The Forsaken: Chapter 01 Iron and Blood
10 0 0
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

As the red moon covers this immense isolated land, a foretold destiny has finally aroused from its murky slumber for thousands of miles from its homeland, this murderous legions of darkness they traveled for months to finally gain revenge among their enemy, and consume their need for blood and chaos. armed to the teeth like locusts they travel north passing the dark wasteland of Sorgan, desolating the land of Nurthumbria as thousands of innocent lives were taken the left broken. This massive force has one thing in mind and that is to reach the gates of Mercia and destroy all of its inhabitants. encircled by the crimson desert of Huran in the east and the forbidden forest of Strangard in the south and sheltered by the gigantic Balkan Mountains of the north, the land of Sevaron is about to gamble once again in the hands of faith, this grand terrain was once a bountiful and privileged region as a symbol of the grandeur of the land as the tower of Sevaron was fashioned by the old ones as a place of worship to honor the gods. After thousands of years of seclusion, the tower's new Helm was entrusted to a young Azuth, as he will pass the torch to the next keeper.

 to ensure the castle tower's well-being and protect the secrets of the tower from the wrong hands. with a tribe of loyal spirit gnomes, the towers helm watch over this dominion for years not fully understanding the old ones' foretold future, just like the wind they vanish and left the tower to its new lord marshal.As the Mercian empire was engaging in war with the demon lord a powerful entity born out of anger and hate toward mankind forge out of the dark god's energy it manifested into a malevolence form, out of the dead bodies of dead warriors it forms itself into a dominant creature as it corrupts all living things and became its dark minions. Like grains of sand, the creature was given authority to create a new life out of its own body in a matter of months the land of Dragan was overrun by thousands of different corrupted creatures and continues to grow at an alarming rate Thus desolating the land into its destruction.

This yearning carnage and death drove the dark dwellings to seek life and claim it for their own. This was the start of the ancient war under the command of the first appointed sovereign lord of the old ones, sovereign lord Anael with his mighty slayer warriors including his courageous sons and daughters, from the oldest of his tree son age, nineteen named Morwen, to his second son age sixteen named Argiel, to the youngest age eleven named Darrion.

 Lord Anael himself molded his sons to bear arms at a young age and educates them in the art of war. As for his two daughters, the oldest was trained by Miloria, at age fourteen Shaia became a great archer by right and the youngest age ten named Aire studied under a Silvanus druid in the mystical art of elemental winding. the tower became a colony under the control of the empire but it remained under its lord and Helm and no one was given the right to enter the tower without his authority, thousands of warriors pledged loyalty to lord Anael to destroy the dark lord Rahab,

The outer vicinity of the tower became a sanctuary for immigrants from those cities that the sovereign lord had saved from the rampage of Rahab's onslaught. Slowly homes sprung and started surrounding the tower like branches as if their houses became extensions of the very tower that stood witness to the Great War.

After almost twenty years of combat with the dark lord, the sovereign title was anointed to lord Morwen after the death of the late sovereign lord in the hands of the dark lord himself in the battle of Fangard For another six more years the battle raged on with the help of his brothers and sister, they force the demon lord army to return to the cursed land of Dragan known for its harsh environment and active volcanic eruption this was a suitable prison for the horde of darkness to remain, as for the demon lord itself with all of their forces and combined alliances with the Amarum empire, tribes of elemental beings, Siamorphe clan lords of Aramil. With all of their combined supremacy, they were able to find the demon lord's weakness, born out of chaos spawn of dark god Erubus an embodiment of death known to be unkillable they were able to fashion a vessel, to divide the seemingly unstoppable enabling the power of the dark creature dormant. From the very heart and soul of all-powerful sorcerers and weapons masters, they crafted seven seals to imprison each of the dark lords' bodies and bound them in the realm of the abyss. Without a lord to command them the horde was powerless, but some of the demon lords' followers remain elusive for they still serve their master, others dwell among the population waiting and plotting for their revenge silently.

With all of their might and struggles the demon lord was finally subdued, for thousands of lives have perished in fulfilling this last due. Thus, ending the War., like darkness to light the wheels of fate will never allow the balance of power to be tilted, as the golden age of peace slowly reunites the land and its inhabitants to rise once more, five decades have passed and the great war is now just a legend and stories inside a book.

The sovereign lord and noble clans began establishing a new era after the great war, ruined cities, where rebuilt lost, and surviving loved ones, were once again reunited. The old ones' majestic tower became one of the sovereign empire's territories an outpost and new home for thousands of different migrants that seek haven in the most dominant empire in the entire world and finally start rebuilding their shattered life after the great war But the sovereign lord knew the importance of the tower so in honor of the old ones the tower remained once again as a holy place, a symbol of glory and peace on those who will and shall become an inhabitant of the empire. But the tower's grandeur is now just a hazy dream of years of peace to have a new dark enemy, for years they finally rouse from their dark slumber after their lord and master were imprisoned. News has reached the city tower of Sevaron under the watchful hands of lord Magnus. For so many years his fear came true as the horde once again was moving and had created a dark smoldering smoke of fire on its path.

Trained the molded thru the years to protect their motherland from the very spawn of the demon lord, a remnant of the dark war that almost killed every single life on the land. beyond the borders of the empire, the stench of dread consumed the air as hundreds of warriors prepares for war, for thousands of the Oracai were marching forward to the very gates of Sevaron., Like a moth to a flame, they swarm the land like a wildfire destroying everything in their path. From the gates of hell, they ravage and kill without fear or hesitation. As foretold by the old ones eons ago lord Magnus commands his people to evacuate the castle and hide in the Balkan Mountains two days before he saw the flumes of chaos marching toward his native soil, he and his army will be the very first ones to engage this dark force and try to stop them from even setting foot in the Sovereign Empire

Watching hundreds of feet above his chamber window lord Magnus prepares himself to face his fate, for years he was waiting for this day to come and finally end his guilt and have peace in his heart and soul. He continues to uphold his due until he has found a new guardian to claim his title to guard the tower's secret. He was an old man around his seventies but his true age remained elusive and his appearance seems to be confined to a bookkeeper for he was not that keen on wearing lavish items of clothing even after becoming lord even before the great Empire of Mercia was formed. 

This discussion on how old he lingered among the townspeople for almost a decade. Known for his participation in the great battle as one of the sovereign lord council general, he stood approximately five and seven feet tall with grey hair and beard, his eyes were green and his physical stature remains in good condition, and wears an old leather chest breastplate with a symbol of a phoenix and as for his dark scarlet robe it extends towards the very ground he walked on. And on his left arm, he wears a gauntlet near the wrist it has a craving of a dragon, and with his long sword staff placed at the side of his old reading table a gift from the old one when he became a guardian. His room was filled with dust as he never did like to clean nor change anything that was not needed to be changed.

Near his chamber window where he always places his chair to read but today was different he was just standing near his chair and slowly closed the book he was holding and gently place it back in his large bookcase known for his reading practice he collects rare books that were considered lost, as he taps the book back in its place He nodded briefly and utter a word of exhaustion he knew all of his precious books will soon be dust at the very moment he just turned around grab his staff and wave his hands and the chamber windows curtain gradually closed as he walked toward his chamber door and opens it, and proceeded outside to the towers long spiral corridor going down as each step leading him down to a passageway toward a prohibited place where he alone can go.

At a slow pace a young child named Moira daughter of lord Isengard unexpectedly reach out and grab his robe and whispered 'come back' Lord Magnus just smiled back at her and stroked the young one's blonde hair and said nothing .as one of his young apprentice the young Moira she held her tears back as she was escorted by Geri a spirit gnome to the concealed passageway going underneath the castle outer walls and safely journey toward the foot of the Balkan region where the rest of the town people were hiding. Hundreds of feet beneath his castle, among the catacombs, where thousands of lives were laid to rest lord Magnus walked slowly as he goes deeper into the castle. This leads him to a dark passageway that directs him through a crumbling decaying chamber that was surrounded by demon-like figures.

With a flick of his fingers, old torches lit up within the chamber there stood a large door sealed for many years, as seen from cobwebs and dust that has already covered its very passageway, a handful of thick large chains were placed on each side of the gate, these chains were being held by two massive demons like warrior statues made of black steel. And on its center is a statue of Ifnur a demon guard dog. The dark chambers' interior designs are remnants of the old ones as it depicts the old one's tale.

. large wooded pillars where hinge in front of the sealed door cravings in the walls of the chambers indicates a spell was used to close and bound the place from any known force from being detected, remains of dead warriors were seen on its footsteps with different insignia of their armor, along with what seems to be a skeleton of an Avatar and a mountain Amarum sitting on each side of the door there very remains are revealed as if they were left there to guard til the very end of their life sealed and left there to die. 

There lord Magnus waits silently as his generals prepare for battle above the castle ground. This was his sole duty to protect the tower in what was underneath it. Like thunder, their massive footsteps echo through the very walls that protected their castle for centuries. That became their stronghold and home. Where happy memories were created by each person who inhabit its protecting gates and one of these individuals was Isengard commander of lord Magnus's forces, the oldest son of silymarin a war guard of the late Sovereign lord in the war between demon lords Rahab.

a masculine man that stood six feet tall and has a scar on his right upper eye going down to his cheeks that he receives from the hands of Gaitano. one of the demon lords' war generals wearing his massive armor with his clan seal on his chest plate he walks outside Sevarons main gate as it slowly close behind him while walking he pulls his legendary sword out of its heavy sheath as he walks toward his army. With one thing in his mind and that is to be victorious. And fulfill his due as a son Sevaron Slowly the demon Orcs march forward as their lust for blood grew even stronger as if they were being provoked by a much more powerful force.

 After a few minutes, the two forces face each other, without a sound each side stood still, like hungry wolves they waited for that sign where their hunger will be shortly come to full view and feed that need with blood. the sun was still high but the very sky was already in gulp in darkness as if it was already dusk, as ash covers the very air they breathe became even harder to endure their very sweat became black these made their vision blurry and hardy made them see what's in front of them the only that they do know is beyond that thick mist of ash was the enemy, sounds of grinding teeth and growling noise gave them the perspective where to point their weapons of war.

 Isengard took out a piece of cloth under his left arm armor and gently wipe his eyes and said "I never did like ash on my face" He orders his lieutenant named Razel youngest son of Grisson a noble clan lord to give the orcs some idea on who is where they facing, at that very moment Razel he shouted fire.

The very sky became bright as if it was already daybreak, for thousands of flaming arrows came down to liberate this darkness from the ash that the orcs have created. In an instant from the first to the fifth rows of the oracai forces were immediately burned to death but still like a mindless creatures they didn't even evade their arrows from striking them.

 After that Isengard step forward with a grin on his face a sign of excitement as he gradually raised his sword and shouted attack, a loud shattering sound trembles across the field as the two opposing forces wave their weapons at each other. one by one they fall to the ground for each of his warriors had to face ten demon orcs all at the same time like mindless beasts they attack without skill or technique. these gave the warriors an upper hand for they were molded to fight as a single unit. Like cattle, orcs fell dead and broke their blood overrunning the very soil that they hunger to destroy. Lord Isengard saw hope that they will be victorious. but he was wrong, for as we were cutting the orcs down like weeds hundreds more came and sweep the battlefield even with all of their skill they were outnumbered and overpowered by a vast army.

 With every swing of lord Isengard's sword he slashes his enemy in half, As known as his skill he purges himself in the very heart of the horde there he saw the size of their true enemy. There he felt that cold chill in his very breath, as he faces a number that he could never have seen in his entire lifetime. The enemy was like gains of sands. And among this enormous army a shadowy image came into sight a monstrous being its battle aura was like murky smoke and anybody who even gets near it just burst into flame and turn to dust even its soldiers.

It was named Kra-nesh a demon scavenger standing ten feet tall with enough armor that could outstand a direct attack from a red dragon. Like a killing machine the beast swing its battle sword at anybody, it stood in front of its rage. Lord Isengard's charge toward this creature of death with the entire valor he thrust, slashes, bash any orc that stood in his prey. His very armor was covered in blood and his hand was numb from all the orcs he had to strike and cut down His wrath explodes as he wages his life to exterminate the leader of the horde.

 Little by little he could see his fellow warrior fall in the hands of death, but this made him, even more, enraged with hate. He could see his target nearby, a few more feet and deadly strikes to the enemy he could finally smell and taste Kra-nesh blood on his very hands. With a few Orcs blocking his way, unexpectedly he was pushed aside by Razel as he was forced into lord Isengard in every direction. the young Razel was a skillful warrior but a bit hot-tempered, his mastery in using twin blades was renowned among his fellow combatant son of a former clan council under Lord Magnus he was trained by his uncle lord Ilorien the war general and one of governing protector of the empire Strega. 

Like Razel gained recognition by dexterity and courage in the field of battle. Selected by war guard Lord Alcocer and he was put under the sovereign empire elite hunters in protecting the castle of Muriel for one of the seven tower outposts that the late Sovereign lord Morwen Rebuild after the great war as a beacon to ensure Mercia from any incursion and fill the break where some of the demon lord's followers still plot to free and destroy the land and to obtain the title of being supreme.

as the battle continues Razel and lord Isengard back against each other surrounded by thousands of orc hordes with one glance he seized Razel's arm and threw him upward toward Kra-nesh this gave Razel the perfect position to purge his twin blades into Kra-nesh's weak area his neck. But before he could even do that the beast deflected his attack by extending his reinforced gauntlet arm toward his twin swords covering his neck and was able to grab hold of Razel's shoulder armor and clout him with so much force he flew outside the very battle area. Like a rag doll he was thrown with so much ease as he fell to the ground Kra-nesh shouted a thundering order saying ''he is mine''.

The horde suddenly stops attacking and surrounded lord Isengard their creature with all of its savageries stepping foot in front of him. And once again uttered ''his head is mine'' he held his grip on his sword and drove it to the earth and stared at Kra nesh and said 'you're a waste of my time and with a blink of an eye he pulled his sword out and dash toward the ten feet beast instantly hitting the enemy with a fierce blow that even with Kra-nesh size and weight lord Isengard was able to bring him down to his knees the force created a vacuum of dust that blurred the landscape Razel was stunned to see his commanding general move so fast Even with that much armor he was able to swing his sword in a killing hit. 

The impact created a potent burst of energy that came from the very might that he used to bring kra-nesh down to its knees. Lord Isengard remain standing as blood pour down from his sword with a grin on his face, when suddenly Razel shouted 'watch out my lord'' Isengard turned around and saw the smoke was clear and Kra-nesh was still alive with all that power he could only cut the beast armored arm as it was able to react quickly enough to dodge lord Isengards assault, Razel was too far to wage a secondary attack and he and the remaining warriors were cut off from lord Isengard was., he beast stood upright and growl and said ''this one is mine but kill the rest'' at that word Razel and the other warriors had no choice but to fight their way out and hope. Lord Isengard wages a grudge match with the seemingly skilled beast.

 The two trample everything that surrounds them with each swing of their weapons creating a thundering sound that travels even the outskirts of the land, Lord Isengard called out to Razel to fall back and return to the safety of the walls of the tower. They were powerless and badly wounded from all the wounds they receive from fighting hordes of Oracai, Razel and the others refused to obey his command until he saw in lord Isengard's eyes his true reasons, against his will he ordered his fellow combatants to retreat and seek sanctuary within the walls of Sevaron. Razel waves at the gatekeeper and gradually the gate opened, one by one his remaining warriors went in as they continue to brawl with the oracai horde. when the last warrior got in Razel ordered his men to fire their arrows and pour the boiling oil into the enemy to stop the horde from entering the gate.

Lord Isengard gasp for air as he shields himself from kra-nesh persistent blows when the beast saw that enemy was knockdown to his knees the beast held its battle axe up above its head with two hands as it prepares for the final strike. Meanwhile, while it was happening Razel ordered his remaining forces to use the ballista to save lord Isengard but it was hopeless even if the gate was closed the oracai was able to overcome the defense of the walls and swarm in like a flood. Razel was slashing his way thru the oracais like it was water their deaths were meaningless.

 Their number was unimaginable in scale, his fellow warriors were swallowed by the hordes' hunger for their blood. fear has finally consumed every single being inside the walls of the tower their weapons were useless to the viciousness of the enemy one by one they fall to their deaths as thousands more trample them to death, Razel saw this and felt fear for the first time. Now he wasn't fighting to fulfill his duty but to save his own life he saw his lord fall on his knees and the beast is about to bring the final fatal blow. he remembers the black sand that lord Magnus conceal among one of the wall towers, the same tower that was right in front of him.

 Razel dashes toward the east tower door there he pulls out an arrow from a burning carcass and kicks open the door of the tower not even thinking twice he just threw the flaming arrow inside where there are a dozen large barrels of black sand hidden in a few seconds the tower exploded with a powerful shock wave that propelled him twenty feet up into the air and landed on the roof of an abandoned stable on the far west side of the wall and fell into a stack of hay leaving him unconscious. The impact of his landing even break the very pillars that held the roof up its fell onto him like rain and buried him under piles of wood and roof tiles.

At the same moment, that shock wave rumbles the terrain and shook the battleground giving lord Isengard to summon his special mystic power. when the beast tilted to the left, lord Isengard utter out an unknown word a battle aura blinded the beast living him defenseless he lifted his sword and slash out toward Kra-nesh it was so fast the very wind was focused on lord Isengard's center of movements like a storm the soil was pulled outward as if a massively heavy object was being pushed down and that very force made Kra-nesh motionless with panic for its felt lord Isengard's sword cutting through his armor and the very aura was burning his flesh.

 With all of Kra-nesh strength, it seized that very position to swing his arm downward to wedge lord Isengard's frontal attack from fatally killing him where he stands for the struggle the two titans formed energy that instantly exterminate those who surround them as the castle was being infested by thousands or oracai's a mass, an unknown being walked toward the castle gate hordes or oracai's gave this being a clear pathway for it to reach the entrance of the city. he saw this shadowy figure all of a sudden Kra-nesh finally was able to deflect his attack the strength of this move shatter his sword as it disintegrated with so much force the sword metal fragments impale the orcs behind them as hundreds of sharp metal parts rapidly strike countless of orcs and kills their insight.

 kra-nesh saw an opportunity he suddenly reaches grab lord isengards right arm even with the friction of their force deflecting it shatters kra-nesh gauntlet and eventually broke his arm from the inside, but even with that pain Kra-neck was still able to attain lord Isengard's arm and tore it apart and bash him toward the ground with so much force it instantly crushes him and brings lord Isengard down. the impact of this counterattack left a mark on the floor where lord Isengard was laying, after the dust have settled down the beast saunter toward lord Isengards motionless body as it tries to grasp the wound that almost killed him 'you almost did kill me' Kra-nesh said.

After a thousand years of isolation and lust for war kra-nesh race is created to even overcome pain and death. It kneels and took lord Isengards head and severs it from its body like a rag doll he held it and walks toward the gates of Sevaron.

 At that moment has finally fallen. the shadowy figure that lord Isengard saw before was standing a few steps from the towers main door waiting for his war guard. As for the orcs they wreak havoc on the castle and just took what they need. A moment later kra-nesh came and stood beside the shadowy figure and tosses lord Isengard decapitated head in front of it, as it rolled into the streets of Seravon the shadowy figure took off its hood in a slow manner even the mighty Kra-nesh was speechless as he removes his cape and personally witnesses what became of the castle he once called home.

Kra-nesh bowed down and greet his lord and master the seventh commanding general of the heretic's lord and master of 60 legions and ranked as one of the Hierarchies of lords under the rule of the Heretics.

Lord Heathen was once a noble knight that became known for his strong insights about the change of structural form within the empire and claiming all the land under their control and absolute control, at a young age heathen became aware of his duty to be the greatest war council member and dream of being the sovereign lord himself, at age fifteen he studied the art of war and became a student of mystic knowledge under the guise of lord Magnus. He became a knight at age twenty the youngest to be proclaimed. Son of a great lord under the late sovereign king's consul and a brother to a skillful archer despite his different beliefs and philosophy lord heathen was respected by his peers along with his father as a warrior and an idealist.

In the Great Dragon War, heathen receive the seal of valor from the great lord for eradicating the forces of Buomaugh in the dark forest of Strangard. This honor made him intoxicated from fame and glory he became an alcoholic and violent even among his fellow warriors soon his behavior took a sinister turn for the worst for he was the one who instigate a mass killing spree in a small tavern in the city of Targred in the empire of Kralia. He was found guilty of killing seven people out of alcohol and rage a trial was held, but because of his title and lineage, he was banished to never set foot into the empire of Mercia. 

He took sanctuary at the very edge border of the empire in Sevaron under the care of his mentor lord Magnus. until one day he just left and vanished.

Years have passed even with all of the dexterity and dominance of the third Sovereign Lord Darrion he still yielded to the arms of death due to the wound he gains in the dragon wars. Thousands mourn as the great king was laid to rest in the forbidden mountains of Varamil only a handful of the late kings' council was allowed to enter and know where the tomb's location was, for almost a month the empire lit up the seven towers surrounding the main wall of the empire as a token of honor of those who witness the late lord greatness and nobility.

After the death of the sovereign lord, the council members became self-aware of the effect of the throne's power on each other. The late lord wasn't able to bare a successor to gain the title for he died without a child. This made the balance of power unwavering to all the inhabitants of the empire's sovereignty Like a disease this very situation gave birth to greed and self-indulgence among the council lords it corrupted their very souls and ultimately lost their sight of what was honorable. Even with the aid of princess Shaia and Aire they were powerless to reclaim their royal bloodline, the council members began arguing more on who is the right person to bare the title. Soon war broke out among the council and even the warrior clans of each noble clan and engages in the tug of war for power and glory their loyalty became a collaboration of personal interest and alliances to taste that seemingly great lust for authority.

After a year The Empire of Mercia was divided into four military strongholds with each powerful ambitious warlord governing them. Those who stayed loyal to the late lord's philosophy were brutally exterminated as a symbol of fear over the others clans to join them in their quest for power. And one of them was Lord Heathen's family. His father refuses to join their squabble and remains loyal to the people under his care. His clan was killed leaving heathen and his older brother as the last of his people. After hearing of his clan's annihilation, he returned no longer a knight but as a heretic general feeding fear and hate toward all living things including his brother whom he thought abandoned his people into the hands of the other warlords.

as the sun sets and slowly surrenders to the night, Heathen's hatred grew even more with a large scream, he called Lord Magnus out and said ''come and face me I am here in the name of my father' his fuming voice passed through the very depths of the earth. But even with this Magnus did not move an inch from where he was standing; after a few more minutes lord Heathen gave the order to pummel the castle to dust. Like a storm his horde went berserk as they tore everything down with brute strength and fire, Kra-nesh was given another order to move out and wait in the black twin mountains of Selos, and let a small portion of the army finish the assault and wait for his return, instantly Heathen vanishes leaving just a tarnish of black smoke and instantaneously resurface in front of lord Magnus as a thick black smoldering smoke heathen lengthen his arm slowly emerging out and opens his palm facing a few inches away from Magnus face there a bright flaming burst of concentrated fire engorged Magnus The force even melted some of the statutes that surround them.

Super-heated steam was pushed outward from small pockets of earth openings under the city, this steam ruptured into the city streets killing anything that was in its path, as planned Kra-nesh wave his battle axe and order the horde to keep moving toward the direction of the black mountains and wait for the master's return, the horde had to move quickly as the steam was ripping the very ground they are standing on. Meanwhile, as the temperature of lord Heathen's attack slowly subsides a dark stare on lord heathen face infuriates him more, there he saw lord Magnus standing without a single scratch on his body for he was protected by an orb of energy. heathen applaud his former master and mentor for even at a close distance he was able to shield himself from his attack, heathen jumped backward approximately not less than fifty feet from where Magnus was standing as the smoke cleared, Lord heathen once again extends his arm and utter some unknown words that gain Magnus attention, it was Goetia a prohibited spell that was banned by the old ones from being used for With that spell it could wipe out all living thing within its discharge radius as dark energy encircle lord heathen Magnus was a force to take steps in neutralizing lord heathens assault.

 Lord Magnus suddenly levitated and drifted toward heathen like a javelin, the strength of this movement made a carved pathway as the energy brushed outward with tremendous speed. He spoke a spell as he bends both of his arms down and a current formed around his hands and focus its power with his grip.

A few more feet he has enough distance and force to counter lord heathen's spell. But before lord Magnus could come near him he was suddenly held back by another force that somehow barricade his approach. face to face lord heathen smiled at him and whispered ''it's over old man'' for it was a trap lord heathen knew that he will react to his attack not knowing that lord heathen saw this action beforehand and sets an ambush and used lord Magnus force to kill him. Blood suddenly blood explode out of lord Magnus mouth for he was impaled by a dozen metal spikes in the ground enveloping and protecting Heathen,

 at a brief moment, heathen saw gratification in Magnus's eyes,as heathen walked toward his former mentor and just stare right at his face to face, for unknown reasons Magnus reach out to touch lord heathens cheeks and said ''you have done well young one, but this is not the last time you will see me'' lord heathen could not comprehend this but before he could act on it his former mentor turns to dust leaving only his clothes and personal items on the floor and a voice echoed inside the chamber saying ''well done'' this irritates him even more as he starts firing multiple fire blast were ever he could hear lord Magnus voice destroying everything that it hits even the chains of the sealed door the old decaying statuses and the remains of the dead warriors in the footsteps of the sealed gate, his energy wage out of control and lash out within the chamber walls for heathen felt cheated of his rightful kill. 

But he knew that his duty is not yet done for he must still finish his obligation to his new lord and provider. once again he instantly disappears and reappeared a few miles away from the burning tower, in an old abandoned wooden cabin that was once a merchant outpost because of the unrest and conflicts of the warlords it is now left and lays in ruins.

There he saw a wooden cart that was broken from what looked like an anarchic evacuation of the area. There he sat down and took a deep breath for he has exhausted from overusing his energy. As the sun finally sets down to rest lord heathen stood up and went inside the broken-down cabin to seek shelter and nourishment for he was still weak, and an attack would surely injure him or even take his life.

 As he enters the cabin the flames from Sevaron brighten the valley like it was in the middle of the afternoon as he entered the abandoned cabin a few from the door there sitting in an old wooden chair with a young man sitting on it. He was about seventeen dark hair blue eyes a sensible devilish smile. the cabin's dark shadowy interior hides most of his body as if it was sheltering him, he was holding a bottle of wine and threw it over lord heathen and said'' you have till the end of this summer to finish your due, after that, it's my turn'' as heathen uncork the wine the young man vanishes and left the cabin. He grabs the chair and sat on it and drinks the bottle of wine as he watches the blaze dim slowly as he spoke in an annoyed tone 'you are a fool Agares''

After a few hours the city of Sevaron was left in ashes almost half of the tower has burnt a handful of oracai was left scavenging the area for food and armaments slowly a pile of broken burnt pillars of wood on the far side of the wall was pushed upward by an unidentified figure it was Razel, badly injured he took up his blade and stride toward the remaining oracai's but before he could even swing his weapon he lost consciousness once again was knockdown to the ground as remaining oracai ran toward him for he was food to them.

the strongest orc grab Razel by the neck and took out a bone knife as the orc was about to gut his heart out, a penetrating sound ran across the remaining creatures like the lightning hitting its target with pinpoint accuracy the orc holding Razel didn't even have a chance to drive its blade to his broken body. As he tries to focus his vision and gain some control over his body a mellow voice assures him that he is safe, he could only visualize four blurry images standing right beside him, a woman holding a bow, a young man wearing what it seems to be a katana blade on his back and an armored monstrous man as big as Kra-nesh with a very large twin battle axe and finally a young man sitting near him and was staring at him like a hawk to its prey. 

Razel wanted to move but it was fruitless the large image knell down and pick him up like he was just a small child and carried him on its shoulders there he saw more images of people walking alongside this group of unidentified warriors, for he could no longer hold his eyes open as darkness took over, he was unconscious once again.

End of Chapter 01

Chapter 02

After a few hours Razel finally woke up he was still a bit unclear from the skirmish, he was under sitting under a big tree as if its shadow became his haven, with his blurred vision he can see a campfire a few meters from where he was resting, he saw new faces that somehow he recalls when he fell unconscious the second time in battle. That has a slight resemblance to the same vague figures that saved his life, he was about to sit up when a low tone spoke calmly beside him saying '' stay still young warrior for your wound will surely open if you try to move''Razel turn his attention to that very voice on his right and saw an image of a large armored being as big as Kra-nech beside him sitting in a large tree root,

 this he knew for a fact that he was no longer in his homeland. There he saw two monstrous battle axe beside the being, its massive weight was very noticeable for the very soil was unearth from its immense mass, before he could even move his hand another voice spoke but this time it has an arrogant tone utter a verity to the wounded warrior'' don't even think of reaching for your dagger, killing you where you sit is a shameful way to die.''

''Stop taunting him brother he is still a warrior of Magnus'' there he saw an image standing a few feet from he was sitting the image gradually walked toward him there he could finally gain some idea of who they are. At that moment he saw an enchanting face of a beautiful woman staring at him face to face. There the woman gave him a bowl of soup as he gently took the basin from the woman's hand a mild chucking sound echoed from his left side.

Hello my name is Regira and this is my sister Miloria and that noisy one is our older brother Gannon and that very large one is Bacu what is your name? Regira asks'' I am Razel lieutenant under the command of lord Isengard , to whom do serve? Razel asks in a weak voice.with a small grin on his face, Regira pointed at Razel and was about to speak up and answer his question when his sister held the young ones' hand and gave it a moderate grip.

Miloria just smiled and after a few minutes, she went back to sit near Gannon. Razel was very eager to ask about whatever happened to the tower of Sevaron but like a wounded sheep he wasn't able to ask them, but unlike the others, the young Regira was more enthusiastic to share the details regarding the fate of the tower and its residents. There he shared most of the details with the young warrior, but even if the civilians survive the assault hundreds of his commands were killed protecting the land of Sevaron. 

There he asks the four warriors to lend him a weapon to fulfill his due and avenge the death of his friends and companions in arms. Gannon took out a sword and threw it on the ground near his left hand and said '' if you want to die like a miserable dog take it and return to your homeland that is now burnt to dust, even Magnus couldn't stop what foretold eons ago''

But you have a choice boy said Gannon'' and that is to stay with us, like you we are bound to protect the land'' the gates of hell are now broken this is just the beginning boy '' but what about my lord Isengard? I must take revenge, said Razel.

his death is a great loss, but he died fulfilling his due with pride, a thundering voice echoed as Bacu stood up out and grab and ripped a chunk of the tree as if it was paper '' Enough !!'' this is not the time to dwell into the past young one... either join us or I will cut you down right now. Razel with all his strength took a swing at Bacu hitting him in the neck but it was useless.

 Bacu threw him down and said '' that's better young one'' after your wounds are healed we shall return to your homeland and escorts your people from the Balkan Mountains to the city of Deca where they can take shelter. Going now is useless there is an unknown number of demon orcs roaming this area we will not put the people in harm's way just to fuel our lust for revenge.

I have already sent Freki to the Deca to inform the lord Marshall to prepare for war, at dawn we shall head toward the Balkan Mountains, so better get some rest for we need your skill young warrior. regira sat next to razel and smiled at him and said 'this is going to be fun''Meanwhile, in the catacombs under the Balkan Mountains hundreds of tower now await help from the capital with limited supply they fear death from starvation and an attack from unknown creatures that roams the mountains as only a handful of lord Magnus warriors protect the citizens, as the bitter cold surrounds every single one of them,

a child named Moira plans to return home and see her father, fearing that her father has been taken by the enemy With all of her wits and courage she now creates a strategy to elude there guards and travel back into and catacomb with Geri her faithful companion but because of lord Magnus spell the passageway is now sealed off insuring that no demon could follow them, she had to travel to the utmost perilous part of the mountain outside the safety of the catacombs.

Like her father Moira was a spirited daughter at a young age she has already shown mystical abilities far greater than the other young apprentice under lord Magnus teachings, but one thing set Moira above the rest and that is her unchallenged courage to face the unknown...

At a tender age, she was known as a very rambunctious child but this never gave her father a reason to scold her. Her energy was like wildfire, among a handful of incidents within the castle chambers. Unknown to her father her gift was the real culprit her power to manipulate fire manifested when she accidentally put sulfur in the fireplace while playing it ignited a powerful burst of flame that could instantly kill anyone in front of it. With her fear she was able to bend the flame and focus it as a shield around her, lord Magnus and lord Isengard saw this occurrence for they were inside the chamber room when the event accrued.

 So under lord Magnus guide, she found her true calling as a spell caster at the age of nine she was able to summon and control small and limited fire ignition in her hands strong enough to incinerate a wooden crate.

But now with all her skill and knowledge, this new adventure will surely test her courage to face her fears. As Moira and Geri wait for that right opportunity to pass the guards and journey down the Balkan mountain to see her father, the bitter cold wave its deadly embraces the civilians huddle within the catacombs opening for this was the only place where they can still survive. 

At that moment Moira saw a small chance, she asks a few of the guards to gather wood so she shall cast a spell of fire for warmth while they wait for the convoy from the main capital to save them. As the wood pillars pile up Moira ask the people to remain strong for her father shall return, after a few moments Moira held her hands up and whispered a few chants slowly faint energy encircled her hands then with a graceful tap a bright light burst into flame as the fire smolder the bundle of woods, while the guards and civilians were distracted Moira suddenly grab hold of Geri by the cape and ran outside the catacombs as fast as they can, for this was the perfect situation to seek her father in the remnants of the tower.

The terrain is unforgiving as the cold climate consumes most of the mountain for only a handful of races can survive its ruthless ever-changing climate. Approximately 5800 feet above sea level and stretch about twelve miles west from the swamp of Tionor to the north of the sea of ishtar South of the trails opening the Balkan mountain is divided into three major parts the upper rim the middle belt and last the lower region. the opening of the catacombs is located near the middle belt as seen with Large stone pillars are seen scattered all over the area like a maze and from its remains, 

an old observatory a remnant of an old forgotten city that was wiped out by an unheard force and on its main gate was carved Deneir .this was once an outpost build by the Amarum race as a merchant district leading toward there empire. At this very location lord, Magnus accidentally discovered the secret catacombs that coincidentally one of its branches connects deep under the very tower of Sevaron. That stretch is about half a mile. the catacombs were once the burial chamber of the Amarum warlords, as seen in its huge chambers and doorways. 

the very landscape was callous for the catacombs were located in the middle belt of the mountain. A few miles from the catacombs in an area where the bitter cold Covers grotesque unknown vegetation seemingly consuming the surroundings like a parasite thus becoming a feared location by the people of Sevaron .Beyond this monstrous garden, two hundred feet above and two days travel up north there stand the great black gate of the Amarum Empire, an empire that stood witness to the old ones' rule they were the lands helm and executioner, bound the rules of the old ones for almost five hundred years, and became one the dark lord utmost adversary.

there was a handful of the small abandoned military outpost near the east side of the territory, a few miles walk near the dark side of the peak and a hidden trail was located concealed among the eyes of the late lord's enemies, years ago an undisclosed alliance with the Amarum king was created by the late sovereign lord to build a secret passageway from the scavenger infested land of Nuria to the very steps of Sevaron , this was a route to secure their military and food supply from the hands of the enemy, as large two gigantic warrior statutes standing approximately 60 feet was placed as a symbol of the control of the empire over the canyon a personal gift from the Amarum lord as a gesture of friendship.

as thousands of demon prisoners where consign to carve the very stone canyon for almost five years these creatures fashion tons of solid rock to finish the pathway across the nine days walk cutting it in half and after the passageway was finish the remaining demons where imprisoned within the vast chambers inside the walls and left there to die the upper walls became a merchants stronghold because of its strategic location the canyon became a thriving business area for hundreds of merchants line up there tavern stores alongside the upper walls like vines they created walk ways connecting to one another for more than a hundred feet above the devils trail each clan merchants were free to establish their commerce as thousands of warrior march beneath them like fire ants .

this prompted the sudden change of situation fearing that the location of the trail will be exposed the merchant leaders ask the lord Morwen to form a guild to ensure that the passageway will remain a secret for only a handful of the noble lords' family was its information under the fifth counsel lord Grandal he was appointed by the sovereign Guard to govern the area. . after the fall of the horde of darkness lord Darrion second son of lord, Anael became the new Sovereign lord of Mercia the devils trail was left under the rule of lord Grandals descendants with the accordance that the lord marshal of the devils tail dominion pays homage to the sovereign empire of Mercia and the empire of the Amarum.

For years this path became the empire's strongest weapon, for thousands of warrior wage war by using this very trail. But like a wavering flame, the paths slowly was in gulp in a power struggle after the great war, thus creating a chain of events that would lead to the wretchedness and corruption of this hidden terrain, now after years of seclusion the devil's trail is reduced to ruin and decay the path is now a dead zone for scrupulous individuals who still engaged into illegal dealings from weapons to chemical toxins and without a sovereign lord to govern the empire the devils tail was forgotten and was ultimately left into the hands of faith.

As Geri hiked alongside Moira his fear grows even stronger as he heard a tale about the doomed trail they could see the thick black smoke coming from the tower, Moira pulled out a small book from her bag it was her journal there she sat near a stone slab they were half a mile from the catacombs and the two were a bit tired so Moira decided to read her spell book while Geri gathers firewood and set camp. Geri was never the brave one in the clan but his craftiness was a different account. Geri asks Moira to remain hidden for a while until he could establish their whereabouts, Geri scratches his head as he saw the name carve on the gate of a wreck fort gate it was the city of Deneir, suddenly he felt panic for he recalls an incident that his father witness and shared to him, about a city turned to dust by an unheard and unseen creature that was only named Lurue above the Balkan region. 

Geri was inside the ruined turret when he felt a dark force lingering in the wrecked wooden pillars across him, he was about a hundred meters away from Moira, and the moon's shadow wasn't helping him either to identify that fear right in front of him. He stood there silently holding stacks of wood from what it seems to be parts of a burnt chair; his breath was cold from that vulnerability. His eyes slowly gawk roughly around the chamber searching for any items that he could use as a weapon. 

The chamber's roof was destroyed leaving only portions of the walls surrounding the site, Snowflakes are blown inside covering small parts of the floor of the chapel burnt objects were spread out and the very floor was crushed by a powerful blow. As the breeze was getting stronger, there he saw a glimmering reflection a few feet on his right side of the wooden pillars across the very shadow that he felt this unknown dread. designs are seen from most of the inner walls that this was once a holy place of worship, Geri with every possible way of escape analyzed and meticulously polished Geri knew he has about a minute to react and gain the upper hand.

Across the spirit Genome under the piles of broken down wood, clocked in darkness anticipates the movement of the target with all its remaining strength it plans to take its prey down. The wind settled down for a while as if it was contemplating their emotion waiting for another discharge of wind for this was the precise moment for them to move. The cold discharge with a restrained might Geri ran toward what he hoped was a knife, he threw the wooden branches toward the creature as it hurdled toward him. 

Their reflexes were conditioned for these very circumstances as Geri still had a difficult time identifying the creature for his main concern was to get that item and use it against it. After a few moves inch, his very gasp of air was like swirling leaves in the autumn as he held the item his calculated plan worked for he has a weapon. Instantly he swings the candelabra to the left hoping that it will hit the creature enabling him to escape, but it was useless for he never considered the creature's size.

 Petrified as the creature emerges from the shadow, Geri was about three feet tall; Geri is shaped by a living form of energy that needs to be contained inside a vessel made from any fashioned material from hardened clay, fabric, leather, and steel armor. Their attributes are distinguished from the color of their eyes as it emanates a certain color from red to anger, blue for calmness, or yellow for dread. This is the same radiant glow that most likely attracted the creature in the first place.

The beast was a night dweller it stands five feet tall and has a body built like a mountain ox, there breed once to wreak havoc on the Balkan region but their race dwindled to almost extinction when they were used by the demon orcs as war cavalries against the empires war horse years ago, the creature was a bit weak from hunger but even with this state it could still shred Geri in half and he unwillingly push aside to the corner of the shrine, even if he wanted to levitate higher he was still bound by the lack of knowledge in performing this task this made his situation more terrifying. 

As the beast open its mouth for the attack a thundering voice echoed toward the creature the very walls tremble from its force, was it Moira Geri uttered, the creature saw the young mage her fleshly body is much more suitable nourishment rather than eating a hallow shell. The beast swings around ignoring the frail Geri and approach Moira.

After a few more seconds Moira finally realized what she has done, a dithering feeling that she now considered foolish. She was defenseless against a full-grown creature. She relentlessly turns around to run when she was forced down by an unnoticed being blocking her way. The impact made her head wobbly, she saw a young boy right in front of her in that same particular situation, it seemed they hit each other's head as she was running away from the creature when a warm pant gazes her right shoulder, 

Geri shouted and ran toward the young mage when suddenly a large armored hand grab the beast head and crush it effortless and toss it in the air as it was flying upward a numbing scream belched from that same large reinforced hand the creature was already dead but this didn't concern the wearer of the gauntlet, as an invisible force incinerated the body of the dead creature living only its dust to scatter across the plains.

Moira was astonished to see that a young boy much like her could manage a powerful weapon, she was still sitting down when the young boy extends his hand and said come with me, when Geri bash the boy with a broken piece of wood flooring the was knock down again this time he was unconscious. After half an hour the boy finally woke up on his left side was the young girl he just saves, and on his left side was the same person who hit him, enraged he grab Geri by the neck and strangles him, when a chucking sound came out the young Moira's lips and said 'you are funny'' the boy decided to free Geri from his grip and look at young Moira, hi my name is Lurue and you are? I'm Moira daughter of lord Isengard and he is Geri my helm.

Geri was alarmed Lurue was the same name as the one who destroyed the village, Lurue saw Geri's reaction this might be about the old tale concerning the destruction of the village. Lurue told Moira and Geri that they have nothing to fear, the story about the village was a vague tall tale. The village was indeed destroyed but the stories surrounding it were falsely rumored. The three were staying inside the same shire for it was a suitable place to keep safe till morning, he shared details about the village, and as the wind became colder Moira was eager to hear about their new friends.

It was the age of alliance of the sovereign lord Morwen with the Amarum lords of the Balkan mountain, some of the migrating clans decided to establish a small village that they named Straton the clan population increased ten folds by the end of lord Sovereign rule. The village's primary livelihood was mining with the help of mountain dwarfs they supplied almost forty percent of the empire's metal ore in creating weapons and other pieces of equipment, the village was enclosed by a ten feet tall wall with the help of other clans the land grew like any village they build magnificent structures for their lavish lifestyles and because of their location they have access to the merchant outpost in the devil's tail giving them increase profits.An isolated area that the villagers themselves consider a blessing, 

slowly they decided to sever their connection to the empire consumed with pride and arrogance for years the village elders control the area accepting only a selected family clan to be part of their village. One of the village founding families was a blacksmith named Gridion Lurue, he was a muscular man standing six foot five feet tall who was renowned to have a strength of ten full grown men, he was a silent man his history was hidden among the clan elders for certain personal reasons that he alone knew. Unaware to them we were a weapons master trained by the great lord Amarum a son of a mortal woman, and fathered by a noble Amarum lord sometimes he can mistake a Amarum warrior for his size and he was once married, but she died shortly after giving birth to his only daughter named Rion.

Years went by and his grandfather was known to have died in the hands of an Ajatar when he was searching for the last materials for his masterpiece. Gridion's daughter refuses to close his father's shop she alone establishes their clan name, her skill in weapon making was inherited and molded by his father, and her skill was second to all the land. After a few more years she accidentally wages a tug of war with a known merchant named Tristan, he alone was able to tame her fury he was about five foot six an aggressive gentle hunter that once serve the governor lord of Straga for years he formed an elite squad in fighting the incursion of the scavengers after a four-year hunt Tristan disband the group and later decided to seek refuge within Straton to start a new life as a merchant and fell in love with Rion and ask her to get married but she insisted to retain her family's name in honor of Gridion Lurue her father.

Tristam and Rion lived in this same village for years with their son Arion, like a normal child he was nurtured by his parents to be an ordinary healthy boy leaving his parents' legacy as a hunter and weapons master behind, He was educated to learn a useful skill in a world rather be trained under the art of warfare for they thought it was no longer necessary until the where ravage by night dwellers that migrated from the land of Dragan. for the Balkan mountain was a suitable place for the night dwellers to seek sanctuary and replenish their race and because of the village's isolation from the main Empire,

 these encounters were never been documented nor reported to the empire's attention. Even the very walls surrounding the village were torn down night after night the people live in fear some of the family clans planned to live the village but it took almost a day to even reach the mountain's lower regions they still had to travel in the dead of the night. a handful of clans dared to gamble their lives in the hands of fate. Sounds of dread echoed every night when night dwellers ravage the escaping clan family. only a handful of warriors was left to protect the village people and one of them was his father Tristan for two years his father wages a personal war with these creatures his mother meanwhile was finishing her father's greatest creation Forge from the very scales and blood of an Ajatar. This was the very weapon that allegedly took his father's life.

The war gauntlet was to be used by Tristan to free the village from the night dwellers attacks, but accidentally Tristan was killed in their pursuit to eradicate invading creatures from entering their homeland one of his companions was badly injured in the chase within the dark forest, Tristan was forced to carry him in his back leaving him vulnerable from the creature's assault. Tristan was able to slay one of the beasts and was able to escape and save his companion, but because of the wound, he gains Tristan died on his death bed from the infection. 

Arion was about six years old back then but he was old enough to understand and feel anger, he ran toward their door and took a small rusted knife right next to his father's wooden table, their home was filled with concerned fellow men but this didn't stop him from avoiding them trying to stop him from going outside. Her mother grab Arion by his sleeves but it was torn off Arion was able to escape the village people and went outside toward the border. 

His speed was exceptionally fast he was running as fast as he can it will take the village people ten minutes to reach him in time, at the border young Arion shouted from the top of his lungs stating a challenge to all night dwellers to face him.

Out of the forest's murky shadow countless night dwellers came, Arion stood there and took out his rusted knife and pointed it at the creature this act in rage the beast leaps out and wages its claws on the young boy when it was struck down by a handful of sphere piercing its body until it drops lifeless in front of Arion. For a number of the village, clans came to save him front of them was his mother carrying the war gauntlet that his grandfather fashioned. Rion embraced his son and ask to step aside for she will finally use the gauntlet against these creatures of the night; she took the weapon and wore it in her hand and she spoke out an unknown dead language summoning the earth to grant her the power of the old ones to crush her enemy to dust.

 suddenly the wind encircled her mother as dust wave according to the force it creates, small sparks of electricity were surging out of the gauntlet slowly it was glowing as if it was in flame. Rion was raising her hand powerful jolts of lightning was uncontrollable destroying everything it touches, some of the night dwellers were burned alive and the very forest was being shaken to its roots. Trees near her were slowly burning, and the village hunters that were accompanying her hid among the large rocks that are scattered everywhere near the edge of the forest.

Rion was fulfilling her father's wish, controlling what was meant for a god, suddenly the gauntlet just stopped functioning, and the very power that it created instantly vanish leaving only the dust particles in the air. Rion was stunned. Arion saw this when out of the forest a night dweller bites her mother's arm off, the same arm where she places the war gauntlet Arion ran to save his mother as more creatures attacked her ripping and tossing her like a rag doll. He jumps over the beast's back and stabs it with his knife but it was useless he was thrown away to the grown there he saw the war gauntlet as he plans to use it to hit the creature's eyes as he touches it, the gauntlet liquefies and attached itself to his arm and it grew four times the size even with its increased size he was able to lift it as it emitted a blinding light.

 the earth once again trembles but this time it was breaking the land lightning bolts are exploding everywhere there Arion saw her mother dead his anger grew into hate Arion ran like a mindless juggernaut he shatters the very earth annihilating everything around him, the power it radiates eradicated every living thing within its impact including the village and everyone in it. After the smoke settled one being stood alone and it was Arion Lurue, the very force that killed everybody and left him in a traumatic state. His memory was confiding within his consciousness it took Arion four more years to accept his family's fate thus using only his family name, his mission was to kill all the night dwellers that escaped him before they hide among the shadows. Geri was a bit unenthusiastic to hear such disturbing tales; Geri can sense that Lurue has a dark and malevolent treat consuming him inside but Moira was already fond of him so he could only watch him closely.

His main concern is to return to Mercia with Moira but he knew that to accomplish this task he needs a powerful guard on their side, This left him to trust Lurue for the time being. He knew even with all his knowledge he still lacks in power; Moira might have the ability to manipulate fire but she still was no experience in using it in combat nor use it to kill a living thing. Moira decided to share details about their misfortune with the young Lurue, after a few hours the three finally decide to take that needed rest Lurue was a gentle noble mature young boy he insisted that Moira slept separately with them so the two share a small tent next to Moira. 

Geri was restless that night something was bothering him he could feel Arion's anger so he bluntly asks him direct questions to ensure their safety Arion realize that Geri has doubts about his true purpose so he ask Geri to join him outside behind the broken-down shrine near a burnt down tavern a few meters from the shrine and settle their differences employing combat. For a few more minutes the two clashes like a storm each hitting each other like fierce creatures of war but a miscalculated act leads Geri to stumble into a wrecked pillar a few meters away from the old shrine, Arion was standing right in front of Geri floating a few feet from the ground, 

Geri once again felt that horror as he saw in Arion eyes his anger surge out of uncontrollable power this was that same hesitation about him when Arion reached out his hand and took Geri hand and said ' enough games, I am not your enemy' After that the Geri woke up as Arion continued to sleep and went back to his dream on his side of the tent, suddenly a low tone openly spoke out saying '' stop playing with Arion Geri'' it was Moira assuring him that he is a big help to their journey and even with his hesitation and resentment she can feel that he has a kind heart.

Geri has already admitted his inability to summon a much more powerful spell years ago he was measured as the weakest among his kin, but his skill in dream manipulation has become an unstoppable force even among his race, even the strongest warrior becomes weak in this dream state leaving them vulnerable mentally, but there was the first time using this skill again. Geri was a bit relieved when he saw in the young Lurue eyes his desire to fulfill his destiny, and moments later he finally surrenders to the lord of dreams.

A few hours later Geri was forced to wake up by seemingly bitter cold weather, the harsh wind was humming like the sounds of a wounded wolf, Geri went to check Moira in her tent to secure her condition, there he saw that Moira was awake and stared at him a glared, she pointed downward and whisper we have visitors. Geri put his head on the grown and silently listened. Soon he heard marching footsteps and very soon the sound of cracking armor, Geri stood up and went to Lurue,

 like Moira he too was already up. Without saying another word, the three gathered all their items under the bitter cold and strong winds the three moved out of the broken shine and even made the effort to cover their tracks as they walked under a foot of snow. Geri was unaffected by the weather so with this he was the one in charge of their supply as Moira continues to summon heat inside her cloak to prevent her body from freezing. As for Lurue he was uncorrupt able for he was only wearing worn-out clothes and doesn't even have a cloak to shield his body from the deadly weather. Moira grab Lurues arm she felt his skin was as hot as burning coal she was once again amused to know that he has the same abilities as her.

Every step they made under the blinding snowstorm would make them hear the marching sounds even closer until the three saw a weak light a few yards away from them. The three crawled under the fallen stone pillar and waited until they could distinguish the image from what it seems to be a vague small patrol of warriors. But unlike the warriors they have seen in their land, these individuals were massive in size as they were stacking up what it seems to be dead bodies like firewood, and because the weather was not helping them identify what they are seeing, so Lurue tap Moira on the shoulder and speak softly that they travel around them and he even said they might be Amarum warriors on a blood hunt facing them would be foolish and a death wish.

0