16. Mamma’s boi
6 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

 

As mom studied in an ordinary academy, she didn't have much information about battle academies. But a battle academy follows a general curriculum.

So, there were many things mom pointed out to me like, what subjects are crucial for my future, how to take advantage of the library, tips regarding selecting a mentor, making friends avoiding conflicts, and most importantly- how to communicate with people of opposite genders.

She also taught me how to not look handsome ... ahm... I mean how to keep a low profile. According to mom, most of the school bullying cases happen because of standing out too much or being weak. And, I am not by any means- weak among my peers. So, if I act like one- it would rather arouse many suspicions. And standing out isn't an option as the tallest tree always faces the fiercest wind. So, the 'Art of low-key' is the way to go. To do so, she even taught me how to act more crude and common too.

This raised my curiosity instead,

'How come my tigress mother is so afraid of standing out? Shouldn't all parents inspire their children to stand out from the rest and make them proud? She is even ordering me to keep my distance from girls who are too friendly.'

Her mindset made me more conscious. Even so, I couldn't help but complain-

"Mom, I am glad that you think so highly of me. But please, you are being excessively protective. No girl would become overly friendly with me. I am not such an attractive person in the first place. Not to mention, I am from a humble family."

But mom retorted fiercely,

"What would you know with low EQ? I was speechless last time I saw your training with others. Did you ever check Nadia's reaction whenever you spar with her?"

I asked, "Nadia? What's wrong with her?"

"What's wrong with her? I think she has some kind of bad habit. I saw her blushing even when you were beating her! Not to mention having a nosebleed whenever you take off your sweaty shirt. If not for her hot-headed but proud personality, she would have done something already."

This time, I was speechless. Blush and Nadia? 'Wait, I did see her cheeks become red as tomatoes sometimes. I thought that's the effect of her fire element. But, this? Blushes even when getting beaten? Is she a masochist?'

I threw this thought out of my mind instantly. "So, I shouldn't attract unnecessary attention from others?"

My agitated mom finally calmed down as he pinched my cheeks, "Aryan, you will attract attention wherever you go. So, I am not telling you to suppress yourself for such a petty reason. The reason I am telling you this, receiving too much attention will also bring jealousy, hatred, selfishness, lust, and greed as a whole package. That is what you have to be most careful of. Not to mention, you will be studying in the Monster's Academy."

Mom's lecture on social life and human nature continued for the whole evening. Mom wanted to continue. But a growl from my tummy stopped her.

"Good job, my tummy."

Although I was annoyed, this was another wake-up call for me. It looked like life is going to be hectic from now on. After dinner, I went to my room to prepare for tomorrow's journey.

Krieger Academy was situated in Evergreen City. It's a city located just beside the Evergreen forest which covers a vast area. The presence of many elemental beasts made this forest a great location for students to get a proper hunting experience yet collect resources simultaneously. Looks like the founder had considered Evergreen forest as a training ground.

"Hmm, clothes, I will take my normal shirts, and pants for daily use. Academy has battle robes as uniforms. So, I will take the stylish ones for various occasions. Wearing all black like lunatics of Pandemonium? Nope. I will go with multi-colors. Why choose one when you have multiple options?"

The next morning, the whole neighborhood gathered to bid farewell to their little lightning Elementalist. As I provided free healing service for 2 months, I became quite the saint-like figure here. And I was going to attend an academy that many youngsters dream of. So, it was a buoyant atmosphere. Or, it should have been.

My mother was weeping as if she was marrying off her daughter. In this situation, I didn't know whether to laugh or cry. I had to promise her multiple times that I would visit whenever I get the chance. Only then did she calm down.

But, she delivered another bomb. Giving me a black ring, she spoke with a serious face,

"Aryan, if any girl can make your heart race, make you forget about everything else other than her, then don't delay it and propose to her. But don't dare to become too intimate without my permission."

I shivered. She even thought about my non-existent lover even before I stepped into the academy.

"But mom, shouldn't you pick a different color? like pink, or red? I heard girls don't like black."

Mom looked at me as if she was watching a creature of a rare breed.

"What are you thinking, silly boy? That's a Storage ring for you. It's for storing your stuff, not proposing to your girl. You have to search for that ring yourself. Now, put everything inside it. And don't take out things from it in front of others. And, don't ever dare to lose it. It's your family heirloom.

Storage ring! Its material is Space crystals that fall from the void. The rarest of all materials. They were desired by anyone -from the beggar on the streets to the councilor of the council. And my mother just took out one as if it was nothing. This time, I was totally out of breath.

Thinking that mom would throw some more lethal bombs, I hurriedly said goodbye to everyone and got in the Mekanika. With a head full of dreams, I headed towards the direction of Krieger Academy. 

To become one of the strongest Elementalist.

To remove the "Mamma's Boy" nickname- the neighborhood gave me and become a real man.

0