Chapter 37 – Dark September
364 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Ts. But that's enough for us now. Even if you help only occasionally, it would be a great deal because of your strength."

Said Eto with a somewhat disappointed voice. She wanted Lucien to help Aogiri more actively, and not only when the situation was dire, but it was still better than nothing at all.

"Now, when will the first batch of materials arrive, and where could I pick them up?"

He was clear that they won't be delivering the bodies of ghouls to the house like some kind of delivery service. In the case of quinques, it could still be done because they could have retreated to their form of suitcases or another form that is easier to transport around.

"Bodies and quinques would be ready on the first day of each month, here at the 24th Ward."

This time it was Arima speaking. Lucien nodded his head, and then they talked about the detail of cooperation between them. This talk took more than several hours to finish; most of the talk was about various strategies against the Commission of Counter Ghoul.

Some of them again were in the case when Vasuki would join this "war" to hunt for members of Aogiri. And the last discussion was about the method of how to bring more ghouls to the organization.

Eto wanted to spread the name of the One-Eyed King and him as the ghoul race's liberator. But this was nearly impossible in the current state because Arima was the current One-Eyed King, and probably no ghoul would follow the most notorious and strongest ghoul investigator as their king.

Lucien knew that soon the perfect candidate would appear, and Eto's and Arima's would change again to another course.

Before he left, he gave Eto that blood essence to eat. It was Blood-Essence extracted from ordinary ghouls, so it wasn't very effective. However, like it was said before, this thing was a precious treasure to ordinary ghouls who couldn't find any way to increase their RC Level.

***

Lucien picked up the first batch of quinques and bodies of ghouls for this month, which was already, we could say stored, in the 24th Ward. To be truthful, the 24th Ward is something like a junkyard for ghouls.

They dumped here bodies of other ghouls, remains of killed people, or quinques. No ghoul investigator was brave enough to come, so it was a relatively safe place.

Lucien currently had 37 B-Rated quinques and 12 A-Rated quinques. Somewhere from killed ghoul investigators, and some were stolen by the collaborator of Aogiri Tree inside of CCG. These things were little darlings in Lucien's eyes because they could be used in a variety of things.

The bodies of dead ghouls were astonishing. Exactly a hundred and fifty, but most of them were only B-Rated ghouls, but it was still a nice number. Lucien decided to refine them by ten to achieve a somewhat high-graded Blood-Essence. He would give Aogiri Tree three or four of them and keep the rest for himself.

He returned to his estate. He wasn't in a hurry to refine everything he gained today because he was still thinking about one thing.

Meeting with Arima.

That person looked so calm and, in a certain way, harmless. Like an ordinary person, his instincts told him that he was extremely dangerous the entire time.

From Eto, he had another impression. A hot, mischievous, and hidden sadist and dangerous too. Lucien laid on his bed and closed his eyes slowly. He was thinking about the future because soon, the game would start, and the war would break out.

He was wondering what Oni Tsune would do and how he would react to the entire situation.

Washuu Clan was suspiciously silent and wasn't doing anything. They were even ignoring him after that incident with those ghoul investigators.

He spent some time extracting the Blood-Essence from the delivered ghoul corpses.

Four weaker ones with only one body of A-Rated ghoul inside were given to Aogiri Tree, and the rest Lucien ate by himself.

He increased his RC Level to almost 36,000.

Now it was already September, and the weather was a little colder. Lucien would spend most of his free time with Itori. Sadly he didn't have much free time because he kept training like a madman to increase his personal strength.

Once he even sparred with Arima, but the result wasn't very good for Lucien. They sparred using the only sword, and Lucien used kagune, but he was still defeated. However, it must be said that he could put up a somewhat better fight.

Other than this, he went on some dates with Itori, and he even kissed her more often. They had become something called a couple, probably. Lucien gave her two Blood-Essences that he extracted from ghouls he personally hunted so that they won't be some weaklings of B-Rate or A-Rate, but rather two ghouls of S-Rated ones.

He explained to her about blood essences stuff and everything, and she was very happy that he cared about her. From time to time, he bought her some jewelry or something in that spirit. Women especially loved nice pieces of jewelry.

***

Lucien and Itori were walking through some parks as they held hands. Lucien wore a black suit with a trenchcoat instead of his "noble attire" and had a light brown coat. Itori, on the other hand, was clothed as always and had just a black trenchcoat on her.

After some time of walking, they both sat on the nearest bench; they looked around themselves.

Lucien firstly scanned their surroundings to find if are there any people. Fortunately not, so he kissed Itori on her lips. He would never do something like this when people were near, so every time, he made sure they were in places where aren't people if they were intimate.

Itori was surprised at first, but then she noticed that nobody was there. Hence, she passionately returned the kiss with her tongue. After a short time, they separated and looked at each other.

"I may be in love with you, Itori."

Said Lucien with a serious voice.

...

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
Mortal = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
Legendary = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
Mythos Horror = 15 chapters ahead of regular release
Eldritch God = 20 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server!

 

8