4. A talk about elemental affinity
19 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The first thing the representative did was clap his hands. And in an instant, all the sounds vanished like magic. The podium also calmed down. Even with more than 800 people present, there was pin-drop silence everywhere. Hence, he professionally started his speech,

"Good morning everyone, I am Richard Arrington. Ranked 17th in the hall of Blue Seats. And also the only Sound Elementalist of Redien city."

I couldn't apprehend. What hall? What blue seat? But I was astonished that his element was Sound! One of the rarest elements of all to awaken in a human body. Now I realized how he could stop all sounds just by clapping his hands. He managed to grab my full attention.

"I know everyone here is eagerly waiting for this moment, so was I, at your age. That's why I won't take much of your time. But before we start the ceremony, let me share my viewpoint with you regarding affinity as some of you may not be aware. There is also a minor issue that newly awakened children face, let's discuss it too."

As everyone was listening intently, He asked, "Let's talk about Origin energy and elemental energy first. Hey, little fella in Yellow shirt, can you tell us what they are?"

The guy in question replied in an excited tone, "Origin energy is the origin of everything around us. Everything we see is made of Origin. Whereas Elemental Energy is the origin energy with an elemental attribute that maintains the disposition of elements in nature."

"Disposition elements, can you elaborate it?"

"It's like making fire hot, water flexible, ice cold."

Richard shook his head. "Not a perfect answer but close enough. Well, no need to delve deeper into the details. What's your name?"

"Sami, sir." The boy said meekly.

"Well, Sami. Thank you for your answer. Let's give a hearty clap for our little Sami."

Then Richard continued his speech without any pause, "Elemental Affinity is the closeness you feel to an element out of others. It can also be termed as 'eligibility to control element'. And it depends on the interaction between an element and the human body. Continuous interaction with an element can make your body suitable for becoming a carrier of elemental energy. Not only that, but the first Elementalist ancestor of your family tree also plays a vital role in passing down those evolved genes from generation to generation. And by the contribution of some primary factor-like previous two and other auxiliary factors, you manage to awaken an affinity that is a perfect match for you."

He paused for a moment.

"But, after awakening affinity, I often see people looking down on Earth and water users as they are pretty common to be awakened. My question is- If you understand the reason behind affinity, why look down on them? Humans live and walk every second on Earth. Our bodies are also made of earth. While 70% of our constitution is water. So, it's natural for most people to have these elemental affinities. And every element has its purpose and uses. Earth users are good at defense. Water users are good for their flexibility. Air users are good at mobility. No element is weak or strong. As humans don't directly rely on some elements, especially deviant ones, those elements are rarely seen. That's why they are given 'Rarity value'."

Listening to this, a brave boy asked right after, "If no element is stronger than another, how are we going to differentiate between strong and weak Elementalist of the same cultivation level?"

Richard replied with a smile.

"Good question but you little fella is too young to judge others strong or weak. The battle prowess of an Elementalist may depend on their Origin arts, combat sense, and most importantly the property or factor of their awakened element. You will know about them when you are forming your elemental core. After awakening your element, you have to start channeling Origin energy inside your body with the help of whatever Origin art you have. It will take up to 6 months to get your body used to the flow of Origin energy. After that, you can start forming your core."

Clapping his hands again, he gave the finishing touch,

"Now that everyone knows what should be known, it's time to fulfill our young ones' long-cherished wishes. First, we will inject the 'Sensory Serum' into your body. These serums can heighten your senses so that you can feel origin energy and elemental energy clearly. Then we will guide you to the colorful crystals behind me. These crystals you are seeing are the purest natural elemental essence instead of synthesized ones. They are used for searching the elements suitable for you. Natural elemental essence is extremely hard to find, you know. Someone will call you by name and your serial number. Response as you come to the stage, follow the instructions of the guide, and try absorbing a little energy from those crystals. Your affinity will depend on the essence you manage to absorb. And that's it. Boom! Your job is done."

After his long monotonous speech, Richard grabbed a water bottle and drank some as he sat on his chair with a plain face that's indicating, 'I am done. Now do your jobs, don't bother me.'

Everyone maintained silence for a while.

"Serial one, Denial Silva. Get on to the stage."

But, just as the first name was called, the auditorium became as noisy as a fish market again.

1