CH 8 – You just won the lottery! Claim a Eukeitia now!
1.6k 4 24
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Alkaezos POV:

 

I hurriedly walk over to Cronus' body, praying that my punch did not irreversibly cripple the poor guy. I knew I shouldn't have agreed to this stupid duel... if only he knew better. Bending down, I kneel beside his body and chant.

 

"O' Mother of Life, I beseech thou, may hither body be guideth to its true state."

 

A light green glow envelops the unconscious God, fading soon after.

 

"Ngnn... huh?"

 

I hear Cronus mumbling, and I heave a heavy sigh. He opens his eyes, and upon meeting my gaze, he eyes widen.

 

"Y-y-you..."

 

"I... did I lose?" He says, his body trembling as the words leave his mouth.

 

I nod.

 

"But... you didn't kill me?"

 

I raise an eyebrow as he continues looking at me quizzically. Pfft... *snicker*

 

"Kill you? *snort*, PFFFFFFT...!  HAHAHAHAHAAA!"

 

"Why would I kill you? You're a good guy, y'know," I say, stifling my laughter.

 

"Eh? Then why'd you fight me?"

 

"You're asking me? Let's just say a certain guy kept barging into wherever I was, beating up everyone to spit out my location daily, almost like a mindless robot."

 

"Wait, why are you saying it like that! I asked them nicely okay?!"

 

"Hehehe... I know, I know. That's why I like you. Even in your determination to find and beat me up, you're kind and compassionate. You treat your opponents as opponents only until the fight is over. Don't think I didn't see you treat the others and Belus after brawling with them."

 

"What...? Why do you know that? Never mind, tell me. Why prattle such useless things to me?"

 

===================================

Cronus POV:

 

 

"Listen, Cronus. As much as I, too, find the name system unjust, its just how it is. I was born with this power, and the name found me. So please, stop trying to prove it otherwise," Alkaezos says, standing up and stretching his open hand out to me.

 

"Is that... really true?" I ask.

 

"As you can see, yes. Although, I can't say for certain because Belus somehow lost his duel against you. However, I can say for certain that I definitely will not lose against anyone below me."

 

I lay there, trying to make sense of what he just told me. JUsT BoRN wItH tHE PoWEr? LIKE HELL I'M ACCEPTING THAT! I just have to train more...

 

"Just accept it. Training will not help you."

 

"N- Eh?"

 

How did he gather from me that I was planning on training and going for a rematch? I thought, as I then notice Alkaezos glaring at me, and while I've seen my share of them while fighting others, the fear I felt on that day was unimaginable. His gaze was sharp as a dagger, cold like the tundra and hard as adamantite. It was as if I was looking into the eyes of a dragon. It immediately sent a shiver down my spine, causing my body to tremble immensely. It was then, that I truly gave up.

 

I seem to be missing something... where was I? Ah. My apologies. *ahem* As I was saying, Eukeitia was but a simple rumour, until one day she came crashing straight into my office.

 

"Hi hii!" 

 

She cheerfully greets me, not even fazed at the fact that she just rammed and broke through 702 perfect magical barriers that I painstakingly made in order to prevent anyone from snooping or barging in.

 

"Why are you here?" I ask, quietly sobbing at the giant mess she's created when the door was an option.

 

"Ah, here, the papers. You're my supervisor!"

 

WHAT?! There was no discussion nor was I notified or anything! How am I supposed to control this freak of nature?! On the first day, she's already blown my office up, nonchalantly walks up to me and claims that I am now supposed to supervise her! I'm already having a migraine just thinking about having to manage a High God, let alone one known for making trouble. Supreme One, save me...

24