7. Parasite
223 1 13
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

"What? Are you kidding me?" Says Mika. "How much do you need to take care of a mere F-rank? He doesn't even know how to fight!" 

"That was the case too... Until I found out that he managed to beat all my subordinates. At first, I planned to torment him mentally before slowly moving back to physical bullying...my guys just had to make a move. Thanks to that, I found out Ayato's hidden ability." Says Kaito.

"Yeah, right. Fuck you. Deal with it yourself." Says Mika, pissed at Kaito's unbelievable nonsense. She hangs up immediately after.

"Piece of shit trying to get more money out of me." Mika mumbles.

"Miss Mika, they are here." A middle-aged man says, walking into the guest room.

"Yes boss~," Mika says, quickly putting on her cute and innocent facade.

Meanwhile, Kaito clenches his fist as he punches a wall near, decimating it.

"Ah! No!" A man shouts at the collapsed debris. Kaito damaged the wall of a resident. "You-"

Kaito glares at the man, who backs off in fear. In his mind, he kept cursing his sister. Does Kaito really need to take action himself? He made a promise to Hanabi. 

...

No, promises are meant to be broken.

"Tch...that bastard... I will personally torment you to hell slowly."

On that day, Kaito sent a message to everyone he knows:

"Ostracised and discriminate against Ayato as much as possible. Bribe whatever teachers or staff to do the same.

I will give everyone some 'bonuses' after it is done."

-------------------------

The next day...

-------------------------

It's Saturday, the weekend.

Birds chirp as my sister slides the curtain aside, letting in sunlight.

"Ugh..." I groan as the light shines on my sleepy face.

"It's morning. The early bird catches the worm." Says Ayaka.

...

I pull aside the blanket and get up to wash.

Afterwards, breakfast is already ready as Ayaka brings it to the small table beside the television. 

"Come. It's been a while since we ate together." Says Ayaka.

I nod. 

A simple breakfast of toasted bread with strawberry jam and an apple with milk.

I take a seat and start chomping.

"So, how was your school yesterday?" She asks.

"It was fine. I managed to adapt pretty quickly, muscle memory probably." I reply. "By the way, what do you work as?"

Ayaka takes one bite of the bread and answers. "Most of the time, I work as a hero saving the day in Japan. Otherwise, when there is no villain activity, I work as an investigator. I've always dreamt of serving justice..." 

Her expression becomes grim. "That's why I was furious when you've been infected by the virus of the Plague Harbinger, I did everything to catch the perpetrator and eventually did it! Don't worry about revenge." 

I don't think I am the cause of Ayato's illness. It's probably a scapegoat set up by the real culprit judging by the power poison incident.

"Anyways, let's spend the day together. It's been a long-"

*RINNGGGGGGG*

Ayaka was interrupted by the phone in her purse hanging on the door.

...

She sighs and goes to pick it up. 

"I told you not to call me today!" Ayaka exclaims.

...

...

"But..." Ayaka says. "Can't you handle it yourself?"

I take my fourth bite of the bread.

"What?!" 

Ayaka stares at the floor and sighs. "Alright, but leave my schedule closed tomorrow." 

She hangs up and turns her attention to me. "Sorry, something urgent came up. I promise to be with you tomorrow for sure!"

"No problem," I say.

She gulps everything down and quickly changes into a suit before leaving.

...

I should use this day to collect my debt. 

Closing my eyes, I meditate and completely shut off every sense.

...

The consciousness of my plagues, I start to feel it. My scope of search rapidly expands around me, it covers the entire Sapporo and it is still going.

!

Finally...

There she is.

"Phew..." 

I take out a phone and searches for Chitose. It was given to me by Ayaka, she made a fuss of something about it being the latest Orange phone. 

Chitose isn't far and I should be able to get there by train in at least 35 mins.

I clean up after myself and wash the dishes before setting off.

Wearing a simple brown windbreaker and T-Shirt, cap, and jeans, I glance at the pile of red leaves in the window. Some have fallen in from the tall trees nearby. It's Autumn. 

-----------------------

This should be the place.

An old apartment with rent as low as 10000 Yen(About 74 USD). The exterior is ripped apart and covered in mould, anyone would mistake this for an abandoned building at first glance.

I enter the "ghost" apartment and go to the top level on the roof. There is a standalone room up here, hangings of clothes line outside the door. 

Going to the wooden door, I knock on it gently.

However, the door's lock immediately snaps and it opens.

...

"Hey! I just fixed that!" A young girl in her teenage years exclaims, storming out of the room.

Her pale skin gleams when basked in sunlight. On closer inspection, there is dandruff on her long and messy black hair. She doesn't smell nice either.

"Oi," I say.

!

She immediately jolts. "What?" She mumbles in confusion.

"Parasite, how has your life been?" I say.

!!!!!!

She immediately takes out a knife and attempts to thrust it into my chest, I grab it instantly and pry it off her weak grip.

"W-Who are you?!" She exclaims.

I sigh and show her my right hand, rubbing my thumb and index together.

All of a sudden, she grasps her head and screams in agony. "ARGHHHHHHHHHH!!! WHAT DID YOU DO?!! STOP!!!!" She pleads.

I put my hand down and her pain follows.

"Master?... This cannot be, but you are dead!!"

"I don't feel like explaining everything. You can take it that I am his legacy. Anyways, I'm here to take my debt. Do you think that you could escape that even after the Plague Harbinger's death?" I say.

The girl drops back and trembles. "I-I..."

Parasites are one of the plagues I could utilize. They are extremely useful and can take over a body without killing it. However, I don't like using them. Mainly because they have a consciousness...

13