Chapter 17 – Imp
576 4 12
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Lucien watched two Red Demonized Orcs glaring at each other for some time. Suddenly both of them gripped their weapons, one had a short one-handed axe, and another had a wooden club with iron spikes. Both orcs slashed simultaneously as their weapon created sparks in the air.

This was Lucien's opportunity. He rushed at one Red Demonized Orc from his back and slashed at his spinal cord, swiftly severing his head. Another orc was stunned and angered by a sudden attack by the third party and roared in anger.

Lucien then jumped into the air and performed a strong kick air at the arm of an orc which was still roaring. Just one kick was enough for the orc's arm to break, and the orc fell to the ground, where Lucien quickly slashed his throat.

Then he used Blood-Essence Extractor on the orcs and went away. Now he had several Blood-Essences waiting for him to be consumed.

***

Lucien then found himself a nice place to eat the Blood Essences.

He gulped them all in one go and let his RC Cells devour them. His RC Level increased by another 200 points or so. Lucien hoped that he would be able to reach 4th-Star before he left for Tokyo.

If he reached 4th-Star, then in Tokyo, he would have a much easier time fighting against Washuu Clan. Another thing was that if he reached 4th-Star, Royal Guard wouldn't probably come with him so that he would have more freedom.

***

For more than a month, Lucien has wandered through an entire valley full of demons. He killed too many of them and devoured refined blood essences, which had already lost their meaning. Now he only ate them as a source of food.

They could satisfy hunger at least, but his RC Level would increase only by a few points. Nowadays, he needed blood essences from creatures at least strong as the Red Demonised Orc.

Lucien had already reached the required kill quota but remained in this place. He wanted to look at the rumored spatial rift, which was leading to Hell, and obtain more blood essences. Even though they may not be able to help him, they were priceless to some weaker Ghouls.

Because their race was once driven to the edge of extinction by wars in the past, they were extremely coherent as someone big family.

The constant threat of demons on Blood Island and fights against demons made all members of this race very overprotective of each other. Aeon House was something akin to a royal house and was responsible for the protection of the entire race and was a wall against all enemies threatening the race.

Due to their population being always so low, they have lived close all the time since coming to Blood Island. Even now, when childbirth wasn't a big problem, and the rate increased, this still hasn't changed.

Lucien wandered through the valley as usual when he saw something weird at once. He saw a new demon, which he had never seen before. It was flying in the air. It was a small demon, around one meter high, with one pair of wings bigger than himself. It had dark red skin, shining blue-green eyes, and two large horns on its head.

It was Imp.

Lucien quickly scanned it through The Game to see the strength of the demon.

[Name: Imp

Level: Greater Demon]

Lucien looked at the scan and started if he should engage or not. It was common knowledge that imps were one of the weakest races among demon races, but they were highly intelligent and very cunning. If he didn't manage to kill it at one hit, there could be troubles. It could bring an entire horde of other imps.

Lucien now knew what imp doing here as he had been observing it for a while was. He killed too many Claw Demons and Red Demonised Orcs in this valley, and it lured here stronger demons to inspect this place.

Fortunately, this was only one weaker Greater Demon, and there weren't more of them.

His dream of seeing that spatial rift now disappeared into the void as he knew that it was impossible. He wasn't even on the deepest part of an entire underground complex.

There was already Greater Demon, albeit a newly evolved one.

Now he understood the danger of demons and was afraid. What would happen if suddenly many of these creatures wanted the venture to Blood Island.

Hopefully, none of them would be Demon Nobles, or they would be in deep trouble.

Lucien decided it would be better not to attack the imp and escaped at his highest speed. But as he was running away, he didn't notice that the imp was already glaring at him.

***

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
S-Rated Ghoul = 2 chapters ahead of regular release
Aogiri Leader = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
One-Eyed King = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server! https://discord.gg/vF5qYPBpqF
Images for each chapter included!

12