Chapter 529 Athena, Who Starts Doubting Life
28 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Support me at Pat reon

 

https://www.pat*reon.com/IamPoorGuy

 

remove the *

 

There are more than 150 advanced chapter there

 

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 

Athena was genuinely surprised. She didn’t expect the other party to directly throw the Gorgoneion to her without any hesitation. She couldn't believe he'd just give it to her so easily, and thought he was just joking.

However, Athena decided not to waste any more time and nodded in agreement. Then, she directly merged with the Gorgoneion and turned into her adult form. In this form, she wore a white gown, radiating a goddess-like aura.

“Let's find a better place for our battle. This location isn't suitable!”

Asahi suggested, and with a wave of his hand, they were suddenly on a remote island. island. There were no other people around, just a deserted island, so their battle won’t affect anyone.

Athena was once again taken aback. Even the current her couldn't teleport like that. She began to suspect that something was amiss, and she had fallen into a trap.

Despite her doubts, Athena couldn't back out now. After all, she had accepted the Gorgoneion. She started chanting her divine chant, creating a dark and ancient atmosphere. But to her surprise, Asahi seemed unaffected by her chanting, which left Athena bewildered.

After Athena completed her chant, the sky turned pitch black, shrouded in an ancient darkness. She was satisfied with the environment she had created, but before she could revel in it, Asahi unleashed a powerful burst of light from his location, turning the surroundings to be as bright as the day.

Athena blinked and looked over, only to see Asahi was holding a small sun in his hand, and the light burst from the small sun.

Immediately after, he released the little sun into the sky, creating a sun-like brilliance. It was as if her efforts had been in vain, and she couldn't help but blush in embarrassment.

In anger, Athena summoned her familiar, a serpent, to attack Asahi. This time, she summoned a huge snake. The huge snake immediately rushed towards Asahi, but Asahi simply pointed his fingertip, and the small sun he had released from it obliterated the serpent effortlessly.

This huge snake doesn’t even know how it died, which is very tragic.

Seeing the huge snake taken care of so easily, Athena was left in disbelief as to how Asahi could wield the power of the sun with such ease.

Although among the gods, there are a lot of sun-related ones, but Asahi is obviously not a god, and he is not a Campione, which made her wonder where does his power of the sun come out from? Furthermore, the immense power he demonstrated, such as effortlessly crushing her serpent with a tiny sun, surpassed even that of those sun gods.

Athena began to doubt who the true god of the sun was and found herself in a perplexing situation.

After that, Athena attempted to use her language-based attacks extensively, as Athena was not good at close combat.

Even though Athena was the Goddess of War, she resembled more of a mage, or more strictly speaking, a wizard. She had a variety of spells in her repertoire, including petrification incantations and death-related spells. However, none of these abilities seemed to affect Asahi in the slightest.

First of all, Asahi’s inherent strength was formidable, and secondly, he copied the Campione’s physique. On top of that, he possessed various enhancements magic from the Fairy Tail World and had continuously improved through limiters. This combination created a dual immunity to both physical and magical attacks. Regardless of the type of magic Athena used, it proved futile as long as her power did not surpass Asahi’s.

Athena tried all her linguistic incantations, but Asahi remained as unyielding as a mountain, impervious to any influence, which makes Athena extremely suspicious of life, unable to understand what is going on.

Seeing that Athena had exhausted her options, Asahi decided to end the battle by snapping his fingers.

Golden halos materialized in the air, followed by countless chains that rapidly encased Athena, rendering her immobile.

“What kind of chain is this?”

Athena suddenly realized she couldn't break free from them, and these chains seemed to possess an anti-divine attribute.

“This chain is called Enkidu and it is specifically designed to deal with gods. For ordinary people, they are merely sturdy chains.”

Asahi explained, “However, when used against gods, as their strength increases in proportion to the god’s divinity. Being one of the chief deities, you should understand the consequences!”

Asahi said a little amused. Enkidu can be said to be specifically designed to refrain the gods of this world.

As long as Enkidu is used, killing the gods is not a big problem at all. It is convenient and simple to do.

“You actually have this kind of weapon against God in your hand!”

Athena is dumbfounded. This thing is too terrifying. Any gods, regardless of which god they were, would likely start doubting their existence when faced with such a weapon. After all, she has already doubted life.

“How is it? Do you give up now?”

Dealing with someone like Athena, who excelled in magic, was a walk in the park for Asahi. Against Asahi, it was more practical to use close combat rather than engaging in a spellcasting contest. Otherwise, it would be like sending food to their opponent. Although no one can break his defense in close combat, at least it would force him to take action, avoiding a situation where they might exhaust themselves like Athena.

“I… I lost!”

Athena had no more words to say. She had lost, plain and simple. There was no way around it. The main reason is that Asahi is too abnormal. Asahi completely ignores all her abilities, and his attack power is overwhelming. Moreover, he has this chain that restrains gods.

With all that, Athena had no choice but to admit defeat. She used to think that some of the Campione, like Voban and Luo Hao, were overpowered, but now, she had witnessed an even more absurd level of power. This level of absurdity was even more potent than the gods and had nothing to do with divinity.

Anyway… Today she had truly broadened her horizons, but she still can’t understand it, Can humans really reach such heights? Humans had their limits, and their upper limit could only be elevated by slaying gods, but Asahi’s level of power seemed too high, and it had nothing to do with being a god.

2