Chapter 9: Vengeful
65 0 1
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Chapter 9: Vengeful

       Elder Shi awkwardly levitated in front of the room.

“Ah Jun, stand up, I want you to inform the rest that the mission is over. Tell them to gather their stuff and prepare to set out tomorrow. Also, make sure there is a head count to see how many are left. The Administration and Mission Hall are going to want to look at such data.” Vasha ignored him and instructed Ah Jun.

Ah Jun “Ugh ugh”.

“I see, you are still in pain. I guess I will get Qinyue to do that instead.” Vasha said.

He realized that Ah Jun could probably still not move due to the aftereffects of Elder Shi’s spirit pressure.

“Get some rest Ah Jun”

“Hmm? Don’t you have somewhere to be Elder Shi?” When he was almost out of the room, he stopped and inquired of the floating elder.

“No, I do not…” Elder Shi suddenly stopped before he could continue any further.

“Shit! Goddamn brat!” After a few seconds, he suddenly started cursing.

“You!” He pointed at Vasha.

“Take care of things here.”

“That brat requires my presence for a more pressing matter. Make sure everything is in order unless the Admin Hall is going to have your head.” He scowl and used the wind beneath his feet to fly out of the pavilion.

‘Whew, good thing he’s gone. I was thinking I would have to wait under we get to the sect to settle that.’ Vasha breathed a sigh of relief.

‘But, Demon gate cultivators are scary, aren’t they? If he wanted to harm me, I would have been in real trouble.’ Vasha lamented his weakness when facing Elder Shi.

‘That Longtian Xucheng dude was also scary. He’s stronger than Elder Shi. If he was the one suppressing me, I doubt I would be able to resist.’

‘I need to get stronger quickly and break through into the next minor beast realm to become an Emperor Beast. Then I can gain the qualifications to enter the Core Sect to attain that thing.’ Vasha bit his lip as he walked out of the room.

‘Well, I will take it one step at a time. It’s never a good idea to rush and I doubt Elder Shi and his ilk would make a move on me while I’m still within the sect. So first things first, I need to tell Qinyue to take care of the headcount and then find a safe place to look through my loot.’ Vasha walked along the ruined corridor absentmindedly.

He soon arrived at the stairs leading downstairs when he remembered something.

He ran back to the room and found a naked Xiao Xiao covered in debris.

“There you are. I can’t just leave you here. I had better get Qinyue to also bathe you.” He carried her naked body and ran back to the stairs.

As for Xiao Xiao's childhood sweetheart who he just murdered, he did not care. When Vasha Netherborn killed someone, he tends to forget their faces. Jiao Xuan was just another face out of the hundreds he had killed.

       Unbeknownst to Vasha and the rest in the pavilion, a figure draped in black was standing in front of Jiao Xuan’s headless corpse.

       The figure gave off an eerie aura that seemed to come from the very depths of the netherworld. Despite giving off this aura, people were incapable of sensing him. It was as if he was one with the shadows and an imperceptible force kept it from spilling over unless the likes of Longtian Xucheng would have discovered its presence.

       “Good.” The mysterious figure suddenly spoke.

       But its voice was anything but pleasant. It sounded like the screeching of a thousand chalkboards.

       “It’s good that fellow has left. Below a hundred years old and already just a step away from the Demon King gate? Terrifying. I dare say that in the whole Azure Dragon continent, you can only find less than a hundred individuals like him. Maybe old master was right about this being the Age of Heroes.” The person I black talked about Longtian Xucheng with admiration.

       “He would have made such a good specimen for my experiments. Even though he is no match for me, I don’t want to offend the Hollow Dragon Sect, they have more than one True Soul expert. Such a pity!” The figure again lamented.

“But you will do, headless man. There are always good things to be found on a battlefield. To think I would find a man with a Grade 1 sword bone? I’m quite lucky, this old necromancer is quite lucky. Hahaha!!” The old necromancer pointed at Jiao Xuan's corpse and laughed hysterically.

       If anyone were around, they would be able to see that underneath the person’s cloak was a skeleton with ghostly light.

“Hmm!”

“Interesting, I didn’t notice before, but you formed a pseudo-vengeful spirit eh? Amusing, a brat merely at the beast king level could form a Vengeful spirit.” The black-cloaked person pointed his bony fingers at Jiao Xuan's corpse.

A red light flew out of his corpse and landed on the skeleton’s hand.

“So many negative emotions. Even if I construct your body and put you back, you would just be a mindless monster.”

The red light transformed into a bloody red flame on its hand with Jiao Xuan’s face screaming in agony.

“You want revenge? Maybe I can allow you to take it yourself. Besides you might just turn out to be a fun experiment.”

The skeleton conjured a box out of thin air and placed the red flame in it. He pointed at Jiao Xuan’s corpse. Jiao Xuan’s body was slowly sucked into his cloak

“Now that that’s done. I better be on my way.” The skeleton slowly began to melt into the shadows.

Before long, the area around the pavilion had grown quiet without a soul in sight.     

1