CH 6 – The Prodigy
1.7k 1 31
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Cronus POV:

Eukeitia, known as a prodigy amongst other gods, dubbed the 'All-Seeing Witch,' who could seemingly read everyone's thoughts. No, I'm not referring to the minds of mortals. Such minds are incapable of preventing their thoughts from leaking out unlike us Gods, who have been naturally blessed with the Supreme One's protection since our birth. To pull off something like this was unprecedented, even among the High Gods, and only thought of as exclusive to the Supreme One's right hand, Alkaezos and left hand, Belus.

I was going about my daily routine, serving as an overseer of a group of lesser Gods, maintaining my planet, as well as occasionally handling cases for the Supreme One's agency. In essence, the system is similar to that of... I believe mortals should call it 'government office,' if I'm not mistaken. Explaining the entire process would be akin to mansplaining the entire law book to a toddler, so I shall summarise it. There are 3 laws that no God, regardless of authority may breach. One, a God may never interfere in the work of other Gods. Two, a mortal should be given equal, if not greater compensation should they be disturbed by a foreign God. Three, Gods may not brawl with other Gods.

Hmm... where was I? Oh, right. As I was saying, it was a normal day. Or so I thought, as rumours of a lesser God being promoted to a High God in just 10,000 years, with the alias 'All-Seeing Witch,' was starting to pop up in conversations between my coworkers and I. What's a High God you ask? While they are not necessarily any stronger than lesser Gods, they have greater authority within the Supreme One's Domain, such as the ability to grant blessings to mortals, roam on their planet, etc, etc. Curious... I thought. As you would expect, Gods have indefinite lifespans, and so most have been around for at least 300 billion years. Hmm? The universe was born 13.7 billion years ago? Of course not. There was a time before that, but mortals convinced themselves with their theories, giving it absurd names... like the "Big Bang," and [UNINTELLIGIBLE]. Instead, it marks the birth of new lesser Gods, whom the Supreme One compressed all star matter into a singular point, forming new lesser Gods with the intention to lessen our workload. Oh, how benevolent and gracious the Supreme One is... we truly do not deserve his warmth....

Ah, I have gotten sidetracked again. Anyway, normally the promotion from a lesser God to a High God takes around 170 billion years, give or take. Eukeitia was actually demoted to Demigod, after breaking several laws in the Supreme One's domain. I'm not sure how exactly she was promoted back to lesser God, let alone a Higher God in the span of 130,000 years. I had already long forgotten about her since she was an Epsilon. The first letter of our name would determine our prestige and promotion rate. Letters like A (Alpha), B (Beta), C (Gamma) and D (Delta) were at the top of the hierarchy while Z, who were not even granted a group name was dead last. However, there was an exception. One that overshadowed all others, S. There was only one who had a name that began with it. Please excuse my rudeness for I will refer to Him by name. He was Solomon, our father, whom us inferior beings also collectively refer to as 'The Supreme One'.

As I was introduced to this, I felt aggrieved and indignant. How would this be sensible to anyone, let alone the young me? I was convinced that this system would be the end of the Supreme One. Naively, I challenged Alkaezos, hoping to prove once and for all that such a system was unfounded and that all Gods deserve to be seen in equal light. At first, when I jumped at him in the duel, he was just standing there, not even bothering to move. 'Heh, this guy's asking to die.' I thought, as I rushed towards him with the power of a thousand suns condensed into a small, glowing ball of fire mana in my left hand and the force of a supernova whirling in my other hand, which I clenched into a fist. I had been training day in and day out for nearly 300,000 years now, and it was all for this moment. Sending an uppercut straight to his chin, I immediately followed the attack by letting the flames from my hand shoot out, engulfing him.

31