Chapter 8: The Great Plateau
55 0 2
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As I begin to walk towards the strange old spirit, I feel my mind suddenly filling with knowledge. The knowledge I am gaining is knowledge of this place, of Hyrule, due to a perk I possess named “General Knowledge”. Thanks to it with every step I take I am learning about the history of my surroundings.

Long before I reach the spirit I learn of things like the “Great Calamity”, and of the “Guardians”; strange machines corrupted by an evil demon named “Calamity Ganon”. Calamity Ganon is just the formal title of the demon that I am being asked to destroy, the one identified in my mental quest log as “Ganon”.

I even learn the names of the four divine beasts, strange mechanical beings of immense size and even greater power that lurk in the four corners of the continent, and were corrupted by the Calamity before Ganon was sealed away by Princess Zelda. The knowledge I possess also reveals to me that in addition to Zelda, and the “Champions”: the men and women chosen to pilot the divine beasts, there was another member of the party tasked with dealing with the Calamity…

Link, the knight who possessed the sword that could seal away the darkness and slay Ganon once and for me. He is also the very man whose body I have snatched. But I do not possess the legendary sword that was believed to be able to seal the darkness…

As I approach the strange spirit sitting by a cozy fire, I contemplate what I could do in this world. This continent is a land beset by tragedy, and the tragedy isn’t over yet. So long as Calamity Ganon lives it is a threat, and the continent is in danger. Worse yet is the fact that with each passing day the heroine responsible for keeping it at bay grows weaker while it regains some of the strength it lost…

I gaze at the castle in the distance. The edifice is so thoroughly entrenched in darkness and shadows that they have manifested physically. The darkened energies of the calamity have etched themselves, physically, onto the castle walls and the grounds that surround the ruins of the palace. They cover the place like some sort of demonic muck that befouls anything it touches.

As I gaze at the castle, I can see the dreaded guardians that roam it. Most of the guardians that I can see are strange robots that look like some sort of laser-wielding spider creepily stalking the palace grounds, while some are rooted in place and spin their turrets in circles, waiting to catch some unlucky lifeform in their gaze. The last type of guardians that I can see are ones that fly in the air above and around the gigantic castle beaming searchlights onto the ground.

I can see the malice, the name given to the corruptive energies that emanate from Calamity Ganon by the survivors who endured the catastrophe, clinging to the machines and overriding their programming.

As I study it, I envision a variety of ways that I could try to either negate it, purify it, or even subvert it and make it my own instead of Ganon’s. That knowledge fills me with ambition.

Many of the ways I can interact with the guardians, aside from by using swift, deadly violence, and possibly anything else Ganon corrupted, are only possible because of things like my new chassis! That knowledge excites me, and makes me curious about this world.

I grow increasingly familiar with the energies the more I study them, and in almost no time at all I find myself able to detect increasingly minute amounts of malice. By the time I make it to the campfire where the strange spirit sits, undoubtedly waiting for me, I have realized that malice is everywhere just in very tiny amounts!

When I make it to where the spirit of the old man is waiting, I look at him and smile.

“Hello there.” I say, casually. He looks up at me and smiles, before silently gesturing at the ground with a long cane, motioning for me to sit. I do as he indicates, and the man laughs heartily.

“Hello stranger. I saw you wander out of that cave minutes ago. Now that is a lovely, and strange, place. I could never get past the door, but I saw the artwork on the walls and the strange metal that makes up the cave walls.” He says, excitedly. I keep my eyes on him and smile as he talks about the walls. Strange runes, which were almost certainly the power source of the shrine, did line even those last walls.

“You… must be something special to be able to get out of that place.” He says to me, eyeing me up and down. When his eyes reach the case on my hip they widen in feigned shock and genuine delight.

“That shape… Is that a… Sheikah Slate?” He asks. I know he knows what the thing is, but he’s a part of one of the quests I am on, so I indulge his attempts at acting.

For the next few minutes the man badgers me with questions about the device, before pointing me in the direction of what he refers to as a “Terminal”, located near the edge of the plateau. He suggests that by going there and placing the slate on the terminal I may be able to find a safe way off the plateau, and he informs me that there are monsters between where we are, strange pig-like humanoids called “Bokoblins” that make camps nearby, as well as amorphous slime-like creatures called “Chuchus” that like to hide and ambush travelers and my next destination.

Talking to him also completes part one of the “Restoring Hyrule” quest and awards me with curious perks and items related to an origin dubbed [Traveler]. The perks are all exploration and stamina related ones, so I don’t experience all that much of a boost to my abilities, but it still feels nice to experience the rush of new things etching themselves onto my soul.

During this time I study the spirit. I order my functionally invisible nanobots to aid me in my objective of researching the creature. My efforts here are bolstered both by my transynth intelligence and the powerful effects of the scholarly essence I absorbed right before waking up in Hyrule. I am already feeling the positive benefits of increasing my intelligence! By the time some minutes have passed I have gained a bit of an understanding of the nature of the creature’s abilities and how truly incorporeal he is.

He is an impressive ghost, one that haunts this entire area which is no small feat. He is a strange, being, and I can imagine a few ways that I could interact with him in meaningful ways using my greater abilities… I elect not to do so, for now anyway, so that I can experience what this world has to offer me organically. I don’t doubt that in time I’ll choose to transform the spirit in ways that drastically change what he can do.

I also acquire four new items, all of which are related to exploration and travel in some way or another, though I can’t use one of them, the “Paraglider” right away. Instead, I need to complete the next part of that specific quest, to be able to use it, not that that matters much since I can fly…

When I am done interacting with the man, he instructs me to take a baked apple for the road, and to grab his axe to protect myself. His axe is stuck in the stump of a nearby fallen tree. I do as he asks, just to play along, and before long I find myself on the road again. I silently upgrade the axe, just to make the thing a bit more durable and to practice my new ability.

I am on a slight downhill slope and there is a fractured road that I can follow that leads me down, or towards the ruined cathedral which looms large in the distance. For now I ignore the cathedral, and I begin to make my way down the path, only to stop when I am a fair distance from the old man and look in the direction of a large wooded area where a red bokoblin is chasing after a wild boar.

The creature is about my height, with a wider build and longer arms than I possess. It has a thick, stony club in one of its hands, and when the beast spots me, it stops in its tracks for a moment. It is wearing a loincloth and nothing else, and the light of intelligence in its eyes is quite dim. I can sense it studying me, and I decide that it’s been too long since I’ve had some essence now that I am away from a place where I have a patch of dominion constantly feeding me.

I normally would opt not to kill the creature, but I know that in this world there is a bimonthly occurrence known as the “Blood Moon”. On nights when that occurs, Ganon’s malice fills the air and revives fallen monsters, animals, and his servants by the hundreds or even thousands. That means that this world is perfect for me, and it means that so long as my targets are either animals or affiliated with Ganon, I can kill efficiently and freely.

The monster roars at me and begins to dash at me, waving its club and attempting to be intimidating. For a moment I consider getting out one of my new possessions, the “Laevateinn”, which is a powerful wand I possess thanks to my newly acquired monstrous nature. Supposedly the weapon is a strange, powerful wand that can deeply empower all magical arts, and apparently it tremendously boosts magic used to harm and destroy.

I quickly decide that such an approach would be overkill, and I elect to simply feed on the dumb beast quickly and efficiently. I turn to face the creature and when it is still too far to swing its club at me but not far enough away to dodge my strike and I lash out with my axe.

The weapon dances towards my foe and when it hits the beast it effortlessly separates the creature’s head from its body. The head flies into the air, as essence flows into me. The creature’s corpse falls over, blood oozing out of the open wound.

I absorb the unpleasant memories, skills, knowledge, and abilities of the minion of evil and shudder as I unconsciously incorporate the beast-like creature’s knowledge of the area of the Great Plateau where it lived. I don’t bother expending a tiny amount of the essence I have just acquired to make it so that I copy the contents of the creature’s mind, since it is a true enemy and not just a random victim of my actions.

I familiarize myself with the contents of the creature’s mind. I memorize every memory it has, which is no mean feat. Bokoblins are stupid, but several of them are quite old. In some cases they’ve died and been resurrected hundreds of times, and even here in the largely uninhabited plateau they are capable of dying at each other’s hands or at their own hands in the wake of stupid decisions.

The bokoblin I just slew is a selfish, lustful creature, with powerful urges to kill, torture, and even defile people or other even other creatures weaker than itself. Bokoblins are social, surprisingly industrious creatures but they are also possessed by malice and that malice amplifies their worst, most sinful qualities. Just by viewing the creature’s memories I know that this particular bokoblin is not the worst member of its kind, but it’s also not the kindest, and thus I can feel moderately safe in making some assumptions about others like it.

I also absorb a portion of the malice that was infecting the creature as I stand near its corpse. I don’t absorb all of it, as I am smart enough to be aware that if I absorb all of the malice in the creature it might not be able to be resurrected by Calamity Ganon during the next blood moon, but I absorb enough that I begin to automatically study the substance. The stuff cannot harm or negatively affect me, thanks to my plethora of resistances and an immunity to corruptive substances I possess.

There are many other bokoblins dwelling in the densely wooded area behind its body, but for now I don’t intend to go ahead and interact with them. I have plans to do just that, later, but for now I’m content confirming that even my raw physique, unaided by any powers, is enough to keep me safe.

“In theory my absorption of the thing’s memories should persist even when it’s resurrected…” I mutter, as I chuckle at the thought of the reborn bokoblin being baby-like and even more inept than bokoblins this weak usually are.

I watch as malice causes the creature’s body to disintegrate, vanishing in a puff of smoke and leaving behind some of its organs. I walk over to them and study the body parts for a moment, combining my newly gained knowledge of the creature’s biology with the knowledge I gained from studying the creature’s memories.

Possessing knowledge of things is important for a new reason now that I am a baby transynth. One of my systems, the [Existential Inducer], allows me to create things that I understand anytime I use it. I touch the organs the creature left behind and chuckle when I feel the things enter me and meld into the same space where my “Items”, including the Laevateinn, are being stored and are waiting for me to elect to use them.

I momentarily consider making use of the power right now to create a minion but I decide against it and quickly proceed along the decayed road I was just traveling down.

Walking down the road to the distant terminal is easy and proceeds uninterrupted by monsters for a few minutes. It is only when I reach a destroyed bridge that I face even the mildest inconvenience. I find myself standing on top of what was once an impressive bridge but is now two large stone pillars that seem to yearn to touch each other but cannot. I allow my nanites to study the stonework of the bridge, deploying a few out of me so that I can ensure that I well and truly understand what I am standing on.

I spend a second studying the situation and considering what to do. I am a bit away from the spirit, but spirits are decidedly non-physical beings and he could very well still be able to see me. That said, this universe intends for me to restore Hyrule, and that could be done quite easily if I use my powers aggressively…

Instead of floating over the distance that separates the two parts of the bridge, or taking a detour, I activate one of my new powers. I silently activate [Existential Inducer] and I sense the power stirring to life within the part of my soul that is made of orichalcum.

In front of me, in truly massive piles, appear countless tons of thick stones, the same type of stones that were once used to create the bridge. This is the power of the [Existential Inducer], the ability to truly create things, even life if I want, from nothing. As soon as they appear I sense my stores of power, the resource that is expended when I use my transystems both take a minor hit and begin to recover in the same breath. I know that in the span of time it’d take a mortal heart to beat a few times my inner stores of power will be fully restored.

I will the nanomachines that lurk within me outward and I order them to rush forward and use the stones to repair the bridge. They surge, so many that they are somewhat visible in the form of a thin, buzzing mist, and begin to weave the stones I have created into the ruined portions of the bridge. I watch, delighted, as the two, shattered halves of the bridge are reunited over the course of the next few seconds.

The nanomachines carefully and masterfully restore the bridge, welding together the old and new stones so perfectly that the bridge is restored to its former glory!

When the things are done rebuilding the bridge, I begin to walk back over it while ordering a few of my nanites to upgrade thing. I sense them working even as I make my way over the bridge, and by the time

I am halfway across it I can feel the increased solidity and majesty of the thing. It is not a huge boost, but the boost is mighty enough to increase every aspect of the bridge, even improving the artistry of its design to a small extent.

I wonder how much more durable it’d be if I possessed the darksteel chassis, but I also know that someday I will possess that powerful, durability boosting material. When I do, I should come back and upgrade the bridge again!

As I continue to cross the bridge I look out to see what is to its left and right. To its left is a canyon-like path in the depression that the bridge allows safe passage over that slowly branches upward in the general direction of the terminal, and to its right, deeper in the depression, is a strange encampment. I can see a group of bokoblins dwelling inside of a cave they’ve made from the hollow remnants of a truly massive skull.

The skull has eye sockets that I can look through and see lanterns being used as light sources, and a mouth that I can see bokoblins dashing in and out of freely as they do something akin to playing a game of tag. From a distance the creatures seem quite carefree, but even the bokoblin that I killed earlier seemed carefree when it was actually a murderous, vaguely orc-like creature that had killed, and done worse, to people it had encountered back when the Great Plateau was the home of actual, living hylians.

I decide to continue to gather essence by feeding on the bokoblins in the distance. I point my hand in the direction of the skull-cave and my limb transforms into the mouth of a golden cannon. It glows with ascendant energy, and a heartbeat after it begins to glow, I sense my power reserves take another minor hit as I unleash the power of the [Omnicannon], one of my [Weaponry Systems].

A beam of powerful, orange energy explodes out of the weapon that has taken the place of my extremity. The beam sails through the air towards the skull cave and forks itself over and over as it closes in on the foes.

Each of the beam’s forks curve and home in on enemies, annihilating them as soon as they get touched by even a silver of the deadly energy. In a matter of nanoseconds, long before any of the creatures could react, the skull cave is completely emptied of bokoblins, and the camp is utterly wiped out.

I sense a healthy quantity of essence flow into me, and as it does I allow it to reach me undiluted by a choice to copy memories, knowledge, and abilities. I greedily allow the essence to wash over me, and chuckle as I imagine using my newfound abilities to set up essence farms all over the plateau. I also practice using the [Reality Distortion Emitter] to create drone-like constructs that go and retrieve the organs of my foes, and their weapons, for me.

I also study the new memories that lurk within me. They confirm what I suspected, regarding bokoblins, and their traits as a species.

Some of the creatures in the camp are older than the calamity, and by studying them I learn more about how the creatures existed prior to the calamity. Bokoblins, as a race, are naturally aggressive but not a whole lot more than hylians are. They are also surprisingly intelligent but the keen sting of malice blunts their intellect, aside from in the cases of the rarest and strongest breeds of bokoblins, so they often appear to only be marginally more intelligent than animals despite living in camps they themselves made, using weapons they created to hunt hylians and other uncorrupted people.

Malice does not just allow them to be resurrected, it is the actual, primary reason why common sense dictates that bokoblins cannot coexist with hylians and other “Civilized” species! It drives them to commit atrocities against anyone who is not also thoroughly stepped in the stuff and heightens their worst aspects.

If I purify a bokoblin, completely stripping the thing of malice, I could very possibly turn the creature into a potential ally of hylians. And if I master Ganon’s corruption enough that I can reproduce it and control it myself, I could very possibly resurrect creatures I corrupt as readily as Ganon can, probably even more than he can, while stealing away his servants.

I resume my journey towards the terminal the old man told me to locate. It only takes me a few more minutes of walking, interrupted only by my choice to test out another [Weaponry System], my [Seeker Productorium] on more bokoblins, before I find myself in front of it. The bokoblins were armed with bows but I attacked them from about half of a mile away and they were destroyed long before they saw me. My seeker missiles effortlessly honed in on them and destroyed them with ease, which gave me more chances to deploy my [Utility Systems] created drone-constructs.

I am standing in front of the terminal, tucked away in underneath tons of untouched stone. Both the terminal and I are standing on some strange platform that has been mostly buried but feels fairly safe even if it looks decidedly less so. The terminal has the same design as the terminal that housed my slate back in the shrine of resurrection, rather than the less ornate pedestals that served as walls to keep intruders out of the shrine.

I take out my slate and place the device in the advanced terminal. When I do I see energy begin to emanate out of my slate and into the terminal, energy which to my transynth eyes looks the same runic symbols which dotted the cave walls back at the shrine of resurrection. A moment later I hear a loud beeping sound before an automated, robotic voice emanates from the terminal.

“Sheikah Slate authenticated. Activating sheikah towers and shrines. Please watch for falling rocks.” The voice tells me. All of a sudden the ground underneath me begins to violently tremble for a few moments before I hear machinery beneath the surface of the plateau begin to rumble to life.

A split second later the rocks that have surrounded the platform I am on are violently expelled from around the platform as it shoots upward, with me on top of it. If I were a lesser being I’d have been forced to my knees by the force of the upward movement, but as an ascendant I can easily ignore physics when I feel like it. As the platform climbs upward I am able to see other similar things, other towers, and also other much smaller, square structures rising from the ground.

The tower slows and then stops, even as the terminal’s automated voice tells me that it is amalgamating information on the local geography. A split second later a machine atop the terminal not unlike the one in the fountain I was resting in minutes ago, glows and then releases a strange “drop” of concentrated data onto my slate.

“Local map; updated. Teleportation point data locked in.” The terminal tells me, before releasing my slate. I grab the thing, and look around.

There is a hole in the floor behind me that, with a glance, I determine must serve as the intended entrance to this part of the tower. For flying creatures, it’s also possible to just fly up the tower and land on this level by using the thing’s open floor plan. I am in the middle of a circular viewing platform at the top of the tower, and there are no walls or other such structures to bar someone capable of flight from landing on or departing from this level.

I walk over to the edge of the hole and look down, only to see an outcropping a dozen or so feet below me. The wall of the tower is also filled with holes, clearly meant to serve as places to place one’s hands and feet while climbing. I chuckle and begin to climb down the tower.

Reaching the bottom of the tower only takes me a few minutes. Right as I reach the feet of the tower, I hear the voice of the old man from earlier.

“Ho!” He yells, laughing as I turn and see him gliding towards me. He is holding a well-built and sturdy paraglider, exactly the same as the unusable one that is now tucked away in a sort of invisible, perhaps even hyper-dimensional inventory I now possess where I am keeping things like the bokoblin organs and weapons I took from them. The old man lands not far from me, and smiles at me.

“I see that you are safe, young man. That is good. I apologize for my advice, it seems that I put you in quite the pickle.” He tells me, apologetically. I chuckle, good-naturedly, and wave it off. He smiles more brightly at me when he hears my reaction to his apology.

“So generously good-natured! Well, in that case… I would like to make up for my mistake. When you were up in the tower, did you happen to see other things rising out of the ground?” He asks me. I nod at him, having actually seen what I am saying I saw.

He is referring, undoubtedly, to either the other towers or to the shrines. On my way down I saw three of the shrines, the squat, square buildings on the plateau, and many others elsewhere.

“I heard of them, growing up. They are called ‘Shrines’ and ‘Towers’, and they are sheikah technology. Long ago the sheikah were a tribe of artisans, sages, and builders who built wondrous technology. Guardians, now the servants of Calamity Ganon, were originally built by the sheikah to safeguard Hyrule. I’ve heard that there are treasures inside the shrines.” The old man tells me.

“I can tell that you probably didn’t see a way off the plateau from your vantage point high in the air. We are elevated quite highly above the ground that surrounds us, and climbing down would be difficult for even the greatest explorers due to the sheer scale of the climb. I do have this paraglider, but it is one of my only possessions in the world. If you could get me the treasures that supposedly lurk in the shrines, there are four of them on the plateau, I’d be willing to trade them for my paraglider and you could safely glide off the plateau!” The spirit offers, a mischievous twinkle in his eyes as he speaks.

“I’d go myself, but the legends that I was told growing up stated that to enter a shrine you need a slate. I don’t have one, hence why I couldn’t even activate the terminal.” He says, apologetically.

“Alright. I’ll get you your treasures.” I say, laughing as I accept the deal. I read the man’s mind, hoping to figure out where the fourth shrine is, and my eyes subtly widen I realize his true identity. The man is the former king of Hyrule! And I also learn where the last shrine is, it’s tucked away in the depths of the frozen peaks of the tallest mountains on the plateau, in a direction I hadn’t even begun to consider exploring yet.

The man nods at me, eagerly, and wishes me luck before pointing me in the direction of the first shrine. It is behind him, a mile or so away, past both a sizeable pond and a bokoblin encampment. I nod back at him and begin to make my way towards the shrine.

For the next five or so minutes I walk in the direction of the shrine, which is a glittering, glimmering building that radiates the same sort of runic energy that other sheikah technology does. Before long I find myself almost directly in front of the bokoblin encampment.

It is a shoddily built thing, surrounded by hand-carved wooden stakes and walls on three sides, and the sheer cliffs of the plateau on the remaining side. I have paused my walking and am hidden behind one of the walls as I think about what to do here.

I have lots of options when it comes to dealing with my enemies but if I want to defeat Xerxes someday I’d be wise to familiarize myself with all of my abilities. I have some secret tools that are quite powerful, such as [Myriad Colours of the Flesh], a powerful [Demonic] ability I possess, and could be handy when I feel like dealing with enemies in a meaningful yet nonviolent way.

I can also make myself deadly to the touch at will, thanks to my nature as a monster that possesses [Angrboda], one of the perks that I gained from the Norse Mythos essence. Both [Monster] and [Demonic] came with valuable, powerful perks that I intend to use to accrue power in a range of contexts.

I peer at the camp, to study its inhabitants as I make up my mind on how to approach the place. I recognize that there are more efficient ways to do things here, such as using [Shadowblank] or even commanding the monsters with another sanguinarch ability I possess [Monstrous Command], but prioritizing efficiency isn’t always the most optimal path to achieving my goals.

I notice something curious as I study the monsters here. This time the bokoblins aren’t all male! Two of the six orc-like bestial humanoids are female, their naked, red breasts exposed to the chilly air of the plateau. Their peers’ sneak glances at them, and one of them, a bokoblin that is climbing up a hand built ladder to stand atop a platform meant to serve as a watchtower, drools as he gazes at the two females.

The females have rounded faces, and visible curves, but they are as unhygienic and as inelegant as the males are. They do emit pheromones that my ascendant senses can readily detect and allow me to ignore, but I can sense that if I were a normal hylian the pheromones would distract me and make me fight less effectively than I would otherwise. Curiously, I can easily the imagine the fun I’d have if I felt like using the bokoblins to generate essence non-violently… It's probably just the effects of the [Demonic] origin, but I mean logically the desires make some level of sense. The bokoblins are surprisingly curvy, and while they are a bit more monstrous than I'd like it could be fun to use their bodies as I please.

After a moment’s consideration I elect to try something fun. For the last few minutes, ever since I gained a [Demonic] nature, I have been effortlessly suppressing my true beauty and form. As a [Demonic] being I can shed the form I take to walk among mortals and instead allow my true beauty, a sanity-crushing and bliss-inducing beauty, to shine through. If I do, beings that behold me and can feel pleasure are forced to try and find me not resplendently, soul-warpingly beautiful.

If they can’t stop themselves from finding me beautiful their wills are ensnared, enslaved really, and they begin to find bliss and pleasure in serving me. Creatures smarter than these bokoblins might have a small chance of resisting this power, since this is the first time I’ve ever used it, but bokoblins, both naturally not particularly bright and infected with wisdom-sapping malice, probably can’t resist it.

I shed my mortal form, doing so as easily as I might lift my hand to my face, and as I do I see my skin begin to glow and shimmer. I sense my body perfecting itself. I can sense the subtle alterations my form is undergoing, and I smile as I step out from behind the wall I have been using to stay hidden. I also activate [Shadowblank] and make it so that only people who are physically present can see me. It's one thing if I elect to shatter the king's sanity later, but I won't do it by accident.

I take out my slate and activate the “Remote bomb” rune. A glowing blue orb appears in front of me, and I lift the thing up using my sanguinarch telekinesis. The bomb floats in the air in front of me, and I mentally flick it at my enemies, before causing the thing to denote by mentally clicking my slate. The explosion is large and violent and scatters some of the weapons that the creatures have been hoarding to the corners of the camp, while also getting their attention.

They turn in the direction of the sound and freeze when they see me. I caught them off guard, and as soon as they see me I watch their mouths open in shock. Their minds were frazzled by the sudden noise and force of the explosion of my bomb, and so when they actually saw me they stood no chance of having the willpower needed to resist my power.

Even corrupted as they are, the malice within them does not render them immune to sins like lust. In fact the malicious malice actually renders them more susceptible to lust, at least so long as the sinful urges are directed at uncorrupted beings, which is something I know since I have the memories of several of their fellow bokoblins in the depths of my mind. The little creatures never stood a chance.

They watch me, lust and awe filling their eyes and their heads. None of them dash towards their weapons, but some of them move towards other things in the camp. One of the women walks towards a campfire over which rests a pig they are cooking, and she grabs the spit on which the pig is speared. The gesture is not elegant but it is a sign of how imposingly powerful the bokoblins are on a physical level. She walks towards me, carrying the spit almost like a spear, unbothered by the weight of the pig.

When she reaches me she kneels and offers me the partially roasted pig. Her eyes glow with malice, but she is not aiming to hurt me, her mind is filled with awe and a mixture of obsessive lust and love. I take a step towards her and smile, and she makes a quiet, lustful sound.

2