Chapter 7: Bell Test [RE UPLOAD]
113 2 4
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"BEGIN!!" Kakashi shouted as the Genins dashed away.

Kakashi looked around his surroundings for a bit.

'They are all hidden very well. Nice. Kakashi thought with a smirk.

Suddenly Naruto came and delivered a high kick to Kakashi's face at very high speeds. Kakashi easily dodged it by squating down.

When Naruto got both of his legs on the ground, he jumped away from Kakashi.

"Heh...." Naruto muttered whilst un-sheathing Minazuki from his back.

"Hmph...Minazuki, eh? I haven't seen it's face in a while." Kakashi said chuckling.

"This'll be the last time you'll be seeing its face too!" Naruto shouted as he started to dash at Kakashi.

Then, Kakashi suddenly started to pull something out from his pouch.

Naruto immediately halted in his mid dash.

'Is he taking out a weapon!?' Naruto thought with caution.

Shocking everyone, Kakashi pulled out a copy of 'Icha Icha Paradise.'

Everyone became dumbfounded at that.

"Oy!! Come fight me seriously, ya cyclops!!" Naruto shouted poonting an accusatory finger at Kakashi.

"Oh c'mon, I just wanna see what happens next!" Kakashi said whilst turning a page.

"It's your burial then." Naruto said dashing at Kakashi.

Naruto kept slashing at Kakashi left, right and above. Even below! But nothing seemed to hit. Kakashi kept ducking and weaving all the slashes without even removing his eyes from the book he was so engrosed in.

Then suddenly, Kakashi got behind Naruto still in a squating position.

"Carelessness is your worst Enemy." Kakashi said as he put his hand in a tiger seal.

'When did he get behind me!?' Naruto thought in shock.

'His hand is in a tiger seal! Is he going to perform a Katon jutsu!?' Sasuke thought from his hiding spot.

"Naruto, get out!" Sasuke shouted but it was too late.

"Konoha Secret Technique: 1000 Years Of Pain!!" Kakashi shouted

"Ahhhh!" Naruto shouted as he was shot towards the river.

'Secret Technique....?' Sasuke thought deadpanning.

'His guard is wide open!! Now's the time!!' Sasuke thought as he jumped from his hiding spot and threw a dozen Kunai towards Kakashi.

Kakashi swiftly dodged said Kunais.

But the Kunai's turned out to be a trap. One of the Kunai's cut a rope which was connected to a Kunai launcher. When the rope was cut off, the Kunai launcher started to fire a few dozen of Kunais at Kakashi.

 Kakashi jumped from the place where he was standing. As soon as he landed, Sasuke was ready for him. He threw a reverse round-house kick at Kakashi's face which he stopped with his hands. 

Kakashi then took a hold of Sasuke's legs but then Sasuke delivered a punch towards Kakashi's face, which was blocked with his free hand.

With his other leg still on the ground, he performed a axe kick on Kakashi's head. Kakashi had to let go of Sasuke's other leg in order to catch the other incoming one.

Smirking, Sasuke tried to get a grab of the bells with his other hand in which he almost succseeded but due to Kakashi being...well...Kakashi, he threw Sasuke far away from him.

Sasuke managed to get back his footing by performing a backflip mid air.

"You almost got the bells. But almost isn't enough." Kakashi said.

"If you think that was my 100%, then you're totally wrong." Sasuke said smirking as he activated his fully matured Sharingan.

"A fully matured Sharingan, eh? Maybe I'll take you a bit more seriously." Kakashi thought as he put his book away.

They first started of with a battle with Genjutsu. They casting and breaking each others Genjutsu but, ultimately, Kakashi was the winner in this battle due to his vast knowledge and experience.

After realizing he wasn't getting anywhere, Sasuke started to weave hand signs.

"Katon: Great Fireball Jutsu!!" Sasuke shouted as a massive ball of orange flame started to shoot towards Kakashi at rapid speeds.

'A mere Genin shouldn't have enough Chakra to even cast such a jutsu!' Kakashi thought widening his eyes.

After the flames died down Sasuke saw a burned log in the place of Kakashi.

'Kawarimi!' Sasuke thought.

Suddenly Sasuke was grabbed by the foot and was brought down and buried to the ground, up to his neck.

"Always look underneath the underneath, Sasuke." Kakashi said as he appeared in front of Sasuke.

Sasuke in turn smirked.

"Hmph, you should listen to your own advice, Kakashi." Sasuke said as he suddenly dissapeared.

'Genjutsu!' Kakashi thought.

Kakashi was suddenly tied down by shinobi wires. He was completely immobolized.

Suddenly Sasuke appeared behind him and delivered an axe kick to his head.

But then, Kakashi suddenly poofed into smoke.

"Huh?" Sasuke thought confused.

Suddenly Kakashi appeared behind Sasuke.

"Let me guess, you put me under a subtle Genjutsu when you were performing those hand seals for your Great Fireball Jutsu. The Genjutsu was so subtle that even I didn't realize. But alas, that was only my Kage Bunshin. Still, its impressive that you are so talented, even more then Itachi. Well, sorry for this!" Kakashi said as he delivered a neckchop to Sasuke, rendering him unconcious.

'Well, time for you, Sakura.' Kakashi thought when suddenly a dozen chains started to attack him.

'What th--' Kakashi didn't even have time to think. 

He started roll away, jump, flip, all sorts of gymnastics in order to dodge the chains.

"Ya thought I was done, dincha?" Naruto shouted.

"Kage Bunshin No Jutsu!!" Naruto shouted as 20 Kage Bunshins poofed into existence.

"Charge!!" The original Naruto shouted as all of his clones charged at Kakashi, each activating their own set of Adamantine Chains.

'Shit! All of them at once plus the chains. If I get binded by them, I won't be able to mold my Chakra! I guess I'll have to use that.' Kakashi thought as he pulled up his headband, uncovering his left eye.

'Sharingan! Why does Kakashi-sensei have one of those!? He's not an Uchiha!' Naruto thought.

Kakashi pulled out a Kunai from and started move at high speeds, dodging the Adamantine Chains. He also started to disperse one after another clone.

The clones tried to put on some resistance but nothing worked. 

'Damn it! Let's try Taijutsu then!' Naruto thought as he dashed at Kakashi. 

Naruto started to deliver a rapid flurry of palm strikes towards Kakashi but Kakashi swiftly dodged them. Naruto suddenly spun around and delivered a roundhouse kick towards Kakashi's ribs which he promptly blocked but with his other leg, he successfuly managed to land a Shizen enhanced kick on Kakashi's chest which promptly sent the Jonin flying back. 

Suddenly Kakashi poofed out of existence.

'Kage Bunshin!' Naruto thought in high alert mode.

He tried to sense Kakashi's Chakra signature. Even though he had talent in sensing, it still wasn't something he had trained with before.

'Underground!' Naruto thought as he sensed Kakashi below the earth.

Naruto jumped high up into the air as Kakashi's hands came out of the earth and tried to grab him and pull him underground. 

Suddenly, the hands fizzled out of existence.

'Genjutsu!' Naruto thought.

As Naruto landed on the ground he heard Kakashi shout.

"Katon: Great Fireball Jutsu!" Kakashi shouted as a massive ball of orange flame came shooting towards Naruto at rapid speeds.

"Hmph....been meanin' to try this out!" Naruto muttered as he unsheathed Minazuki.

He pointed Minazuki towards the incoming ball of doom. When the fireball collided with Minazuki, the red blade absorbed the whole fireball.

When the flames died down, there could be seen an intracate seal on the red blade glowing a bright platinum color. 

'Woah...so this is what Katon Chakra feels like. This could be usefull when I'm learning Elemental Jutsus.' Naruto thought whilst looking at the seals which were slowly dissapearing.

'Forgot about that ability of its...ah...it's been so long Kushina-san.' Kakashi thought.

[With Sakura]

Whilst Sasuke and Saskura were trying to throw hands with Kakashi, Sakura was pondering something.

'Genin teams always have three Genins and one Jonin sensei. There can't be a team without three Genins, unless one of them were KIA (killed in action). Other than that, a team fresh out of the academy atleast needs three Genins. So what's up with Kakashi sensei saying that "only two of you will pass." It doesn't make sense. Unless......' Sakura came into realization.

'Of course!! I have to find Sasuke-kun and Naruto quickly and inform them about this!' Sakura thought as she started to look for Sasuke.

[With Naruto]

"Hmph...you're not bad with the sword, Naruto. But nowhere near Kushina-san." Kakashi said covering his Sharingan in order to save some Chakra.

"Wh....you knew mom!?" Naruto shouted.

"I was the student of the Yondaime, of course I knew her. I was the one who watched over and protected Kushina-san from any danger whilst she was carrying you during my ANBU days." Kakashi said reminiscing about the old days.

At this, Naruto's eyes were wide open in shock.

Suddenly, Sakura interrupted there moment by calling Naruto.

"Naruto, wait!! We've figured out the point of this test!" Sakura shouted.

Sakura then landed beside Naruto, soon followed by Sasuke.

'Did they actually...!?' Kakashi thought in shock.

"W-what!?" Naruto exclaimed.

"This test intentionally set us up against each other. A Genin team cannot be a 'Genin Team' without three members. There cannot be only two Genins, unless one of them were KIA. The only logical answer is that we have to work together in order to get the bells!" Sakura shouted.

Naruto's eyes widenned in shock at this predicament.

Sasuke nodded in confirmation.

"I already told Sasuke-kun about this when he woke up." Sakura added.

"Yosh! Let's get the bells then!" Naruto shouted punching his own palm.

Suddenly Kakashi started to chuckle to himself.

"Hehehehe.....you lot are quite interesting." Kakashi said.

"You pass!" Kakashi said in a sweet voice.

"Huh!?" Shouted all three Genins in unison.

4