11. Hunt
463 1 15
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

--------------------

Xie Mo

Martial Arts:

{Offensive}

-Mountain Deity(50000 points)

-Heaven Judgement(200000 points)

-Creator of gods(500000 points)

-Seven Stars of Sword(100000 points)

-Sword of Reign(90000 points)

{Defensive}

-Supreme Skin(Passive)(50000 points)

-Barrier of Fate(200000 points)

-Immortality Body(500000 points)

--------------------

I browse through Xie Mo's extraction martial arts as I munch on some meat the mercenaries hunted, it's a wild beast shaped like a huge eagle at the size of a human.

All of Xie Mo's skills are so expensive... Not to mention this is only in the field of martial arts, I can't imagine how much the techniques in other fields cost.

"Sir! We are departing soon right after you are done." The driver shouts to me.

"Don't worry, I am done." I chew out the last piece of meat and toss the bone on the floor. The mercenaries disassemble the campfire and we got back up on the carriage. It is already nighttime. It is estimated I will reach XianFei soon, it has been 4 days since I departed from Nielong. 

----------------

System level: 8

Current Cultivation Realm: Ninth Stage of Qi Condensation.

Infect 20,985 more people to advance to the next stage.

Virus Slot 1: Virus Rank E

-Cough

-Fever

-Water resistance

-Qi immunity 1

-Qi Immunity 2

[View Evolution Tree]

The number of Infected people: 79,015

The number of people killed: 1,000

Recovered: 8

Evolution Points: 137,364

[Martial Techniques]

[Special Infected]

[Locked]

----------------

----------------

Congratulations on getting 1,000 kills!

First 1,000 kills beginner reward package(Claim)

----------------

----------------

New Mission available!

-Get 50,000 Kills

+40,000 points

+1 Martial Package Z

+1 Virus slot

-Reach level 10

+1 Martial Package Y

+20,000 points

------------------

Several panels abruptly pop up when I step into the carriage.

?!

Beginner reward package?

I click "Claim".

-------------------

Congratulations!

You obtained:

-Eye of the Gods

[Sub Cultivation] Menu unlocked

--------------------

--------------------

Sub-Cultivation

============

Spiritual Roots: None(Broken Meridian and Dantian)

[Body Cultivation]

Left Eye: Normal(equip)

Right Eye: Normal(equip)

Muscles: Normal

Spirit: Normal

Bones: Normal

Meridians: Broken

Dantian: Broken

===============

---------------------

---------------------

(Right eye)

-Eyes of the Gods{equip}

---------------------

Once I click equip, the colours my vision sees become inverted.

!!

Some black smoke appears out of thin air and engulfs my right eye. I quickly close my eyes as I grasp it.

"Sir? What's wrong?" Yi Kai asks.

"No, it's nothing."

As I open my eyes, everything is back to normal with one exception...

I can now see a huge circle with some inscriptions on the roof of the carriage.

???

Is that an...array?

---------------

Eyes of the Gods(lvl 1)

"Nothing can hide from me with the eyes of the gods."

Every hidden array, trap, and formation can be viewed by you, regardless of how strong they are.

Immune to specialized attacks that invade the body through the eyes.

-----------------

...

I take a deep breath. How nice of the system.

On the way to XianFei, I chat with Yi Kai about the world. He enthusiastically shares what he knows despite some being fake information.

The realms of Cultivation are as follows:

From the weakest, 

-Qi Condensation

-Foundation Establishment

-Core Formation

-Golden Core

-Nascent Soul

-Golden Soul

-Transcendent Spirit

Each realm contains 10 stages to break through before facing a heavenly tribulation to go to the next realm.

Yi Kai also included that beasts can cultivate and even transform into a human form when they accumulated enough cultivation.

After Transcendent Spirit, it is impossible to advance any further without going to the higher domains, another world consisting of cultivators of even greater power. To do so, one must overcome the final heavenly tribulation and open the gate to space and time.

"You don't need to feel upset by the fact that you are crippled, you are still gifted as an alchemist and there are many ways for mortals to be influential in the Murim." Says Yi Kai.

"You are right."

The carriage stops all of a sudden. I peek outside of the carriage to see a group of people talking to the old man. 

After skimming through the letter the old man gave to the people, they let us continue forward. It was then I notice the long queue of carriages, they seem to be entering XianFei but we were given priority. 

"This is one of the benefits of joining the competition, we get to easily enter XianFei."

...

"You look like asking why there are so many visitors."

"You don't see this in Nielong after all," I say.

Yi Kai smiles. "Well, XianFei doesn't usually have this many visitors, it's the competition that lured all these people. But XianFei is good at one thing, arrays. Usually, only array masters visit XianFei."

"I see..."

A shadow engulfs the carriage before sunlight shows itself again, we got through the gate and into the city. The streets are very busy.

The carriage stops beside an Inn as the old man gets off and opens the door. I alight and the disciples follow.

"The competition will start tomorrow. Let's rest in this inn for now." I say.

They nod.

-------------

"There's simply no reason for us to continue this. A master hiding his strength? Is that old man going senile? His entire body is in a mess! There is no way he is a cultivator, I've never heard of a technique that disguises your entire body to be crippled." Says Li Xing.

"We still need to complete our job as mercenaries, bear with this for a while more."

The disciples are staying in the room next door, thinking that I cannot hear them because a mortal is unable to.

This confirms my suspicions. They are all from the Heavenly Divine Dragon sect, that old man is probably an elder to watch over the disciples in case of danger. 

I lay against the bed pondering. Should I do anything about it? Probably not. People will find out about me sooner or later. 

On the other hand, the more fame I gain, the harder it is to assassinate me silently. 

I smirk. 

Besides, I have many advantages over them. Genius or not, once a virus invades your body, it is checkmate. 

Now then as for 

The next day, I went with the disciples to a large plaza built on the cliff of XianFei. XianFei is a city on the edge of a mountain.

From the plaza, breathtaking scenery can be viewed across the mountains. Behind some mountains, patches of forest that extend to the horizon can be seen, the mountainous regions end near XianFei.

I register with the mercenaries and we walk to the waiting area. Looking around, there are ridiculously big, muscular, and ragged cultivators to small, slim, and well-dressed handsome beauties.

"They are...core disciples of different sects. For example, those big and shameless cultivators are the Body Refinement Sect. They specialize in cultivating muscles and are widely known for their destructive arrogance." Says Yi Kai.

"Some are from notorious families in Tianwu. Why are they here for such a small competition?" Says Li Xing, her eyes wide open as she clenches her fist, this is the first time she talked to me.

Looks like the disciples noticed that something is wrong.

As for me, of course, I can notice something amiss when a giant array circle is floating above us. It is dark purple and emits some sort of static electricity. 

...

"Welcome to XianFei, everyone! A very warm welcome to the 21st Ghost Valley competition held yearly by the participants. We've seen some legends start from this competition in the past few years, will there be any more this year? I am YuLing, the elder of the Majestic Array Sect and will be the host of the competition this year."

XianFei belongs to the Majestic Array sect according to Yi Kai.

!!!!

The array in the sky disperses into tiny purple particles and each particle seeps into every participant. One of the particles seeps into me.

------------------------

A fragment of the blood curse has invaded the host body.

Consuming 100 points to absorb the curse.

------------------------

Blood curse...

"Without further ado, we will be sending every participant into the region of Ghost Valley. I wish everyone the best of luck. The rules are simple, just kill as many beasts as possible and bring back their beast core. If you want to surrender, just tear the talisman everyone will be receiving and it will bring you back to XianFei."

A sudden talisman appears in my hand. After that speech, a blinding light engulfs my body.

I take out Zi Mi's sword from my pouch to prepare myself.

----------

When the light clears up, I find myself in an eerie dark place. The sky seems to be in a dark shade of green and there are surrounding trunks and branches of trees but no leaves, a subtle fog lingers in the air.

!

I duck to dodge an attack, something leapt at me.

Drawing my sword, I slash the mysterious entity above into two as its blood splattered onto my face.

It is a big beast that looks like a red coyote, its eyes are completely yellow with it is the size of a human. I check the lower torso for the beast's core and find nothing, checking the top torso, I found the core in its head.

"There you are-"

Yi Kai, along with Ru Bao, appears from behind the rock and is stunned to see the corpse. 

"H-Huh, isn't that a grade 3 beast Coyote that even a Qi Condensation have trouble fighting? How did you-"

I smile at Yi Kai. "What do you think?"

15