Chapter 19 – A Quiet Night
2.1k 5 55
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

I returned home by train after I bought some snacks from District 2. I wandered a little around Mai City after I parted ways with Mimi and Miya.

As I sat on the train toward Solace City, the sun was already on the horizon, about to set. The train was filled with people returning from work. While on the train, I wondered about something.

‘Is my Snake Eyes also aroused girls?’

It had happened a few times already, so I wouldn’t think of this as a coincidence. The girls that got charmed by my Snake Eyes flushed red and got in heat.

I waited for the notification to ring to inform me that the System was updated, but it didn’t ring this time. Then I read the effect of Snake Eyes again and focused on the words ‘hidden desire’ written at the end of the sentences.

‘Is their hidden desire to have sex or something?’

That thought flashed in my mind for a little. If the hidden desire was something sexual, then I could understand why they were so thirsty to get laid on.

‘I still need to experiment on it. It’s not really apparent to Rena because she was already aroused when I used Snake Eyes on her, but I noticed her gaze changed when the skill affected her.’

The train ride was smooth. I noticed some girls chatting with each other sitting a bit away from me. They were normal girls without any superpowers and didn’t look at me.

I activated my Snake Eyes and looked at them, trying to see whether it took effect or not. But as I had expected, it didn’t work. My Snake Eyes only worked when the girl looked at me directly.

I deactivated it and leaned my back. Knowing this detail would be useful in the future. I wouldn’t need to be careful to affect the wrong girl as long as I was careful.

“It’s nice,” I muttered, my lips curled up in a faint smile.

***

I arrived at the apartment at 6 PM. Using the key Ami gave me, I entered without knocking and noticed Ami sleeping on the only couch, still in her previous clothes.

However, it was messy, and the top three buttons were unbuttoned, revealing her sexy laced black bra and cleavage. Her skirt was rolled up, exposing her black panties and garter belt that held her high socks.

Her face looked so defenseless and cute. There was a stack of documents on the table. She must be tired, so I didn’t disturb her. I took a blanket from the second floor and covered her with it before sitting on the sofa.

I opened my phone and checked on the message. My mother sent another message, and there was another unread one just on top of her message.

“Anna?” I muttered as I read the name. I had never expected her to message me.

Anna was my little sister. Imamura Anna. If you were wondering why her name sounded west, it was because I was adopted into the family when I was a child. She was my mother, Diana’s biological daughter.

Currently, she was accompanying my mother back in my hometown, taking care of her. She even gave up going to college because Diana got sick, and we had not enough money to pay for her tuition.

“Is it because I sent $1000 to her earlier? Let’s read my mother’s message first.”

The message that Diana sent was as usual. She asked me whether I was doing good or not, and I replied that I was fine. She still worried about me even though she was sick herself. That was the reason why I tried my best to buy a cure for her.

I needed at least $50,000 to buy the cure for pandemic C-20.

“I want to repay everything she did for me,” I muttered as I pressed send. My message was immediately read, and I smiled as she replied back.

Then I looked at Anna’s message. It was a short message saying, ‘Call me,’ without any context. I narrowed my eyes, wondering why she asked me to call her.

If it wasn’t something urgent, then she would only message me. That meant…

‘There is something urgent going on.’

I stood up and walked to the glass wall, looking at the city outside as I called Anna, putting my phone on my ear. The call was picked up after 3 rings. She must be walking out of the house first to avoid being heard by Diana.

[Hello, Rei. It’s been a while, isn’t it?]

A soft voice tickled my ear from the speaker of my phone. It belonged to Anna. Because I was busy searching for a job, I didn’t even call her for 3 months, afraid of them finding out I failed in my job search.

Now that I had managed to land a job as Ami’s secretary, my worries were blown away.

[How are you, Rei? I heard that you’re doing great.] Anna continued over the phone. She was a rather stoic girl, and her voice usually was devoid of emotion, but I somehow felt something in her voice right now.

She sounded worried and rushed.

“Yeah, it’s been a while, Anna. I am doing well here.” I said, trying my best to sound normal. To be honest, hearing Anna’s worried voice made me a bit worried as well.

The first thing that flashed into my mind was Diana’s condition had worsened or something like that. But I kept my mind to be optimistic.

[That’s good.] She said,

[Rei, tell me about something. Please be honest with me. You really have a job in that place, no? My friend who just returned to District 51 told me that finding a job without a superpower or a degree is hard, which is why she gave up. The $1000 you sent me this afternoon isn’t your entire savings, no?]

I see. She was worried about me. I felt really bad about it. The last thing I wanted to do was to make them worried.

“Don’t worry, Anna. I really have a job. I met someone yesterday, and she offered me a new job this morning, which is a down payment I got.” I said with a smile, glancing at Ami, who moved on the couch. There was a faint smile on her face now.

[Is that so? Perhaps… The one who offered you a new job is your girlfriend? You got a girl?]

Anna was always keen. She knew what I implied just from that words.

“Yeah.” I nodded even though she couldn’t see me.

Did she wake up and hear what I said? That would be a bit embarrassing. I still couldn’t be honest about calling Ami my girlfriend to other people. I was still a bit shy about it.

[Hmm… Is that so?]

Somehow she sounded displeased. I got myself a new girlfriend and a job, but she didn’t sound so happy about it.

I wasn’t someone dense. I knew that there was something strange about Anna when it was related to me. But this just confirmed something different.

‘To think it will be like that.’

I had thought of her as my precious little sister, a few months younger than me. But… this troubled me.

“Yes. Anyway, I will be able to send you some money starting now. Use it wisely, got it?”

[Yeah, I got it. Return to District 51 sometimes, Rei. Mother misses you, you know? Not only her but…] She paused a little before continuing. [Nevermind.]

“I will return when I have the chance too.” I turned around and leaned my back against the glass. Ami stirred awake, probably because of my voice, and looked at me.

“Rei?”

I put my index finger on my mouth and pointed at my phone, and she nodded. Thankfully, the microphone of my phone wasn’t too sensitive, so Anna probably couldn’t hear Ami’s voice.

[Promise, okay? Don’t forget to give me a call too. I love you, Rei.]

“I love you too, my little sister. See you again.”

[Yeah.]

Anna ended the call after that, and I saw Ami walk toward me while using the blanket I put on her like a coat.

“Your little sister?” She asked, leaning her back against the glass wall beside me. She put her head on my shoulder, and I glanced at her.

“Yes. She was worried about my condition, so she asked me to call her.” I replied to her.

“Hmm, I see.” Ami said, nuzzling her head against my neck, searching for my warmth.

“I have finished all the necessary documents, Rei. I will introduce you to your work tomorrow. Being my secretary means you need to know about our branches and their revenue. Not only that, you need to substitute me if I can’t attend a meeting or some sort.”

“This is not an ordinary secretary job, no?” I asked.

The job that Ami described was by no means a job that a secretary did. It was too much work. The secretary that I knew only answered phone calls and redirected them if necessary, managing agendas and such.

They played a vital role in helping their employer to manage the day-to-day operations, not replacing them in a meeting or knowing all branches and their revenue.

“Oh, I didn’t say it is a normal secretary position, you know?” Ami smirked playfully at me as she separated her head from my shoulder. “It is your special position. Taking this job means you will become the number two person in my company and brand, ‘The Bride’s Suit,’ just under me.”

“Isn’t basically I have become a Chief Officer of your company?”

“Correct.”

This girl really made a strange decision sometimes. While I was happy, I wasn’t ready for that position!

What if I screwed up and made the company bankrupt? I wouldn’t be able to handle that much possibility.

“I was just joking.” Ami continued, still having a playful smile.

“Your joke is bad for my heart.”

Really. Thinking about having too much responsibility made my heart beat faster than normal. The responsibility needed for that position was too much for me to handle.

Getting girls was way easier than becoming a Chief Officer. As proof, I was able to get two girls to have sex with me just today. Hooray for Snake Eyes. I loved this skill.

“Your position is my assistant, a personal secretary. You will help with all my job and substitute for me in a meeting that I can’t attend. It’s not really hard because my company has a lot of skilled people. Sometimes I only need to sign something or fire a manager just like before. I am more focused on my Hero activities and often neglect my company.” She let out a dry laugh.

That wasn’t funny, Ami. Neglecting your company was bad! Or rather, someone like Mr. Kaumar was born in your company because of that, wasn’t it?

‘It’s still something with a lot of responsibility, but it is better than before, I guess? At least Ami is there to teach me.’

As long as there was someone to teach me, I would be able to do it. I also could watch over her company in her steed. At least I was confident to do that.

“As long as you teach me, then I will be happy to get that position, Ami.”

“Alright! I still have 6 days before I need to continue my Hero job, so I will be able to teach you about all your jobs, Rei.”

“Please be gentle with me,” I said with a smile.

My job wasn’t a normal secretary like I initially thought, but as long as I made money from it, I would do my best with my job.

We continued to chat and sat on the couch while snuggling with each other. We had the most random talk, spending the night just like this without doing anything sexual because Ami was exhausted from running around to prepare all the documents necessary.

Sometimes a quiet night like this wasn’t bad at all.

Support me in my patreon: www.patreon.com/marudeossan
I have advanced chapters and polls to decide the scene there!

Join my discord: https://discord.gg/4E4qgYrCrZ

55