Chapter 1: And There Was Aan
272 8 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

| The Beginning |

I'm just a tree, a hazelnut shrub that lived for millions of years.. maybe billion now. Why don't I feel like a tree anymore? I have my own kind of consciousness, because some god decided this was a great idea... Depending on my experience with the human race, I feel just as stupid as them, but to be honest I prefer to live my life as a tree.
(After 5 minutes)
 Damn. This feels boring. I can't stand my existence. Maybe if I start from the beginning, I'll find myself.

《Genesis》

My first experience with living creatures was when an animal bit my trunk, then I woke up to see an entire forest with trees of my kind, but I was different. I was thinking. They were smaller. At that time I noticed some odd beings, They live in caves, made fire from sticks and rocks. and hunted with spears. They were fascinating, but it was sad they didn't live long enough. I remember one of them who fought six crimson tigers, although he won, there was nothing left of him, his tribe ran off so there was no help coming and he spent the rest of his time alone with me. as the red blood was absorbed by the dirt, he cried... His only child died in the attack and couldn't be saved...

The body of the man fell on an exposed root, of which the life force flows. The tree felt something, it was different from observing, It was feeling... for the first time the tree could feel and live, even if it was in the memory of a dying man.
"It's... Magnificent" The tree excitedly thought. "Aan come here!" A woman called for the man in his memories.
"So your name is Aan, You looked so young. Let me help you". Suddenly, some roots grew around the body of Aan, it surrounded him like a blanket.
Aan fell asleep. He couldn't see the person helping him.

After many moons the tree weakened grew older, the life force was exhausted. Aan woke up and saw a dead tree before him, He knew what saved him was not human, but a kind tree. His hands touched the cold bark and a single tear dropped from his eyes, The tree killed itself to save his life.
Aan made a promise to visit the tree every year and prayed that some day, his fried would return...

10