Rating Game (3)
681 2 33
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

A/N: Author here saying beforehand that my naming capabilities sucks, so if you find the names of techniques/etc cringe, then I apologize in advance. 

__________________________________________________

With the help of the familiars, Riser could be located relatively easily, for he had no intention of hiding. Together with his queen Yubelluna he waited for Rias' arrival in Kuoh's track and field.

Rias and her peerage made their way from the old school building to Phenex's location, choosing a different route than Touma. They heard the sound of explosions in the background and silently prayed for his safety.

Normally, Rias would rush to his aid, but Touma instructed them to follow the plan and not worry about him. 

“Everyone, we are approaching his location.” Akeno said and they nodded in union. They turned around the corner and finally met their opponents. 

"So you finally came to me, Rias. I was tired of standing around, but if it's for my soon to be wife, I find it bearable to wait." Said Riser in his usual arrogant tone.

"No one will be your wife, not now nor in the future, Riser!" Retorted Rias, who did not want to continue playing his game. "Everything will be settled here once and for all!"

“Then struggle as you want.” Riser let out an amused snort. “Yubelluna, do whatever you want with them.” 

“Yes, Lord Riser.” The Phenex’s queen compiled to his call and walked forward.

“Akeno.” Rias turned to her best friend.

“Ufufufu, I know. I will end this soon and then go to help you.” The half fallen  said with her hand covering her mouth and stepped forward.

The respective queens had a brief staredown contest before Yubelluna broke eye contact first and flew towards the sky. Akeno let out an “Ara ara” and followed her suit.

This will soon be a battle between queens and the sky as the battlefield they have chosen. The sound of explosions and lightning cracking could be heard everywhere around the battlefield. 

“As entertaining all of this is, it’s finally time to put an end to this.” Riser said and spread his arms open. “Come at me, my dear Rias, and I will show you how futile your little resistance is against the might of immortal Phenex!”

“Let’s see who will laugh at the end.” Rias said and charged the power of destruction in her hand. “[Destruction Blast]!” A magic circle with the same color as her hair appeared in front of her and shot a crimson lightning at Riser. 

The blond devil snorted and was unfazed by her attack. The immortality of Phenex would heal his wounds as long as he had demonic power, so Riser wasn’t worried about the damage, on the contrary, he wanted to demoralize Rias by healing all the wounds she dealt on him. 

‘Oh Rias, no matter what you do, it will be all useless in the end. I will keep regenerating until you have no strength left!’ Thought the Phenex as he grinned. 

Then the lightning hit him and Riser was sent a few meters back and created a cloud of dust. 

“I have to admit. If I was anyone else, it would probably leave me in a bad condition. However…” Riser emerged from it with an arrogant smirk and was unscattered aside from his dirty clothes. “It’s useless–” 

[Twin Crimson Snake]!” Rias didn’t let him finish and immediately continued her attack. 

Rule number 1: Never let your enemies finish their monologue

Two magic circles appeared and two crimson snakes appeared out of it, with each flying towards Riser and circled around his arms. Immediately, the snakes pushed and threw the devil. 

“Kiba!” 

“On it!” Kiba dashed forward and a dark red sword appeared in his hand. “[Sword Birth]!” A mountain of blades like the one in his hand emerged from the ground and each pointed towards the sky. 

Kiba felt much of his demonic power reserves emptying quickly as he prepared his next move, but he didn’t waver and concentrated on his next attack. 

"[Sword Birth: Barrage Mode]!" He waved his hand and felt his demonic power leave him, the blades shooting into the sky and piercing many parts of Riser's body. Each blade has the ability to let the target's demonic power escape into the atmosphere, effectively acting like a temporary hole in a container.

Yellow flames immediately appeared in the wounds, but compared to before they were smaller in size and its effectiveness also seemed to decrease. 

This didn’t go unnoticed to the Phenex and widened his eyes in shock after realizing their plan. ‘It seems I had underestimated them. They knew the immortality of Phenex is directly related to our own demonic power and talent, so they targeted first my demonic power reserves to limit my regeneration.’ The sentiment would soon be replaced by rage and with a burst of his power, yellow flames came out of his body and destroyed all the swords around him.

“I must praise you, for you to make me, a proud member of the Phenex clan, bleed.” Riser said with fury in his eyes. He landed on the ground with his figure engulfed in flames as it healed his wounds, but there were some visible stains of blood on his clothes. 

[Two pawns of Riser’s peerage have been disqualified.] 

“...And maybe that human isn’t that bad after all.” He commented while looked at the sky and then at Rias. “However, this is where the playtime is over.” 

The blond devil waved his hand and the flames disappeared along with his wounds. He raised his hand and a big yellow magic circle appeared. “Take this! [Great Phenex Fire]!”

Then it shot a torrent of yellow flames and it traveled at high speed in Rias’ group. 

Rias hurriedly gathered her demonic power in one spell and fired it. “[Destruction Canon]!” 

The yellow flames Phenex collided with the Power of Destruction of Bael and both struggled for dominance. Rias’ PoD (Power of Destruction) had more raw destructive power, but Riser had more demonic power to fill in what he lacked, so he began to overcharge the spell. 

Sweat ran down Rias’ forehead as she was slowly being pushed back, but even then she tried her hardest to fight back. 

‘I will run out of strength if this keeps on going!’ Rias thought and tried her best to come up with a solution. ‘I will have no choice but to use everything in an instant!’ 

The redhead let out a warcry and her spell reduced in size, but increased in potency. The flames were being slowly pushed back, but it wasn’t enough to turn the tables. 

‘Even this isn’t enough…’ Rias grimaced, but suddenly a golden lightning fell from the sky at Riser’s spot. The Gremory heiress immediately recognised them as the Holy Lightning from her Queen. She smiled and thought of ‘thanking’ Touma for helping Akeno to overcome her past.

Due to the surprise attack and the Holy element, Riser staggered for an instant, but in that short time was enough for Rias to reverse the situation. The PoD went through Phenex’s flames and successfully hit the blond devil. 

“Ughrr!” Riser let out a painful groan as he fell on the ground. He coughed blood and tried to regulate his breath.

Rias also fell on her knees exhausted, but there was a triumphant smile upon seeing the injuries on her enemy. 

‘I did it!’ Rias thought happily while panting heavily.

“Lord Riser!” Yubelluna shouted and she tried to get close to her King. She was covered in bruises and scorch marks on her clothes, In her hand there was a golden vial, which didn’t go unnoticed to Rias. 

‘Phoenix tear! This is bad, we can’t let him recover!’ Rias thought and tried to get up, but found that she didn’t have any strength to do so. So she turned to her Queen and Rook who was still somewhat fine. “Akeno, Koneko! We can’t let them recover!” 

She received a nod from both of them and they immediately went to intercept their opponents. Then Rias found herself covered in green light, she turned around and saw Asia with her forehead covered in sweat. 

“Thank you, Asia.”

“T-This is nothing, president!” The blondie replied.

‘How cute.’ The redhead thought, but shook her head and concentrated back on the ongoing fight. 

The purple haired Queen upon seeing them approaching immediately casted several magic circles. 

“Don’t get in my way!” 

*Boom!* *Boom!* *Boom!*

Akeno casted a shield that protected her and Koneko from the explosions. 

“Annoying.” She heard the petite girl muttering and she couldn’t agree more. During her fight, the Bomb Queen kept spamming explosion spells from distance and immediately retreated farther away once she made sure to render Akeno’s vision.

Akeno raised her hand and a golden electricity traveled between her fingers. 

“[Holy Lightning]!” She called again her bloodline power and fired at the Queen. 

However, contrary to her thoughts, Yubelluna tanked the attack with her body and managed to reach her King. 

“H-Here, Lord Riser.” Yubelluna said between her breaths and shakingly opened the vial. She tilted her hand and a single red drop fell on Riser, healing all of his injuries. 

Riser got up and patted his Queen’s shoulder. 

“You did good, Yube. You can rest for now.” Riser said and the purple haired woman nodded. The blond King looked at Rias and her group and said with visible anger in his voice. “Now, Gremory’s peerage, time for round 2.” 

Rias’ peerage prepared to fight like Riser, however an announcement stopped them from making any move. 

[Six pawns of Riser’s peerage have been disqualified.] 

[Two rooks of Riser’s peerage have been disqualified.] 

[Two bishops of Riser’s peerage have been disqualified.] 

““W-What!?”” Riser and Yubelluna exclaimed in surprise and widened their eyes in shock and suddenly started feeling a sense of dread. While Rias’ group chuckled. 

“I knew you could do it, Touma.” Rias muttered and she felt a presence in the sky. Looking up, she saw a black haired young man floating in the air while smiling in their direction.

 

33