Chapter 2 – Underground
9 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Noy was now thinking clearly, “This must be the forest that I saw on the map back in the mansion. I should be safe around here from the pursuers.”

Huff Huff

He had been walking around the forest for more than half a day when he felt that something wasn't right.

“I clearly remember that the forest in the north was small and when you walk for a little over 3 hours North, you should have been able to get out of the forest… There is definitely something wrong here.”

"Now that I look at the forest closely. There are a lot of trees that are unfamiliar to me."

Despite having such thoughts there was little that he could do. He didn't know what to do or how to get out of the forest.

Grrr…

Noy’s stomach started to growl in protest after running for so long.

“I need to eat something. Let’s see… there should be some fruits in this forest.”

To search for fruits, he aimlessly started to wander in various directions.

“There definitely should be some fruits….. right?”

….

“There’s no any fruits..”

“How does it make any sense to not have any fruits in this whole forest??… Ugh, I am so tired. I have searched as far as I could but I could only find trees and some strange-looking flowers.”

With a frown face, he gave up on searching for the time being and decided to sit under this tall tree to get some rest.

The tree was so tall that it looked like it would almost reach the sky along with its long branches that branched in every direction. Sunlight barely passed through its leaves to the ground which resulted in only grass growing beneath it. This was a comfortable place for Noy to rest.

"I will have to get something to eat but that’s not the most urgent matter. I need to think of a way to get water or there will be a serious problem from dehydration. I didn’t even see any rivers or lakes.." Noy exhaustingly thought to himself as he laid down on the grass underneath the trees, “I will continue my search for food and water after I get some rest.”

As he was closing his eye, suddenly the ground where he was resting collapsed and he fell through the hole.

He tumbled to the ground and a loud thud could be heard as he landed on the floor.

“Oww... What is this place?" Noy said in a tired voice.

There was no light anywhere except for the dimly lit sunrays passing through the hole.

“My hands and back hurt from the fall. It seems the floor here is made out of concrete.”

He looked around to find anything but could only see darkness all around him except where he was standing.

The air was cold followed by the loud silence that felt almost similar to the nighttime in a cemetery. He felt the shivers going down his body.

He wanted to get out of there but the ceiling was too high to reach. He couldn’t just go out of the hole he fell from.

After giving a deep thought, he decided to explore the place and find a way out another way.

He held his hands out like some kind of an idiot for some time.

After a while, “Found it!!!” He found the wall on the right. It was a common tactic for people who gets lost to stick to a single wall and follow it which often resulted in them finding a door or pathway leading to other places.

The wall was also made of some concrete materials like the floor with some rough textures. But what the purpose of this room or whatever it was, was still unknown to him.

“I should go along these walls. ”

Noy had been following the wall for more than five hours now but there was still no sign of it ending.

“Huff Huff Why are these walls so long? There’s not even a single light that I have seen here.”

With no energy left, a little an hour later, he started to get unconscious. His vision started to get blurry and he could feel his eyes slowly closing.

“I can’t f….” As he murmured, he fell flat on the floor sideways with his shoulders taking up the impact.

It was a miracle that he was able to hold on to his conscious for so long considering he was just an 8 year old. But now he had finally reached his limit.

1