Chapter 14 – Trial
600 3 14
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

After several weeks the day has come. The day when Lucien will undergo his Hell Trials. One could think that there would be many people and the entire ceremony to celebrate the start of the trials. That would be a mistake.

He only changed his hairstyle to that shortening one. He cut his hair so now they were only to the length to his hips. He had bangs and a lock of hair over either ear, he kept his hair back into a ponytail with a red ribbon.

Lucien was the only one who had gone to the entrance to Hell, where the actual spatial rift was located. One of the Royal Guards escorted him there and dropped him right before the entrance.

The entrance was an ordinary cave entrance.

The only difference was that here there were countless traps, pits, and a strong smell of blood. Lucien looked around to see only two guards who were both of 4th-Star or basically S-Rated Ghouls.

They saluted him a moment when they saw him and continued playing chess and drinking blood.

Lucien then again looked at the gloomy entrance to the cave, which gave him a weird feeling. It felt that nothing good was waiting inside, and only danger and death were waiting. But still, he took a step forward and entered the cave.

***

Lucien spent around half an hour only to find a right tunnel that led to a giant valley inside the cave. Actually, this wasn't caving but rather some smaller underground world. More extensive than some human cities. Even when it was a smaller one, it was still significant.

Suddenly as Lucien was going through one tunnel, he saw a demon. It was a little weird-looking creature around one meter tall with red scales and long claws. The claws looked very sharp and somewhat dangerous. Lucien took the opportunity to scan the weir creature as he was still hidden.

This was another kind of scan. He could scan friendly targets with a more precise scan like done with his family, but it won't give him much information because the disparity in cultivation was huge.

This time Lucien chose a description-type scan which provided a primary record of the scanned target.

[Name: Claw Demon (inferior)

Rank: Lesser Demon

Uniqueness: None]

He used "The Game" to look at the Claw Demon in front of him.

Strength of the Lesser Demons ranged from the 1st Star to the 2nd Star, meaning the majority of them were as strong as C-Rated or B-Rated Ghouls.

Lucien was delighted to find the essential information in one scan, and that enemy was far weaker. But what scared him was the fact that this most inferior demon was rated as B-Rated based, and lesser demons were everywhere.

He now knew that place called Hell was terrifying very, very much if the only most degraded demon was as strong as B-Rated Ghoul.

Lucien just looked at the demon and rushed at it at full speed. One good aimed kick at its head killed it immediately, and then Lucien proceeded with his journey. He ambushed this poor demon when it wasn't paying attention to its surroundings and killed it with a surprise attack.

***

After one hour of walking without any rest, Lucien finally found the pre-mentioned valley. It was a vast mini world inside this underground complex. Lucien could feel thousands of demons only by relying on his instincts. There were too many of them, and this was what was the problem.

Too many of them together at one place was a problem cause if Lucien started fighting with one, some smaller group of ten or five, then it would lure too many demons, and he would be overwhelmed with numbers.

Lucien was walking through these tunnels in an endeavor to find some tunnel that would lead directly to the valley, but everything was in vain.

He had already walked for several hours, and the only thing which he found were many Claw Demons, which were killed in an instant.

Lucien's kills count was already nearing one hundred.

Lucien always, when killed some demons, took out a little mechanical device. It was called Blood-Essence Extractor. It had a simple purpose the blood essence from bodies that contained most of the vitality and were of great use to a ghoul.

Lucien stared around at the five bodies of Claw Demons and used the Blood-Essence Extractor on them. This process was speedy. After ten minutes, everything was finished, and Blood-Essence Sacred Refining Furnace had returned to its azure color.

Lucien opened the Blood-Essence Extractor and took out one blood essence, which he stored inside his pocket. Now it wasn't time to refine it, and it won't even give him any considerable increase in his RC Level. So he decided to eat it when he found some suitable place to sleep.

After he moved on, Lucien found a new type of demon standing before the little cave where he was refining Claw Demons. More specifically, this wasn't a demon but rather a demonized monster. The demonized monster was a monster that was subjected to a large amount of demonic energy for a very long time and thus mutated.

This monster was an Orc. Typical orc around two and a half meters in long and fierce gaze in eyes. But unlike regular orcs with green skins, this one had skin in a more reddish color.

This was the result of a demonification process. On top of that, on one of the foreheads of the orc was a small demon horn growing, and both eyes of the orcs were crimson red.

He wore some primitive leather clothes mixed with the fur of some wild animals. Probably wolf fur. Aside from leather-fur clothes, it didn't have any other armor or at least armor parts. In his right hand, there was a large one-sided short ax, and the second hand was empty.

[Name: Demonised Orc

Level: Mutated Lesser Demon]

Lucien looked at this nervously. Honestly, he didn't want to fight this orc. It was much stronger than him, but at the same time, it was far dumber than even an average orc. Its state was similar to an ordinary ghoul who used his kakuja without rational thinking and sanity.

***

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
S-Rated Ghoul = 2 chapters ahead of regular release
Aogiri Leader = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
One-Eyed King = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server! https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF
Images for each chapter included!

14