17. Journey to the Land of monsters
7 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The Mekanika was traveling for three consecutive days with five people on board. It only took a break whenever the energy core became overheated.

My companions were well equipped with professional hunting gear and a unique badge in the place of their chest pocket. Only hunters were known for this unique fashion. They were the only professionals - crazy enough to gear up with armor and weapons even on such a long journey.

Hunters are, just like their name suggests. They hunt elemental beasts for money. They are also the major suppliers of raw beast products and beast cores.

Due to the frequent beast tides that happened 200 years ago, some strong elementalists who didn't want to entangle themselves in messy politics created an independent organization called - "Hunter's Association". This organization played an important role in fending off the beast tides. The Council acknowledged its contribution and allowed them to act independently for all these years. The hunters from the association travel many places to hunt elemental beasts and keep their number checked in the outer layer of danger zones. As Evergreen forest was full of elemental beasts, it was also popular among hunters. So, Aryan traveling with hunters isn't a coincidence. All of them had the same destination.

Among the hunters, a girl with red hair, Ember, around my age, was also traveling with these hunters for some reason. On the 1st day, she only asked why I was going to the evergreen city. Being charmed by her cuteness, I replied truthfully. But hearing about Krieger, she was like a beggar who got a gem from the swear. She started asking me questions nonstop. After answering some, I stopped. I didn't want to get too close to the people I have just met. As I wasn't wearing the "makeup" mom gave me, she took me for some noble kid and didn't mind my lack of response as she kept bugging me.

This continued for two days before I finally gave up with my mysterious persona in front of her childish demeanor and engaged in conversation. Ember's companions laughed at this as if they knew this would happen and they also joined in the conversation. After exchanging some pleasantries, I also started asking about elemental beasts and their hunting experiences in the Evergreen forest as they looked, professional.

"So, you are her father and also the leader of this Hunting team?" I pointed at the young guy, Hayden.

"Yes," he replied with a smile.

"B..but, how? You are so young! I thought she was your younger sister."

Everyone laughed at my response. After chatting with each other for quite some time, I got to know about this particular relationship. I must be lying if I said - this wasn't shocking.

Josh, the bald guy sitting beside Hayden, said mischievously, "This just explains how fierce he is! He is not even half of my age but already a father. Whereas, I am still single!"

"You should have tried when you still had your hair. Too bad, even those farmers can't grow your hair." Hayden retorted. Another burst of laughter followed after.

But I voiced in confusion, "Farmer?"

Ember answered before everyone else, "Most wood users gain strong vitality-related powers due to their wood energy. So, they carry seeds of creepy plants when fighting."

"Why would they carry seeds?"

Hayden followed up, "They will inject their wood energy and throw these seeds on their opponents. Those seeds sprout instantly and hinder your movement by entangling you. Some wood users even carry carnivorous plant seeds, making things messier. That's a pretty nasty trick if you ask me."

I was enlightened! The wood users, who spend their whole life as healers and doctors in cities, are so badass when in the wild! As Richard said, never underestimate any element.

I took a quick note: 'A farmer's seeds - are more than just Seeds.'

Our conversation was a long one. Most of the time, they were speaking and I was listening like a good student. After learning that I wasn't from any noble family, Hayden also talked about the hunters association and advised me on some important stuff, like 'how to make more money and acquire resources.' If not for Ember's enthusiasm, I didn't know if these pros would even talk to a noob like me.

After circulating for four days, the Mekanika reached Evergreen city with its overheated core, bringing an end to our long journey. Our driver urged us to get our baggage and f**k off as he was extremely tired and needed some serious sleep.

I bid farewell to them, especially the cute kitten Ember, with a face full of gratitude, then headed towards Krieger Academy, a place that collects monsters from all over the Council.

0