First Fly
340 2 9
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Ser Harrold glanced at the entrance of the dungeon caves, the base of the entrance which contained a few of the largest wild dragons.

A sigh escaped his mouth. 'If Prince Baelon meets an accident down there... I have no idea how I will face his majesty.'

Ser Joe Mary as if understanding Ser Harrold's woes smiled lightly. He leaned slightly against the entrance as he spoke.

"Do not worry, Lord Commander. Prince Baelon is special."

Ser Harrold raised an eyebrow at Ser Joe's comment. Certainly, after seeing recent events... the crown prince did come across as quite a lot distinctive.

Prince Baelon was far more handsome compared to his predecessors, even his swords skills were of someone trained for years... not just that... his instincts were exceptional.

The heir apparent brimmed with personality. Arrogant, cold, and calculating with a hint of kindness mixed in.

The Crown Prince seemed to pride his roots a lot, more than even Prince Daemon or his father, King Viserys.

Ser Harrold nodded as he observed the young knight in front. In all actuality, he had never even seen Ser Joe Mary before... only after he accompanied the Crown Prince during the duel did he take notice.

A good lad, Harrold would not lie. Respectful and loyal. The prince had a sight to behold.

*Brhmmmmmmm....!!!!!*

Ser Harrold immediately clutched the hilt of his blade tight as he glanced at Ser Joe. Both of them looked around and downward.

Gulping slightly, Ser Harrold spoke... a tone filled with dread.

"What happened?"

The rumblings calmed down... almost vanished in all actuality. It was as if they never existed. Ser Joe Mary's face was pale as his grip on the hilt loosened.

"I.... do not know, Lord Commander."

They both stood still for a moment. Even as Ser Harrold slowly walked towards the entrance, he could hear the sound of distant thunder.

'Not again.'

And once again, it came... but this time.... it was different. Far different from the one before.

The rumbling echoed throughout the entire dungeon. The earth shook like an earthquake. Ser Harrold slowly turned around, taking in the scene. He quickly began running over as he saw Ser Lorant Markbrand and Ser Steffon Darklyn...

Both of them shouted as soon as they saw their Lord Commander.

"DRAGON!!!!"

Ser Harrold froze. He released the grip of his sword as it fell to the ground. Ser Joe Mary who was running behind Ser Harrold froze.

"Lord Commander!! Why have we stopped?" He frowned. The commander was not speaking, he looked front to look at the other knights that too had stopped.

A massive shadow loomed over the entire of Dragonstone covering it in darkness. It was as if night had come already.

A thunderous roar sounded out once again, echoing through the whole dungeon and the entire Dragonstone.

The ground trembled violently... as dragons flew out of the pit. Vermithor and Silverwing. Roaring at the top of their lungs. Unknown if it was out of respect.

"Ser Harrold! Ser Joe Mary! What is happening?!"

He heard the shaky voice of Ser Lorant Markbrand. Ser Joe Mary glanced at Harrold with an expecting expression.

Harrold opened his mouth, gulping his saliva.

"The dragons... are singing."

Silence ensued between them. Ser Joe Mary spoke quickly.

"Does that mean, his grace has succeeded?"

Ser Harrold lowered his head looking at Ser Joe straight in the eye.

"I do not know."

*ROAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGHHHHHH!!!!!!!*

A horrifying sound broke through the air piercing into their ears. Blood began to flow out from their lobes.

It felt as though they were struck by lightning. Their hair stood on end as if every strand of it was electrocuted.

The dragon then seemed to have flapped a wing, seeing how the waves of the ocean disappeared to the other side similar to mini tsunamis.

Then the dragon landed. The four knights were not able to see its entire body

But they could see its tail. A giant black dragon with a silver underside. Its eyes glowed bright red as it roared.

The ground shook as it walked towards them. They could feel the heat radiating from its body.

The saying, 'Fire made flesh resounded in their mind.'

Their bodies shivered as they felt the heat touching them. Ser Steffon Darklyn muttered out loud.

"I-Is that Cannibal?"

He did not get an answer. Everyone was in awe of the majestic creature. Bigger than any other they had seen.

Even larger than Vhagar.

However, soon they heard a shout in the distance.

"Somebody give me some clothes!"

Then they saw the Crown Prince. His face had blood dripping down his chin. His cape was burnt to ashes. His boots and armor were completely burned. He was as naked as a man could be.

On his arm, the skin was filled with dust as he sat atop the dragon's back. It was a lot hard to see.

Ser Joe Mary instantly responded much to the slow reactions of the other knights.

"Y-yes your grace! I shall send a maid at the earliest."

In the time he spent with Prince Baelon, Ser Joe Mary knew he preferred women...

~

I was now sitting on the dragon's back. I stared at the big black dragon as it did back at me.

To the others on the ground, it would seem as if I were having a conversation. Luckily I brought Dyana with me, the other maids would not dare to come even a little close to Cannibal- now Neltharion.

I could feel her dainty palms running across my skin as she washed my back. She was quite skilled when it came to bathing me.

She was still a bit shy though.

"Thank you, Dyana." I checked out the cloth I was now wearing.

It was a deep blue cloth and a matching pair of pants for the below made out of fine silk. If I was right, then this was a preserved dress made by the skilled hands of Rhaenys, the sister-wife of Aegon the conquerer herself, and as I expected it was beautiful.

This was the perfect clothing to present me in front of the Velaryons. Royal Blue looks beautiful on me despite the Targaryan colors being charcoal and red.

"Your highness... do you need a drink?" I smiled at her as I patted her hand.

"You are perfect Dyana." The maid blushed, as I sank my fangs into her neck. Neltharion's eyes fluttered open upon the scent of blood as I patted it with my left hand.

Drinking my fair share, I release my fangs out of her neck as I smiled at the young girl.

"If you keep being lovely I will give you a surprise gift."

She nodded as I let go of her, letting Ser Joe Mary finally escort her down and towards the other maids.

I glanced at everyone, as they crowded near Neltharion. Awe filled in their eyes as they burnt this scene in their memory. I could see my cannibal getting impatient and hungry.

It would not be safe for my people for us to linger here any longer. We need to move fast. I waved towards them all as they chanted my name and bid me farewell.

Ser Harrold rushed towards me.

"Your grace!! Where are you going!?!"

I simply smiled at him but I don't think he can see that but that mattered naught. Slapping the dragon's back, it flapped its wing hard as we instantly vanished into the sky.

The sheer power in his wings was magnificent. They were long, thick, and big.

Not even a breath of wind blew through our bodies as we soared up into the air. The crimson sun was just beginning to rise as we flew high above the world.

I looked back, the island looked extremely small. However, two dragons followed Neltharion. Namely, Vermithor and Silverwing.

It seems as if Cannibal had an effect similar to an alpha wolf. Not only that, the more I examined him... the more changes were in him.

He was unlike other dragons. His arms were not attached to his forearms and were separate. He also had a very wide chest area.

Looking at the side of his face... He had no scales whatsoever. There were instead... patches of fur.

His claws were also... long and sharp. I could hear the sound of the wind cutting into my ears. This creature... he was more majestic than any other dragons I have seen so far.

It seemed that he was gaining his own powers. I would soon learn more about it.

A dragon of a higher standard compared to the others if I had to put my fingers around it. My face broke into a grin, as I looked ahead enjoying the wind hitting my face.

I felt the warm sun on my skin as we flew. It felt wonderful. No wonder Targeryans take every possible opportunity to ride a dragon when they claim it.

This was true freedom.

The view was marvelous. I was confused to why my body could not feel the jitters that I felt before when in the middle of the sea.

However, I had come upon a justification for that. Previously, I was upon a ship surrounded by water... the domain being the sea.

....now I am in the air, the domain being the sky.

For example, the moment I stepped foot on actual land all of my weaknesses had disappeared so was the case for the skies.

If my guess is correct, my weakness should be salt water. Maybe my body is allergic to it, as can be seen, normal water does not affect me.

As for why Neltharion did not go berserk similar to me when I turned into a Vampyre was simple- when he became one, I felt a pint of Blood Energy sucked out of me.

Shaking my head, I looked forward, I could see Driftmark already. The sea was calm... not even a single wave disturbed it except when we would fly over.

The island itself was a lot larger than I thought. Although the town was very small, resembling a fishing village with a few houses, inns, and shops.

[Image here]

I could see people out on their boats. Most of them jumped out of their boats and ran away as we neared.

Neltharion let out a mighty roar as he swooped down. The people on the ground screamed as they ran as far as they could.

It was only a matter of seconds before we were above the town.

We landed on a rocky beach, the sand and rocks beneath us being so soft and smooth. A roar erupted from the people below us. They did not know what to make of the sight of us.

Neltharion spread his wings wide as he roared again.

In front was the Driftmark Castle, High Tide. From afar, it appeared as a small fortress with multiple towers. At the same time, it looked like it was built in the middle of the sea.

There was a large opening in the middle of the castle facing north.

That is where the large gates stood open with a family of two lying in wait for us.

I looked at them as a small lopsided smile formed on my face.

The Velaryons.

9