Chapter 7: Shining Eye
90 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

CHAPTER 7:  Shining Eye

       “Elder Shi?!” Ah Jun exclaimed.

       “So, to what do I owe the pleasure of your visit, Elder Shining Eye, Houyan Shi?” Vasha spoke to the elder floating in the room.

       “Hmph,” The elder lightly scoffed.

       “Mind your tongue brat, you are not worth my ire. Now, tell me just what exactly is going on here. Why is the outpost wreck, and why were our prisoners escaping?” The elder commanded. His beards began to lightly float and his eyes began to pulse with light.

       “Depending on your answer, I will decide which layer of the Hollow Maw your cells will be in.” The light in his eye continued to increase with intensity, and the room air began to churn violently.

       Yawn. Vasha lightly yawned.

       “You!!” All of a sudden, at the command of Elder Shining Eye, a terrifying presence descended on the room. The bulk of the pressure was concentrated on the two youngsters in the room.

       Unable to bear it, Ah Jun fell to his knees and began to cough out blood.

       ‘This is spirit pressure? One of the signs of having crossed the Demon Gate? I never knew it could be this terrifying to be the direct recipient of it. I can barely move my body.’ Ah Jun held his chest in pain as he struggled to breathe. He tried turning his head to see how Vasha fared against the onslaught of the spirit pressure.

       ‘What!? He is unperturbed?’ Besides him, Ah Jun could see Vasha standing still while yawning, as if the spirit pressure did not affect him at all. He stood there and looked at Elder Houyan Shi with a bore expression written all over his face,

       ‘What? How? Impossible. Monster.’ Ah Jun quickly thought to himself. His fear of Vasha only seemed to further increase, after witnessing this feat.

       “Insolent brat!” Elder Shi roared in anger when he saw Vasha acting nonchalantly under his pressure.

       ‘How the hell is this brat resisting my spirit pressure? Spirit Pressure is not like Qi which can be deflected with physical strength. It is formless and cannot be resisted except by having an exceptionally strong spirit or a spirit pressure of your own.’ Elder Shi began to sweat a little when he realized his act of intimidation did not affect Vasha.

       ‘Brat, I originally only wished to punish you and deliver your crippled body to the young lady’s pavilion but now, I’m going to rip through your mind until I unearth all your secrets. By the time I’m done with you, you won’t even be able to beg for mercy.’ The old man suddenly increased the pressure. Ah Jun fell face flat into the floor and Vasha groaned a little.

       ‘Now, activate, Shining Eye.’ Houyan Shi’s eyes began to glow with intense white light. He directed his gaze at Vasha immediately.

       ‘The Shining Eye is a derivation of Purple Star Eye, and it is a bloodline ability of a branch family of the Houyan Clan. The Purple Star is a bloodline Ocular power is only passed down through the members of the Houyan clan’s main branch. Although Houyan Shi’s Shining Eye is nowhere as powerful as the Purple Star, it is still an extremely dangerous ability. It grants him the ability to shoot out powerful beams from his eye and to peer through someone’s mind. Bastard intends on turning me into a vegetable.’

       “Arrgh!!!” Vasha yelled and quickly circulated his Qi to protect his body while he chanted a mantra to protect his mind from Elder Shi’s infiltration.

       ‘Brat! Is he resisting the Shining Eye? How? It’s all futile though, this is the lowest intensity. I just need to increase it a bit to break you.’ The Elder was initially shocked by Vasha’s ability to resist his abilities but he quickly regained his confidence and prepared to increase the power of his Shining Eye spell.

       ‘Shit, I don’t think I can resist any further, does this old coot intend to force my hand?’ Vasha gritted his teeth while trying to combat the increasing pain in his head.

       ‘Fuck you!!!’ Vasha yelled in his heart, his Qi began to flare up and esoteric runes began to appear in his pupils.

       STOP!” A powerful voice immediately commanded and the spirit pressure emitted by Elder Shi immediately dispersed.

       “Huh?!”

       “Huh?!”

       Both Elder Shi and Vasha immediately froze in place. The Shining Eye spell on Vasha was also deactivated.

       Vasha breathed a sigh of relief and fell on one knee to the ground. He looked up to know the owner of the new voice.

       “You!” Elder Shi said, his face as pale as paper.

       Silently floating behind Elder Shi, was a valiant-looking young man dressed in a purple robe with white dragon scales dotted all over it. He had long black hair, a well-sculpted face, sword-like brows, and intense eyes that seemed to glow with intense sword light. At his side were two identical swords with dragons wrapped around their hilts. On the back of his robe was a sign that said ‘MARTIAL!’

1