Chapter 15 – A Really Nice Job
2.5k 7 64
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I changed my clothes, and we went out after Ami also changed hers.

At first, I was about to wear the suit that I often wore to find a job, but it reeks. So I only changed into a neat white shirt and black pants.

Ami said it would cause no problem, and I trusted her. She changed her clothes into a business suit with a mini skirt. When we were about to leave, she lifted her skirt and showed a black garter belt, which looked sexy.

This girl was unexpectedly a pervert once I knew her, and she loved to tease me to see my reaction to that!

Anyway, we went to the center of Solace city, walking down the street together side by side. Today was Thursday, and it was morning when people went to work, so the street was a bit crowded.

However, I quite enjoyed walking. It was good for our bodies. I was also curious about what kind of work she introduced me to, so I asked her.

“It is a work where you can meet many different girls and interact with them.” She answered.

“Are you serious? You won’t ask me to be a stripper, aren’t you?”

The only job I could think of that fit the description was a stripper. They could meet many different girls, and they could also interact with them.

A host also fit the description, so it was between the two of them. Knowing Ami’s personality, she would choose those kinds of work to help me get other girls. We couldn’t count on Rena’s availability as it seemed like she also modeled for a girl’s magazine on top of being an actress for a drama TV series.

That was why I had never heard of Rena. I had never watched a drama series or read a girl’s magazine.

“Hahaha, of course not. Our family business isn’t something in the gray area like that. Have you heard about The Bride’s Suit?” Ami asked, looking at me.

“The Bride’s Suit?”

If I wasn’t wrong, that was a store where they dealt with female Heroes’ bodysuit. The bodysuit used by Heroes wasn’t normal; it was bulletproof and slash-proof.

They could also wear a Kevlar, but its weight often interfered with some Heroes’ superpowers, so this kind of bodysuit was developed as a replacement.

Using some high technology I had no idea of, this bodysuit became popular almost immediately after its release 3 years ago.

“I have heard about it.” I nodded to Ami.

“Great!” Ami exclaimed and stopped in front of a certain luxurious building. I also stopped on my track and looked at the building.

The sign on top of the door said ‘The Bride’s Suit’, and I knew where this would go.

“This is your family’s?!”

“Yup! Let’s enter, shall we?” Ami said, smiling brightly at me. “This is where you are going to work from now on!”

***

Ami took me inside, and the waitress took us into the backroom was named Anni. We were taken with great care, and they even prepared snacks for us. I sat on the couch with Ami, waiting for the manager to arrive.

Looking at this, I realized that Ami wasn’t joking when she said this store was her family’s.

“How is it a good place to work, right?” Ami said, taking the cup of coffee that the waitress had prepared. “This place is left in my hand. I have a full share of it, so I can do everything I want with it. Just say a word, and I will give you a position, Rei.”

“Are you sure?” I asked Ami, a bit worried about her decision. “It’s not like I don’t want the position. Of course, I want to work and have money, but…”

“Don’t worry about it.” She put her hand on top of mine. “As I’ve said, you just need to tell me whether you want the position or not. I will arrange it so it won’t cause any problem for someone.”

“I want it.” I immediately answered.

I was selfish, but living in this current world was necessary. I was rejected from work because I had no degree or superpower. So I wouldn’t hesitate to reach my own happiness even if other people suffer. I had forgotten about that after living happily for two days.

She nodded. “How is your study, by the way?”

“If you ask me whether I am smart or an idiot, then I am on the smart side, I think. But I often made an idiotic decision when I was panicked, just like two days ago. I am now calm and can think clearly.”

Indeed, I wasn’t just some idiot who ran around the street. I was the smartest person in my village in District 51.

In the past two days, I was a bit panicked about replenishing points and my lifespan. Hence, I made many idiotic decisions, such as showing off to Ami to fight the 3 thugs without considering what could happen to me.

I was desperate. I thought that I would be worthless to her if I wasn’t good at something. However, I didn’t need to do that anymore after I knew what she was like. This morning’s conversation made me calmer. At least my survival was secured unless something extraordinary happened.

“I can see that. That’s good enough

At that moment, the door was opened from outside, and a man entered. He wore luxurious clothes and a golden watch on his left hand. On his head, should I call that his hair? It was bleached in green color and styled to the back.

Overall his appearance was streaking in a bad way.

“I told you it would be okay. I hired him a year ago because he begged for help and showed me his skill in managing the store, but I never thought he would change like this. The revenue from the store also plummeted to the ground after he took over.” Ami whispered in a low voice as the man spread his arms.

I now understood why she said that. I doubted this man could even work. While I had never judged someone’s skill based on appearance, his appearance was too gaudy to be believed.

The customers would run away when they saw him, thinking that a clown was running the store.

“Oh! Miss Yomemiya. Welcome! What’s the occasion this time? I have never expected your sudden visit!” He exclaimed, sitting on the sofa across from us without waiting for Ami’s permission.

That was rude. Ami owned this store, no? He should’ve waited for her permission before sitting.

Ami’s eyebrows twitched. The man didn’t seem to notice it as he casually took out a box of cigars from under his coat.

“Indeed, this is a sudden visit, Mr. Kaumar. I come here for an important talk, so put away those cigars, please.”

Even if she got a bit angry, Ami was still able to maintain a calm voice. She was amazing. I should learn a bit from her.

“Alright alright.” Mr. Kaumar answered with a playful tone as he put his box of cigars back into his pocket. “What is the talk, Miss Yomemiya? You can count on me for anything! I will help you with everything! New bodysuit? A jewel? A luxurious watch for this gentleman? You can ask me anything!”

“Really?” Ami asked.

“Of course! Anything for my savior! I have a lot of money to spare!”

“I am glad if that’s the case, fufufu.” Ami chuckled in a low tone.

When I heard that, I could conclude something.

‘The revenue being plummeted to the ground is because this man used it for luxurious goods!’ I thought.

‘If that’s the case, then this man is the worst. I don’t know whether Ami’s altruism is a gift or a curse for her. She made a great Hero, but the desire to help everyone in trouble is just a curse for me. This is a great example.’

I furrowed my brows as I looked at the man. Now the rest of my guilt about replacing someone’s position was gone completely. I knew Ami wanted me to take control of this store from our earlier conversation.

I was selfish, but I wasn’t an asshole. That was why I was a bit glad when Ami said she would arrange a new position for the person that I replaced.

But I think she should just fire him without giving him a pension if he was like this. Hell, I would take all his luxurious goods while I was at it if I was Ami. A person like him didn’t deserve any help. A dog who bit its owner was lower than trash.

‘Let’s just observe how he would react. It’s not my time to talk yet. Ami hasn’t told him that I would replace his position as the manager of this store.’

“But unfortunately, Mr. Kaumar. I am not here to ask something from you. But I want to take something from you.”

“Yes?” Mr. Kaumar was belwidered. He stopped moving and looked at Ami, confused. “Did I hear that you want to take something from me?” He asked, then smiled widely.

“Of course! Feel free to!”

His gaze was a bit disgusting, looking at Ami’s bosom and thighs. That guy, he was the worst scum. How could he look at Ami like that? Did he want to die? I could gladly call Rena here if he wanted to die. Surely that girl would kill him. That was what my guts said.

“I am glad that you’re understanding.”

For me, Ami’s smile was now a bit terrifying. She noticed his disgusting gaze and fixed her sitting position to hide her thighs. I wanted to punch him for eyeing my girl, but that would create trouble for us.

‘Hold it, Rei. Hold it for your own sake!’

The situation would be troublesome if he reported it to the police. Ami’s position as a Hero would be in trouble too.

‘You can punch him when no one is watching, and he doesn’t know about the attacker.’

“Then, I take the store manager’s position from you. From now on, you’re fired.” Ami said casually with a smile. Her hand made a gesture of cutting off a neck, and Mr. Kaumar froze in place once again.

“Hah?!”

Ami took out a phone from her pocket and operated it.

“Good work all this time, but I can’t tolerate your embezzlement any longer. You’re fired and I will have you return all wealth you take from our store. I believe you owe us a grand total of $5 million from my calculation. I hope you can pay it before the 31st of this month.”

“Wait! You can’t make that decision on the spot!”

“Oh, I surely can. I am the sole owner of The Bride’s Suit. I can fire any employees under its name whenever I want to.”

“That’s ridiculous!”

“It’s not. Now, get out of my store this instant!” Ami shouted at him, causing him to back away, scared. Even if she looked beautiful and innocent, Ami was still a professional Hero.

“Tsk!” Mr. Kaumar clicked his tongue and stormed out of the room, leaving us here.

I was glad he didn’t make quite a fuss. Maybe even if he made a fuss, he realized that he couldn’t beat Ami, and that was why he left the room. Even if he was a scum, Ami had recognized his skill. At least he had a brain to think. Too bad he was too greedy.

“Fuu, that was done.” Ami let out a sigh and returned to her usual self. “Sorry to make you see that, Rei.”

“No, it’s not a problem. Rather, I want to punch that man so badly earlier when he eyed you.”

“Hahaha, you’re unexpectedly obsessive too. I love that.”

Ami held my hand and leaned closer, asking for a kiss. I pressed my lips against her. It was only a peck, but she was satisfied.

“Fufufu, having a light kiss sometime is nice.” She giggled happily, making a smile form on my face too.

But there was still a rather pressing matter.

“So, I will take over that guy’s post in this store? My first job in a big city is a manager of a big brand, huh? Talk about something else.”

“Huh? No, you will not be a manager of this store, Rei.” Ami answered me seriously.

“Eh, I am not?”

I thought that I would take over his position as a manager, seeing how Ami cared for me. But I was wrong.

‘How embarrassing!’

I felt blood running to my face. I bet that it was really red now.

“Hahaha, no. How could I let you have that position? You deserve higher. I am now also working as the CEO of this brand, and to be honest, I need help. So I need a secretary to help me. That will be your post if you don’t mind. How is it?”

“A secretary?”

“Yup! My secretary!” Ami exclaimed. “The job is to help me arrange documents, my schedule, and have fun with me. You can also work from home! It’s nice, right?”

‘A male secretary, huh?’

While it was rare, it wasn’t unheard of. The job also sounded easy.

‘I feel like I took too much advantage of Ami. Is this really okay?’

After I thought about it for a little, I would just call it a privilege to have a rich and beautiful girlfriend. I nodded at Ami and smiled playfully.

“I am looking forward to working with you, Boss.”

“Yes, I am also looking forward to your service, Rei.”

It seemed like this position of secretary that Ami offered wasn’t much different from being a Host or a stripper in a club. However, I could say it with pride instead of being shy about my job. Indeed, it was much better.

Support me in my patreon: www.patreon.com/marudeossan
I have advanced chapters and polls to decide the scene there!

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/4E4qgYrCrZ

64