Chapter 29
485 2 16
X
Reading Options
Font Size
A- 15px A+
Width
Reset
X
Table of Contents
Loading... please wait.

In physics, destiny are everything that happens because of simultaneous interactions of everything.

Coincidences are things that has no direct or indirect relationship with the series of events under some circumstances.

Some civilization believes that the stars decided one's fate. Being born under a certain star could mean a good fate or bad fate. Your entire life was decided by a single star you were born. And the path you walked your entire life was called fate, while the end of journey was called destiny.

However, life are full of choices.

There was no such thing as coincidence nor fate. Everything that happened was based on the law of causality.

The chance of dying after drinking water was less than 1% while the chance of dying a highly poisonous chemical substance could go as close as 100%. Choosing to drink water or poison could decide whether you live or die.

That is why life itself was a choice. However, whether one's choice was good or bad choice could be counted with probability.

Then, what are the odds of me spending time alone with Claudia? 

Motherf*cker! How the hell I'm supposed to know!? To hell with probability, coincidences, fate and those bullshit!

The only thing I know was because I chose yes and now I was alone with her on the 3rd floor. If I chose no, we might still be standing side-by-side without saying anything. That's no different from a freaking torture for me! Not to mention, there is chance I might upset her and get into her bad side.

And so, here I am walking around looking at the shelves at the 3rd floor with her.

In front of us were rows of weapons put on display. Swords, bows, arrows, glaives, axes, greatswords, daggers, staffs, whips, armors, robes, helmets, boots, gauntlets etc. All kind of equipments were being displayed in the shelves. The lowest tier of the equipments was a magic tier.

It might be a bit weird spending time alone with a beautiful girl looking at weaponry. However I didn't find it weird at all. Rather, it was much more relaxing than standing by her side without saying anything.

"How is it, Rain? Is there anything you want?"

Claudia asked softly.

"Not really. The weapons here are great but I don't really need a weapon"
"Then, what are you looking for?"
"Magic scroll"
"Should we look for it then?"
"No, let's stay here for a little more. The magic scroll I need is not a rare one, so it should be easy to find it"
"Okay"

Claudia nodded and continued to look for a weapon.

"Claudia-sama, what kind of weapon are you using?"

I already know what kind of weapon she was wielding, but small talk won't hurt, right?

"I'm using a spear"

She answered my question without hesitation.

"Do you already have one? or are you going to buy one?"
"I already have one, but my strength is not enough to wield it's true strength. I'm planning to buy one because the weapon here was much better than the one in the capital forgery. For example, that one"

She pointed her finger at a display case.
Inside it was a deep-red spear. It was around 2.26m in length. Even though it was put inside a display case, I could still feel the strength coming from that spear.

<Blood Warrior Spear>
A spear made of earth element shard wielded by a warrior and colored with the enemies blood.
STR + 75
AGI - 25
HP + 150
Set (3/5) STR + 25, HP + 50
Set (5/5) STR + 40, HP + 100
Requirement : STR 150

The first epic tier weapon I saw ever since I came into this world. The set effects was good as it provides 10 levels worth of stats. Not to mention the huge boost on STR. It was a great weapon sets for the mid game. 

However it's requirement was a bit harsh. A minimum of 150 STR stats was limiting it's usage. It was like having a level 30 characters focused only on strength to wear it. Of course, you can also wear equipments that boost STR to wear this spear. But equipments that gives a big boost to STR in early game were only a few.
It's not that you cannot wear equipments if you don't meet the requirement. You just can't exert it's full strength. Back in the game, there was 80% stats penalty of wearing equipments without fulfilling the requirement.

Earlier, Claudia said she has a spear but she couldn't wield it's true strength. It basically means the penalty existed here as well.

The spear she has was probably the unique-tier spear she used back in the game on act 3 and 4. It's no wonder she couldn't use it's true strength. As far as I remember, her spear needs at least 350 STR and 200 AGI as requirements.

I don't know her current level, but she was stronger than Leonhardt. I'm guessing she was around level 28 or 29. There is also a chance she was at level 30.

I don't know whether her stats grow the same just like the game or the same amounts of penalty was being inflicted when wielding weapon without fulfilling the requirements.

Although if she could wielded this spear at this stage, then she is a monster.

I don't even know about my own stats growth because I couldn't allocate it like the game. I couldn't even feel the feeling of leveling up even though I definitely feel getting stronger.

Without status windows to check my stats or progress, it's hard to know about my own strength. However, I'm sure even with my equipment boost, it's not enough to reach 150 STR.

I walked towards the display case and put my hand on it. After channeling my mana for a bit, the case was opened. I grabbed the spear with my right hand. I could feel the heavy weight of the spear. 

The heaviness was different from that of gravity pull or because of the weight. It was more like rejection.

I grabbed it with both hands and managed to hold it. Even though I managed to hold it, I couldn't wield it as a proper weapon. Instinctly, I knew I could only bring out 50% of it's power even after channeling my mana into it.

I put the spear back and pondered for a bit.

If the requirement needed was 150 STR, does that mean I only have around 75 STR since I could only bring out 50% of it's power?

While I was lost in thought, Claudia held the spear unknowingly.
She was holding the spear with one hand and then managed to make a few clean swing and thrust with both hand.

I was captivated by the way she wield the spear. Her movements was smooth unlike me. It reminded me of the way how Ash was slashing his sword. Her spearmanship was like an art.

After a while, she stopped her movements.

"Amazing"

I unknowingly said so.

"It's an amazing spear. I couldn't wield it completely, but having 80% of mastery is good enough"

She said while putting the spear back.

80% of mastery? Does that mean her STR was around 120? If that's true then she was almost twice as strong as me just in STR alone. Even if I used all my equipments, it will only boosted me by 53 points in STR. Which means, I only have 8 points advantage in terms of STR after using all my equipments.

This differences makes me realized how terrifying her talent is and how weak I'm. Of course it's not like I don't have any chance to go against her. I could make up my lacking stats with equipments and use skill books to learn some skills.

"Are you not going to buy it Claudia-sama?"

I asked curiously.

"I didn't bring the money with me. I will come again next time"

She shook her head.

Well, I guess taking 20.000 gold at once was also a burden for her. Not to mention she was also buying other things. She probably need around 30.000 gold if she also buying the spear.

The price between rare-tier and epic-tier spikes up to 5 times or even more because of their rarity and supply. The price of epic-tier weapon was around 15.000 up to 30.000 gold. Epic-tier was the highest tier weapons sold in the market.

Unique-tier could only be created by using precious materials. People who have a unique-tier weapon won't sell it and will passed it down as a heirlroom.

Of course, you can also get unique-tier weapon from dungeon, but most dungeon have already been explored.

Legendary-tier was a weapon on the scale of a national treasure. No one in their right mind will sell it away. Even a broken legendary weapon worth a lot more than a complete unique weapon.

Heroic-tier was a strategic class weapon that could change the power structure of a country who have them. It was on the same level as atomic bomb from earth. Only 3 countries were known to have them. The Laurasia Kingdom, the Eurasia Kingdom and Alfheim, the country of elves.

As for the ultimate weapon that is basically a game changer, excluding the dlc, there were only 2 known throughout the entire story.

∆ ∆ ∆

We were looking through the weaponry for around half an hour and then went to the magic scrolls section.

There are at least a hundred magic scrolls all over here. It was a large amount of number considering the production of magic scrolls was tricky.

First, the maker needs to know how to cast the spell and also have knowledge about sealing rune. Not only that, the maker also need to have knowledge about alchemy to make the special scrolls for it. Of course, you can use scrolls made by other alchemists, but most scroll maker were also an alchemist in which they use their own scroll.

Alchemy is not just about potions, but a wide range of specialties. A great alchemist could make various items with great effects. It was a profession that could make a lot of money but also spend a lot of money in order to succeed.

Those who don't have talent for alchemy will just burn their money. While those who have talent for it was burdened with money.

There were also some occations where some forces kidnapped alchemists for their use when they couldn't invite them.

"She really is a great alchemist"

I muttered in a low voice.

"Yes. Most of the items here are rare items that is hard to find in the outside. I wonder why such a great person chose to disappeared from the public and opened a store in this place instead?"

Claudia said doubtfully.

"Perhaps, she was afraid of trouble. After the civil war ended, a great alchemist like her will probably be overworked to death to stabilize the situation"
"That's interesting"

Claudia chuckled when she heard my answer.

"What do you think, Claudia-sama?"
"Maybe she was given a secret mission or something. Perhaps, it was also to protect herself. Some people might try to lock her and use her for their benefits. Although she is strong, it's hard to say whether she could protect herself from politics"
"I see"

I walked to one of the shelves with Claudia next to me. There were only 10cm spaces between us. Honestly, I don't know why it was so hard for me just standing next to her. There is a special atmosphere around her that makes it suffocating.

Even Arteria who was a princess doesn't have this kind of aura that seems like an invincible wall.
I really admire Irina for being able to stand by her side while ignoring the walls around her.

Maybe it was because I'm resisting her beauty and aura because I'm afraid of being charmed by her.

If I were a girl, will I still resist it? or just accept it and become friends with her?

"...in. Rain?"

Claudia was waving her hand in front of my face.

Unknowingly, I lost in thought and stopped.

"Ah"

I snapped back.

"My apologize, Claudia-sama"

I bowed my head.

"What's wrong, Rain? Did you have something in your mind?"
"I was just thinking for a bit"
"Do you mind sharing it with me?"
"That's..."

I hesitated for a bit.

Should I tell her that I want to get close to her? will she think it's inappropriate?

"Rain, can I ask you something?"

Claudia suddenly said.

"Yes, Claudia-sama"
"Why are you always being so hesitant and polite with me? It's like you're keeping distance with me"

She looked at me straight in the eyes while saying so.

"I..."

How should I answer this?

"Do you perhaps dislike me?"

Somehow, I could feel her emotions fluctuated for a bit.

"It's not that"

I denied her words.

"I don't dislike you. On the contrary, I want to get along with Claudia-sama just like my sister did. However, I don't know how. Our status was far too different. And if I were to get too familiar with you, rumors might spread around which will trouble you. If I were a girl, such a thing won't be a problem, but I'm a man. Moreover, you're my sister friend. So, I don't really know how to treat you"

I turned my face around after saying so.

My heartbeat became faster and somehow, I could feel my face getting red. I feel like I just confessed to her even though it was not a confession at all. Damn it! I hate this teenager body with unstable hormon!

"Earlier, you said to the shop owner that we were your friends. So, I think we were already friends. Or was it just my misunderstanding?"

She said in a low voice.

"That's..."

I was taken aback by her answer.

"I wonder if it's alright for us to become friends?"
"Why not? You get along well with Rosetta and Irina and yet you left me behind. Somehow it makes me irritated. Sometimes I feel like I want to yell at you, but I know I shouldn't. I also know you get along with a girl named Lucia and spent your time together almost all the time. It's frustrating me when I compared it to my situation"

I could feel her emotions from her tone.

I might mistaken a few things about her. She might be a talented lady from a duke house. However, in the end she was just a young girl. No matter how mature she usually acts, it was all just a front because of her status.

Jealousy.

An emotion I never thought would be directed at me. Especially from her. Of course her jealousy was not based on love or affection. It was just a jealousy over friendship.

If I was a dense protagonist in harem story, this kind of situation will lead to a misunderstanding. It would pile up until it overflow one day.

"Then, Claudia-sama. Can we become friends?"

I looked at her in the eyes. Somehow I could sense her gaze softened.

"Yes, Rain. From now on we're friends. I will hate you if you left me out again"

She let out a smile.

Her smile was beautiful. It almost captivated my heart.

"Then, since we're friends, you should stop adding -sama to my name"
"Ugh, that will be a bit hard"
"Why? there is no point in being friends if you're still being polite with me"
"My sister and Rosetta will yell at me if I call your name casually"
"Ah, I see"

She nodded in agreement.

"Then, just do it when Irina and Rosetta weren't around"

She blinked at me while saying so.

"Okay"

It's just calling her by her name. It's not a big problem since I called Arteria with a nickname. 

"Let's buy something as a commemoration. It's better if we could get matching items. We also have to buy it for Irina and Rosetta. Being left out is really not good after all"

Just before we were about to look for things, I heard a scream from behind.

"Rain, you idiot! Why are you leaving without saying anything!?

Irina was yelling at me.

16