17. Family
258 1 10
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

Three days after my talk with professor Yamazaki, I finally receive a message from Ayaka.

However, the message isn't what I expected.

=================================

Hello, this message is to inform you that Ayaka has been hospitalised at Chitose Hero hospital. 

Her ward number is 09F. The nurse will guide you to it when you prove that you are her family member; bring any identification along.

There is no need to worry, the situation is not life-threatening and is hospitalized only for further safety measures.

It is advised that family members visit Ayaka during the evening as some procedures will have to be done during the afternoon or morning.

Best regards,

Dr Saeki Kei

==================================

...

"Naoki Senpai looks so cool!" A passing student says.

"I know right? He achieved victory once again in the competition against Chitose Hero Academy. I'm so glad to be in Sapporo instead of Chitose!"

On the main building, a large screen is constructed and it is playing videos of a blonde young handsome man overpowering his enemies with barrages of weapons. That's Naoki, the guy who knocked Kaito out last time. 

His power consists of creating and manipulating different types of weapons. In addition, he can change the properties of weapons down to even the elemental extent. Thus, he is known as a very versatile and promising fighter. 

Naoki's power, God of Blacksmith, may not be as simple as it seems, I know that guy is hiding something.

However, that's not something I should worry about now. After my academy, I went back home to change into a simple hoodie. I throw a glance at the cardboard enhanced with metal netting covering the broken window, I left some viruses on it to detect intruders. No one broke in. 

----------------

I take the crowded train to Chitose, many people are knocking off work. The smell of suffocating sweat and sighs of exhaustion fills the atmosphere. I quickly get off the train when I reach my destination. Directly beside the station is already the hospital.

I enter it and walk to the desk beside the entrance, the nurse behind it looks up. "Welcome, can I help you?" She asks.

"I am here to visit my sister, she is in ward 09F," I say, taking out my identity card from my wallet. 

The nurse checks it and nods. 

"Alright, follow me." She says after finishing some typing on her computer. 

We enter the lift and go up to the ninth floor, afterwards, she brings me to the room at the end of the hallway. 

Above the door that stood beyond me is a plate labelled "09F"

I thank the nurse and knock on the door. "Are you awake?" I say.

"Ah...Ayato. Yes, I am." A voice came from inside.

I slide the door open to see Ayaka smiling at me on the bed in a hospital gown. 

"What happened?" I ask. 

"Nothing much, your sister just went on a little business trip and...some unforeseen incidents happened."

The television beside Ayaka is playing the news.

"Canada's Hero Association has successfully neutralised the Villain terrorist that calls themselves 'The true order'. Remnants of the group were swiftly eliminated and citizens can enjoy peace and reassurance once more!" The news lady says.

...

"Haha... Uh..." Ayaka scratches her head.

I sigh. 

"Well, I'm glad you are alive," I say.

Even though that's what comes out of my mouth, I am concerned about whether I should take action and kill her right now. She is injured. Bandages are wrapped around her forehead and arms.

When Ayaka sees me staring at her intensely, she smiles and moves her hand around. "See, I'm fine. Don't worry." She says. 

"Yes..."

...

Heroes are trained to fight even in mortally wounded conditions. Even when heavily injured, I have never heard of an SSS-Rank losing to a D-Rank.

After much pondering, I've concluded that I need to be patient. Even if I manage to kill Ayaka, I will get the attention of other heroes and eventually, Golden Justice. In addition, I still don't know how I was tracked in the past and I could jolly well be digging my grave if I reveal my villain status.

Not yet... I need to exercise patience.

"Anyways, I've received the email about your registration for the Hero Education Scheme." Says Ayaka. She sounds concerned and the smile on her face disappears. 

"Ayato, I'm pretty sure I've told you the nature of the real hero academy, it's a ruthless place."

I smile. "To be honest, it's not that much different from the power education scheme, environmental-wise," I say.

"What?" 

"... I've heard about it from a friend, the bullying of the weak, the condescending gaze of the strong upon the weak, it's the same for both schemes."

"At the very least, there are laws to protect you." Ayaka tries to argue. I almost wanted to slap her because of her claim. If such laws are just, would people like me and Ayato need to bear such suffering?

"I've already made up my mind, sis."

...

Ayaka sighs and gets up from her bed. 

?

"Follow me, there is a small arena stadium in the hospital somewhere. They use that stadium to entertain the patients with small fights." Says Ayaka. 

As we walk together across the almost empty hospital, I become more conscious of Ayaka. Upon looking closer, her beauty is truly dazzling, I'm not surprised that many men would go after her. 

"It's been some time since we walked together... I've always been busy with work, I couldn't even spend time with you after your discharge." Says Ayaka.

"It's fine."

...

"Remember back when you kept asking me to train you, we fought some duels and I don't even need to move to end it in one strike." Says Ayaka.

...

We reach two big doors and Ayaka swings the door open. It's a large arena stadium at the top of the hospital.

"No one should be here." 

Ayaka walks to the arena and gestures for me to follow. 

"Now, little brother, I will only use 10% of my strength. If you can satisfy me, I will consent to your registration." Says Ayaka.

10