Chapter 40 – Honor
401 1 6
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Both Lucien and Washuu Tsunemoro jumped away from each other after the initial clash. The Elder of the Washuu Clan realized that in terms of physical strength, he is far weaker than Lucien, but his kenjutsu is more refined and experienced than Lucien's.

This gave him a slight advantage during this fight.

After the first wave of attacks, mercenaries attacked still shocked agents of V, which gave them some moment of surprise. But when he realized that Lucien was manipulating several kagune daggers to attack members of Vasuki. Even though they were nothing more than chess pieces, they still held their value.

Lucien and Elder Washuu Tsunemoro exchanged several strikes, and nobody had an advantage. Lucien had better physical strength, and Washuu Tsunemoro had better kenjutsu.

"Your kenjutsu is very exceptional, Elder Tsunemoro; in this regard, I must admit my defeat. It's my honor to exchange pointers with you."

He complimented the kenjutsu of Elder Tsunemoro and bowed lightly. It was the truth that Elder's kenjutsu was more refined and sharper than his own.

"Same could be said about your physical strength and speed. I am already old, and I don't have that in me already."

Elder Tsunemoro returned the compliment to Lucien.

It was a little weird to see two people who were trying to kill each other being so polite to each other.

Lucien and Washuu Tsunemoro understood regarded it as basic noble manners.

Both of them took battle stances as they gripped their respective katanas strongly. Iaido is a Japanese martial art that emphasizes being aware and capable of quickly drawing the sword and responding to a sudden attack.

They performed perfect iaido, and their swords clashed, sparks were in the air, and both of them were gazing at each other. Their duel was at a blank point.

The same cannot be said about agents of V that were fighting against mercenaries. Lucien was even supporting them by the usage of kagune daggers. He managed to kill several agents of V when they were occupied by fighting mercenaries, which Lucien brought.

But mercenaries, too, had some losses, and several of them managed to get killed.

Lucien looked at this and knew the numbers of mercenaries were decreasing, so he gave the signal. He shot one kagune dagger high in the air, and then he let it fall onto the ground, creating a smaller crater.

This was a signal to Uta, who was hiding in the shadows. He needed him to act. His strength was above SS-Rate, and now his abilities were far stronger as he received many blood essences from Lucien as well as a simplified version of combat technique.

Suddenly Uta appeared in his second mask, resembling a bird with a wide beak and four small holes on the side. Several tails materialized from his back in mere seconds.

They managed to kill two agents of Vasuki by taking them by surprise.

When Elder Washuu Tsunemoro saw that, he was clearly mad. He knew that a powerful one had appeared, and he was locked in combat with Lucien. He was now regretting not bringing stronger combatants.

All agents here were only A-Rated ghouls or half-humans with the ability of First-Class Ghoul Investigator, and only a minority of them were at S-Rate.

Now that Uta has come to support him, Lucien could freely fight with Elder Tsunemoro. He knew that after some time, all mercenaries would be killed even with his support. Agents of Vasuki had a numerical advantage which wasn't a small one.

Fortunately, he ordered Uta to come with him and hide nearby.

"Finally, my friend arrived here, so now we won't be interrupted during our fight."

Said Lucien with a vicious grin as he gripped his katana and shot toward Elder Tsunemoro at full speed. But he wasn't the only thing. Several kagune daggers were already aiming at Elder's vitals.

As Elder Tsunemoror was an experienced combatant, he managed to dodge three kagune daggers and block one. But his leg and arm were injured by the other two daggers.

Then he saw that Lucien was already before him with his attack. However, unfortunately for him, as his arm was damaged, he couldn't hold his katana properly. Lucien's attack managed to sever his hand.

His hand fell onto the ground, and he knew that this was the moment he met his demise. Then he felt it; a sharp pain penetrated his stomach, which was penetrated from one blood-red kagune tail.

"The-y always say that y-onger genrati-on will ov-er-come us."

Said the old man as he was coughing blood and he was on his knees. Lucien was looking at the last moments of his life before coming to him, holding his katana in his hand.

"Your abilities in kenjutsu were exceptional, but sadly you didn't manage to block all my kagune dagger, which I controlled through telekinesis. I am honored to give you death worth of samurai."

Said Lucien as he bowed to Elder before taking a battle stance and slashing at his head. His head was severed, but his face was clearly smiling.

It could be said that Elder Washuu Tsunemoro died satisfied.

Then Lucien shot at the nearest agent of Vasuki and killed him in one hit. He wasn't holding back in the slightest cause these were just mere cannon fodder; he couldn't obtain some experiences from them or something.

When Lucien previously fought with Elder Washuu Tsunemoro, he used his telekinesis only after some time; it was because he wanted to fight by pure kenjutsu.

Uta was too going on the rampage, and several agents of Vasuki were killed by his hand. For him killing these weaker agents was nothing. The same could be said about Lucien, and even his subordinate Darkwalker managed to kill several agents. Losses of mercenaries weren't so significant as only around eight of them were killed in action.

After ten minutes, the fight ended, and only dead bodies remained there. Lucien was a little bit shocked at the actions of agents of V.

Even though they knew that they would lose and be killed, they still fought to the death. This was probably the result of the brainwashing process they had undergone.

"Bring all the bodies in one place so I can store them."

Ordered Lucien to mercenaries.

They just followed his order without any questions. They didn't care about what he would do; they were too brainwashed in some way to be loyal to the Aeon House and carry orders without question.

They have already seen many supernatural things already.

After twenty minutes, all bodies were in one huge pile, and Lucien stored them in his Cross Crest. After that, mercenaries loaded all blood essences into an armored vehicle, and then Lucien looked at Uta, who nodded his head and then disappeared.

Lucien then got into an armored vehicle, and the convoy went back to the estate.

...

Please support me on pa-treon (it would mean a lot and basically, only thanks to the patrons, the novel is still going on / PS. new billing system on) and read advanced chapters https://www.patre*on.com/Trafford
Mortal = 5 chapters ahead of regular release
Legendary = 10 chapters ahead of regular release
Mythos Horror = 15 chapters ahead of regular release
Eldritch God = 20 chapters ahead of regular release
***
Join, join, join my discord server!

6