Chapter 9
56 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Liam who had been gone for a bit had built up quite a lot of work that resulted in him being busy for the whole day. And it wasn't until late in the evening that he had finished up work at the office.

Closing his laptop and files he looked over towards the youth sitting down on the sofa with a phone in his hand. Quietly living in his own little bubble as he seemed to close off his senses to the outside world. Liam couldn't help smiling as he stood up from his desk and came around towards Kei Yun.

Feeling his personal space be invaded Kei frowned as he looked up from his phone and met a pair starling green eyes.

Half sitting half kneeling on the sofa, Liam gave an enchanted smile as he encircled his arms around the young man's waist. Pressing himself very close against the other. "Did I bore you?" he asked.

Kei lightly shook his head. "No."

Liam chuckled. "You can tell me if I bored you or not. I won't bite."

"I wasn't bored." This was the truth for Kei Yun. Quite frankly he actually really enjoyed today's events. He got to personally see how a CEO controlled their company. Their views, their thoughts and dedication. He had never owned a company nor delt with it's problems. He was just an employee in his past life. He worked under Bi Jing company but never for them. Today in a way was an experience. "It was quiet. I enjoyed the silence."

Liam tilted his head sideways and gazed at the beautiful youth infront of him. Slightly memorized by his graceful appearance. The more he looked the more he couldn't get enough. The younger was indeed eye candy.

Liam's smile widen almost blindingly. "Can I kiss you? I want to kiss you. A lot." 

"If I say no. Would you listen?"

"Nope." 

Kei Yun sat his phone down and pushed the man away. "Don't be an animal.",

"Fine." Liam laughed. "Guess your not in a kissing mood. Though I do hope your in an eating mood. Hungry?"

Kei Yun nodded. "I am."

"Good." He continued to lovingly hug Kei Yun in his arms. "I got a feeling your gonna love it."

Collecting his stuff, Liam grabbed Kei Yun's hand and quickly headed out. Arriving at the restaurant within less then an hour. Both sat down in a private section and began to eat 

"I heard you went into the hospital because of a fever." Liam brought up out of the blue. "Your temperature was a bit above 100.4 degrees."

Kei Yun frowned but nodded. "That's what happened."

"You told me you went to the hospital because of drowning."

"I did."  

'Just where is he going with this?'

"And yet you left out the part where you tried committing suicide. Why is that?" Liam asked meaningfully, his gaze full of probing. 

The frown on Kei's lips deepened. "What are you implying? If your curious about something just ask me."

"Implying? I'm not implying anything. As a caring friend and temporary lover I just simply wonder if I have to be on guard for any future attempts in ending your own life again." 

Kei Yun looked at Liam doubtfully. "Don't tell me your worried about me?"

"Yes I am."

"You shouldn't be. I'm fine." Sitting down his fork he looked up at Liam with eyes full of distrust. "I am fully capable of taking care of myself."

"I don't doubt that."

"I'm no ones charity case."

Liam calmly leaned forward, resting his chin in the palm of his hand. "Yet, I feel that I should care for you with all my heart."

"If only you had one." Kei Yun replied bitterly.

There was a slight pause before Liam began laughing as if he had heard the most funniest thing on earth. "I don't know why I like you. But I like you." He smiled genuinely. "Heartless and all."

"I'm flattered." Kei replied indulgently. Not taking Liam's words to heart, as he was sure that whatever the other felt for him. Would soon die out once he got bored and tired.

It was the behavior of a classic playboy. Every relationship was only fun and games and once they were done. They'd move on to the next one. 

Wash, rinse, repeat. It was the same old cycle.

Kei Yun could easily spot what type of man Liam was. He had delt with a lot of them in his past life.

Their was no harm in playing along with the man's charades. 

Taking a sip of white wine, Liam continued. "Do you know Lao Zhang? He's a friend of mine. We go way back if you know what I mean." He gave Kei Yun his signature smile. 

Lao Zhang. Kei Yun remembered that name. How could he not. He was photographer for his primary audition. "You saw them."

"All 500. I was surprised when I did. Compared to your old audition photos your current primary is leagues ahead. What changed?"

"Everything." Kei answered honestly. The soul of this body changed. His views changed, his trust and ideals also changed. Everything, had changed. "Compared to then I now have a goal in mind."

Surprisingly Liam didn't pry further into Kei Yun's sudden shift of life choices. Though it was obvious that he was interested in the 'new' Haru. He seemed to want to take things nice and slow. Planning to observe for now. "You have talent." He smoothly switched the topic. "And that talent needs to be managed correctly. So I've decided to provide you with your own personal manager."

'A manager?!'

2