Chapter 13
45 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

The banquet was a private event. A celebration for the collaboration of Jump franchise and Lotus Entertainment. The attendance rate wasn't high, only a couple hand full of people had shown. People of high status and fame. It was like a small get together. Celebrities from both production companies were present and socializing like butterflies. Expanding their social network with drinks and greetings.

One of the two stars of the show had yet shown up. But there was one celebrity who caught the most attention within the crowd of people. And it was Bai Ling, a popular actor who worked under Lotus Entertainment. He was china's new rising star. A gem waiting to sparkle and shine. 

There was a rumor going around that he was Ming Yuan's replacement. 

The CEO and boss of Lotus entertainment was named Choa Liu Zhang. Boa Liu Zhang's younger brother. The same Boa Lui Zhang who ran Zhang Port Entertainment and helped guide Ming Yuan's career within this past decade.

But there was also another rumor going around. One worse then the first. No one knew if it was true or not but who cared. It was yet another topic to talk about amongst the inner circle. According to rumors Bia Ling was sleeping his way to the top with both brothers. And in reality Ming Yuan had already been replaced.

Of course no one truly knew what was going on, except the ones that were swirling within those rumors. 

Liam grabbed Kei Yun's hand and gently held it. He gave the younger a long once over, taking in the suites they had just put on. 

Liam looked like nobility. With his foreign sharp features and a suede midnight blue tuxedo. He looked stunning and eye catching. There was an aura around him befitting one who was born from riches. His usual pale green eyes, were now bright like emeralds. They stood out like a beacon of light drawing anyone's attention if they looked his way.

Kei Yun on the other hand wore a custom grey tailored suite that perfectly outlined his body frame. He looked elegant and serene. His outfit brought out both his white hair and storm grey eyes. His gaze was sharp and indifferent yet provocative. It was something about the way he carried himself that could memorize almost anyone.

The two fine men held each other hands and walked down the stairs together. Within a single moment, majority of everyone's gazes were fixed upon them.

Liam smiled as he pulled Kei Yun over towards Choa Liu Zhang and his brother Boa Liu Zhang. Who also happened to be next to Director Wooyung and his daughter.

"Excuse me everyone. Hope I'm not interrupting anything important." Liam beamed a casual smile that radiated confidence and any lack of remorse for interrupting a conversation. Kei Yun just watched in silence as Liam completely ignored the Zhang brothers, and nodded in courtesy toward the director and his daughter. 

"This is Haru Suzuki." He pulled Kei into the lively circle and introduced him. "He's a talented new model and he also happens to be a close friend of mine."

Liam was really up to no good. How could he just throw someone of Haru's caliber into a situation like this. It was basically throwing a sheep into a pack of wolves. How would Haru know how to mingle with the influential and rich. A young boy with a poor domestic background, knew nothing about high archy socializing. Or business and money. 

It was like Liam wanted Haru to fail. And Haru would of he was the original. 

Kei Yun inwardly shook his head. 'What a scheming man.'

If he was truly a newbie he'd make a mess of himself. One would trip over there words, feel shy and put themselves down. Or be too prideful and arrogant. But what Liam didn't know was that he'd do neither. 10 years in the entertainment business wasn't for nothing. 

He didn't know every celebrity in the world. But he did know about this Director and his daughter who was excellent fashion designer in the industry. A daughter who was known for loving fashion and a father known for directing big box office movies. They were a talented family and a family with connections.

"Nice to meet you, Director Wooyung and Ms. Dae Eun. I'm Haru Suzuki." Kei Yun gave a simple smile. He wasn't overly humble or stuck up.

"Your japanese?" Ms. Dae Eun asked in surprise. "Your chinese is very good."

Of course his mandarin and cantonese was good. After all it was his native language. And Haru who got excepted into X University was a star student. His chinese was advanced but not fluent as his first language was japanese. But he was smart enough to learn 2 languages easily. 

Kei Yun lightly bowed as he gently shook Ms. Dae Eun's hand. "Thank you, but I still have a lot to learn."

Ms. Dae Eun laughed at Kei Yun's modest reply. "Gorgeous and well spoken." She smiled at Liam. "I'd say you've got quite the friend there."

Liam winked at Ms. Dae Eun as he wrapped a friendly hand around Kei's shoulders. "You have no idea."

Soon Choa Liu Zhang brought up another discussion and the topic had quickly switched. The Director had briefly spoke his opinions on the matter before quickly moving onto something else. It seemed that he did not relish in talking business at a party. Kei Yun stood silent and every now and then the Director would glance his way. Kei was sure his presence alone wouldn't be enough to mark himself as unforgettable in the Director's eyes. But he was sure it would with his daughter.

Dae Eun who was in a full conversation with Liam wouldn't stop smiling and glancing in his direction for not even a full 2 minutes. The look in her eyes was intense and desiring. Not in a romantic way or sexual, for now that was. But it was in a way when an artist looked at a blank canvas that had endless possibilities.

Men weren't the only ones with 'pets.' Women in the industry had them too.

Kei Yun wasn't sure if she was one of them. In all honesty he didn't mind if she was. He wasn't going to sell his body, but a little attention from her wouldn't hurt him.

At that exact moment when he acknowledged her gaze, she moved to talk to him.

Though coincidentally the orchestra started to play music. Quickly surrounding the banquet with a beautiful melody.

Dae Eun gave Kei Yun a graceful smile. "Dance with me." Not letting him respond she grabbed him by his risk and began playfully pulling him to the dance floor. "Come, come dance with me."

Kei glanced back at Liam and gave a hopeless shrug. It appeared that he would be dancing tonight.

2