3 – Drama at the doorsteps
63 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

11212022-11222022.0931

1


The horse ride was a little uncomfortable for him earlier. He couldn't breathe when the horse rider kept raising his speed limit against the traffic regulation's advised speed level. For some reasons, there was a strong scent of white oolong tea drifting out from Min Shuiyin.

It was soothing, overpowering, but smoky and slightly bittersweet. A small white snake was coiled around Min Shuiyin's wrist.

Zhou Anhe thought it was just a bracelet with startling blood red eyes, but he felt like he was being watched.

Zhou Anhe proudly held his breath in to resist the rider's enticing scent and pulled up his navy collar to tuck his head in like a cowardly turtle withdrawing into his shell. He could only hide his nose and stubbornly gritted his teeth until his face was almost blue.

When the three men arrived at the Yi mansion, Min Shuiyin gently put Zhou Anhe on the ground from his horse. Zhou Anhe gasped for air and pulled out a folding fan to fan some airs for himself to breathe.

Huff, huff!

He glared at Min Shuiyin, who only just smirked at him. When the three men were about to pass through the gates of Yi mansion, Min Shuiyin suddenly stuck his slender arm out to block Zhou Anhe.

"Dare to be a dog blocking the road?" Zhou Anhe irritably snapped his folding fan shut.

Min Shuiyin raised his hands in surrender, "Master, I don't dare!"

"Because this snake want me to kick his ass?"

"This lowly one is a martial artist. I do not dare to make Master walk into the face of dangers."

"Nioushit!"

". . . . ." Zhong Xie stared at the bickering pair in silence. Are they flirting? Am I a lightbulb here?


11222022.0803

2


Beyond the red gates of steel, there were sounds of wailings, scolding, smashing, and the shattering of something fragile.

The voice of a woman wailed, "Ai! Ling-er, Ling-er! Why did you have to leave this world so early?!"

Her male Alpha mate shouted, "It's not your fault! It's her fault! Who told her to get tangled up with a filthy thing from nowhere! "

He angrily threw his jade teacup without a care. The fragile object shattered against a hard surface.

Smash!

A younger female voice pacified her parents, "Mother, don't cry, don't cry! Father, please! Forgive Ling-jie!! It's not her faults that she had to pick up a wild seed! Ling-jie won't be able to rest in peace if you keep crying!"

"Y-you! Why do you always have to defend your older sister? You are too kind!"

The father sounded tired. But then a young maiden with black hairs tied into twin buns, covered in a white cotton hood, shot out from the room. She pointed at the young girl in a long pink dress.

The girl in white roared, "Y-YOU! It's your fault for driving First Lady to her end!"

SLAP!

The girl in white was slapped so hard that her cut lips bled, and her yellow cheek was marked with a blue bruise.

The father stood protectively in front of his weeping wife and his daughter dressed in white mourning dresses. He wore a black shirt with white robe and a topknot tied with a blue ribbon.

"How dare you raise your hand against your Second Lady!"

"Second Lady? Hahahaha!" The maid in white laughed like a crazy loon.

The crying woman wept louder in fear and hugged her trembling daughter. The father refused to be cowed by a madwoman.

The maid pointed at them. "I see no lords nor ladies, but demons that I must serve here! I am sworn to serve only my First Lady!"


11222022.0828

3


The maid continued to talk, her red eyes were rimmed with blazing madness and grief, "How can your Second Lady be so kind? She is so kind to feed her own sister a Withergrass herb that made her infertile forever!"

"W-what? What are you talking about?" The girl in pink trembled.

The woman stopped weeping and started yelling, "How could you slander my good daughter at your First Lady's funeral?"

"Slander? Your good daughter is nothing but a stupid white lotus bitch, who keep a bottle of poison buried under the pear tree! And YOU! Because you want your children to take my First Lady's dowries given by her mother as your own, you sought to marry off my First Lady to a vile Alpha who's already known for harming his five Omegas to death!"

The older woman, who appeared to be the madam; she screeched in terror, "Husband! That maid has gone mad. Don't believe her nonsenses! Look! My Bai-er is scared!"

-

While the family of three was still in the middle of a fight with a maid, Zhong Xie found a foldable step stool for his noble master to sit on. The little manservant stood next to Min Shuiyin.

Zhou Anhe took out his bamboo thermos and poured himself three cups of hot tea. He handed one cup of hot tea to Zhong Xie, who took it. He offered the other cup to Min Shuiyin, who was standing on guard nearby. Min Shuiyin watched Zhou Anhe casually drinking tea while the family drama chaotically unrolls before them.

Min Shuiyin asked, "Should we stop them?"

Zhou Anhe dryly replied, "Not worth it."

Zhong Xie said, "Master meant that if you get involved, they will blame us."

Zhou Anhe quietly sipped his tea. For some reasons, Zhong Xie built a small campfire from dried sticks and leaves. So, now he was fanning the fire with a leaf fan under the metal cooking tray which has three instant noodle cups. The noodle cups were already filled with water, that slowly boiled from the heat. 

"Is it ready yet?"

"Not yet."

Min Shuiyin stared at the master and servant duo. His master and his employer were both weird.

He wondered if he has been recently conned into a fake job scam. 

The Yi Household is a mess. But are we here to investigate a murder case or to go drink tea1Going to drink tea can also meant going out to eat dim sum for lunch?

Min Shuiyin turned his head back to the Yi family drama. 

The father was Baron Yi, who shouted, "Guards, beat this disloyal slave to death!"

The maid laughed as if to mock him, "You betrayed the First Wife and dishonored her. You called my First Lady a disgraceful Omega! But aren't you curious about how your ugly second miss came to be? That Omega slut went to open up her legs for the Alpha men when you left the mansion every month! If you don't believe me, check the ledgers! Hahahaha! You deserved to have your name stained with mud because you were always wearing a green hat!"

Baron Yi face turned black with shame and fury.

He pointed at the maid in white clothes and called for his bodyguards in black and white suits to seize the maid. "Beat her to death and feed her corpse to the wild Hwolgs!"

Two men in black and white came forward, before they could grab the arms of the insane maid.

Clap-clap-clap!

The family turned around to see the plump white-haired scholar, Zhou Anhe applauding them. He was casually slurping his instant noodles with Zhong Xie and Min Shuiyin on standby. Min Shuiyin was surprised. Zhong Xie sighed in distress.

But Zhou Anhe raised his cup and gulped down the warm soup. He wiped his mouth with his sleeves and pointed at the man with his chopsticks. 2In East Asian culture, pointing chopsticks is rude.

"Are you guys done? That was boooring~!"

He sipped his tea before calling out to the maid, "Hey, where is First Lady Yi Meiling?"

Then Baron Yi's eyes went red with fury, "HOW DARE YOU MOCK ME!"

"Mock you? I'm only drinking my tea."

"But you're that bastard!"

Zhong Xie asked Zhou Anhe, "What did you just do?"

"I don't remember him."

Baron Yi grabbed his groin and cried, "But you broke my family jewels and almost murdered me with a teacup!"

A teacup?

Min Shuiyin, Zhong Xie, the crazy maid, and the servants of the Yi Family, were all perplexed by the same thought.

Zhou Anhe said, "That was an accident."

Baron Yi screamed, "KILL THEM!"

0