Chapter 10 – The Eternal And The Immortals
510 2 20
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

RING

RING

RING

Xavier groaned and awakened from the bliss of his semi-sleeping state.

Angela, sleeping in his arms, untangled their naked bodies, a clear indication for The Eternal to go and check who was at the door.

RING

Another ring and Xavier’s eyes flared with a golden hue – now he was genuinely annoyed. It was not every day that the girl he loved would come back to him after a very shitty relationship.

“Are you gonna get that?” Angela’s eyes fluttered open. “Don’t worry, it’s your house. I am not worried you’d smash and run.”

Xavier spun Angela’s body over, placing himself on top of her. “I would much rather continue to smash,” He voiced with utmost sire.

“No!” Angela panicked, quickly slipping her hands under the sheet, blocking Xavier’s beast from entering her red, and swollen crevice. “We did like five rounds already. Unlike you, I don’t have an abnormally powerful body.”

“Sadly, there are things even I can’t help with,” Xavier sighed.

There was silence for a couple of seconds.

“What changes now?” Angela questioned. “I assume we’re gonna try this again? But we tend to fall into the same patterns when we get comfortable – so, what’s going to change?”

“As much as you want,” Xavier was quick to answer. “We can see each other more. There can be fewer secrets between us – if you think you’re ready to hear some of them.”

“No… I don’t want to know something I shouldn’t,” Angela mused for a couple of seconds and decided to ask. “Can I get a key to the castle?”

Xavier didn’t reply – he simply reached into the drawer next to the bed, withdrew a silver key, and placed it on Angela’s exposed chest.

Her pink nipples distracted him for a couple of seconds, but he was quick to control the urges.

Angela was surprised and gazed at Xavier suspiciously. “You can’t read minds, can’t you?” She inquired, hoping such was not the case.

After all, the number of times she had imagined Xavier with a small dick due to the rumors about him and other girls was numerous.

It would be dreadful if he could extract those times from her memories.

“I can’t read minds,” Xavier rolled his eyes. “I had this made a month ago – I just never got around to giving it to you before the breakup. Though, the house has a facial recognition system so your key is technically your face.”

“So, I can come and go as I please?” Angela grasped the key, solemnity apparent in her eyes. “I know I can’t go to all the places you go – I have a feeling it’s very dangerous. But I sometimes don’t see you for days at a time, and you have to come home eventually. So, I’ll always be here waiting for you.”

“I just need a bit of time,” Xavier checked the time schedule in his mind. “There is an amazing world out there, and I want to show it to you, but I need allies first. Until then, you can stay here. I actually prefer if you bring your things over as soon as possible.”

Angela’s heart skipped a beat. “Are you asking me to move in?” She sounded hopeful and incredulous.

“Well… uhm… ah… I just mean you can bring your things to the guest room, or my room. My closet is pretty empty. Doesn’t have to be all your things, just most of them. You can go home occasionally if you want.”

“Hehe…”

“What?”

“Glad to see that even you can get flustered sometimes,” Angela smiled, rubbing Xavier’s cheek lovingly. “Is that all the concessions you’re going to make or can I ask for more?”

“Anything you want is yours…” Xavier whispered. “I want this relationship to last, so I am willing to compromise. Besides, I have a feeling that everything you want is what you’re due.”

“You have to make up with my parents,” Angela spouted the sentence with urgency. “Mom is mad at you for making me cry, and dad is hurt because he thought your friendship would continue even if we broke up. You have to apologize to them both and ask their permission for us to get back together.”

“Done…”

“Dates once a week, at least,” Angela added, noticing how amendable Xavier had become. “And twice a week, we don’t fuck – you slow down and we make love. I want you to love me like you loved me today… no dominant and no submissive in those scenarios.”

“Done…” Xavier acquiesced because being dominant and submissive was always only a temporary thing to show himself that he could. “Anything else?”

Angela’s eyes turned sharp. “Break things off with Jessica!” She demanded.

“You knew about that?”

“Everyone knows,” She rolled her eyes. “Jessica keeps talking about awesome sex with Mr. X – her mystery guy. She specifically mentioned the two moles on his scrotum. I would be a fool if I couldn’t guess after that.”

“You need to be there when I tell her,” Xavier added. “If you want to keep your friendship with her, intact… that is.”

“I know…” Angela groaned. “We will talk to her together. She may be bitchy for a week or two, but she is a real friend. I know she’ll accept and move on.”

“And that’s all?” Xavier inquired.

“There is one more thing,” Angela hesitated. “I promised Brandon I would go to homecoming with him, so I would like your permission to keep that promise. He needs me there.”

“Is he suicidal again?” Xavier frowned.

“Not really, but he still has trouble adjusting. I have been helping him cope, and don’t worry, our relationship isn’t what he implied in the cafeteria,” She hurriedly explained. “He just wanted to make you jealous, and honestly, I was feeling all kinds of petty.”

PAS

Xavier smacked Angela’s butt with a bit of force, causing her to gasp.

“You’re forgiven,” He smirked.

“And your demands?” Angela inquired, nursing her slightly bruised bum. “You gave me the keys to the castle – there is nothing free with you, so what’s the catch?”

“You’re smart,” Xavier admired. “It was just a gesture anyway, but I would like you to look after Bella the best that you can. She’s Charlie’s daughter and I have a lot of speeding tickets and no money.”

“You never have any money. Remind me again how you afford this place?”

“I don’t…” Xavier admitted. “Month maintenance checks from my parents to their lawyer, and he comes when nobody is around, re-stocks the fridge and everything, then just leave.”

“Well…” Angela released her largest yawn yet, turned away from Xavier, and started to murmur in a sleepy daze. “Don’t forget to check the door.”

“There is no one at the door though,” Xavier focused his attention more actively, once again detecting no heartbeat. “I would have heard their—”

DING

The Eternal got dressed, ensured the bedroom was secured and darted down the stairs as quickly as he could. If there was a battle involved, he didn’t want Angela implicated.

------------

Xavier cautiously opened the door.

His mind warred between an attack-first approach and a more reserved approach. There was no doubt there was something outside the door, but friendly or not was the question.

If an enemy, it would be best to attack first.

But what about a potential ally?

The door flung open fully, revealing Carlisle and Esme Cullen behind. The Leader of The Olympic Coven had wine in his hands, while the mistress of the coven had a healthy, greens-filled Salad.

“Hello.”

“Good Afternoon.”

Xavier was stunned for a second – he peered through the edges of the door, checking to see if Jasper and Emmett had come along.

Had they been here – the muscle of The Olympic Coven – it could very well have been an ambush.

“I am so very confused,” Xavier sighed, staring at the vampires from the comfort of his home.

“If the sun comes back around, the situation will get complicated,” Carlisle gave a weak smile.

“Come on in?” Xavier asked, stepping aside.

Carlisle and Esme entered Xavier’s home, marveling at the décor. The paintings were rare, the chandeliers old, and the overall atmosphere was homey.

… with just a hint of sex in the air.

“Did we interrupt something?” Esme inquired, smiling politely as she always did.

“The buzzer rang twice while I was asleep, but it stopped ringing until my conversation with Angela concluded,” Xavier furrowed his brows. “Are you really gonna pretend like you couldn’t hear the conversation the entire time?”

“We can decide what to hear, and what to just remain vaguely aware of,” Carlisle explained. “We respect everyone’s privacy.”

“Unless Edward is reading their thoughts, or Alice is peering into their future?” Xavier asked with sarcasm.

Esme’s eyes widened slightly in surprise, but Carlisle remained unbothered by the information revealed.

“Forgive them,” He extended a hand. “Their gifts are beyond their control. My name is Carlisle Cullen.”

Xavier shook the outstretched hand. “Xavier Ikaris Aionios,” He stated.

“Esme Cullen…”

“Xavier Ikaris Aionios…”

“Xavier Ikaris Aionios…” Carlisle repeated the name. “The Eternal Sun Chaser, if I am not mistaken?”

Xavier slowly nodded, confirming that his name was indeed meant to be interpreted as such.

“Let’s sit,” The Eternal offered.

Carlisle and Esme didn’t stand on ceremony, taking seats around the dining table after placing their gifts on the kitchen table. Xavier also didn’t stand on ceremony, finding a cork to unscrew the wine. Then, he retrieved three glasses from the cabinet alongside an additional bottle of wine.

When Xavier sat, there were three glasses and two bottles of wine – both opened. With a quick drip of wine into each cup, the atmosphere for a conversation had been set.

“I am confused,” Xavier opened the conversation. “I didn’t expect to meet you this way, not at this time. I always thought I would have to come to you.”

“Alice…” Carlisle gave a one-word reply and added. “She saw this conversation happening. I didn’t know when the opportunity would arise again.”

“I guess it was only a matter of time,” Xavier groaned. “And you came to what? Meet me? Ambush me? Try to determine my origins?”

“We came to say thank you…” Esme voiced. “Alice was all-smiles yesterday thanks to the song you performed in the cafeteria. You even danced with her, however briefly. Humans don’t often touch us without fear after knowing what we are.”

“That’s your first wrong assumption,” Xavier took a sip from his wine. “I am not exactly a human myself.”

“Then what are you?” Carlisle folded his legs, leaning forward curiously. “Though, the only information worth knowing is whether you intend to harm me or my family in any way.”

“Banish the thought,” Xavier frowned. “We will be allies in the face of what’s coming, but right now, your family is more danger than I can safely navigate.”

“You’re implying we’re more of a danger to you than you are to us?” Esme asked for clarification.

“Aren’t you guys a danger to humans by your very nature?” Xavier answered the question in a rather indirect way. “You have yet to take a sip of your wine.”

“I think you have an inkling of our dietary needs,” Carlisle hinted.

“Yet…” Xavier frowned when he heard Angela stirring in the bed upstairs, but she ultimately settled down, allowing the conversations with The Cullens to proceed. “Yet, I still pour you both glasses of wine anyway.”

“Human?”

“Neither human nor animal,” Xavier replied.

Carlisle raised the glass of red wine to eye level, stirring and examining the contents with his powerful vision. As a doctor, he could tell that it was indeed not human or animal blood.

“Trust must start somewhere I suppose,” Carlisle muttered.

Esme placed a hand on his shoulder, and he returned a calm, reassuring smile as he raised the glass to his lips and took a small sip.

There was uncertainty at first.

Then, faintly surprised.

Finally, there was amazement.

“Sour…” Carlisle muttered. “Sour, faintly and pleasantly so, but it is indeed the taste of wine.”

Esme gasped.

It had been decades for Esme, but more than a century since Carlisle could taste anything but blood on his tongue. This was a gift he could not anticipate receiving in such a casual meeting.

He nodded to Esme.

She carefully raised her glass, stirred, and sipped with utmost grace, allowing the wine to linger in her mouth for a couple of seconds before swallowing.

“Mmmm…” Esme was pleased. “Does taste like wine, and there is indeed no blood.”

Xavier drank from his own glass, but instead of partaking in the same wine as Esme and Carlisle, he opted for the bottle of wine that Carlisle had brought as a gift.

“You don’t want to try your own creation?” Carlisle inquired.

“I drink your wine because I can’t handle that one,” Xavier admitted, staring at the glass in Carlisle’s hand with great reluctance. “You said it tastes faint, but the truth is, one sip of that wine and a human would die in drunken bliss – it’s Asgardian Wine treated in Cosmic Rays.”

“Irradiated wine?” Carlisle was surprised.

Xavier shook his head. “Specially brewed, thousand-year-aged, cosmically irradiated wine,” He corrected.

“I fear we have strayed from the topic at hand,” Carlisle steadied his mind.

Xavier held nothing but admiration for the vampire who could demonstrate such self-control – Carlisle had not tasted anything but blood for over a century, yet, he still worried more about his family than the bottle of wine in front of him.

“You may take the bottle when you leave,” Xavier decided and continued. “I am not a threat to your family, and hopefully, I will never be. We will be allies when the time is right, but before that, I cannot help with whatever issues pop up at your doorstep. I decided to share this rare wine with you to show my sincerity and value – the world you know will change in an amazing, but dangerous, way.”

“Before this wine,” Carlisle sighed. “I believed I had seen all there was to see, but now I know I was wrong. Tell me, for what’s coming, is it a danger to my coven or Forks?”

Xavier quirked a brow.

“Neither,” He replied, and added. “Think more on the scale of humanity.”

Carlisle’s and Esme’s eyes widened before frowning expressions made their way onto their faces.

STEP

STEP

Xavier sighed in frustration – there was more information he wanted to relay.

“We will discuss some other time,” He stated. “I will come to you. For now, it’s best we keep the distance.”

Angela swung down the stairs, and the previously discussed voices disappeared – all that remained was Xavier sitting on the couch with a glass of wine in his hands.

“Round Ten?” He inquired, a perverted expression on his face.

Angela stood silent for a couple of seconds before sliding the bathrobe off her body, displaying her beauty for Xavier’s intense gaze.

Xavier blurred to his girlfriend’s side.

Sexual bliss ensued.

 

-------------------------------

 

I hope you guys like the conversation between The Cullens and Xavier. 

I tried to make it as realistic as possible without giving too much away. 

Keep in mind that The Cullens are vampires and as kind as Carlisle is, he would choose his family above all else. 

In the book, Alice waited outside the classroom just in case Edward couldn't resist drinking Bella's blood - that meant, not to face The Volturi's wrath, Alice and Edward would have had to kill all the students in the classroom because they would have become witnesses. 

I feel like a lot of you guys take shots at this novel because you only watch the movie and not read the books - I notice a lot of people don't even know how Alice's abilities work. 

So, don't be so quick to judge if you're unsure. 

 

Support this novel here ----> The_Eternal_Ocean_Soul is creating fanfictions and original novels | Patreon

20