Prologue – 1 – Life
518 3 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The hooded boy watched absentmindedly as the chaotic traffic ripped past him on one dark winter’s evening. The decorative lights hanging above, bathed him in a warm light. However that warmth did not protect him from shivering uncontrollably, the frozen bench of wood he sat on didn’t help that either. One strong blow of it’s might, the jealous winds lifted the hood off the poor soul’s head. Silky golden hair fluttered in the wind along with a piercing pair of jade coloured eyes. A hint of frustration appeared on his pale face, the cold had latched onto him even more. Raising the hood of his blue coat back onto his head, he lifted himself up to return home. With his mood low, the footsteps along the concrete floor felt numb.

Shifting along the ground, the familiar ring of his phone alerted him. Reading the number it was one he didn’t recognise, but he decided to answer it anyway. “Uhh hey…” With an exaggerated pause he began again, “This is Kai speaking, how can I help you?” 

A kind, but concerned woman began to speak over the phone. “Good evening Kai, this is Jill.” With a quick tut and a roll of his eyes it had been made clear in his mind why he has received the call. “It has been put on the system that you have missed another class today, if you keep missing your classes I’m afraid you might be kicked out. I have arranged a meeting with your Tutor to find out the root of this issue.” Quickly typing up some details she finished her proclamation.”All the details have been sent to your college email address. Have a good night.”

Trying his best not to sound ungrateful he thanked her, “Alright, thanks,” albeit with gritted teeth. Now that his distraction was gone, the frosty breeze attacked him once again. His teeth clattering and body shuddering. ‘Why the hell is it so cold today? Agh! I’m going home.’ Forcefully dragging his silver backpack onto his right shoulder, he jogged away. The chill forced his legs to move faster and faster, eventually breaking into a run. He ignored everything around him, bolting through the city park towards his street on the opposite side.

Sliding to a stop at the house at the top of the street, with hardly a breath to spare. Crouched down with his arms suspending him on his legs, he forced himself to catch a breath. “Huff.. huph, hah.” Glancing up Kai was met with a two story terracedhouse made entirely out of bricks. Opening the gate, he marched past the flowery front garden towards the pitch black door.Without needing to knock he twisted the handle, opening the frail door. ‘I always tell her to lock the door, what if we get robbed?’ Although the possibility of it being his dad did cross his mind.

As it was a usual occurrence he simply put it to the back of his mind, strolling right inside. With the stairs on his immediate left, he ignored it and continued down the small corridor into the end room: the dining room. Sat on two leather chairs were his parents, however they were too enticed by the happenings on the television screen at the opposite end. It was some reality tvnonsense that he wasn’t really interested in. “Hey, I’m home.”

“Ah welcome back Kai. Did you have a good day today?” His mom got up out of her seat and moved towards him. The two looked exactly alike with their blond hair and green eyes, it would possibly be the reason why he can talk about anything with her… almost everything. Her outfit was a white t-shirt under a green woolly cardigan and silky black pants.

His dad who was vastly different with his coal black hair and onyx grey eyes then followed with a quick glance and smile. “Ya’ll right son?” Returning towards the screen a second later. As he was still in his suit Kai guessed he recently got home from work.

“Yeah, it was alright.” Not long after he had uttered those words a sharp glare had been shot right at him, from none other thanit mom. It was discrete, unnoticeable, but to him it was right in his face. ‘I suppose there’s no getting away with it.’ He internally sighed. With her focussed eyes she motioned towards the room next door. Understanding the message, Kai stumbled into kitchen, awaiting the talk.

A face of understanding appeared on her face the moment she walked in. She halted right in front of him. “You can’t keep doing this. I know you lack motivation, but if you don’t go to your classes you’ll miss out on all the important stuff. Just talk to me like you usually do and I’ll do whatever I can to help you, just think about it is and I’ll help.” Cupping his hands in her own.

”I know, I’ll think about it.” Pulling his hands out of her grasp with a lacking smile.”I’ll be upstairs in my bedroom. I have homework due tomorrow.” Ending it as quick as possible he squeezed past her and out of the door. If she had anything else to say, it would be impossible to say now.

Retracing his steps past his dad who was still staring at the TV, he had returned to the stairs. Clambering up the grey carpet stairs into his bedroom. It was a simple cube with plain white wall paper. Inside was a white bed with a black frame, black closet and a black desk used for homework or browsing the internet. Even though it wasn’t anything special, it’s cleanliness brought  out it’s charm. Pulling out the black chair from under the desk and placing several items out of his backpack. Many articles  of homework littered the desk, each one adding to his dread. ‘I don’t have much choice here. If I can withstand itwithout anything too bad happening until That. Them that’s all I can do right now.’ Popping down onto the seat and placing some earphones, he was ready to do it.

4 hours later and he had finally finished. Procrastination played a huge part in the time taken, Kai would stop to concentrate on the music or watch videos of something he thought was much more interesting. He refused dinner as he claimed he already ate before he came home, politely asking for it to be put in storage to be eaten at a later time. 

Yawning loudly, he packed away everything safely in his bag. A wave of hunger hit him which made him recall the meal he declined. ‘Granted, it is like 10pm, but I don’t see the harm in grabbing a nightly snack.’ Arriving downstairs, he noticed all the lights had been turned off as both his mom and dad had gone to bed early. Trodding through the darkness, with a flick of a switch the kitchen had now been illuminated. Finding the fridge, he examined it’s contents. ‘Oh sweet, pasta bake!’ A small plate of a pasta bake wrapped in cellophane caught his eye… “Argh!” A searing rush of pain released itself from his head, prompting him to hold his head in grief.

’Ugh, it’s happening again. I’d better go to bed.’ His desire to eat diminished as all he could think about was the pain coming from his head. Trying his hardest to work around it, one hand held onto the railing whilst the other attempted to soothe the pain. Thankfully, the moment his head hit his pillow, the pain began to fade away. Although it still lingered in the background, taunting him. Leaving all his thoughts behind, the  leftovers disappeared and he soon found himself drifting away, calmly and peaceful.

^^

The stillness of the water eased his mind. The sky reflected along the surface creating a masterpiece, relaxing him even more. Looking down he saw nothing except the blue sky from above, no body, vessel or spirit. Perhaps he was this place, he couldn’t be sure. The silence would not last long. Cracks and rumbling reverberated the area without warning. Ripples… growing stronger and stronger each time. One high pitched whistle pulled his attention towards the sky, a blinding purple light reared towards where he remained. Second after second, he could only watch, as it hit…

In a fraction of time, his world was no more. Shifting to another one, much darker and lonesome. A sinister blood moon cursed the sky, releasing and absorbing rays of malice. The red tint causing inhumane dread. The desolate land had been littered with ancient Japanese Tori Gates and harsh stone. An unparalleled forced weighed upon him, despite not having a body, causing him to focus on one more thing. Standing alone in the centre, with the edge forced into the ground was a pulsating purple sword. Streaks of lightning radiated off the blade. It was as if the blade had a mind of it’s own, it’s effects grew larger with impatience, it wanted him to pick it up. However, that wouldn’t be possible. Rhythmical tremors shook the land, the connection he had was dwindling.

The land faded away, crumbling into pieces leaving only the solemn blade. Three flashes of energy flowed into his mind, hidden inside them were what seemed like a woman’s whispers. “Re…mem…ber.” 

Darkness fully enveloped him. Then it was not long after that his sense of self had returned: smell, touch, taste, hearing, but not sight. Something was preventing him from opening his eyes, but that helped his other senses fix on the environment around. Judging by the sensation on his lower body and back, it was obvious that he was fixated on a cold wooden floor and a similarly freezing wall.‘Tch, why is everything so cold lately.’ The air felt strange, the smell wasn’t too pleasant either, the scent of old metal covered the area. In the background, large and powerful footsteps echoed with two pairs of smaller, but frantic steps heading downwhat seemed like stairs appeared.

Eek!” A feminine voice screamed in the distance at the sight of something. A robotic roar came out of nowhere in reply, somehow awakening Kai’s eyes. Now that he was aware of what was in sight, he had been sitting in a dark hallway that looked to have been left for years on end due to the amount of overgrown plants, peaking out of the gaps in the floor and ceiling.

Blinking towards the noise, a distressed boy with a black cap and school uniform called out to the girl who seemed to be in some sort of danger. “Don’t go that way! Over here!” Not waiting for her any longer he continued his sprint down the corridor towards in Kai’s direction. Soon a blonde haired girl who was also in a school uniform pulled around the corner and not long behind… one large metallic and yellow robot.

‘Gwah! What the hell is that!’ He screamed in his head.

”Hey! You need to run!” The warning came from the blonde girl, which he certainly did not ignore. 

Frantically, he jumped up from the ground and ran as fast as he possible could. During this time, he felt somewhat strange, his body felt a little bit different. Of course, it was in his best interest to not think and only run to safety, wherever that was. Weaving through the next corner, the sounds of the beast chasing them stopped, leaving them in high spirits. ‘Oh thank god it’s gone we should be—‘ Smashing onto the ground from above them a second monster locked eyes with it’s prey. ‘So now there’s green one too!? Fuck that!’ 

“Ah, geez! What are those things!?” They both shared the blonde girl’s sentiment. Twisting back around the trio dashed through the smaller frame at the end of the corridor, again the robot was too big to fit through the gap. They didn’t let their guards down after seeing the green one fall from the ceiling. Their stamping along with the beats of their hearts prevented them from hearing anything else. Turning left down one final corridor, two dimly lit doors sat there. With it being their only option, they flung the doors open widely.

In what seemed to be an assembly hall, 14 pairs of nervous eyes locked with their own, wary of the new arrivals. Each and every one of them wore some type of Japanese school uniform, indicating they were all students. Questions flared in his mind, ‘First thing, I’m a college student. Second, I’m not even from Japan, why am I even here?’ Most of these students had wild hair colours, some that you would only see in anime. He could tell it wasn’t dye, it was all natural.

”Ohhh… More people have arrived.” The voice came from a tanned girl with white-grey hair.

Looking around some more, he spotted two neon blue backboards with a rim attached to them. They were standing within a basketball court. Trees, bushes and grass grew out of the floor just like the corridors they previously ran through. It was certain that whoever was taking care of this place was too lazy to cut the grass, but could polish their nice logo at the back of their gymnasium.

The blonde girl who was being chased alongside him spoke up in confusion. “Huh?”

A tall boy with spiky purple hair who stood in the centre of the group lead the first question. “Did you all get chased by that monster too!?” It was correct to say monster, but there wasn’t just one there were two, maybe even more as he only saw the two when his eyes finally opened. He couldn’t help but to correct him, his mind wasn’t in it after that adrenaline rush.

”Yeah, you mean monsters— wait what?” Lifting both hands towards his mouth, the cogs in his brain malfunctioned. Everyone looked on in puzzlement, he froze for a few seconds. 

A girl with long blue hair looked a little worried. “Ah, are you alright?”

”Uhm, yeah. Hehe, don’t mind me.” He walked away from the door towards the wall on the left. Some watched in confusion, but then returned back to the conversation. ‘D-Did that v-voice actually come from my mouth?’ His usual voice, not exactly deep, but still quite rough was not to be heard. Instead, it was soft and rather elegant at least compared to before. Not one you would expect of a boy. Slowly peaking down, hoping his guess was wrong, it was…’Breasts?!’ That wasn’t the only thing he bared witness to though. He now wore a black blazer-type jacket along with a purple tie and a white button-up shirt underneath. The lower body consisted of a white and purple plaid skirt, plus almost knee height black socks and black slip-on shoes.

As he looked down, locks of long vibrant purple hair fell down. Grabbing a bit of it he admired it, in wonder, but also with countless dread. He didn’t feel like he needed to confirm the existence of his thing, the proof was already in the pudding. ‘Why didn’t I notice sooner?! If I wasn’t being chased by those idiotic robots— no that wouldn’t change how I feel. I was already having a bad day, but now I’m in this place with total strangers and to top it all off this isn’t even my body!’ He debated whether to stay over in the corner, but a part of him felt like being around the group would possibly help him cope with it. Also, it was to try and not look too suspicious, the current situation deemed it necessary to stay alert. He’s seen it happen many times before in games and movies. 

As he attempted to sneak back towards them, the loud scream of the confused blonde girl caught his attention. “Who are you guys?… And why am I here—“ Her attempt to gain an answer where then denied by another person.

”And that makes 17.” The green haired boy interrupted her. Compared to the others he seemed calm, almost too calm. It was quite unnerving to say the least.

She again appeared quite confused, but this time, so was everyone else.

”I’m talking about us. There are 17 of us—all high schoolers.” Slowly growing quieter, but still audible, “Although it is usually 16, it has been 17 twice before.” He then rose his voice clearly again, “What do you think that means?” Once again alarm bells rang in his brain, the green haired boy knew something they didn’t. On the other hand, he felt that something did stand out to him involving the number, but he couldn’t put his finger on it.

“Oh, right. Didn’t answer your question. I can give you my name, it’s Rantaro Amami.. Let’s leave it at that.” He ended it short, which of course confused the poor girl.

The same boy who asked if they had been attacked as well was the first to question him on his choice of words. “Anyway, why does it matter if there are 17 of us? There might be more coming.” The others peered over at Mr.Green in anticipation for his answer.

“Nah, I think this is all of us. If this is what I think it is, anyway.” He looked too certain to be joking and they all could tell, but it didn’t stop  one of them from interrogating him.

A quiet girl with twin-tailed brown hair and red eyes entered the conversation. “…If this is what you think it is?”

Out of nowhere a wild girl with creamy blonde hair just as rambunctious as she herself was spurted out in anger.”What, you some kinda fuckin’ know-it-all? If you know somethin’, spit it out!”

Kai spoke up too. “Yes I agree. We’re in this situation with no reason as to why. If it is what you think it is, then I think you’d be better off telling us.” He didn’t seem too pleased to be pressured and fortunately for him, a childish voice echoed through the room.

”Okayyyyy, quiet everyone! Shimmy down, shimmy down!” 

A female voice reprimanded the other. “No, no, no. It’s simmer down.”

The kind blue haired girl revolted in shock, her face looked a little too shocked. “Huh? Who’s that? Where are they?” Crashing the party yet again, the menacing creatures dropped out of the ceiling, encircling them in their clutches. They were truly predators hunting their prey.

With perfect synchronicity, they delivered their greetings and apologies. The lights on their bodies glowing red with malice. “Kyahahahahaha! Thanks for bearing with us!”

”AAAAAAHHHH!” Miss.Blue screamed for her dear life.

“Damn it! There are more monsters! We’re surrounded!” The purple haired boy exclaimed. Kai almost wanted to snap back with a ‘I told you so,’ but he kept it inside for later, that’s if they even manage to survive this.

The childish one who resided in the red robot did not like the words he used, so it thought to correct him. “These aren’t monsters. They’re Exisals.”

To add to red’s simple answer the yellow Exisal piped up.”They’re highly mobile, bipedal weapon platforms.”

No one really cared what the other words meant, except for one: Weapon. In this unknown location filled with unknown dangers, a weapon can inspire fear in the hearts of many, despite it being vague. It was perfect to give their captives a considerable scare.

”Weapons!?” Hat boy had been caught in their scheme.

“Should we take these for a spin by killin’ one of ‘em!?” The blue Exisal screeched in a rough tone. 

‘If they truly wanted to kill us themselves, they wouldn’t have even given us a chance to run away. The fact that the group was in here all safe and sound before we came here, doesn’t add up. They have the ability to appear anywhere it seems, so they have to be after something much more.’ He wasn’t the smartest, but it wouldn’t be that hard to figure it out if he just thought about it.

During his rambling, another girl started to freak out. Her responses egged them on to come up with horrific and even more gruesome ways of killing us, rather than simply going guns blazing. ‘I’d rather not listen to that.’ He tuned it out for a second to look over at himself again. Feeling conflicted, he pinched his soft cheek, only a small sting remained. ‘Hah.. just wanted to try it.’

“Wait! We can’t kill them with the Exisals.” The red one broke up their gruesome talk, to which Kai was thankful. “According to the schedule, the Exisals aren’t supposed to show up till later!” 

The group of Exisals stood there in confusion. They didn’t understand what went wrong, the yellow one who appeared to be intelligent before now sounded clueless. “But…we’re in the Exisals right now.” 

Similar to a comedy routine, red exclaimed like a lightbulb lit up in it’s head, “Oh! So we are!” Despite the fact he was the one to mention it in the first place. They continued to argue back and forth about some sort of Script.

’I can’t believe a group of idiots like these have wrote a script and expected for them to be able to remember it. However… I find it odd. The order of how they do things seems to be very important to them. How, unsettling.’

Pink came out with an idea, “Well… why don’t we just get out of these mechs? It shouldn’t be too late for that,” which the others seemed to agree with. All together the things inside leapt out with all the glamour they could muster. 5 half and half bears hovered in the air for a short period of time. Their right half all being stark white, while the other side representing the colour of their Exisal. A fat belly button poking out of their even bigger belly.

From the left it started with the silent green. It’s body appeared to be more metallic and robot-like than the others, thin arms, but large rounded hands. For some reason it had a pacifier in it’s mouth, same as all the rest. Next was yellow, his yellow half contained a tiger printing, donning a pair of glasses. Red had to be the star of the show, with his black star scarf hung around his neck. Pink definitely seemed to be the “girl” of the group with a daisy clipped to her left ear and her, bra? Finally, blue gave off that punk vibe, which was obvious with his star makeup on his eyes and sharp shoulder guards, along with the hairy chest.

Landing effortlessly into a pose, they cheered with their catchphrase. “Rise and shine, ursine! With our powers combined… we are the Monokubs!”

Silence…it couldn’t be helped. After bawling in fear of death, it shocked them to see a lineup of talking bears. ‘Wait.. bears?’ Out of all the things to be in there, he didn’t expect to see bears talking to humans.

“See? We’re outta the Exisals.” Red was trying his best to please them, his body started shaking frantically. “Now we’re not scary anymore, right? Right? Right!?”

“His desperation is strangely terrifying…!” Pink echoed.

”You punkasses better be ready!” Somehow blue had picked up a blue guitar, hitting the strings with all his might.

“And he’s just outright terrifying!” To everyone watching on in bewilderment, Pink was the one who didn’t really want to be here, nevertheless she was.

Blue continued his rampage. “I’m a messenger from hell from the depths of hell, here to drag ya down to hell!”

Yellow pushed his glasses up to showcase his smarts. “No, no, Monokid. You’re sayin’ “hell” too much. It’s ruining the hellish impact.” Blue’s name now being revealed to be Monokid.

Red, despite being the leader, was the dumbest of the bunch. Like he was the stupid youngest kid that everyone just liked. “Eh? What’s hellish mean?”

”Sorry to interrupt your family discussion, but can you please tell us where we are and why the hell we are here?! Also, put me back to normal!” Kai stood strong, he began to lose his patience. With everything piling up, their little squabble annoyed him a little more than it should have. Shouting at the green one who seemed the most sensible one, it immediately pulled back in anxiety.

”I don’t know what mean by that last part… But don’t bother askin’ Monodam. He only talks to close friends. The years of abuse have really done a number on his heart. Isn’t that right, Monodam?” Monodam didn’t utter a single reply, flustering red, “M-Monodam! You won’t even open your heart…to me!?”

”Grgh.. that doesn’t answer my questi—“ Kai was interrupted by the suspicious Rantaro.

”Looks like I was right. This is exactly what I thought it was. But who’s behind all this? Why all the ridiculous theatrics—“

”Gahhh! Shut up, you! All o’ you are reactin’ way too normally to this! It’s boring!” Monokid channelled his anger into the strumming of his guitar again.

”Actually…don’t their clothes seem kinda boring too?” Red held his arms crossed in thought.

Yellow pulled out a small abacus. “Wait a minute… Ya think maybe they haven’t been given their first memory yet?”

”Huh? That shoulda happened before they woke up…” Red stated.

”Hey! Are you gonna answer my question, or not!?” The Monokubs were great at avoiding questions, which ticked Kai off even more. ‘Grr.. if they didn’t have those Exisal things I’d have tried to get rid of them ages ago.’

“Hey! Who the hell are you punks!?” With Monokid’s yell, the group looked towards each other and back towards them. They didn’t have an answer.

Yellow explained Monokid’s question.”We’re just wondering… do youse guys have Ultimate Talents or anything like that?”

’An Ultimate Talent? No I wouldn’t say I have one. I don’t think procrastination or listening to music is much of a talent to be honest.’ He left his head to listen to the others.

“I…don’t have one.” The confused blonde admitted, “I have a skill that I devote myself to…but I wouldn’t call it an Ultimate Talent..” she sounded ashamed to say so.

Hat boy answered to, but with much more hesitation. “M-Me either… I-I don’t… have anything like that…”

”Y-Yeah… same here.” The purple haired boy added.

”I knew it! They haven’t gotten their first memory yet!” Monokid proclaimed.

Yellow knew who exactly to blame. “Monophanie… weren’t you in charge of that?” Pink stood there, nothing being said…

”Zzzzzz…” Her head dropped without warning, a giant bubble forming out of her left nostril. She had fell asleep, snoring all her worries away.

Showing his naïvety on full display, Red questioned her state. “She’s sleeping? Did she seem really tired to you guys?”

Yellow, had grown tired of him, much like everyone else. “She’s obviously faking it.” Her snoring still teared through them.

”Even if she’s faking, she looks so peaceful. Let’s whisper so we don’t wake her up.” Red still felt the need to ignore Yellow’s explanation.

“Hmph! If you say so!” Not whispering, Monokid accepted his terms.

“A-Anyway… if you guys are the Monokubs, then—“ Confused blonde tried to get them to answer.

’First, Rantaro and now her? Does everyone know something I don’t?‘ He didn’t know a single thing about this place and somehow there were people who do.

Yellow refuted her. “Don’t worry about us. The real issue is youse bastards. Well, “issue” is putting it mildly… This is actually a huge problem. Youse all have forgotten your talents and become generic high school students.”

’Forgotten? Yeah, that’s a total lie. I’ve been living a normal life for 18 years. I don’t trust these bears.’

Red pulled out a script and read it out.. “See, according to the backstory, there’s this Ultimate Hunt goin’ on. You’ve all lost your memories and become different people cuz of the Ultimate Hunt.”

Blue haired girl questioned him. “Umm…what are you talking about?”

“Well, in your current state, it’s pretty much pointless to talk to you guys about this.” Yellow clarified

”The first thing we need you guys to do is remember your true selves.” He stood proudly.

”Yeah! You need to reclaim your sealed talents by regaining your memories!” Monophanie woke up out of her false sleep.

Yellow then jumped in shock, disbelief. “What the—!? Are you awake already?

A small boy with black hair and purple tints didn’t understand their claims. “I don’t get it… What are these sealed talents you’re talking about?” Frankly, no one else did, but with the Monokub’s personalities it would be difficult to receive a solid answer.

”How are we supposed to talk to when you keep askin’ so many friggin’ questions?” Red had a small outburst.

At Red’s whims Monophanie followed up to further prove his point. “Yeah! We’re not some swift-footed singer who’s landed another future ex-boyfriend!” A reference no one understood.

Yellow finally had enough of seeing his siblings drag it on any longer so he took control. “Let’s do this already. No one wants to watch a bunch of generic high school whiners.”

”First, we’ll update your wardrobe so you guys look all cute spiffy!” With Monokid’s final statement… it began. The Exisals launched a pile of outfits into the air, each with their own unique style. Kai couldn’t look around in time, as a pink glow covered his entire body, reminiscent of a magical girl transformation.

Appearing on his legs and feet were custard and red coloured heels paired with black tights with purple at the top reaching just around the thighs. Wrapped around the right leg was a red string that had two blue flowers attached to it. Reaching the torso, a loose purple and lavender kimono formed with swinging sleeves, there was skin exposed between the tights and the kimono. This includes the area above the breasts. Tied around the chest, a red obi, not only that, a purple Mitsudomoe badge tied around the obi with a purple rope. The left sleeve remained short with a purple armour piece rested on the side. Both arms had removable purple sleeves which faded into lavender up the arm.

Around the neck a purple neckpiece wrapped itself, a red ribbon hanging in the middle. The change had almost been completed, a golden headpiece pinned with a fan and flowers attached above the right ear. Finally, the free flowing purple hair twisted until it was braided, tied at the bottom with a small lavender ribbon.

”W-What the fuck is this?” Kai examined his new outfit and couldn’t help but to relay his distress. Looking down he felt a bit embarrassed by looking at them. However, no one else really paid any attention as they too had some questions about the Monokub’s choice in outfit.

Monophanie’s mood had been raised at the sight of the new clothes. “Mm-hm! Looking good! Now you look like Ultimates!”

”Next up, the memory youse all been waiting for.” Yellow kept the ball rolling.

”Hell yeah! Get ready! Once the seal is broken, we’ll be in the domain of the killing game!” Shouting with joy and anticipation, Monokid couldn’t control himself.

’Wait.. did he just say a killing game?’ He clenched his fist. ‘So.. when I thought.. I had a chance to escape death, I’m still here.. to die?’ 

“Now then, after the Flashback Light helps you remember your amazing talents.. This amazing story will begin for real this time!” With the click of switch a giant light had been awoken…

Crawling across his body, information, every kind, flowing towards his head. The sensation was utterly strange, memories and experiences poured in like water into a glass, it kept filling up. Memories of hardship, loss, hard-work and suffering. But… something didn’t go the way they intended… he, no she.. remembered everything.

^^

Opening her clear purple eyes, she sensed the area around her. The chilling floor and wall feeling insignificant now, the corridor didn’t seem as unnerving as before. Her senses felt better than ever. However, it was still Kai in control, the Flashback Light did not wipe a single memory of her old life. Only showing her a life she didn’t even live. Now.. she lived as the being “Ei”

“What the hell!” Slamming the ground in utter resentment. “I’m gonna beat this game and make sure whoever it is that’s behind it will rot in hell!” Picking herself up off the solid ground, emitting unwavering determination. “I’ll make sure of it.”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

13