6. Martial Arts
275 1 18
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

...

"...Why?" I ask.

"You will know when you reach there."

"No, I'm not leaving until you tell me."

From my observations, cultivation sects act almost similar to a dictator. They spit and look down on mortals while exploiting them to the fullest. They also have a huge pride, a very huge pride, which caused them to be extremely arrogant and any objections will cause them to shout "courting death" or similar phrases and they go on a full rampage.

If I agree to follow them to their sect, I might as well be digging my grave. 

"Bastard, we are being nice and yet this is how you act-"

The other disciples, the one with the black hair and eyes, stop him and look behind. There are people in the corridor staring at them, some of them are snickering.

"Do you want to do this the hard way?" The same black hair disciple asks. He starts to exert some sort of pressure but I am unaffected. 

I smirk at the hot-tempered disciple to taunt him. "If he apologises, I might consider."

!!

"Bastard!"

He reaches his hand out, attempting to grab my collar. However, at that moment, I slap my chest and jump backwards.

*BOOOM!!*

?!!

I crash through the inn and into a building opposite. The slap created an exploding sound, which convinced bystanders that they made a move on me. In addition to his hand extended, nobody will believe him when he said he didn't do it.

I cough as I grasp my mouth, drips of red liquid flow through my hand to the floor.

"W-What?"

"That bastard...!" The black hair disciple says.

I thought that the cow blood I kept in the pouch would be useful for moments like this.

After splashing a bit of cow blood on my hand, I slipped the bottle of blood back into the pouch hidden behind the robe.

"To even attack a citizen, how far down have you guys gone?" Says someone behind me. He is wearing the same robe as the disciples, having brown eyes and long hair tied up into a ponytail.

He steps past me and confronts the two disciples who jump out of the inn and land beside him.

"Xie Mo, mind your business trash." Says the black hair disciple.

"Trash? XiangHou, do you want to go for another round of spar?" Says Xie Mo as he smirks.

"..."

Xiang Hou seems to be that black hair disciple, he is holding his anger back. 

"What, who is that guy?" A bystander whispers to a vendor.

The vendor scratches his head before snapping.

"Ah! I remember. That is the rising star of the Heavenly Divine Dragon sect, outer disciple Xie Mo. He used to be useless trash who was at the first stage of Qi Condensation. However, overnight last week, his behaviour suddenly changed and his cultivation base improved by leaps and bounds. Even his style of talking and walking is more elegant and refined." The vendor says.

...

Does behaviour change overnight? As well as accent and walking?

I look at Xie Mo. Logically looking at things, there are a few theories to describe Xie Mo:

1. He has a second personality.

2. He has been pretending the whole time.

3. He received some sort of enlightenment.

4. Someone is impersonating Xie Mo.

And so on...

But even then, for no one to suspect the fourth option during the one week, the fourth isn't likely.

However, including his change of accent and style of walking? All four options make zero sense. No one can change that much.

This brings me to the unlogical options which are regression, transmigration and reincarnation...

One of the three happened to Xie Mo, I've experienced one myself so I cannot deny its existence. 

In addition, the exclusion of the fact that Xie Mo may have a system is impossible.

XiangHou clicks his tongue as he turns his back on me. "This is an order by the patriarch, you will regret what you've done."

"I don't care."

And the two disciples left. 

Xie Mo throws a glance at me. His eyes shrink as he takes a look from my head to toe.

"Your entire body is... But for you to be able to withstand the hit of Qi Condensation cultivators... Is it the dragon physique?" He says.

Xie Mo sighs. "If your body isn't in such a mess I would have taken you in as a subordinate, what a pity that you won't be able to follow this king." 

King? 

With that arrogant speech, Xie Mo walks away in delight, he made use of the situation to improve his reputation.

...

Those people will come back for more, I need to become stronger quickly. Cultivation base is not the only thing I can rely on, Martial techniques are another...

----------------

Currently Infected Cultivators:2

A-Rank Cultivators: 

-Hua Xue(view)

F-Rank Cultivators:

-Zi Mi(view)

You can extract Martial techniques from the infected.

-------------------

-------------------

Hua Xue (Female)

Age:19

Cultivation Base: 2nd stage of Foundation Establishment

Note: Most of the techniques the infected have can only be used by females.

Martial techniques:

-Yang Absorption(Female)

-Flower Bloom(Female)(Defensive)

-Cherry Blossom Sword Dance(Offensive)(Female)

-Petal Circulation(Cultivation)(1000 points)[Extract]

-----------------------

Yang Absorption? Is she the prostitute I infected?

The cultivation method is useless to me... 

------------------------

Zi Mi (Male)

Age: 20

Cultivation Base: 2nd Stage of Qi Condensation.

Martial Techniques:

-Snake Scales(Defensive)(50 points)

[Extract]

-Tiger Claw(Offensive)(100 points)

[Extract]

-------------------------

...

The difference is heaven and earth. Seeing how I do not have a choice, I extracted both of Zi Mi's techniques. 

Two scrolls of words I am unable to read yet able to understand appear in my consciousness. No, this is my spiritual sea... The place where the essence of my soul is. 

I take a deep breath and open my eyes.

------------------

Congratulations! The "Abilities" Menu in your status screen is unlocked.

You can see the martial techniques you extracted there.

------------------

Let's go to the woods and try these out.

Once in the woods, I take a deep breath and circulate the Qi inside my body. My body hardens into a silverish metal.

!?

I touch my skin, it is hard. It feels like several pieces of metal are being glued to cover my entire body. 

Afterwards, I bare my nails and pour Qi into my fingers before scratching the tree.

The scratch went through clean and the tree drops to the ground, tumbling onto neighbouring trees and causing a domino effect. I take a look at the layers of wood I cut. Three of my nails managed to cut the tree so there are two layers of wood here above the stump.

I sigh. This can suffice, for now, I should focus on improving my virus and infecting more people if I want to become stronger.

Let's see...

My system level has gone up to level 6 but I didn't check out what new upgrades I can purchase

--------------

Evolution Tree

Symptoms:

[Tier 1](hide)

-Cough

-Fever

-Headache(50 Points)

-Muscle Aching(90 points)                         -fatigue(1000 points)

-Diarrhea(1000 points)(New)

[Tier 2]

-Qi Congestion(2000 points)(New)

{Infected have problems using Qi}

Properties:

[Tier 1](hide)

-Water resistance

-Heat resistance

-Water-resistance 2(900 points)

-Heat-resistance 2(900 points)

-Disruption(special)(90000 points)

-Qi immunity 1(10000 points)

[Tier 2]

-Qi Camouflage(15000 points)(New)

{Virus tends to hide with Qi, thus camouflaging as a normal Qi which may cause doctors to miss it.}

Character:

-Patient 2(2000 points)

-Cruel(5000 points)

-Qi Hunger(100000 points)

-Qi Hunger 2(150000 points)(New)(Requires Qi Hunger)

-----------------

I buy Qi immunity 1 and add it to my F-Rank virus. 

-----------------

Congratulations!

F-rank virus has been promoted to an E-Rank Virus.

The number of Evolution points gained per infected increases to 2!

-------------------

Xie Mo, if he is a reincarnation of a supreme being...

I smirk. 

During my days as a terrorist, there was one particular mission, or should I say scene, that I enjoyed the most. 

Politicians talk as if they are better than us terrorists, yet they are all the same, if not even worse than us in my opinion.

However, when those arrogant politicians have a gun pointed at their heads, their pride and arrogance disappear in the face of despair and hopelessness. With no strength to fight back, tears of cries roll down their cheek as mucus cloaked their nose, they kneeled on the floor and begged for mercy. 

Will I be able to see a similar scene with Xie Mo? 

Before that, I will have to milk him to death and improve my strength.

18