Chapter 36 – Cooperation
342 0 8
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"Sooo, who would like to start?"

Questioned Lucien with a little mischievous voice; he knew that both Eto and Arima had any questions regarding all of this. Especially Eto, because she was the only leader of Aogiri Tree and didn't have access to confidential pieces of information like Arima Kishou.

"What has forced the Aeon House to send only heir to deal with Washuu Clan?"

One must say that Arima was a really straightforward person.

"Several years ago, Washuu Clan, several agents of Vasuki, sneak into our Island. Unfortunately for them, soon they were found by some of the guards of our House, and they fought a battle to the death. When they almost lost, they exploded a bomb that destroyed something precious. Thenceforth our House has been thinking about the method of how to deal with them, and in the end, they sent me here because other stronger members of House and race can't leave the island due to special reasons.

Even Eto now listened attentively to Lucien's talk. It appeared that Washuu Clan had made powerful enemies. However, the enemy couldn't do anything to them because of some unmentioned reasons.

"What kind of cooperation could Aeon House provide?"

Asked Arima with a straight face. He was rather curious about what he would heir as the Aeon House proposes. Lucien smiled at this as the long-awaited question.

"Only a simple thing. I could provide you with this."

Lucien answered to him as he took out a small red ball.

It was blood essence; it was much smaller compared to those Lucien ate or those which he gave to Itori or Uta. It was because this one was refined from only one B-Rated ghoul, so its effect is much weaker.

However, it is still precious in the eyes of ordinary ghouls because it could increase their RC Level without the need to cannibalize.

"You sure know how to negotiate."

Sighed Arima when he saw this. He was aware of blood essences and their effects. In truth, Washuu Clan produced them too, but it was top-secret, and only a small amount of them were released to some of the outstanding members of the main clan.

Arima only knew that Washuu Clan had blood essences and some methods of how to make them, but sadly he didn't have any means to obtain even them. Washuu Clan guarded them extremely heavily, constantly being under the watch of several elders of the clan.

Eto blinked her eyes, seemingly not understanding what those little beads represented. But seeing that even Arima was heavily tempted to obtain them, she knew that they must be very valuable.

"Hey, hey, what is that thing?"

Asked Eto both Lucien and Arima. This time it was Arima who took charge of explaining things, to which Lucien was somewhat grateful. He wasn't very interested in explaining every one thing to her cause she lacked common knowledge in certain areas.

"That thing you called it is called blood essence. It's capable of improving the RC Level of ghoul, the material required to refine that is the body of other ghouls. Washuu Clan has them too, but not in large numbers."

Lucien smiled at this explanation, not saying anything.

"So what do you want in exchange for Blood-Essences?"

Asked Arima in a calm voice. He knew that these little beads were crucial for the smooth progress of their plan because they could nurture some ghouls into stronger existences and maybe overwhelm CCG and become rivals for Vasuki.

"This will be long-term cooperation. You will provide me only with two things. One is the bodies of ghouls and ghoul investigators. The second thing is that I want all the quinques that you manage to obtain. I will provide you with several blood essences, capable of increasing RC Level even by a hundred if I have enough materials."

Presented Lucien his terms. He only hoped that Arima would know nothing about the extraction process of Blood-Essences and the creation of the Blood-Essence Extractor.

Assume he could obtain a massive amount of quinques and bodies of ghouls. In that case, he could refine many blood essences and increase his own RC Level to achieve 5th-Star as soon as possible.

Arima and Eto were both discussing this proposal by themselves. It was true that quinques were of no use to a ghoul who had kagune, and bodies of dead ghouls were useless because most ghouls who cannibalized would go insane.

Only a very few of them could keep their mind clean, so only minimum bodies of the ghoul are required for certain individuals in Aogiri Tree.

After ten minutes, Eto and Arima came to a conclusion and agreed with Lucien's proposal. But Eto added one more thing because she had the feeling that Lucien was just using them for his own good.

This wasn't false because he was genuinely using them.

He only planned to hand them a minority of the blood essences he extracted and keep the rest of them for himself, Itori, Uta, and some of his minions. He thought if he could groom all those twenty or thirty minions to the higher star of the RC Star Evolution Method.

"I request you to help us in fights when the situation turns dire."

Even though he wasn't surprised by this request, he knew that it wasn't so bad to fight occasionally.

He knew that he couldn't be the promised one, but he could still help in some way; his enemies were hiding in the dark and not dancing in the light.

"Okay, but only when the situation gets very serious. Otherwise, I am the only bystander. My priority is to fight with Washuu Clan and not their puppets."

...

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
Mortal = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
Legendary = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
Mythos Horror = 15 chapters ahead of regular release
Eldritch God = 20 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server!

8