitant at first but nodded in agreement

  “ It’s worth a try.”

 

  As Haru and Sora both began to muster their inner strength, arms spread wide and levitating in a ball of clear bluish glow, the two slowly started to emanate a gentle glow across the Tron battlefield.

 

  “ It’s working!” Tenmei Akiro felt his shoulders become lighter and his wounds paining less.

 

  The others gradually healed from their wounds and realized the Seed was rejuvenating their fervor and reducing the damage taken from the Herunian Beast’s attacks.

  And the Jellyfish too, seemed to realize this as well.

  Sensing immediately the origin of the assailants' healing, the Herunian Beast turned to face Haru and Sora in great dismay and shot all millions of its light tentacles down at them both.

 

  Tenmei rushed forth with his Blue Exia Rune all blossoming into a Rune Shield and clashed against the multitudinous blows, massive raging tides of tentacles, all that came forth in surges of animalistic fury that weighed harder than Tenmei expected. 

  Crushing like dense metal, if one tentacle thrust hit Tenmei like a meteor, the swarm did fall onto our man, like planets of instant death. And the cosmic appendages did not stop, with just one collision, but slammed and thrashed with more and more berserk fury after each blow. 

   Parusefor warriors rose also to defend the Seed, only to be swiped back ruthlessly afar. Defense before this Alien Emissary seemed futile, and Tenmei could no longer feel his body but the numbing and pain that engulfed his every muscle, his posture and very existence about to pulverize with just one more blow. 

 

  Which came in gliding fate, one last tentacle of wrath, dashing towards Tenmei and all. 

 

  Landing with a loud pulpous toiling smash onto meaty form, straight into the large frame of the grotesque towering Demon silhouette of Ark’arios the Defiled, catching each and every extreme blow with its flesh,  grabbing and ripping as ferocious as the million protruding affixes that assaulted from all sides at him. Both ancient entities, of Dark and Light, dealing in murderous conflict for which virtue they stand for. 

  And between all the Archdemon and the Herunis Beast brought upon their assailants, Akahanon Zabi, or Akahanon Zabinus Ultra in this current state, suffered all of them. Feeling his inner essence being sucked dry to keep up with the Archdemon’s pace, and endure all the damage the thrashed upon the Demon Lord’s flesh without any negation whatsoever.

  Being born in an academic household serving Terminas royals in the shadows, and recruited to the Illuminatus League for his foresighting projects in his early years, Akahanon Zabi wouldn’t deny he is a man that assumed little to no hardships in life. But now, sandwiched between two ancient Beings of opposite divisions in the natural order, Akahanon Zabi knew his life’s worth of torment is likely abstracted into this one excruciating moment.

  As Zabi’s body burned all over and his insides boiled and electrocuted at the same time, the League member mustered one last struggle, an instinctive attempt to help ease the suffering with his one last defining blow. His ultra Demon-fused Nose beam.

  Shouting as loud as the Ark’arios that puppeted his body around, Akahanon Zabi forced one last hamon…I mean one last strife of sheer surviving will that grew in the shape of the protruding shaft of dark energy out of his sharp-bladed nose. Like a thin line of dark light drawn across the darkness, shooting high across the entangled swirling tentacles of light, going forth further and further towards the glassy globe of the Herunis Beast, finally making its way unswathed onto the alien’s ethereal surface, only to wither and bounce off like a wet noodle, dissolving away upon the curved bell of the Jellyfish.

 

  Akahanon Zabi perished, at that same moment as his last beam dissolved into thin air.

  Ripping the Archdemon’s limbs, the tentacles spared no remaining strength and swatted, bludgeoned, overhauled over the dispersing Archdemon’s liquifying flesh, beating the dark entity into shaded pulp before all their eyes.

 

  Before Sora’s eyes.

 

  And after the deafening pounds of earth-shaking crushes onto ravaged Tron soil finally ceased, all that was left of the Ark’arios was a spec of black goo no bigger than thumb, splattered among Akahanon Zabi’s bloody squashed organs lying in the depth of a wide marred crater carved deep into the scorched earth.

  The lands then turned dead silent.

………..

  

  Toshiumi Al Seraphim looked down from the sky among his golden mobile cavalry in a stern gaze that delivered solemn admiration for the fallen warriors below.

 

  “ Enemies before, now allies for a greater cause.” Toshiumi Al Seraphim mused, planning his next move to break through the transparent skin of Light before the Jellyfish monster resumed its detrimental shoutings.

  “ Now that even the Archdemon has fallen...”

 

  Mio tried to come up with a plan to help her lord husband, using the cursed powers of the Gyouma that she possesses…

 

  Mio suddenly gasped in foreboding fear and revelation.

  “ Mio? You alright ?” 

 

  But Toshiumi could see that his wife was deeply troubled and distressed by the sudden realization.

  “ …the Gyouma curse… it's gone…!”

  Mio at first thought it was the anesthetics that made her body feel lighter than before. But as the drug effects lingered away, Mio knew something was missing.

 

  Toshiumi cursed himself deep down for being so careless, and too focused on this Godly Jellyfish that he had overlooked an obvious change in the aura within his wife. 

 

  The Gyouma powers inside Mio, had diminished. 

 

  And both Toshiumi and Mio realized how wrong they were to forget that vile dastardly existence of a man so malicious in motive and vengeful in nature that is also somewhere on this battlefield.

………..

  Fools.

  Kaburagi Shisei looked down from the Freedom and Justice Memorial tower's top balcony, on the struggling ant-like endeavors of the Kingdeniom folk before the divine protector of the Blessed Herunic Realm.

  The Hydrozoan deity was once upon him, about to devour Shisei with just one stroke of its groping tentacles. It was blind fear and the vacuous nature of the light-hearted kind to fight against the unknown that stirred the giant beast’s interest away from him towards themselves.

 

  He was saved by the people’s foolishness.

 

  A fitting turn of events, Kaburagi Shisei couldn’t help but draw the connections proudly as he began his next step of the grand scheme.

  The Illuminatus League’s enlightenment is exclusive only to the worthy, and here Kaburagi Shisei stood, overlooking the empty high rise swept clean by the violent night breeze, with great pride and privilege to know that he is the last and remaining member of the League affable enough to first reach Blessed Herunia and venture its miracles.

  

 

  Don’t mind if I do.

  With his hand reaching below the Great Strike Exia Runes embedded below his eyes, Kaburagi Shisei opened his fingers wide, grasping one part of the many colored runes in his hand through his perception afar, which moved the whole city with one great jolt.

………..

  “ What is that Jellyfish up to now ?!”

Hector Zefield hollered exhaustedly behind a bolder where he hastily refurnished his Oodachi great Katana with dragon-wounding grease, ready for the second round of monster hunting.

  “ Griffon You! Go and look what’s going on !”

 

  “ Nothing’s going on with the giant flying Jellyfish, fathe…Sir! I said, Sir !”

Griffon shouted back, with his loud voice to cover his anxiety.

 

  Nina rolled her eyes.

 

  “ Then what is causing this sudden bemoaning earth-shudder ?!” Hector Zefield wondered.

 

  “ It’s the Runes !!!” Old Monk Joe Mazha of the Xin-an forces exclaimed with much distraught

  “ The Great Strike Exia…it is growing higher and higher…!”

 

  Indeed, it was. As the gasping Kingdeniom warriors watched with their eyes wide like saucers, the earth levitated and the energy began to rise higher and higher, defying gravity more and more.

 

  “ …Can it get much higher ?!?!” 

Griffon uttered in ghastly disbelief, getting his answer from Old Joe Mazha right away in a breathy forgone sigh.

  “ …so high…”

  “  Oh no…” They all let out in a long defeated chorus.

……….

  With his one hand, infused with all the Gyouma powers he had successfully extracted from his traitorous sister into his veins, Kaburagi Shisei grabbed the air in front of him, which was already more than enough to move seas and mountains, and adequately enough to wield the Great Strike Exia Rune Sword the size of the Tron Capital up high, higher and higher, until the whole Rune was levitated above the Freedom and Justice Memorial Tower, an inch away from Shisei Star-Slayer’s far-reaching fingertips.

 

  “ To you, my mentor.” Kaburagi Shisei whispered proudly to the heavens.

“ For realizing my potential in crumbled Kaminosato, reviving me from death and giving me purpose to seek my Revenge.

  To you, my sister Mio, your treachery and wasted powers strengthened my vengeance and paved the path to my utmost glory. You and Toshiumi have both secured my ultimate victory through your follying love and betrayal.

  To you, Ark’arios, for being the Illuminatus League’s dog. Safeguarding the Schematas and biting the rightful enemies, leaving the opportune wounds on this Deity which I shall tear apart !!!!!!”

  And aiming at the confused Herunian Beast, at the two sliced apertures the Ark’arios cut deep with its cursed blade on the Deity’s globular bell, Kaburagi Star-Killer Shisei pointed down his long crooked finger with both arms raised high and curled together, his long slender feet supporting his tall muscular frame as the wind bellowed his pale cloaks and robe that battered wildly upon his broad chest.

 

  The one move was real.

 

  Kaburagi Shisei, with the Gyouma force, took hold of the converged Great Strike Exia Rune from all the present Rune Bearers, and did the impossible.

 

  Diving the tip of the Great Rune blade down onto the Hydrozoan deity’s weakened wounds.

 

  The Jellyfish of Light screamed in agony, letting out a universal-shattering myriad of Infrasound shrieks that penetrated earth and heaven, as the globe that once shielded its bright glowing insides from any attempt to penetrate its transparent film, gave way and dented deep in gapping curves. Yellowish liquidus light burst out as the Great Strike Exia Rune Sword ran deeper and deeper into the sacred beast’s bell and reached deep into the organs of light and rune.

 

  Vehemently, the Creature fought back, pushing the Great Exia Rune back with stardusts that exploded all over the Tron skyline a second after emission, knocking the League Master and his Real Great Strike Exia backward. The Tentacles began to fly, soaring with an incredible velocity that could sink ten stories into solid earth with each punch, all of them colliding onto Kaburagi Shisei, who, like a mad swordsman, swung the Great Strike Exia Rune Sword in flurries of craze and accuracy, parrying any coming blow that wished him dead in an instant.

 

  Eyes wide, mouths agape, watching the humongous marine deity battling an ornate ultra-sized ethereal weapon as large in size and terrifying in proportions, the common Kingdeniom folk as well as the trained warriors and fellowships could but stare in awe and disbelief.

………..

  But the battle between the emissary of Herunia and the Spokesman of the Illuminatus League interested not the two Terminas knights Flaming and Pablo.

 

  Their early retirement was more of a concern to them than the intense battle of man and divine.

 

  “ King…noble heart…” Flaming Genale could but beg, both loyal Clansmen crushing their knees onto the ground now.

  “ …Don’t do this!!!”

 

  The two knights needed more than an explanation to calm their shock and sadness.

 

  “ Weep not that your King has abandoned you, Flaming, Pablo.”

 

  To the loyal clansmen’s surprise, Varche King was smiling like a gentle saint.

 

  “ Weep not this King that has renounced his own crown. Gentlemen, your loyalty shall forever be bound to the throne and to the one that shall sit on that skyward chair of power tomorrow dawn.

 

  Tonight, I, Varche Scrirocco will no more be King of Terminas. 

 

  Gentlemen, help me, a friend, a comrade, send this message back to my family, and my sister. Please. I am counting on you two.”

  And turning away from his two loyal weeping friends who remained on their knees, 

 

  Varche Scrirocco, the New man, left the scene with new light.

 

  His path to his own majesty is set aflight.

……….

  As the battling of the centuries raged on, ancient wisdom against modern resourcefulness, The Herunian side progressively wavered under the League’s intimidations. The Beast could no more support its body in the air as it started to descend, wallowing with all its tentacles, thin and thick alike, writhing wildly at the searing astro sword, trying to break and pull the Great Rune Sword that had ultimately ruptured its transparent film, out of its head to no avail.

  Backing several steps, the Kingdeniom forces huddled close within the Seed’s protection range, hiding from the tremendous eerie bursts of Infrasound screams from the beast, standing far back, watching in horror as the humongous Jellyfish struggled in excruciating agony.

 

  Sora was crying desperately now.

 

  “ …the creature must live…!!”

Sora sobbed, feeling same the pain the Jellyfish now endured.

  “ We are supposed to protect it…not destroy it! The Foundations of the Blessed Herunia is going to collapse !!”

“ But what can we do against such power ?” Murong Fu of Xin-an questioned incredulously.

“ If even we cannot stop this Divine Creature, how can we stop this Great Strike Exia that can decimate us all !”

 

  “ A cicada hunted by the praying mantis can never be a match to the bird that hunts the bugs.”

  Gasolia of the west sighed gravely among his ranks.

 

  “ Yes, that’s what I just said.” Murong Fu had to clarify.

  “ Unless…that is not a bird in the first place !”

  All eyes turned to the one that just spoken, and it was none other than our man, 

  Tenmei Akiro, with anger like flames in his eyes and an aura of sheer resolve emanating from his readied muscular frame.

 

  “ The Great Strike Exia Rune is made up of Exia Runes after all!!” Tenmei cried out to all.

 

  “ Yes, that’s what it’s called, son.” Murong Fu clarified patiently.

 

  “ If that Rune is made up of the same Exia Runes that we Exian Lords bear, surely We are able to stop it !! Right ??!!”

  Tenmei looked to the Exian Lords around him, which were the whole Parusefor clan, bearing each a shard from their former Lord Nirvariel Nero, and the Lord of all that is Golden Toshiumi Al Seraphim.

 

  “ Absolutely correct, Tenmei Akiro.”

 

  And right after the Kingdeniom armies spun around to see what newcomer had approved Tenmei’s speech, everyone knelt as soon as their knees could offer onto the ravaged ground, welcoming the arrival of both Princess Isabel and Prince Edmund of the Royal Keiken Family. 

  Tricia the silent stewardess followed behind the prince elegantly.

 

  Now, they have one more Exia Lord by their side.

  “ Exia Runes are born through Strife and Bravery our ancestors endured. And through them, they pass down this Power of Legacy, forging with like-minded predecessors that build up the Exia Rune into Greater form. Through the Epics of our lives, We give birth to our greatest Strength, our Story !”

  And with their hands clasped in one, Princess Isabel and Prince Edmund held each other close, as their half parts of the Silver Eternal Exia Rune began to glow and forge into a silver sun that bloomed the desperate night into a hopeful day, what came out of the blinding light amazed all and the warlords’ knees sank deeper with their waists bending down into kowtows.

 

  Stewardess Tricia held out her precious small hand and led the one reborn to walk out of the light slowly.

 

  “ Thank you, Tricia.”

 

  The Silver one bade gratefully to his age-long stewardess, clad in silver robes and shining armor donned on the firm shoulders and chest

 

  “ It’s good to see you again.”

  And there, before Tenmei and his shocked Fellowship stood, 

  Old Keiken King returned.

  From the successors of the Silver Throne, the two heirs have summoned, with their Exia powers of the Forever, their Eternal liege for one last stand.

  “ King Keiken the Forever !!” Murong Fu and the Warlords chanted out loud in reverend kowtows.

“ Long Live the Emperor, Majesty of the first light children and the Dragonars, Everlasting Lord of Exia, and our Eternal undying Liege! You lead, We Follow !!!!”

 

  “ Rise, my faithful friends.” Old Keiken King bade them warlords rise benignly.

“ Surely there is a more perilous issue of grave import at hand as we speak ?”

 

  And Old King Keiken looked up to Haru and the Seed, and his thin tall frame jolted to a halt, the benign smile vanishing into a wide stare of alarm and discomfort, yet the old King did not let it all show too obvious to the common eye.

 

  “ My word…The Seed…Sora Skymaiden. Apologies for this unruly reunion, and…everything before…”

 

  The Old King stopped short from his sudden nervous tone, no one not even Haru nor Tenmei knew why.

 

  Only the silent stewardess Tricia seemed to understand the Old King’s concealed trepidations, but was unable to speak it out fully. 

 

  Sora however was calm.

 

  “ There need not be guilt, Kai.” Sora the Seed bade as she motioned to all the burning city and the Herunian Hydrozoan battling with the Great Exia Rune for life not far ahead

  “ For the Future of all Light-hearted children, and the natural order that Blessed Herunia so governs to run its cycle indefinitely, the perpetrator of this devastating crime must be apprehended and stopped as soon as possible!

  Inheritors of the Exia Runes of Power, Now is your time to save thy Future. ”

  

 As the gathered Lords of Exia, Old Keiken King, King Toshiumi Al Seraphim, the valorous clan of the Parusefors, and Tenmei Akiro joined in a wide circle, the Rune Bearers initiated the ritual to muster their strength through memory, through the Strike that flows in their Light that exists within all things life and lifeless; from all the lives that strived for a better tomorrow, adding an additional Rune onto the Exia that transcends their legacy.

  Old King Keiken, the Everlasting Silver Exia Rune, sought the power of all the existing Keikens that had ruled before him, even the first Keiken, Kai the leader of the first light children, transferred all their knowledge to the current one Old Keiken King.

  The Parusefors, with the memories of their Prime Paruseforon still as vivid as yesterday, called upon the blessings of Nirvariel Nero, the one unrelenting Supreme Striker of the ancient mystic arts that reside in all their light hearts, calling to their all father ever since the first age by his revered name Neo, leader of the first Starchilds and perseverer of all strife, thus awakening the potentials of Light-hearted kind through the Purple Exia Rune that governs evolution and beyond. And all the Parusefor Knights are now one in mind and light soul, unbreakable in physic and Spirit.

  Griffon too, though he still is outcasted by his Parusefor clan, his Striker roots finely held ground and spread through his veins, pumping new determination to live for those he swore to protect, resonating with the primal strife of Nirvariel Nero Grand Paruseforon himself, with a prominent portion of the Purple Exia Rune of Potential blazing within him no less dim than the esteemed Master Strikers of now.

  Toshiumi Al Seraphim, need not look further to remind himself of his claim of the Golden Exia Rune of Fate. It was part of his journey to cure and save his wife and beloved Mio Al Seraphim from her devastating magic curse and illness, to alter Mio’s despairing fate, thus inheriting the Power of his ancestor that ascended from Kaminosato, the rising Sun Goddess Somalis Limaria, to become more than a ruler and greater a Protector for the fateful cause.

  Far away above Tron, Varche Scrirocco looked down upon his Red Exian Rune blazing in his palm, the one last portion of prestige left upon him, of the power of intellect and comprehension over all that can be known and those yet known. The One Exia Rune passed down from generation to generation of Terminas Kings ruling over the Isle in the sky, bearing the formidable ability to surpass what is known through creation and technologies, and becoming more.

  Varche Scrirocco, leaving his rule, his crown, and his monarch all behind for one last stand, to surpass the norm, surpass the unsurpassable.

  And Tenmei Akiro, our man, born a homunculus in the Illuminatus League lab with one goal to harbor the Archdemon Ark’arios and seize all the Exia Runes, only to cross paths with his righteous benefactor Tenmei Tarou, the one chad who passed down his legacy to Do What is Right, for All.

 

  “ This Blue Exia Rune,”

 

  Tenmei could hear voices from ago, in the days living with his benefactor Tenmei Tarou as he taught young Akiro about his Rune.

 

 “ Governs the Choice of all Light-hearted kind, enhancing all the choices made and increasing the power of said choice. If I ever decide on doing something, like climbing a high mountain or swimming across the Liao coast, this Rune will surely help me finish that goal.”

 

  “ If you want to fly, will the Rune get you a pair of wings ?” young Tenmei Akiro asked curiously.

 

  “ Not exactly wings, but yes. The Exia Rune will help me fly, in its own way.”

 

  “ …That’s why the voice keeps telling me to get it…” Young Akiro turned away sadly from Tenmei Tarou the benefactor chad.

  “ This Exia is too powerful. I don’t want it to snatch away… The world will be in danger if this Demon inside me gets the Rune.”

 

  “ True. But, if you have the Rune, you can choose not to let your Demons harm anyone. And the Rune will help you with that goal.”

  Tenmei Tarou winked playfully at the young boy’s twinkling eyes.

 

  “ But Exia Runes are hard to control. It takes more than a lifetime to harness its true potential. Tenmei Akiro, this Rune is no follying matter, and if one day, on that fateful day, you have the power equal to this Rune, be prepared to learn its rules, practice the ways to harness its power, and always, always use it for good. To do the right thing, for a world full of laughs and smiles. Ain’t it good that way, Tenmei ?”

 

  Tenmei Tarou chuckled as he ruffled Young Akiro’s silver messy hair.

  Yes, father. 

 

  It is good, to strive for what is Right, for All the smiles and joy of the people!

  And Tenmei Akiro rose up, reaching his hand to take back his Blue Exia Rune that is struck deep into the Herunis Beast’s flesh.

 

  The Great Strike Exia Rune Sword started to shudder with nearly all the lords pulling their Exia Runes back at the same time.

 

  But the Gyouma force that forged and stabilized Kaburagi Shisei’s grip was yet a force to be reckoned with, and the League Master heaved downward with all his might, not giving in to any hindrance whatsoever so easily just yet.

  “ He has mustered all the cursed Gyouma powers on his side !” Mio Al Seraphim cried warningly to the Exian Lords and the Parusefors alike

  “ Just the Exian Lords themselves…might not be enough !”

  Just the Exian Lords…?

  Tenmei Akiro suddenly realized he had forgotten something he once possessed that was equally as powerful as the Blue Exia Rune inside of him not long before.

  Before the Exian Lords and the Parusefors realized, Tenmei Akiro was off, running forth towards the crater where the Archdemon had fallen so the people could remain.

  Haru and Sora quickly followed suit as the three rushed to the central rocky floor where Tenmei found the defeated Demon, now but a tiny pond of black smeared on the cement rubble.

 

  Gently with both hands, Tenmei Akiro managed to scoop up the black dwindling liquidus pulp of the Ark’arios onto his two palms. Tenmei, Haru, and Sora, all three gazing down at the shriveled black substance that has lost its glorious fervorous glamor, now but a rippling minuscule puddle shivering under the night breeze.

  “ …So…ra…”

  Ark’arios the black puddle managed to utter in a faint growl.

 

  “ It’s alright, Rio. I’ll heal you…!”

But before the Seed could transfer her essence to her dying love, the Ark’arios refused.

 

  “ Light…can not supplement my diminishing Demon flesh…”

the Archdemon croaked, still feigning triumph even though the pain was audible in its restrained snarl.

  “ I have finally…met a worthy opponent…and our battle…was legendary…Sora…My only regret.. is being unable to bring you out… of Herunia….I am sorry…”

 

  “ …You have done more than I can ever thank you enough…Rio… ”

  Sora sobbed desperately, trying to soothe his perishing mate’s discomfort to no avail.

  “ Having this short journey with you…along the lands of Kingdeniom…is all I ever wanted…You may rest now…Rio…Rest now…”

 

  Haru too shed a tear. Though the Archdemon may be a boorish terrifying being at times, like a troublesome old teammate it had assisted her in their journey in its own way, and shared some memories with her as well.

 

  Tenmei felt it most deeply, being the first and only compatible Homunculus experiment to harbor the Archdemon’s presence, the two of them had long since roamed the lands of Kingdeniom and bonded together through an ethereal connection.

 

  Perhaps, after the long arduous journey, now is the time they bid farewell.

  “...No…!”

 

  The Archdemon suddenly cried out, refused even its own fading, and with the connections rotted deep beyond the sensory nerves and astral senses between it and Tenmei that instantly flickered back onto life, the Ark’arios sent out its final plea.

 

  “ …Boy…Tenmei Akiro…! I ask not much, but for one last favor! Are you willing…to help this wretched Demon…one last time…Even after all that I have done with your hand…?”

 

  Truly, with all the bloodshed and ruthless acts of brute murder, the Ark’arios had paved a path for Tenmei Akiro to tread in long-lasting shadow and regret, but that was not all the Demon had brought to Tenmei’s life.

  Even if the motives are for its own goal, the Ark’arios had many a time saved Tenmei’s life during strife and battle; like a guardian Demon that restrained Tenmei’s urge to end his own life on various occasions of disparity; Fairly helping Tenmei restore his shattered memories before, and even sparing his life when they are no longer bound as one.

 

  With Tenmei’s help, Ark’arios has finally reached his promise; and through Ark’arios, Tenmei experienced life to its fullest and formed his own morals.

  The characters they play in each other’s lives are precious and irreplaceable.

  Tenmei Akiro, with his palms scooping the Ark’arios still, held the black symbiote close with a grinning sigh.

 

  “ We have shared more than a lifetime’s worth of adventures already, old demon sport.”

 Tenmei Akiro poured the black goo in one hand and raised it to his determined gaze heroically

  “ I wouldn’t be able to beat this League myself anyways. Ark’arios, don’t mind if I do !!”

 

  “ Yay… Do as you wish !! Let our Brave Legend be written in the Stars !!!!!!!”

  “ Then we are in Agreement !!!!!”

  With his hand holding the black Demonic substance high, pouring down to a thin line, a pitch-black waterfall scarcely but definitely dripped down into Tenmei’s valorous gulp, 

 

  and before Sora and Haru realized how vulgar the two dudes merge themselves together in such a primitive fashion, 

 

  Tenmei Akiro was once again, clad in the winged demonic armor of Ark’arios, beast snout pointing straight and claws protruding sharply. But this time, they had the addition of the Blue Exia Rune’s full blaze, stretching the demonic armored wings three times in length and emblazoned more than ever with ornate Runes of power, Ultramarine spells of ancient strength that all engraved deeply onto the dark armor that glowed bright and anew with radiant lordship, roaring at the moon and the Herunis Beast altogether in triumphant reunion.

 

  Tenmei Akiro, Lord of the Blue Exia Rune, and the Archdemon Ark’arios

 

  returned as one, for the final showdown.

 

  

  All eyes were on them now. Seeing the once-feared combination of an Exian Lord and the Archdemon Lord Slayer. None would expect to see them stand side by side with Kingdeniom folk to face one last common enemy together as allies. 

  “ Splendid! That is what we are waiting for!”

 

  A jovial contained voice suddenly chuckled all around the gathered resistance, sounding near and far as it spoke.

 

  “ Who’s speaking?!” Murong Fu questioned vigilantly yet many others soon recognized to who that resourceful voice belonged.

 

  “ It’s Military Genius Rang !!” Tenmei and Haru both cried out in cheer together as the Kingseeker revealed himself in holographic fashion. The winged feathered fan flying above like a mechanic bird projected the strategist’s robed image before the armies of good.

  Agnes waved at the fellowship from behind her husband, photobombing Rang’s strategic hologram conference while the strategist couple was both safely stationed in King Phaldemon of the north’s flagship above.

 

  “ Ahh, hello. Emperor Keiken, My Lord Tohiumi the Awesome, Master Strikers of the formidable Parusefors, Lord Murong of Xin-an, Lord Gasolia of the west, Lord Zefield of Isandor, well fought in Liao coast, by the way; Mr. Tenmei and Miss Miula Haru, noble Seed, protector of Blessed Herunia, and all the righteous characters that are gathered before this sacred task to save our realm, greetings to you all, I am Rang, Military Strategist of the Golden Company at your service.”

 

  The resistance armies nodded in admiration, knowing all too well of Rang’s genuine reputation in military affairs.

 

  “ Seeing all that has transpired this fateful evening, I have analyzed the situations and info thoroughly, and am glad to share with you our enlightenment tonight. Let this be our little secret to victory tonight!”

 

  Rang smiled mysteriously to all.

 

 

 

………..

  Whatever they have planned to smite his plot, League Master Kaburagi Shisei could not care less, for none are able to foil his deed, not even Blessed Herunia’s last line of protection.

 

  The fates are wrought in stone and the stars are aligned. 

 

  The League has gained full victory under his lead.

 

  There the Parusefors come, Kaburagi Shisei sniggered to himself. Running up the outer fabrics of the Freedom and Justice Memorial Tower, speeding up five floors in three leaps, carrying their cumbersome weapons behind their backs.

 

  Futile!

 

  And with just his stare, Kaburagi Shisei sent out tides of cosmic Gyouma wrath that burst out of the walls, like wild serpents tearing their pray the Parusefors Master Strikers were caught within the poisonous disarray of Shisei’s amalgamated rancor. 

  The League Spokesman laughed diabolically as the Parusefors struggled and battled tirelessly inside the swirling mass of toxic power.

 

  Well, what meaningless action comes next?

 

  The Golden Company ?!

 

  Kaburagi Shisei’s sadistic sneer drew wider as the horde of golden riders closed in from the north sky, charging altogether like a golden comet ready to kiss the earth.

  The League Disciple stirred his Great Strike Exia Rune sword slightly out of the Herunian Beast’s bloody wounds. As if instinct activating, the excruciating pain stimulated the Jellyfish of Light to burst out beams and struggling tentacles in all directions, countering the massive damage caused upon its sacred flesh and striking everything everywhere aimlessly in frenzied fury.

   The Golden calvaries of golden were scattered by the million furious beams and tentacles as the holy beast writhed and swam violently all over Tron, yet unable to fight off the Great Strike Exia Rune Sword that pierced deep into its head.

  The gathered resistance against the League retreated back from the clashing radius of the poor pain-frenzied beast.

 

  “ There is no way we can infiltrate the memorial tower !” Murong Fu snarled as the united armies of Xin-an and many others hid behind a fallen skyscraper for cover.

  “ The League is playing that sacred beast like a fiddle !”

 

  “ Not just the beast, but also the Tron military! Watch out!”

Gasolia ordered his men to raise the shields as a flurry of bullets and beams rained down from yonder. 

 

  At the foot of the teetering Freedom and Justice Memorial Tower, were gathered phalanxes and rows of troops of Tron arsenals, with the banners of Tron and Line Zeta fly high, swirling with the hectic wind.

 

  “Asuka…!” Nanali gasped, appalled by the sight of the swarm of Tron military hindering the path of good.

  Somehow she knew she had to accept the hard truth that her brother is no longer on her side, and neither was he on the people’s side anymore. No more words of reason could bring her brother Asuka back to the light.

 

  “ Lady Hikaru, it’s about time.” Cyborg General Gelouch Dendrobium whispered to the sister of the now notorious Prime Minister.

 

  “ I am ready.” 

  Nanali motioned with Gelouch and faced the Lords, Murong-Fu of the south and Gasolia of the west, as they nodded to each other with ultimate affirmation. Affirming the role they play in the master plan entrusted to them by the military strategist.

 

  “ Sons of Xin-an! Charge !!!!!!” Murong Fu rode forth with his loyal men, Den Bai Tsuan the black dog, and Cocky Chuan guan ching amongst many others, in their customized mobile walkers they rammed forth the Tron armies from the south of the Memorial Tower.

 

  “ To me, dragonkin of the West !! Onward!!”

  Gasolia in his white dragon mobile walker, flew alongside his fearless men as they clashed against the phalanxes at the west side of the tower.

 

  Riding behind Lord Gasolia’s troops, Nanali Hikaru and General Gelouch as her escort followed close, charging towards one target alone.

 

  Asuka Line Zeta Hikaru himself. 

……….

  Asuka Hikaru looked down at the revolting armies sternly from his pedestal.

  

  Unlike the prime minister, Austria Van Hillingdale was as chill as the night breeze that swept across the dilapidated capital Tron.

 

  “ So they have finally decided to commit suicide.” Austria caressed his black feathered fan with his chin sneakily.

  “ Legends have that Tron was built as a fortress designed to defend even aliens eons ago since the first Keiken encountered outer beings of malice.”

  Austria led Asuka down the history lane of the capital.

  “ And what we see above ground is but half of what the ancient technologies have revealed.”

 

  “ Where goes the other half?” Asuka Line Zeta asked.

 

  Austria chuckled with a thin sneer.

  “ Obviously, below ground, sir. May I indulge you with some ancient defense technologies this capital has in store for your primacy?”

 

  With a click of a button hidden under his robe, Austria switched on the ancient trigger that opened the boulevards circling the Memorial tower, revealing metallic structures that started to rise up from underneath the cement platform.

  

  Lord Gasolia and Murong-Fu’s armies were forced to a halt as they witnessed with wide eyes of disbelief, the boulevards rising up as high as mountains, elevating one after another forming a two-airship length thick, and twenty-storied high metal wall, towering over the resistance and casting massive shadows that covered the skies above their heads.

 

  Six strong-walled obelisks formed a hexagon fortress around the Freedom and Justice Memorial tower perimeter.

 

  Trapping the wounded Herunian Beast within its walls.

 

  Asuka Hikaru nodded in satisfaction.

  “ By the way, League Strategist, I have heard the League has contained a new power lately from Aurora isle. A power that can turn the tide.”

 

  Asuka Hikaru’s want was fully exposed before Austria’s eyes.

 

  Of course, he's heard about it, Austria mused precariously, this prime minister has been tagging along the League’s behind like an ant sucking the aphid’s honeydew.

  But this power…it is a power meant only to be unleashed at the final detrimental moment, and by the League Spokesman himself.

 

  “ Indeed, an ancient power to turn the tide, when the tide is against us.” Strategist Austria replied formally.

  “ That won’t be necessary.”

 

  Yet barely had Austria’s words finished, a deep rumbling thundered, and to both, the strategist's and the Prime Minister’s disbelief, one of the six metal walls started to descend before their eyes.

 

  There, the resisting armies rallied before the lowered side of the wall, and in front of the valorous ranks, stood one figure.

 

  The one person in question, that had Asuka’s blood boiling instantly in rage, was none other than his sister Nanali Hikaru.

 

  In her hand was a similar switch that Austria had preserved under his robe.

  Certainly, the secrets of the City are no shocking stunt to Nanali, who has been the royal princess's tutor and the old Emperor’s stewardess for years.

 

  And yet of the six walls that were raised, she only opened one.

 

  Austria found this move apparently fishy, but his concern was still on something else.

 

  “ I need that power.” Asuka Line Zeta Prime insisted vehemently, his chill running low with each second passing.

  “ Grant me access to this new power the League hordes! I shall give no chance for the tides to turn!”

 

  Calculating like a mega computer in less than half a second, Austria came to a compromising conclusion.

 

  “ Use it…only when it’s time, Prime Minister.” Austria warned, before leaving Asuka on his own, vanishing into the shadows.

 

   

………..

  Now that the Memorial Tower had been sealed behind large looming walls, Tenmei Akiro and his fellowship circled the side, hurrying in search of a way in. With the Ark’arios remerged to his body; Griffon, Nina, and Hector Zefield’s troops following behind; Luka and her zombie doll squad guarding the back while Varis at the front as the vanguard; and Miula Haru, accompanied by the Seed and running close by trying to catch up with the valiant gang, Tenmei Akiro couldn’t help but smile at the fellowship that had mustered to a glorious magnitude over the course of an unexpecting journey.

 

  “ What?” Haru panted, noticing Tenmei’s smile which he quickly tried hard to conceal but failed to escape Haru’s observing gaze.

 

  “ Well, never would I imagine us to come this far.” Tenmei sighed admittingly

“ Waking up like a blank slate in Griffon’s flat seemed like ages ago.”

 

  “ True.” Haru nodded slightly, recalling their first meeting in Griffon’s living room, where she hogged the sofa. That was just about two weeks ago, and now it felt like years have passed since then.

 

  “ Cool armor, by the way.” Tenmei Akiro praised the turquoise Seed armor clad over Haru’s lean slender frame, donned considerably from shoulders down to her feet, covering almost most of her skin protectively, with a short glass fabric that reflected the stars swaying behind her back. The armor was rather strapped tightly yet appropriately adjusted to Haru’s delicate structure, strongly accentuating her small yet fair curves naturally with astro splendor.

  Haru wasn’t used to how she looked the first time she donned the Seed convergence armor, but now she didn’t mind.

 

  “ Thanks. The Seed made it, I guess.”

 

  “ Wow. I see you have adopted the Seed powers pretty fine, also being friends with her. Gonna be a tough goodbye sending it back…”

  Tenmei cut himself short as he noticed a shadow of melancholy swept across Haru’s expression as he spoke, which she concealed immediately with an awkward smile.

 

  “ Yeah…we’re very much like you and Ark’arios now.”

 

  “ …The Seed, we are still gonna send it back to Herunia, right?” Tenmei asked in a curious whisper, which Tenmei regretted asking as Haru’s smile faded.

   But he wants to know.

  “ You told me Rang had figured a way to help separate you from the Seed. That way both you and the Seed will be safe from the League or anything like that.”

 

  “ It’s…complicated.” Haru could but squeeze out a reluctant whisper, trying to outrun Tenmei and escape the question, but running was not one of her reliable specialties.

  “ Try me.” Tenmei was eager to know, to learn more about Haru, and to provide help for the best of her. He cared for her, though Tenmei may not be most aware of the intensity of his feelings yet.

  “ It’s not going to be as complicated as me being a Homunculus of the League, right?”

 

  Wrong. 

 

  But Haru didn’t answer outright.

  Her life had already ended, and the Seed had extended it long enough for Haru to experience an adventure worth a lifetime. The Seed’s return to Herunia marks the end of her voyage, in which she is more than content and wishes to keep that sorrowful secret away from those that shared the journey with her, leaving a sense of bliss as she disappears without leaving a trace.

  Being unrecognized and forgotten after the journey ends and the fellowship disbanded.

 

  At least no one will be sad about it.

 

  No one really cares after all. Not even Tenmei…

  But I want him to care. 

 

  I want him to remember, our journey together, our misunderstandings, our cooperation.

 

  I want someone, Tenmei to help keep these memories while I am gone!

  “ Tenmei…the Seed and I…”

  “ Found… It!”

 

  The fellowship dashed to a halt as Varis the vanguard of the squad bent down at an insignificant corner of the slanting metal high wall.

  No one sensed anything yet Varis bent low at the foot of the strong wall as if a long-lost treasure had been unearthed at last.

 

  “ …It’s Nison…Char.” Varis then showed everyone a thin lasso of orange energy sticking out and leading straight into the thick wall.

  “ He found…secret passage.”

 

  The fellowship’s mouths were agape as Varis tore down what seemed like a hidden path disguised under a thinner layer of the same metal, leading into the Memorial tower grounds on the other side.

 

  “ Took you some time.” the gruff mumble of our vagabond and noble slayer Nison Char echoed inside the secret passage.

  After being knocked off the apex of the Memorial Tower, Nison had been searching for a way to get back up, right before Rang contacted him through the feathered fan hologram device.

 

  “ But, how do you locate this vagrant in the first place, sister Varis?” Luka asked incredulously, sensing fishy work at play.

  To which Varis replied, calm and slowly.

  “ Nison…put his parts…in me. To save…my life.”

 

  Luka was mortified by the answer.

 

  “ What…what kind of parts ?!?! Nison you Vagabond! I’ll kill you!!!”

 

  It took the whole zombie herd to stop Luka from wronging our good-hearted demon puncher and Haru and Varis explaining how Nison used his orange energy forging powers to come up with parts to fix Varis while she was defeated by the Ark’arios back in the chapter before Helltron. I guess it's chapter16, I may be wrong, but I digress.

 

  “ Cut the crap! The League is about to crack that Jellyfish open any time soon!” Nison Char hollered to them all impatiently.

  “ Team Save-Jellyfish turn right after you exit the passageway! Team ambush the Tron men turn left! And Team blow-up-the-League, follow me!!”

 

  The Fellowship then scattered into three squadrons: Hector Zefield and his troops with Griffon and Nina headed left to ambush the Tron horde from behind; Nison Char, Varis, and Luka headed towards the Memorial Tower up ahead; and Tenmei and Haru headed right to save the Herunian Hydrozoan.

 

  “ I kinda wanna save the Jellyfish too.” Luka whined to her big sister Varis.

 

  “ No. You cannot……be seen.” Varis replied calmly as she took Luka by the hand and followed Nison Char up the tower.

  To the right of the Memorial tower plaza, now deserted by nonresponsive tanks and broken rocket launchers, Tenmei and Haru sneaked past the large military structures and scurried swiftly toward where the wounded Jellyfish of Light now lay, struggling ferociously at everything that came near.

 

  The troops here have all been sent to block the resisting warlord armies at the north, as per the plan, thought Tenmei, as he stopped behind a tank and scoured the perimeter cautiously.

 

  But instead of heading out at full speed to the Sacred Beast as Haru expected, Tenmei Akiro turned around to face her.

 

  “ There will be no turning back after this.”

  Tenmei Akiro whispered in a firm contained voice

  “ So before we head out there and finish our task once and for all, I wish to listen to what you were trying to say to me back there, outside the wall.”

 

  “ Tenmei, we have to hurry…”

 

  “ Please. I want to know.”

 

  

  Surrendering to Tenmei’s sincere yearning gaze, Haru gave in. 

  She told Tenmei all of her past in abstract, and how she met the Seed, died, and was brought back to life by the Seed. A second chance to cherish life and live it to its fullest, which she certainly did. And when the time comes for the Seed to return to Blessed Herunia, it’s also her time to go.

 

  “...Do your parents know?” Tenmei’s first concern was of Haru’s parents.

 

  Haru nodded without reply.

 

  “ …Is there no other way…?” Tenmei asked after a short interval of silence, of dread

“ Maybe a cure, a miracle of Herunia…”

 

  “ I should be dead long ago, Tenmei!” Haru spoke aloud, desperation straining in her voice

“ There is no other way…it’s…the natural order of things. It’s the way it is.”

 

  “ And you agree with the way it is?” Tenmei leaned forward, seeking Haru’s reply eagerly

“ Is this the way you really want to go? Just like that? Miula, all our journey, all the things we’ve done, it’s all against logic, against the law even! But that’s what we think is right.

  We survived a revolt and countless attacks;

  We stopped a war machine from exterminating an island of young folk; 

  Heck, we even saved your parents from the notorious Prime Minister, the Late notorious prime minister!

  What I am trying to say is, There is always a way! We’ve been through this far, and now we are trying to stop a League from killing a sacred Jellyfish that governs the cycle of life.

  We can try to find a way to save you. At least…I will try!”

 

  And stretching forth his hand as the light dawned behind Tenmei’s frame, 

 

  he reached out to Haru, motioning her to join on his impossible quest.

 

  Sora nudged Haru forward slightly, hovering behind in quiet solemnness.

 

  The Ark’arios too, like a dark protector, loomed behind in silence.

  Tenmei Akiro reached further.

 

  “ Let us try…one more time. What say you?”

  With her world blurring with tears and the lights flickering all around her and Tenmei, 

 

  Haru took his hand, grasping it firmly, tightly.

 

  “ I say……….Don’t mind if I do.”

  And they both smiled, heading forth to save the Blessed Realm for the sake of the world, and for those they cared deeply about.

 

……….

 

[...............to be ending soon......]

 

 

 

0