Chapter 127 – Demons here and there
146 0 3
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Blood Island

When Lucien arrived at Blood Island with others, he sent Arima Kishō to the Grandmaster Nalthos of Sternritter for the same reasons as he sent Shen Tatara there. Afterward, he gave his orders he went to find his father to report.

Even though he couldn't find his father, he still managed to find his mother, who was currently in the garden drinking tea, together with his soon-to-be wife, Itori, who had been on Blood Island already for some time.

"Mother, Itori."

Lucien greeted them and both of them greeted him back, even though what surprised him was that Itori greeted him in a more lady-like way.

Apparently, she was already re-educated on how to act like a proper lady, at least in front of people.

Normally she would rush at him and hug him with all her strength, mixed together with some seductive talk.

Sadly such behavior in public, Itori didn't have any problem behaving like this, even in public, was totally unacceptable, so she was educated on how to behave like a proper lady for some time and Lucien admired that she had learned it so fast.

"Where is the father?"

Asked Lucien as he looked at his mother and Itori, who was leisurely drinking tea.

"He went to the Underground world to hunt for peak Greater Demon, which appeared on the last layer together with your grandfather. He would be back probably tomorrow or the day after."

Answered his mother Selene, as she sipped from her tea and looked at Lucien, who had an excited expression on his face. She immediately knew what he was thinking and just shook her head in defeat.

"Just be careful; there are more and more Greater Demons down there."

Said his mother with concern in her voice, to which Lucien showed a delighted and wide smile and immediately disappeared from the estate and went directly to the entrance to the Underground world. The entrance itself was guarded with

Lucien entered the Underground and went directly to the second layer of the place.

As he was going through the place, the first layer, he encountered many Lesser Demons, who were instantly killed by Lucien's kagune daggers, which he controlled through his telekinesis ability.

With this terrifying way of combat, he slaughtered countless Lesser Demons, many of them were at the peak of the Lesser Demon Rank, but they couldn't stand even one attack from the kagune dagger and telekinesis combination.

Soon he entered the second layer and even managed to obtain many corpses of Lesser Demons, which was pretty good loot but not that useful to him now as he needed blood essences of higher quality than that of Lesser.

When he was on the second layer, he searched for the Greater Demons; fortunately, he didn't need to search for long as soon he found Greater Demon, more precisely Greater Demon Imp, to which Lucien showed a disappointed face.

Still, the good news was that there were more than twenty of them, which was a good number of corpses.

As he saw the Imps closing on him, he switched to another form of attack. He unleashed his huge crystal-looking kagune wings and flew high into the air and then shots tens of crystal projectiles at the group of Imps who still didn't discover Lucien.

Sadly when they noticed that something was flying in the air and lacked Demon Qi, it was pretty late and countless crystal projectiles tore through the bodies of poor Imps and most of them were killed on the spot. Those who were lucky to survive were severely injured and were killed by Lucien's next wave of attack.

He then collected those corpses to his Cross Crest and proceeded to search for stronger Greater Demons as they would be a better challenge for him. What was surprising a bit was the number of Greater Demons on the second layer of this small underground world.

One could say there were several basic types of demons.

The lowest ones were Demon Beasts and Demonized Monsters, which are basically either Beasts and Monsters influenced by the huge amount of Demon Qi and thus changing their fundamental abilities and even race.

Above them are normal Demons; in this category belong those species like Imps, Winged Demons, and other types of demons who inhabit Demon Worlds. Some of them may look like humanoid types, but that isn't some kind of rule.

The highest tier of Demons is those of Humanoid-type. That meant they looked similar to humans, but they had horns, wings, tail and other racial traits which belonged to Demon Race.

As Lucien walked through this layer of the underground world in his search for a strong Greater Demon, he could fight.

The sad thing for him was the fact, that practically the whole layer was just occupied by Greater Demon Demons, which wasn't that bad as they were good resources when Lucien killed them and obtained their corpses.

Sadly even after two or three hours of searching, he still didn't manage to find stronger demons; most enemies he encountered were either Demonized Monsters or only the lowest and weakest members of the Demon Race, which were Imps.

Still, he managed to kill several hundred of them, so he had enough cultivation resources.

After he had been searching for enough time, Lucien finally found his target. Greater Winged Demon.

Winged Demon looked very similar to an orc as he was similarly muscular and ugly at the same time.

The difference was in the color of skin, as the Winged Demons had brown skin and two wings on their back.

Lucien observed the demon before him and noticed that it was armed with two blades, rusty ones and already pretty destroyed.

Even the armor that the Winged Demon was wearing was completely tattered and almost destroyed; apparently, this one had just escaped the battle.

Probably he managed to slip away from his father or grandfather and survived some of their AOE attacks.

And thus, Lucien went on the complete battle mode, as he unleashed his kagune ukaku wings and congealed kagune katana, which he gripped tightly in his right hand.

He then flew high in the air and rushed at the Winged Demon at the full speed of his wings.

Surprisingly his wings were very fast, which was very good news to him.

When he arrived before the Greater Winged Demon and their blades collided it created sparks in the air and the Greater Winged Demon was pushed back under the pressure and might of Lucien's strike.

Then after the Greater Winged Demon lost part of his balance, Lucien shot at him several crystal projectiles created through his ukaku wings to injure the Greater Winged Demon even more.

During the time the Greater Winged Demon was trying to defend against the crystal projectiles, Lucien was already in the battle stance and prepared to strike at his enemy. In a split of a second, he performed perfect Iaido and severed one arm of the Greater Winged Demon.

Blood spurted out of the wound and Demon was completely shocked that one of his arms was now severed, but it was not time to be shocked as Lucien was already before him and his katana was piercing through his throat.

After the Greater Winged Demon fell down dead, Lucien was a bit disappointed as the Viscount-Ranked Winged Demon was too weak. Thinking back it was understandable it was weak as it was only ordinary cannon fodder so its combat prowess would be rather low.

Then he stored the corps of the Greater Winged Demon in his Cross Crest and continued in his search for more Greater Demons in this layer.

Sadly thee weren't anymore. Just some random Greater Winged Demons and nothing more. Not counting the small swarms of Imps that were here and there.

Thus Lucien started thinking about entering the third layer of this small underground world as he had never entered it before.

From what he knew, that layer now housed many powerful Greater Demons and even Demon Nobles appeared rather often, but they were quickly disposed of by four people guarding it down there.

Besides Lucien's father, Asmodeus and his grandfather Azrael from their race, there was also the patriarch of the Vampire Clan of the Wandenreich and, together with his father, Old Ancestor of the Vampire Clan of Empire.

Thinking about it a bit more, Lucien decided to enter the third layer to fight stronger demons...

This was really the start of the New Era...

Start of the Apocalypse Doomsday!

3