Chapter four: Peg leg?
10 1 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

(NOTE CHANGING The man to lost. Ch.1 will be edited to have him Qoute this “I am lost.” Not his real name, just a term he put on himself)




Lost unconscious body stirred. His eyes shoot open, then blinking once or twice as his consciousness started waking up. Closing his eye’s Lost mental felt around his body, Ow, everything ached in a dull pain. Lost groaned from the pain. He felt like a stuffed toy who was run through a power wash.



Am I dead? Lost questioned as he accepted the fate of being awake, and being in pain. At this moment I can’t tell if death is better. . . 



Lost ruminate on the feeling, No. Living is better, even with the pain. . . It- it’s bearable.



He opened his eyes again, and weakly raised his hand to his face. Everything was blurry, and with more of his consciousness back he felt something sticking to his body. Lost started blinking away the blur, sleep induced blur or blurr induced sleep? 



Scrunching up his face as he blinked, Lost felt the stuff had dried onto him and was now flaking off. He cringed internally from the slight peeling feeling everytime the stuff flaked off.



The world began to clear and refocus, and Lost happiness from that overshadowed the discomfort from the flaking. He saw his hand, he began turning and twisting around to see every angle, my loveable, great,  and . . . Undamaged hand?




“What?” Lost’s consciousness woke up enough to allow conscious thought, “Undamaged? I- How l been asleep. . . Three, four days, no that would allow for scabbing only.”



Dream? He wondered. Should I pinch myself? “No. The pain is too real. That already removes the need to pinch myself, and plus, showing I’m awake.”



Lost allowed his hand to fall back to the ground. He was already mentally prepared for the pain from dropping it, but was surprised to feel it cushioned by something, Strange.



Lost winced in pain as he craned neck to look at the spot where is had dropped. He saw a light teal moss looking thing. “Doubled weird.”



But it also carried a lichen look from the slightly darker teal leaf-like tuffs. “Huh.” Lost let out involuntary, and groped the moss-lichen. As he groped he let out a sight of pleasure. “Its so soft and squishy, but coarse at the same time. Like a stress ball, but better.”



He continued to squeeze the moss-lichen, his stress and worry from before lighting, while he thought it over/



“Dream. Already confirmed to be false. Body. Aches, but haven't checked it over, only probed with my brain. Righty. Unnaturally healed, no scabs, or even a scar.” His frustration was massaged out from the moss-lichen groping. 



“Conclusion. This isn’t a dream, my body hurts, and my trusted friend is unharmed even though I shoved it in a gator's mouth. . . Magic? Some kind samaritan? A wandering healer? . . .” He searched his head, “Yeah no. One, magic isn't real. Two, it's Florida. . . Am I in Florida anymore. . . How the fuck do I know I lived in Florida if I can’t even remember who I am, and why do I know it fucking sucks.” His anger almost boiled over, but with a few forceful gropes it simmered, “Anyways. Three, why would someone heal me, and then leave me.”



He simmered on those thoughts, and made conclusion “This is fucking weird, and I don’t know what to do, but do at the same time. I have to get my ass up, and move!”



Lost rolled onto his back, and began trying to sit up, “Eh, eh, eh, fuck I give up!” He fell onto his back, “I'm too tired, sore, and weak right now.”



“Even with that flawless healing, it seems my body was drained dry of everything it had. . . Did that healing use up all my-“



“Fuck! What are the words I need? I know what I'm trying to say, but I don’t have the words.” Lost spoke aloud as he focused on the right words. Lost shut his eyes to focus better.



A memory swam from the depth of the ocean called Lost’s mind, and leaped out. He was sitting down, reading a book, he was torn away from the memory, “Nutrients, collagen, carbohydrates, H2O.”



“Weird. I don’t think memories work like that, but to me it feels right. More personal.”



Lost relaxed, shifting till he got comfortable, “Since I have nothing better to do I’ll just rest, while I wait for my strength to recover. And if I get hungry I'll just eat the moss-lichen. . . Actually no, that sounds like a bad idea.”



He didn't sleep, but just ran through his memories before ending up on this piece of land, which he still didn't know why. A better mental image for his method was watching the fish on the surface of a body of water, and sometimes grabbing onto them to get a better look.



A fair bit passed till Lost opened his eyes, but after he did he felt rested. “Here we go.” With one swift, but strained movement Lost got into a sitting position. A small part of him was ashamed of how long it took for him to do that, but the other half’s didn't care or complain about the increased pain from the lower back, and stomach muscle.



Lost looked out to see the lake he was trapped in with the alligator, making the memory return, but he pushed it down, not wanting to think about it. “Not in the mood.”



He also saw other pieces of land. They were made out of brown stuff, gray stuff, and definitely tree’s. He couldn't see all that far without the details blurring. Then something in the bottom-corner of his eye caught his attention. 



His eyes focused, a scowling painted on his face. “That isn't right.” He said.



The thing that caught his eye was his left foot, but it wasn’t at the same time. The foot had been changed. It was still mangled, and worse than he remembered, but it didn't hurt. 



Water seemed to stick to it unnaturally, not acting like a liquid should. He could see some muscles in it, unmoving, but pulsing. Blood also seemed to flow through it, like there was a vein where there was not one. And he saw bone fragments held together, the spots missing bone were replaced with more water.



“I had lost some toes.” That was all he could say as he let out a slight chuckle.



He was missing his big, middle, and pinky toes. All replaced by claws made of water. Lost began cackling. “Look there's even some flesh in them.” He pointed at his not-pinky toe, which had a big chunk of flesh in it.



Lost was hysterical as he wiggled his foot, the water moved with it. It felt like his normal foot, but it wasn't his normal foot. His cackling became that of a madman’s.



“That ain’t right! That ain’t right! It doesn't hurt! Why doesn't it hurt!?”



Lost’s cackling slowed, and abruptly stopped. He went dead silent. “What the fuck is going on.” Lost’s voice was cold, stern, and lacking emotion. 



His hand shakily rose to hover slightly away from his chest. Lost patted his chest, then again in a different spot. He looked down, and began moving his hand all around his torso — pecks, stomach, sides.



“Why aren't there any wounds?” Lost said calmly, “I said why!” He yelled, but no one answered him.



His eyes flicked to his legs. They were unmarried, not even a scratch. He began groping around his face, No bruises or even a scratch.

 

 

His mouth opened, and he shoved his index finger in there. He began probing around, No chipped teeth, not even loose. A part of him screamed in disgust from him shoving a dirty hand in his mouth, but that was crushed by the panic from finding out his foot was part water. 



Lost took his hand out — covered in saliva, and wet dirt — he curled his tongue back onto itself, and began rubbing up and down, Nothing.



“This- what is happening. I have no wounds, and I’m one-hundred percent sure that I was attacked by the alligator, and even more sure I bit my tongue in one of those death rolls, and it was pretty bad. Am I? Did I hallucinate it all? No! That can’t be. Can it? Was I just drugged out of my mind, and kidnapped? I know where I am is real, but is it even Florida. Am I in some whole other country, and why would someone even want to kidnap me. A prank. .” Lost clasped his chest, his heart was beating a mile per second.



“We- We need to calm down, and we will think after we are calm.” Lost laid back, his back falling into the moss-lichen, cushioning the fall. He began massaging the moss-lichen. 



Lost took in a shuddering breath, “That's better.”



Lost stress, tension, and panic slowly oozed out of him as he gripped the moss-lichen, then he finally fell asleep. His current worldly matters were forgotten as he took a nap. A nap that he really needed, if not he might have broken. 

0